New Axis of tyrants is a reality

5 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Oh I see.  Post-Reformation... Why didn't you say so?  🙄

after all...

Even post-Reformation, it's still a dumb and easily disproven claim.  Leopold II, Tsar Nicholas, Franco, Pinochet...Putin...all Christians, all tyrants, and that's hardly a comprehensive list.  

Thanks for your wondrous insights, as usual...

Of course they are tyrants, I was talking about the history of weatern civilization and law. 

You're welcome.

tard

;) 

• Sad 1

I really don't want to make you cry Aristides, but I can't help it. It seems almost anything I say makes you cry. Don't be sad. If you have an issue with facts about history, then out with it.

Else, maybe time to go find your blankie?

;)

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Of course they are tyrants, I was talking about the history of weatern civilization and law. 

For someone supposedly concerned with keeping arguments precise, you're certainly having to do a lot of revisions.   First it's "Every Tyrant has opposed religion", then it's qualified by "post Protestant Reformation", now it's "western civilization and law".  🙄

Even so, I gave you examples of 20th century, Christian dictators in Western Europe...What's your next revision? Were Spain and Belgium not "western" enough?  

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

You're welcome.

tard

For providing us with a chuckle at your expense?  Yes.  Thank you.  👌

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I really don't want to make you cry Aristides, but I can't help it. It seems almost anything I say makes you cry. Don't be sad. If you have an issue with facts about history, then out with it.

Else, maybe time to go find your blankie?

;)

I'm not crying, it's just sad that some people are so insecure they can't disagree without using personal insults.

2 hours ago, Moonbox said:

For someone supposedly concerned with keeping arguments precise, you're certainly having to do a lot of revisions.   First it's "Every Tyrant has opposed religion", then it's qualified by "post Protestant Reformation", now it's "western civilization and law".  🙄

Even so, I gave you examples of 20th century, Christian dictators in Western Europe...What's your next revision? Were Spain and Belgium not "western" enough?  

For providing us with a chuckle at your expense?  Yes.  Thank you.  👌

Hmm...

"Do all phylosophers names start with an "S"?"

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

I'm not crying, it's just sad that some people are so insecure they can't disagree without using personal insults.

I am simply communicating at a level the person can understand, for their enjoyment. Those who post tardish messages signify that's how they like it. Those who want to discuss politely get responses in kind.

Moonbox knows what he likes. This id not about my opinion versus his, it is about facts and history so there is no debate here as far as I'm concerned. He's just beaking off, as per uz.

Besides, who are you to say anything. I've seen you insult and provoke others when it was not even called for.

Physician, heal thyself.

;)

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Hmm...

"Do all phylosophers names start with an "S"?"

No. Some begin with an 'm',

like moonbonehead...

;) 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I am simply communicating at a level the person can understand, for their enjoyment. Those who post tardish messages signify that's how they like it. Those who want to discuss politely get responses in kind.

So what does that say about you, as you fall back on puerile insults as soon as your balogna arguments get debunked?    

34 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

like moonbonehead...

This is how you like it, I guess?  🙄

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

So what does that say about you, as you fall back on puerile insults as soon as your balogna arguments get debunked?    

This is how you like it, I guess?  🙄

It says do not expect much towards someone cannot even spell bologna.

Yet are themselves, an expert in it...

:D

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

Moonbox knows what he likes. This id not about my opinion versus his, it is about facts and history so there is no debate here as far as I'm concerned. He's just beaking off, as per uz.

Besides, who are you to say anything. I've seen you insult and provoke others when it was not even called for.

Physician, heal thyself.

;)

No. Some begin with an 'm',

like moonbonehead...

;) 

When have I insulted you personally? 

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Like I said, I'm not crying. Personal insults say more about you than me so keep them up.

Am simply walking in your footsteps. Unless of course you want to claim you are above that and don't do it as well, because if so, I would say you're a self-deluded liar. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

It says do not expect much towards someone cannot even spell bologna.

