What if Israeli leaders and intel knew about the attack in advance and let it succeed in order to quash Netanyahu's legal problems, ensure his plan to destroy the supreme court and gain an excuse to wipe out Hamas?.

3 minutes ago, myata said:

If it was known in advance, it would have leaked out on the first day, given the scale of the atrocities. The only other possibility is that Israel has become a seriously authoritarian state. Not quite likely, in my personal opinion.

Because you believe that Israeli intelligence would almost certainly disclose highly classified signals intelligence?

Supposedly Gaza is extensively wired with spy sensors. Though maybe Hamas has figured out where ALL of them are....

Don't forget that Israel is the home of the most sophisticated cell phone spying software available.

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Because you believe that Israeli intelligence would almost certainly disclose highly classified signals intelligence?

There has been any number of leaks in the U.S. and Europe with far less at stake. In a democratic country would be incredibly difficult to keep this kind of information under the lid.

22 minutes ago, myata said:

"Egypt has warned Israel three days prior" in the news now.

House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee head Michael McCaul told reporters of the alleged warning.

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu described the reports as "absolutely false".

Israeli intelligence services are under scrutiny for their failure to prevent the deadliest attack by Palestinian militants in Israel's 75-year history.

"We know that Egypt has warned the Israelis three days prior that an event like this could happen," Mr McCaul told reporters following a closed-door intelligence briefing on Wednesday for lawmakers about the Middle East crisis, according to AFP news agency.

"I don't want to get too much into classified, but a warning was given," the Texas Republican added. "I think the question was at what level."

1 hour ago, myata said:

"Egypt has warned Israel three days prior" in the news now.

Right. Did they do that publicly, or is this just Egypt trying to pretend that the Israelis let this happen for an excuse to grind Hamas to powder?

(I'm pretty sure that the Israelis let this happen for an excuse to grind Hamas to powder, because they knew that it would eventually come to this and they wanted to do it while they still had a wide advantage, but that has nothing to do with anything the Egyptians said. Don't tell anyone, and especially don't put it on the internet)

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Right. Did they do that publicly, or is this just Egypt trying to pretend that the Israelis let this happen for an excuse to grind Hamas to powder?

(I'm pretty sure that the Israelis let this happen for an excuse to grind Hamas to powder, because they knew that it would eventually come to this and they wanted to do it while they still had a wide advantage, but that has nothing to do with anything the Egyptians said. Don't tell anyone, and especially don't put it on the internet)

Obviously US now has intelligence that Egypt warned the Israeli government.

Are you accusing Republican Rep McCaul of LYING?

I say it's much more likely that Netanyahu is lying because he has much more to lose from it becoming public knowledge.

14 hours ago, robosmith said:

We shall see. “Warning” can mean a lot of things. You know that about intelligence; it’s not always black and white.

As I said, I don’t think this can be covered up internally in Israel. 

9 hours ago, robosmith said:

Obviously US now has intelligence that Egypt warned the Israeli government.

Are you accusing Republican Rep McCaul of LYING?

I say it's much more likely that Netanyahu is lying because he has much more to lose from it becoming public knowledge.

Good lord you're stupid.

A warning that "Something is up"  is useless.  Something is ALWAYS up.  They are ALWAYS doing something, whether its' fire balloon protests or rockets or whatever.  That does not mean they knew that there was a major terrorist attack planned.

Shlomo Ben: How Netanyahu’s political calculations resulted in catastrophe

Sooner or later, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s destructive political magic, which has kept him in power for 15 years, was bound to usher in a major tragedy. A year ago, he formed the most radical and incompetent government in Israel’s history. Don’t worry, he assured his critics, I have two hands firmly on the steering wheel.

But by ruling out any political process in Palestine and boldly asserting, in his government’s guidelines, that the Jewish people have an exclusive and inalienable right to all parts of the Land of Israel, Netanyahu’s fanatical government made bloodshed inevitable.

Admittedly, blood flowed in Palestine even when peace-seekers such as Yitzhak Rabin and Ehud Barak were in office. But Netanyahu recklessly invited violence by paying his coalition partners any price for their support. He let them grab Palestinian lands, expand illegal settlements, scorn Muslim sensibilities regarding the sacred mosque on the Temple Mount and promote suicidal delusions about the reconstruction of the biblical Temple in Jerusalem. Meanwhile, he also sidelined the more moderate Palestinian leadership of Mahmoud Abbas in the West Bank, effectively beefing up the radical Hamas in Gaza.

According to Netanyahu’s twisted logic, strong Islamist rule in Gaza would be the ultimate argument against a political solution in Palestine. By rewarding the extremists and castigating the moderates, Netanyahu believed that he, unlike the soft leftists, had finally found the solution to the conflict. The Abraham Accords, which normalized Israel’s relations with four Arab states (and will probably soon include Saudi Arabia), blinded him to the Palestinian volcano beneath his feet. 

