The many problems with Electric vehicles.

52 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Says 'Center for Population Studies'. Is that where they do research on how to make lemmings all go off a cliff?

Because hella yes

Watchin you people get taken for a long ride...

^ZERO reason to believe these amateur OPINIONS about climate.

Maybe you should try stand-up since you're a joke.

36 minutes ago, Legato said:

You was doing okay until 'Harvard".

You couldn't carry his pocket protector. LMAO

8 minutes ago, robosmith said:

He's an expert on population studies, in other words how to brain-wash you people into being obedient little sheep.

Stay in your pen, little fella! Might be coyotes out there...

17 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Lol!!!

Robosmith - I REFUSE TO BELIEVE YOUR OPINION WITHOUT FACTS

@OftenWrong,  - here's facts.

Robosmith - I REFUSE TO BELIEVE YOUR OPINION DESPITE THE FACTS!!!

28 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

He's an expert on population studies, in other words how to brain-wash you people into being obedient little sheep.

Stay in your pen, little fella! Might be coyotes out there...

You don't know what you're talking about and often wrong, AGAIN.

Roger Revelle was a giant of a man, both in his 6-foot, 4-inch stature and in his impact on San Diego, for it was he who was the father of the University of California, San Diego, general campus here. And it is the world-class prestige of UCSD’s faculty that has attracted so many high-technology companies to start, grow and prosper in San Diego.

Dr. Revelle was born in Seattle, grew up in Pasadena, and graduated from Pomona College in 1929 with a BA in geology. He received a Ph.D. in oceanography from UC-Berkeley in 1936, after having joined Scripps Institution of Oceanography in 1931, the same year as his marriage to Ellen V. Clark. Revelle was in the Navy during World War II and head of the Geophysics Branch, Office of Naval Research, from 1946 to 1948.

He then returned to SIO as Professor of Oceanography and became its director from 1950 to 1964.

Go back under your BRIDGE, TROLL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robosmith said:

You don't know what you're talking about and often wrong, AGAIN.

Go back under your BRIDGE, TROLL.

That's not the credentials you gave us. You're the troll. Good for you to try and back it up, but those credentials are ancient compared to the climate modelling we rely on today. Not that's it's any better today, just wrong as usual.

1929, they didn't even know about global warming. They were still busy burning fossil fuels and blowing things up. That's the research they were doing back then.

51 minutes ago, robosmith said:

What does he have in his pocket that needs protection. Enquiring minds need to know.

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

That's not the credentials you gave us.

Revelle has many credentials. Which you would know if you bothered to look for them.

In 1957, Roger and Hans Suess demonstrated that carbon dioxide had increased in the air as a result of the consumption of fossil fuels, in a famous article published in Tellus (5). Roger's interest in CO2 was to engage his attention for the rest of his life.
2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

You're the troll. Good for you to try and back it up, but those credentials are ancient compared to the climate modelling we rely on today. Not that's it's any better today, just wrong as usual.

1929, they didn't even know about global warming. They were still busy burning fossil fuels and blowing things up. That's the research they were doing back then.

You're wrong, AGAIN. GW has been known about for over 100 years.

In 1896, a seminal paper by Swedish scientist Svante Arrhenius first predicted that changes in atmospheric carbon dioxide levels could substantially alter the surface temperature through the greenhouse effect. In 1938, Guy Callendar connected carbon dioxide increases in Earth's atmosphere to global warming.
Just now, Legato said:

What does he have in his pocket that needs protection. Enquiring minds need to know.

You really don't know what a pocket protector is for? LMAO

㊙️ They keep leaking pens from staining your shirt. Duh

On 3/3/2024 at 2:27 PM, taxme said:

And of course you have been to the both poles to see this great big melt going on, eh? So, just how did you go about measuring sea level rise yourself? Or are you just relying on one of those climate crisis buffoons like Al Gore for your info? 

I prefer to listen to people like Mark Marano of Climate Depot website. Mark makes way more sense than you climate change losers ever do. And where in the world is the sea level rising anyway? 

I agree that the melting of the permafrost is something to be concerned about but no one really knows for certain as to why it is melting. Or maybe those pictures that we see of permafrost melting are pictures of what happens every year in the Arctic.

The climate crisis bull shitters have been well known to lie about many climate change activities happening in the world. When it comes to the MSM, i think twice before i will believe what they say.

Al Gore has predicted for many decades that the world will soon be flooded. Miami was supposed to end up being under water in 2020. Shocking, but that has not happened yet. What happened to his prediction? Do you know? 😇

i don't know what to tell you... the flowers are out in February where i live!

nothing going on!

