Jordan Peterson: Your much-vaunted Charter of Rights isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

And Biden got 81,283,501 votes.

Does that tell YOU something ?  🤔

Not that i'm a trump fan, but how do you think Biden is going to do in this coming election ?....

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

etc. includes Climate Change and Marxism.  

Of course, his take on these things are purely impressionistic and moral so his fans don't see a problem with him "debating" by simply ridiculing the thing out of context.

Can i ask what your an expert on michael, lets include moonbox as well, experts on climate change ? or economics in moonboxes case...and yet both of you have put out your opinions here on this forum, as peterson has on larger media platforms...

I'll get to my point, I've learned alot for listening and debating those topics with both of you on this very forum, and i've learned to reform my opinion on many topics through listening and debating with you two guys ....I've learned that from reading your sources or from searching for sources of my own to try and understand your opinions and how they were formed ...You don't need to be an expert in the field to have a valid or true opinion on any topic. you just need an open mind, and do some research of your own.

Even experts opinions can be wrong, about things in their own fields...At one time the earth was confirmed by experts to be flat...

On 1/17/2024 at 7:27 PM, TreeBeard said:

More whining and snivelling from this fella?  He’s an odd fellow. Didn’t he do an all-meat diet?  He doesn’t show great judgement, so why would I listen to him about our Charter if he can’t even feed himself properly?

No, his diet is mostly meat and some vegetables, which is what a lot of predator mammals eat.  As opposed to white flour and the like.  You've been explained this before but would rather create strawmen to insult the man.

A more balanced diet is more healthy IMO but he also has an autoimmune disorder along with his daughter so he's very sensitive to some foods and can't tolerate them without getting ill.

I remember him explaining his diet, I don't remember him saying everyone should do this.

Edited by Moonlight Graham
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Can i ask what your an expert on michael, lets include moonbox as well, experts on climate change ? or economics in moonboxes case...and yet both of you have put out your opinions here on this forum, as peterson has on larger media platforms...

I'll get to my point, I've learned alot for listening and debating those topics with both of you on this very forum, and i've learned to reform my opinion on many topics through listening and debating with you two guys ....I've learned that from reading your sources or from searching for sources of my own to try and understand your opinions and how they were formed ...You don't need to be an expert in the field to have a valid or true opinion on any topic. you just need an open mind, and do some research of your own.

Even experts opinions can be wrong, about things in their own fields...At one time the earth was confirmed by experts to be flat...

Michael is good at defending mediocre leadership.  He would be a good spin doctor.  

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 5:19 PM, Army Guy said:

You don't need to be an expert in the field to have a valid or true opinion on any topic. you just need an open mind, and do some research of your own.

An uninformed opinion is worth less than used toilet paper, and arguing that it's "valid" is just snowflake entitled bullshit.    

There are lots of topics you can inform yourself on sufficiently to be able to discuss them with some casual research.  At the same time, there are also lots for which you simply cannot.  Having the perspective and humility to know the difference is the most important kind of open-mindedness you could have.

A bored online Karen dOiNg hEr oWn reSeARch at home isn't informing herself when she decides that she knows better than the licensed doctors who spent 10+ years studying medicine when it comes to COVID or the vaccines.  Her opinion is worth about as much as the fat armchair general who never left his mom's basement trying to tell you about infantry combat tactics.  

4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

An uninformed opinion is worth less than used toilet paper, and arguing that it's "valid" is just snowflake entitled bullshit.    

There are lots of topics you can inform yourself on sufficiently to be able to discuss them with some casual research.  At the same time, there are also lots for which you simply cannot.  Having the perspective and humility to know the difference is the most important kind of open-mindedness you could have.

A bored online Karen dOiNg hEr oWn reSeARch at home isn't informing herself when she decides that she knows better than the licensed doctors who spent 10+ years studying medicine when it comes to COVID or the vaccines.  Her opinion is worth about as much as the fat armchair general who never left his mom's basement trying to tell you about infantry combat tactics.  

Now that was a long unnecessary sermon.

However for validation you need to practice what you preach.

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

I'm not arguing that, at all but to say not all his opinions are not valid, he is after a professional and expert in his own field...and most likely informed in others as well.

I think with some casual research one could know enough to call bullshit and if not to research his opinions even further would be my course....but to disregard all his opinions becasue of a few topics or A topic is not not open mindedness which is my point. 

On 1/19/2024 at 1:30 AM, Zeitgeist said:

Sadly, given everything we’ve seen unfold in Canada these past several years, I’m not holding my breath for much to change.

I would submit that the rate of change is actually breathtaking

as Canada rapidly degenerates into a totalitarian abomination

at this juncture, even the judiciary is compromised

on that trajectory, we will reach a total collapse of the economy and complete breakdown of civil order,  inexorably

a nascent violent insurrection against the Crown has already begun in fact

God save the King ; from Neo Marxist & Islamofascist Canadian treason

Bydand

• Like 1
  • Haha 1