9.png

And paying homage to the West Bank expansion ambitions of the Israeli Settlers, left the South wide open to the Hamas invasion.

Edited by robosmith

• 1 month later...

A blueprint reviewed by The Times laid out the attack in detail. Israeli officials dismissed it as aspirational and ignored specific warnings.

Israeli officials obtained Hamas’s battle plan for the Oct. 7 terrorist attack more than a year before it happened, documents, emails and interviews show. But Israeli military and intelligence officials dismissed the plan as aspirational, considering it too difficult for Hamas to carry out.

The approximately 40-page document, which the Israeli authorities code-named “Jericho Wall,” outlined, point by point, exactly the kind of devastating invasion that led to the deaths of about 1,200 people.

The translated document, which was reviewed by The New York Times, did not set a date for the attack, but described a methodical assault designed to overwhelm the fortifications around the Gaza Strip, take over Israeli cities and storm key military bases, including a division headquarters.

Hamas followed the blueprint with shocking precision. The document called for a barrage of rockets at the outset of the attack, drones to knock out the security cameras and automated machine guns along the border, and gunmen to pour into Israel en masse in paragliders, on motorcycles and on foot — all of which happened on Oct. 7.

Hmmm....Looks like my hypothesis was correct.

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Was your hypothosis " robosmith is a lying twit who can't even finish a thought on the internet so that others know what he's talking about'?

If so then sure.

I don't recall you asking for ANYTHING to clarify YOUR CONFUSION.

Just remember, my hypothesis has been proven ACCURATE. The Israeli government KNEW in ADVANCE what was planned. Duh

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

I don't recall you asking for ANYTHING to clarify YOUR CONFUSION.

i doubt you remember anything beyond 30 seconds ago.  And if your statements cannot be understood without questioning then perhaps we need to work on your english?

Just remember, my hypothesis has been proven ACCURATE. The Israeli government KNEW in ADVANCE what was planned. Duh

Just remember a) that was never your hypothosis and b) no that hasn't been proven in the slightest. In fact the article proves the opposite - that while they'd seen the plan they didn't believe it was a real plan. They didn't believe it was a real plan.

That's what your article says.

Further - it says there's no evidence it was ever shown to the gov't. the military saw the plan, no dates, and believed it wasn't an actual intended plan, and that was it.

So if your belief was that the gov't knew the details of the plan looks like you're wrong. But - no surprise there

On 10/19/2023 at 2:20 PM, robosmith said:

Shlomo Ben: How Netanyahu’s political calculations resulted in catastrophe

9.png

And paying homage to the West Bank expansion ambitions of the Israeli Settlers, left the South wide open to the Hamas invasion.

That's why you have to completely burn out the nest.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...

"Israel knew Hamas hated them!"

WHO are you quoting? Yourself, I'll wager. LMAO

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Such stupidity is so hard to achieve and even harder to maintain...but so many try.

And you continue trying, by refusing to read the cited article in NYT.

ISRAEL KNEW HAMAS' PLAN and IGNORED IT. Duh

25 minutes ago, robosmith said:

^Ridiculous and IGNORANT.

Ok - you're not just hilarious but rediulo Progressives have proven they can make peace -  conservatives clearly suck at it. They're just not interested.us and ignorant if you insist :)    I don't think you thought about that post

Dude - your own article betrays you.  The military did not "know" that there was going to be an attack at all, and they didn't even share the plans they captured with the gov't. so your claim that they all knew about the attack but decided to let it happen anyway so that Netters could avoid some scandals is completely disproven.

Sucks to be you :) 

9 hours ago, robosmith said:

^Ridiculous and IGNORANT.

6 hours ago, robosmith said:

Yes, it is sad that you're unable to address the FACTS detailed in the NYT article which confirm my hypothesis.

You literally just quoted yourself and then insulted yourself!  ROFLMAO!!!!!

You quoted yourself and then called yourself sad and unable to address the facts :)   HAHAAHAHAAHAHA

I mean, you're not wrong :)

image.thumb.png.e0a0dd0752a8724f7af2b6fadd189353.png

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

You literally just quoted yourself and then insulted yourself!  ROFLMAO!!!!!

You quoted yourself and then called yourself sad and unable to address the facts :)   HAHAAHAHAAHAHA

I mean, you're not wrong :)

image.thumb.png.e0a0dd0752a8724f7af2b6fadd189353.png

I addressed the REACTION to my post, posted by Nationalist, lDIOT. Sorry that CONFUSED YOU AGAIN.