3 minutes ago, godzilla said:

nothing going on!

last year was one of our coldest on record here. So ... does that mean global warming is a lie? :)

Anytime it's warm - it' global warming. Any time it's cold, it'  just weather not climate can't you tell the difference? :)  

On 3/3/2024 at 9:50 PM, robosmith said:

That's SEASONAL, NOT CLIMATE, DODO

"Probably" means YOU DON'T KNOW.

Dr. Revelle is a respected pioneering CLIMATE SCIENTIST. at Harvard Duh

Jul 17, 1991  Revelle (pronounced ruh-VEL) founded and became director of the Center for Population Studies at Harvard University. Roger Randall Dougan ...

Again, so just where in the world are the seas rising all that much? And why isn't Miami under water yet as Al Gore predicted it would be under water by 2020? Two questions that you have not replied too.

Liberal bastion Harvard, eh? LOL. Maybe your respected scientist is a spokesmen for the WEF globalist elite for all i know. Guys like him keep predicting doom and gloom all the time but yet not all that much has happened in the world re: climate change. I need more convincing rather than reading bull chit. Well, do you have anything for me? 😁

He can wipe my butt when i am finished though. 🤣

On 3/5/2024 at 3:02 PM, godzilla said:

nothing going on!

Or, in other words, you have not been to both poles to see this big global climate change for yourself. But yet, you seem to feel that you are the expert here on global warming? As far as i am concerned, you know dyk about climate change, right? 

Yup, all is well where i live and nothing going on here also. And i do not see any real big change in the climate where i live.

Same old, same old every day, even in February.  😁

46 minutes ago, taxme said:

Or, in other words, you have not been to both poles to see this big global climate change for yourself. But yet, you seem to feel that you are the expert here on global warming? As far as i am concerned, you know dyk about climate change, right? 

Yup, all is well where i live and nothing going on here also. And i do not see any real big change in the climate where i live.

Same old, same old every day, even in February.  😁

i was being sarcastic. the weather where i live in my lifetime has never been like this. and its been getting weirder and weirder. forest fires have burned through the winter! its a linear path. do you understand its going to get warmer and warmer and warmer?

the climate has been warmer in the past. its only possible to push the next ice age off by 5k years or so. which is a good thing? probably... we won't be around.

but in the near term, the costs of not doing anything and the accompanying drought, hurricanes, sea level rises dwarf the costs of doing something to slow it. i'm convinced its inevitable. but it doesn't need to be inevitable for stupid reasons like people who like big trucks that they don't need because, you know, it reflects their tough guy attitude.

Edited by godzilla

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Again, so just where in the world are the seas rising all that much? And why isn't Miami under water yet as Al Gore predicted it would be under water by 2020? Two questions that you have not replied too.

Liberal bastion Harvard, eh? LOL. Maybe your respected scientist is a spokesmen for the WEF globalist elite for all i know. Guys like him keep predicting doom and gloom all the time but yet not all that much has happened in the world re: climate change. I need more convincing rather than reading bull chit. Well, do you have anything for me? 😁

He can wipe my butt when i am finished though. 🤣

Don't know why you believe ^your IGNORANT OPINION matters.

Your denial is NOT going to stop the damage being done. 

You either pay to reduce GHG, or you pay for the increased costs of climate change from extreme storms, droughts and other damages to food production (and stupidly blame those increases on pols instead of your own ignorance).

1 hour ago, godzilla said:

i was being sarcastic. the weather where i live in my lifetime has never been like this. and its been getting weirder and weirder. forest fires have burned through the winter! its a linear path. do you understand its going to get warmer and warmer and warmer?

the climate has been warmer in the past. its only possible to push the next ice age off by 5k years or so. which is a good thing? probably... we won't be around.

but in the near term, the costs of not doing anything and the accompanying drought, hurricanes, sea level rises dwarf the costs of doing something to slow it. i'm convinced its inevitable. but it doesn't need to be inevitable for stupid reasons like people who like big trucks that they don't need because, you know, it reflects their tough guy attitude.

Many ice ages have come and gone and then have back again for thousands of years. I believe that it was just ten thousand years ago that half of North America was under ice. And then all that ice melted away and the world did not flood over with water. There was plenty of land now available to live on. 

Where is it getting warmer? I do not see this happening outside my door where i am living. And this so called warming trend could be due to the sun as some scientists have said. We cannot stop what is happening to the climate. We just have to learn to live with the climate changes. We will adapt. There are many conspiracy theorists that are saying that many of those wild fires have been started on purpose by laser beams from some spacecraft in the sky. Hey, we never know, eh? 