Yet are themselves, an expert in it...

:D

So you start with easily debunked nonsense claims, fall back on juvenile insults, and now resort to spelling corrections, of all things.  🤣

11 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Am simply walking in your footsteps. Unless of course you want to claim you are above that and don't do it as well, because if so, I would say you're a self-deluded liar. 

You should try turning your gaze inward.  "Simply walking in your footsteps" is kindergarten babyshit, but par for the course coming from you.  👌

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

So you start with easily debunked nonsense claims, fall back on juvenile insults, and now resort to spelling corrections, of all things.  🤣

You should try turning your gaze inward.  "Simply walking in your footsteps" is kindergarten babyshit, but par for the course coming from you.  👌

Your cantankerous outrage is like... this sweet and salty caramel macchiato I am sipping right now.

Salted with Aristides tears...

ahhh...

;) 

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2024 at 8:01 AM, Michael Hardner said:

The largest accumulation of wealth in history... how do you explain that?

And what have we done with all that wealth...just as one example the Saudi's have accumulated a huge amount of wealth, much more than Canada has, and i'm pretty sure liberalism has nothing to do with it, i would say those in charge have vision, a plan to not only enrich the top but the entire country...all you have to do is look around their country to see the marvels they have constructed. granted their some of their rights do not directly translate into ours, but they have all most no crime, theri cities are safe, no major drug problems, standard of living is much higher...

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 12:07 PM, Army Guy said:

And what have we done with all that wealth...just as one example the Saudi's have accumulated a huge amount of wealth, much more than Canada has, and i'm pretty sure liberalism has nothing to do with it, i would say those in charge have vision, a plan to not only enrich the top but the entire country...all you have to do is look around their country to see the marvels they have constructed. granted their some of their rights do not directly translate into ours, but they have all most no crime, their cities are safe, no major drug problems, standard of living is much higher...

Those things are all true, but they are not necessarily the marks of a society or country that all should emulate.  But they have something, something they’ve achieved that allows their nation to achieve an efficiency and success that many can’t.

It seems to me it could be as simple as unity among its people.  The people mostly agree on what’s right and what’s wrong.  What’s allowable and what should be shunned.  How one should attempt to live their life.  
Here in the West, we have become the very opposite of that.  It’s praised as diversity, but the end result is people screaming at each other instead of listening to another view, something coming from a fellow human.  Respect, where did it go?

Take this thread for instance, or just about any thread on this forum.  Hate, attack, belittle, name call.  Where does this come from?  Why are we so hateful to each other?  It’s hatred at the grassroots level, and it stunts the growth of a people.

This hatred and disunity that has been going on for at least 20 years has made us stagnate.  The West has been treading water while our enemies have been making gain after gain after gain.  And as much as the readers of this forum may disagree with everything and name call, something is seriously wrong with our culture that is promoting this screaming at each other.

China.  Iran.  Russia.  A new Axis of Tyrants does exist, and we let it happen.  

11 hours ago, sharkman said:

Those things are all true, but they are not necessarily the marks of a society or country that all should emulate.  But they have something, something they’ve achieved that allows their nation to achieve an efficiency and success that many can’t.

It seems to me it could be as simple as unity among its people.  The people mostly agree on what’s right and what’s wrong.  What’s allowable and what should be shunned.  How one should attempt to live their life.  
Here in the West, we have become the very opposite of that.  It’s praised as diversity, but the end result is people screaming at each other instead of listening to another view, something coming from a fellow human.  Respect, where did it go?

Take this thread for instance, or just about any thread on this forum.  Hate, attack, belittle, name call.  Where does this come from?  Why are we so hateful to each other?  It’s hatred at the grassroots level, and it stunts the growth of a people.

