It's Official: Canada has widest gap between words and climate action, UN finds

CdnFox

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2023/11/21/news/canada-has-widest-gap-between-words-and-action-un-finds

The findings are stark. More than any other, Canada was found to have a 27 per cent gulf between the various policies in place and international commitments. The next widest gap is the United States at 19 per cent, followed by South Korea at 18 per cent. The findings underscore the distance Canadian policymakers must go to bridge pledges under the Paris Agreement (a 40 to 45 per cent cut from 2005 greenhouse gas emissions levels by 2030, and net-zero emissions by 2050) with forthcoming policies like a cap on oil and gas sector emissions.

Well - all those who voted liberal for "Climate change"...  well done.

• Like 1

Climate change is just the start of the list for failures... So many failures that i think Liberal voters should be given a time out from voting for say 20 years until the conservatives clean up their mess... same for NDP voters 20 years...green party banned for life... PPC same...

8 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Climate change is just the start of the list for failures... So many failures that i think Liberal voters should be given a time out from voting for say 20 years until the conservatives clean up their mess... same for NDP voters 20 years...green party banned for life... PPC same...

yeah - it's pretty bad.  Virtually all the things they INSISTED that they HAD TO VOTE LIBERAL -  were practically FORCED to  because of - all never happened or happened badly.

11 hours ago, CdnFox said:

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2023/11/21/news/canada-has-widest-gap-between-words-and-action-un-finds

The findings are stark. More than any other, Canada was found to have a 27 per cent gulf between the various policies in place and international commitments. The next widest gap is the United States at 19 per cent, followed by South Korea at 18 per cent. The findings underscore the distance Canadian policymakers must go to bridge pledges under the Paris Agreement (a 40 to 45 per cent cut from 2005 greenhouse gas emissions levels by 2030, and net-zero emissions by 2050) with forthcoming policies like a cap on oil and gas sector emissions.

And you believe this bunk?  What a simpleton...

12 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Trudeau and the Liberals failed miserably on so many points.

So as an environmentalist, who will you be voting for?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

An existential question for yourself, I would imagine.

For those who don't believe they're actually leftist

but still are

;) 

"they" = "the liberal party"

I never thought "they" were leftist.  Do you ?  If you believe the Liberal lies and repost them... doesn't that make you a Liberal ?  Or just a gullible Conservative ?

This is a farce.  Man cannot control the climate and never will.  

Trying to control the climate is similar to what the people did several thousand years ago when they tried to build a tower to heaven.

"

1  And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. 2  And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.  3  And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.   4  And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. 

5  And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 6  And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 7  Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. 8  So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. 9  Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth."  Genesis 11:1-9 KJV

So the people thought they could be God or gods and build a tower to heaven.  How foolish is that?

I see a similarity to the globalist U.N. who invented the claim of man-made climate change and spread the idea that man can take certain actions and control the climate change.  Of course these actions fit in with the U.N.'s agenda of increasing global control of mankind and wealth re-distribution.  Poorer countries are demanding the advanced countries start paying them for the effects of climate change even though there is no proof that man is the cause or even contributing to climate change.  The whole thing is nothing but a clever scam that millions have fallen for.  

Notice it says in Genesis " 6  And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do."    Gen. 11:6 KJV
Notice it says NOTHING will be restrained from them.  Isn't that the same today?  Man has a huge ego and is controlled by pride.  Man has completely deceived himself into thinking he is a kind of god and can do anything, even change the climate or control it.  It is ludicrous and one of the biggest lies in existence.  It wouldn't be such a big issue if it weren't for the fact that this madness affects all of us in various ways such as extreme government control and regulations against various industries, carbon taxes pushing up the cost of everything.  Now at a time when we are facing a housing crisis and extreme costs for food and the high cost of home heating for many people.  The war on climate change and the phony claim that we must fight "pollution" is costing everyone a huge amount and for what?  It will do nothing and will not make one iota of difference to climate change.  97% of CO2 in the atmosphere is natural and man contributes only 3%.  Out of that, Canada's contribution is miniscule.  Yet the Premier of BC, David Eby says if the rest of Canada stops collecting carbon taxes on home heating, B.C. will continue to collect it.  This sounds like madness.  It is tragic.

Edited by blackbird
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, sharkman said:

And you believe this bunk?  What a simpleton...

Oh look - a leftie crybaby denying the science :)

Well if you disagree then show your own numbers or other research to refute it. The liberals have been missing their targets for many decades in canada, as chretien said "you go to the conferences and you promise but you never DO anything". 

9 hours ago, marcus said:

Trudeau and the Liberals failed miserably on so many points.

So as an environmentalist, who will you be voting for?

Well i thin 'environment' is going to be off the table next election, and of course we haven't seen anything from either the CPC or ndp - not much point anyway with the ndp and the CPC won't put out a platform until just before the election.

But - so far PP's 10,000 ft view on it has been to push technology.  And I  DO like that as a primary thrust.

the fact is canada simply isn't big enough to have an impact on global warming  by itself.  China increases it's output by all of canada's every year and a half or so right now, so even if we completely stopped using carbon entirely it would make no difference.

But - if we could invent new tech that made it cheaper and easier and practical for people all over the word to use less carbon emissions, then we COULD have a major impact in bringing the carbon levels under control.  If Canada developed the next great energy storage breakthrough so that solar power could be stored effectively or that solved the problems with EV's, that would really actually make a difference. If we can build SMRs and really make that tech sing and showcase how safe it is, etc etc.   Then we might actually fight emissions.

Of course with any plan the devil's in the details and we wont' get any for just under two years.

We'll see.  Like i said - probably not the biggest issue next election. I think the public's kind of "we did that already" and now they're more like  "I'll worry about the environment when i can afford heat".

On 11/21/2023 at 10:32 AM, CdnFox said:

As much as I'd love to take this opportunity to jump on Trudeau for being a hypocrite, I think that this is just because we have aggressive goals.

China and India are still manufacturing hundreds of coal plants every year and we already ditched all of ours. I don't think we're "the worst" by far lol. 

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

As much as I'd love to take this opportunity to jump on Trudeau for being a hypocrite, I think that this is just because we have aggressive goals.

China and India are still manufacturing hundreds of coal plants every year and we already ditched all of ours. I don't think we're "the worst" by far lol. 

Well trudeau set the goals so i'm not inclined to let him off the hook

• Like 1