Exactly, We are not going to be around in 5 thousand years, so why give a chit? Enjoy life and stop letting doom and gloom people like globalist Al gore get you all upset over nothing. The guy has made millions off of fools that have listened and bought and read his books on his fake climate predictions. This fool even said that by 2020 Miami will be under water. Ha-ha-ha. And buffoons still listen to this fool? As i have said many times already, we do not know as to why all of these things are happening. I am certainly not going to lose sleep over it. 

Yes, my son owns a truck. Why? Because he uses it to haul his trailer or boat around and can go into bush country with it. And no, he does not act like a tough guy with attitude. You need to woke up. 😁

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

Don't know why you believe ^your IGNORANT OPINION matters.

Your denial is NOT going to stop the damage being done. 

You either pay to reduce GHG, or you pay for the increased costs of climate change from extreme storms, droughts and other damages to food production (and stupidly blame those increases on pols instead of your own ignorance).

But of course your own ignorant opinions should be listened to, right? Get lost. 

I can deny anything that i want to deny. You nor me can stop any damage that is being done to the environment. My ICE vehicle is not hurting the environment at all. All the carbon that it emits is good for plant and tree life to grow and make oxygen. The trees and plants need carbon to survive.

Trying to lessen carbon emissions into the air will kill all plant and tree life and both plant life and humans will die off together. Why would you support the elimination of carbon when you need it to live and breath? Why do you want to kill yourself? 

I believe in the conspiracy theorists who have said that all of these weather pattern changes are pretty much being created thanks to HAARP. modifications being implemented into the earths eco system. Many of them have been explained away as being a part of a greater overall globalist plan that we are not being made aware of. 

Hey, we never know, eh? 😇

19 minutes ago, taxme said:

Many ice ages have come and gone and then have back again for thousands of years. I believe that it was just ten thousand years ago that half of North America was under ice. And then all that ice melted away and the world did not flood over with water. There was plenty of land now available to live on. 

Where is it getting warmer? I do not see this happening outside my door where i am living. And this so called warming trend could be due to the sun as some scientists have said. We cannot stop what is happening to the climate. We just have to learn to live with the climate changes. We will adapt. There are many conspiracy theorists that are saying that many of those wild fires have been started on purpose by laser beams from some spacecraft in the sky. Hey, we never know, eh? 

Exactly, We are not going to be around in 5 thousand years, so why give a chit? Enjoy life and stop letting doom and gloom people like globalist Al gore get you all upset over nothing. The guy has made millions off of fools that have listened and bought and read his books on his fake climate predictions. This fool even said that by 2020 Miami will be under water. Ha-ha-ha. And buffoons still listen to this fool? As i have said many times already, we do not know as to why all of these things are happening. I am certainly not going to lose sleep over it. 

Yes, my son owns a truck. Why? Because he uses it to haul his trailer or boat around and can go into bush country with it. And no, he does not act like a tough guy with attitude. You need to woke up. 😁

if your son owns a truck and needs one then thats fine.

you don't seem to know much about climate though. its pretty simple. we can measure the amount of CO2 in the air and it is 4k times more that it was at the beginning of the 20th century. and it is a greenhouse gas. i'm sure you've heard this over and over again.

its not "who knows"? we do know. you can decide to believe the world is flat all you like... its not.

thats great that the weather hasn't changed where you are. thats going to happen in places. but where i live... its changed a lot before my eyes and that change seems to be speeding up. no space lasers. no snow. we're 40% below traditional snowpack here in the pacific northwest. forest fires have burned all winter! do you remember the smoke last year in the eastern US from the fires here?

i don't listen to Al Gore at all. i've never seen him speak. is this some mass conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of scientists? the number of them from almost every field confirm it. the oil and gas industry knew it was happening 50 years ago. do you remember the "greening of the planet" tv commercials? they know its happening and recently the blamed to public for not doing something earlier about it.

3 hours ago, taxme said:

Trying to lessen carbon emissions into the air will kill all plant and tree life and both plant life and humans will die off together. Why would you support the elimination of carbon when you need it to live and breath? Why do you want to kill yourself? 

You are severely brain damaged. Stick to Bolo bats and boogers, things you know stuff about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2024 at 8:22 PM, herbie said:

You are severely brain damaged. Stick to Bolo bats and boogers, things you know stuff about.

I guess that i must be brain damaged alright because trying to debate here with a brain dead chosen one dummy Marxist like yourself is truly a waste of my precious conservative time. Left wing liberal Marxists like yourself are truly an exercise in futility. I suggest to you that you should go stick a finger in one of your ears and go bowling. Let me know if you get a strike, baby boo-boo.  🤣

2 hours ago, taxme said:

with a brain dead chosen one dummy Marxist

Can't argue the point at all, eh? Resort to ad hominem.