This hatred and disunity that has been going on for at least 20 years has made us stagnate.  The West has been treading water while our enemies have been making gain after gain after gain.  And as much as the readers of this forum may disagree with everything and name call, something is seriously wrong with our culture that is promoting this screaming at each other.

China.  Iran.  Russia.  A new Axis of Tyrants does exist, and we let it happen.  

No they are not the only things that make for a good society or country....but there are many countries that have more to offer than Canada has or ever will have. We boast about being a G-7 country, we don't even make the grade or standards required to be a G-7 nation...

We are not united in this country, we are made up of many different groups each refuse to discuss anything, and it is only getting worse in the last 8 years...Thats all poor leadership, form the government. We pretend we get along , we pretend to know what is right and wrong...and all of the rest of it...but as long as it does not effect you personally then they don't care about it...we are a nation that main concern is ourselves...not what we can do for our nation, but rather what can my nation do for "me"...

Where did all this hatred come from,  it comes from us the people, who the government feeds off, you don't care we should they care... 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Army Guy said:

No they are not the only things that make for a good society or country....but there are many countries that have more to offer than Canada has or ever will have. We boast about being a G-7 country, we don't even make the grade or standards required to be a G-7 nation...

We are not united in this country, we are made up of many different groups each refuse to discuss anything, and it is only getting worse in the last 8 years...Thats all poor leadership, form the government. We pretend we get along , we pretend to know what is right and wrong...and all of the rest of it...but as long as it does not effect you personally then they don't care about it...we are a nation that main concern is ourselves...not what we can do for our nation, but rather what can my nation do for "me"...

Where did all this hatred come from,  it comes from us the people, who the government feeds off, you don't care we should they care... 

I’m going to suggest something that may be considered radical here in the West.  One thing that countries with unity all seem to have is that the vast majority have similar views.  And where do they get these views from?  Their controlled media.

The State has a firm grip on what is truth, and what is permitted to be disseminated to the population.  As dangerous as that can be, it creates a people that tend to get along.  Support their leadership.  Are free to build and expand, for example, without EPA, lawsuits and protestors chaining themselves to equipment or blowing up trains.

Say what you will about Saudi Arabia or others like them, they have  fewer mass shootings, don’t they?

Edited by sharkman
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 3:07 PM, Army Guy said:

And what have we done with all that wealth...just as one example the Saudi's have accumulated a huge amount of wealth, much more than Canada has, and i'm pretty sure liberalism has nothing to do with it, i would say those in charge have vision, a plan to not only enrich the top but the entire country...all you have to do is look around their country to see the marvels they have constructed.

That's the system you admire?  A theocratic Islamic monarchy where all of the wealth is concentrated in the hands of the princes?  🙄

On 2/19/2024 at 11:35 AM, sharkman said:

I’m going to suggest something that may be considered radical here in the West.

Hardly radical. Its completely normal for right-wing conservatives to pine away for the opportunities right wing dictatorships enjoy.

Your basic admiration is no different than Trudeau's is for China's dictatorship.

The successful reform of Germany and Japan after WWII gave Americans a highly inaccurate perspective on the effectiveness of regime change. These were two highly advanced and centralized ethnostates keen to avoid Soviet invasion and the ruin it would bring. After Korea, things really went sideways. 

When I think of state decay the first place that comes to mind is Russia. With his corruption, incompetence and wars, Putin has blighted the prospects of several generations in his country and abroad. Unfortunately, however, authoritarianism may be the default state of government. Democracy is rare in human history and usually does not  last long. 

8 hours ago, Moonbox said:

That's the system you admire?  A theocratic Islamic monarchy where all of the wealth is concentrated in the hands of the princes?  🙄

Yes, i do admire large parts of their monarchy, Per capita there population by far has a much better quality of life than the average Canadian, almost zero crime, major investments into infra structure, their economy, their people , world class cities that are continuing to improve as new tech becomes available...Ya what is not worth admiring they have done a lot for their people, their country, their position globally...what does Canada have that they don't.