Go pick up a Bible said new House Speaker Mike Johnson

17 hours ago, blackbird said:

The timeline for the beginning of man, i.e. Adam and Eve, appears to be estimated to be about 4,000 B.C. or 6,000 years ago.  

The Fall of man is estimated in the Thompson Chain Reference (KIng James) Bible to have happened about 4004 B.C.   This is according to the a highly respected theologian, Ussher.  It says it is only a working number, not to be taken as absolutely correct.

Since Genesis says God created the universe in six days and that man was created during this six days.  Therefore, it is correct to say the earth and universe was created about 6,000 years ago.  

The way I see it is, when God created everything in six days, that means the earth was created with a certain age at the moment it was created.  The trees, birds, animals, etc. were created full grown at that moment.  This was a supernatural event.  Nothing unreasonable or irrational about believing that.

So the earth would possibly be 6,000 years old.

Um...off by at least 74,000 years and that's just the record if humanity that has been found so far. Read the Leakey j foundations series on the Origin of Humans, which places them through DNA from the Boomplaas Cave in South Africa.  There is also this: God's idea of a year could easily be much.longer than mans.

12 hours ago, blackbird said:

What does “Many are called but few are chosen” in Matthew 22:14 mean?

This statement is the conclusion to the Parable of the Wedding Feast. Jesus spoke this parable to show what the kingdom of heaven will be like when the end of the age comes. In the parable, the king sends his servants out to gather the wedding guests to the wedding feast. But those invited refused to come, some because they were too busy with their own worldly pursuits and some because they were positively hostile toward the king. So the king commands his servants to go out and invite anyone they find, and many come and fill the wedding hall. But the king sees one man without wedding clothes, and he sends him away. Jesus concludes by saying that many are called/invited to the kingdom, but only those who have been “chosen” and have received Christ will come. Those who try to come without the covering of the blood of Christ for their sins are inadequately clothed and will be sent into “outer darkness,” (v. 13) i.e., hell. 

Many people hear the call of God coming through His revelation of Himself through creation, the conscience, and the preaching of the Word. But only the “few” will respond because they are the ones who are truly hearing. Jesus said many times, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear” (Matthew 11:15; Mark 4:9; Luke 8:8, 14:35). The point is that everyone has ears, but only a few are listening and responding. Not everyone who hears the gospel receives it but only the “few” who have ears to hear. The “many” hear, but there is no interest or there is outright antagonism toward God. Many are called or invited into the kingdom, but none are able to come on their own. God must draw the hearts of those who come; otherwise they will not (John 6:44).   unquote

What does “Many are called but few are chosen” in Matthew 22:14 mean? | GotQuestions.org

Hallelujah

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, blackbird said:

"

Many other founders of modern science also saw their scientific research as bringing glory to God. Newton said:

“This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent Being. … This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all; and on account of his dominion he is wont to be called ‘Lord God’ Παντοκράτωρ [Pantokratōr cf. 2 Corinthians 6:18] or ‘Universal Ruler’. … The Supreme God is a Being eternal, infinite, absolutely perfect … ”.3

“Opposite to godliness is atheism in profession and idolatry in practice. Atheism is so senseless and odious to mankind that it never had many professors”.4 "

Science biblical presuppositions (creation.com)

Idolatry can be anything in life you put in place of God.

"The Sin of Idolatry

Idolatry is the worship of anything other than God, whether it is a physical object, a person, a pleasure, or a concept. " 

The irony is atheists claim they don't believe in God, but they have created another god or gods in their own mind.  They mistakenly think if they don't call these other things a god or gods, they are not practicing idolatry.

Another possibility is time and space moves faster the closer you get to God. 

Or the point of Genesis isn't actually the 7 days, but rather the symbolism of 7 being perfection, and the explanation of the nation's surrounding Israel i.e the promised land and how they came to be so messed up. 

Its also a message to a nation coming out of slavery that rest was important as the 7th day sabbath is important in scripture throughout

Edited by West

17 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I don't think the time it takes the earth to orbit the sun or the rate of earth's rotation has changed much in the last 6000 years.

If the earth/universe started from a spontaneous combustion of gasses out there, why's that relevant? 

Maybe time moves quicker the closer you get to the point of the initial explosion?

Edited by West

19 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I'm really glad you think so, for reasons that you don't understand. 

You have no idea what I don't understand, Mr. MAGA CULT man.