So if you own 2 vehicles. an EV makes sense. The average EV can do all your in town buzzing around for pennies. Average consumption is 15kwh/100km vs 10L/100km for an ICE.
So even here in the boonies, 15kwh @ 14c/kwh vs 10L @ $1.67 works out to two centsvs $16.70. So thinking back to when I lived in Langley and worked in Burnaby two cents a day for gas sounds pretty damn good. Considering I spent lots for a propane conversion to pay 19c a litre instead of 55c back in the late 1980s.

Not even considering inflation or the fact there's already far more EV charging stations than vehicle propane stations, or the fact you can charge at home. Even your outdoor 110V plug at 2.2kwh can more than fill that 100km back up overnight.

Good God you guys, I made a massive f*ckup and nobody noticed in 4 hours!

14x15 =2?

I put 2c instead of $2 and then compounded it by referring to it again. Maybe a little wishful thinking on top of my brain fart.
I originally rounded off the $2.10 to $2 as not all the cost might be at the overage rate. Nevertheless two bucks beats paying 17 any day.

So sorry, Rory.

On 3/8/2024 at 5:06 PM, taxme said:

But of course your own ignorant opinions should be listened to, right? Get lost. 

Nope, it's the opinions of climate scientists based ON EVIDENCE. Thanks for demonstrating ANOTHER one of your ignorant OPINIONS.

I can deny anything that i want to deny.

Sure you can, but it WON'T CHANGE the FACTS.

You nor me can stop any damage that is being done to the environment.

Yes WE CAN. In the aggregate.

My ICE vehicle is not hurting the environment at all. All the carbon that it emits is good for plant and tree life to grow and make oxygen. The trees and plants need carbon to survive.

Wrong. Trees and plants don't need MORE CO2.

You are CONFUSED about the difference between BIOLOGICAL CO2 and FOSSIL FUEL BURNING CO2.

Only the latter INCREASES atmospheric concentrations. Duh

I believe in the conspiracy theorists who have said that all of these weather pattern changes are pretty much being created thanks to HAARP. modifications being implemented into the earths eco system. Many of them have been explained away as being a part of a greater overall globalist plan that we are not being made aware of. 

Hey, we never know, eh? 😇

YOU never know, because you KNOW NOTHING about the SCIENCE of GHG GW.

7 hours ago, taxme said:

I guess that i must be brain damaged alright because trying to debate here with a brain dead chosen one dummy Marxist like yourself is truly a waste of my precious conservative time. Left wing liberal Marxists like yourself are truly an exercise in futility. I suggest to you that you should go stick a finger in one of your ears and go bowling. Let me know if you get a strike, baby boo-boo.  🤣

You're NOT debating. Debate is done with FACTS, and all you have posted is ignorant OPINIONS.

Think is, we don't need additional EVIDENCE to concur with climate scientists, but YOU NEED EVIDENCE to dispute them.

12 hours ago, herbie said:

Good God you guys, I made a massive f*ckup and nobody noticed in 4 hours!

14x15 =2?

I put 2c instead of $2 and then compounded it by referring to it again. Maybe a little wishful thinking on top of my brain fart.
I originally rounded off the $2.10 to $2 as not all the cost might be at the overage rate. Nevertheless two bucks beats paying 17 any day.

So sorry, Rory.

It would appear as though you are having way too many brain farts. At least from my observations here. 😁

16 hours ago, herbie said:

Can't argue the point at all, eh? Resort to ad hominem.

So if you own 2 vehicles. an EV makes sense. The average EV can do all your in town buzzing around for pennies. Average consumption is 15kwh/100km vs 10L/100km for an ICE.
So even here in the boonies, 15kwh @ 14c/kwh vs 10L @ $1.67 works out to two centsvs $16.70. So thinking back to when I lived in Langley and worked in Burnaby two cents a day for gas sounds pretty damn good. Considering I spent lots for a propane conversion to pay 19c a litre instead of 55c back in the late 1980s.

Not even considering inflation or the fact there's already far more EV charging stations than vehicle propane stations, or the fact you can charge at home. Even your outdoor 110V plug at 2.2kwh can more than fill that 100km back up overnight.

Who worked all that out for you? The EV industry by chance? I can drive around in the bush country and not worry too much about running out of gas. I can always carry a couple of cans of gas to save my ass. I bet that you cannot carry a couple of cans of electricity in your EV? Owning an EV limits yourself as to how far you can go outside of the city. Try driving your EV around in the Yukon and see how that works out for you? 

The push on EV's is just another globalist elite pile of nonsense. It goes along with their plans for their 15 minute cities that they want to try and implement. When anyone buys an EV, they are pretty much going along with this diabolical globalist plan. Just my opinion of course. 😇