For one thing, I understand that you always stop thinking after you've glommed on to a superficial "fact" which seems to support your bias.

And you imagine that statistics are a good substitute for the deep knowledge of EXPERTS.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

You can't even define woke other than exist as an antonym for it.

So other than how electing Ned Flanders as the Third-In-Line as he's the least objectionable among the GOP sycophants, since the thread's been hijacked anyway; tell us where was God before the Big Bang?

No one can tell you where god is now, so you're just making a difficult question impossible. 

The simplistic and entirely speculative answer is god was the entire universe.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

You can't even define woke other than exist as an antonym for it.

So other than how electing Ned Flanders as the Third-In-Line as he's the least objectionable among the GOP sycophants, since the thread's been hijacked anyway; tell us where was God before the Big Bang?

Marriam-Webster defines woke as:

politically liberal or progressive (as in matters of racial and social justice) especially in a way that is considered unreasonable or extreme

Why don't you tell us how the gas was formed that caused this life-breathing explosion?

Edited by West

7 hours ago, West said:

Marriam-Webster defines woke as:

politically liberal or progressive (as in matters of racial and social justice) especially in a way that is considered unreasonable or extreme

Why don't you tell us how the gas was formed that caused this life-breathing explosion?

The big bang was NOT a gas explosion nor did did it create any life. Duh

The only thing that emerged from the big bang was IONS because it was extremely hot for the first 3 minutes.

Do you even know what ions are? LMAO

3 minutes after the Big Bang - Protons and neutrons began to come together to form the nuclei of simple elements. The temperature of the universe was still incredibly high at about 10^9 Kelvin. 24,000 years after the Big Bang - For the first time there was more matter than energy in the universe.

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Even more brain dead than I imagined....

You're absolutely right.

7 hours ago, robosmith said:

The big bang was NOT a gas explosion nor did did it create any life. Duh

The only thing that emerged from the big bang was IONS because it was extremely hot for the first 3 minutes.

Do you even know what ions are? LMAO

You're absolutely right.

"The laws of physics as we know them did not apply during the early seconds of the universe"

From your article dummy. Basically makes MY POINT FOR ME. DUH!!!!!

On 10/28/2023 at 9:52 AM, robosmith said:

Sure. Cause there's nothing like a man having complete faith in a book of ancient myths to demonstrate he is a cretin who believes we've learned nothing in the 2000 years since it was written.

One thing MANY have learned is that myths have power that is unjustified by FACTS and that the FACTS of our existence has CHANGED PROFOUNDLY in 2000 years.

Back then survival was dependent on the size of one's tribe, among other profound differences.

Democrats haven't learned a f*cking thing. In fact, in many ways, the party has regressed into some kind of woke cesspool. 

Follow God, or follow the Swamp Lords - it's pretty much those two choices. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2023 at 1:54 PM, robosmith said:

So you believe in MAGIC. That makes you uncredible because you believe things for which there is NO EVIDENCE.

You vote for DemoNazis, so you DEFINITELY believe in magic. You goose steppers have been thinking for the past sixty years that you could TAX a nation into prosperity. And you've been creating a tax bill for a bunch of taxpayers who have not been born yet in the process, yet your economies are the worst in history.

Kill any Jews lately, Adolf?

• Like 1

Must you go out of your way to prove to everyone how stunned you are?

Plasma is not 'hot' eh? That why you cut steel with it?

1 hour ago, reason10 said:

Kill any Jews lately, Adolf?

The !diot opens his mouth with more intelligent discussion.

As I said GOP congealing behind a fully indocrinated Bible thumper who is fully behind a conman with 90+ charges as the least objectionable candidate shows the total collapse of sanity among them.
Far too many US voters are more concerned with what Church their politicians go to and who they sleep with than their policies and qualifications to hold office.

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2023 at 7:27 AM, West said:

"The laws of physics as we know them did not apply during the early seconds of the universe"

From your article dummy. Basically makes MY POINT FOR ME. DUH!!!!!

There was NO GAS and NO GAS EXPLOSION. It was a plasma cloud which is a different state of matter. Duh

Thanks for revealing you don't know what IONS are. LMAO

23 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

From my experience, religion or knowledge of the Bible, is not necessary for someone to be moral, ethical, hard working, etc. If they are.. fine. If they are not.. fine again. 

As long as you don't fuel the woke agenda or break the law, I don't see any issue with that opinion.