Here we go again. Covid #2.

taxme

On 10/4/2023 at 11:07 AM, CdnFox said:

A man here had to watch his wife die because she coudl't survive the 4 hour trip to the closest emergency room after the gov't cut their local one to save money.  Happened a few times.

Yeah - our system is much better.

In my city they've cut a total of 600 beds since we moved here. That was 22 years ago. We sure could'a used those.

Population's gone up of course.

Meanwhile there's a sever shortage of family doctors here. The waiting list to get one was two years, now it's even more. As you know in Canada's failed health care system the only way to get into the system for treatment is a GP, or go to the ER room.

There were three walk-in clinics here before, now there is one.

That's why the ER is totally overloaded most of the time. When I was there recently they told us minimum 8 hour wait to be seen. Minimum... do you people get that?

Sit there for 8 hours with a broken rib.

This was at 8 pm at night. That means we wouldn't be seen until 4 AM, minimum. Then you go into the ER and sit there on a stretcher for an hour until a doctor even looks at you.

That is our experience and it is a consistent one. If you don't use the health care system you wont know. They don't broadcast these things.

19 hours ago, taxme said:

Nope, not at all. What proof do you have that the MMR vaccine really works? There have been many other experts and scientists, that have not been bought off by big pharma, that have said that the covid vaccines do not work. 

The fact that these diseases have largely been eradicated in places of high vaccination. Small Pox for example.

What's your evidence they DON'T work?  

8 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

In my city they've cut a total of 600 beds since we moved here. That was 22 years ago. We sure could'a used those.

Population's gone up of course.

Meanwhile there's a sever shortage of family doctors here. The waiting list to get one was two years, now it's even more. As you know in Canada's failed health care system the only way to get into the system for treatment is a GP, or go to the ER room.

There were three walk-in clinics here before, now there is one.

That's why the ER is totally overloaded most of the time. When I was there recently they told us minimum 8 hour wait to be seen. Minimum... do you people get that?

Sit there for 8 hours with a broken rib.

This was at 8 pm at night. That means we wouldn't be seen until 4 AM, minimum. Then you go into the ER and sit there on a stretcher for an hour until a doctor even looks at you.

That is our experience and it is a consistent one. If you don't use the health care system you wont know. They don't broadcast these things.

Living in a Rural area comes at a cost. I don't see these issues in the Big city Burbs. Urgent Care is a helluva service to avoid ER visits. 

The PCs have been in charge for the last 5 years. They've implemented laws that allow for more private delivery. What else are you looking for? 

Are you simply looking for a second tier so you can get healthcare if you can afford it, or a healthy tax hike so that rural areas get comparable Healthcare to people in the city. 

Earlier this year that I had a Vasectomy. The doctor had a line-up of men getting the procedure that day. I was the only dude that actually lived in the region. The rest had to travel for it. Probably because they didn't have Urologists in their town. Not sure what you want to do about it other than making Rural people pay for their procedures if they don't want to travel or wait. 

19 hours ago, taxme said:

Here in BC, it is not mandatory to get another jab of a covid vaccine for now,, but how long will that be? From what I saw on CTV the other day was that most Canadians have become rather tired of it all, especially with vaccines. 

But I am pretty sure that living in Marxist BC, the NDP will try something down the road this winter. It is in their NDP communist nature to rule over rather than be ruled over. ?

What do you think would require vaccine mandates to be re-introduced? Just for the fun of it? 

More money spent on implementing a passport system and forcing service workers to check people's passport to go to a restaurant? 

It was not a pleasant time for anyone. But we were in uncharted territory with a disease. It was either the mandates or these services stayed closed, or quarantine periods would have been kept up. So getting the Vax was a no-brainer to most well adjusted people. 

35 minutes ago, Boges said:

Living in a Rural area comes at a cost. I don't see these issues in the Big city Burbs. Urgent Care is a helluva service to avoid ER visits. 

The PCs have been in charge for the last 5 years. They've implemented laws that allow for more private delivery. What else are you looking for? 

Are you simply looking for a second tier so you can get healthcare if you can afford it, or a healthy tax hike so that rural areas get comparable Healthcare to people in the city. 

Earlier this year that I had a Vasectomy. The doctor had a line-up of men getting the procedure that day. I was the only dude that actually lived in the region. The rest had to travel for it. Probably because they didn't have Urologists in their town. Not sure what you want to do about it other than making Rural people pay for their procedures if they don't want to travel or wait. 

Canada is mostly rural areas, and most Canadians live in them. If you add up the population of a few big cities in each province, it's slightly less than half the total population.

Besides, the points you raised are hard ti justify given the hospital WAS able to operate with the additional 600 beds back 22 years ago, when the population was smaller. 

So don't you come in here touting your big-cities are great bullshit, boy.   ;) 

39 minutes ago, Boges said:

What do you think would require vaccine mandates to be re-introduced? Just for the fun of it? 

The use of emergency exemption and forcing the public to accept that unknown is the key concern to me.

But also the social impact of the shutdown, which we were totally unprepared for and still are now.

I understand we may need to buy time in an emergency, what I want to see though is moving towards the approved and vetted safety protocols as soon as possible, and come up with the resources to keep the country alive. Emergency money to pay for those resourced, not perpetual mandates to stay home.

Edited by OftenWrong

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Canada is mostly rural areas, and most Canadians live in them. If you add up the population of a few big cities in each province, it's slightly less than half the total population.

This is a lie. Canadian Urban population is about 80%

https://www.statista.com/statistics/271208/urbanization-in-canada/#:~:text=Canada's urban population now accounts,percent of it's total population.

Besides, the points you raised are hard ti justify given the hospital WAS able to operate with the additional 600 beds back 22 years ago, when the population was smaller. 

Perhaps the Tax base has eroded. Or doctors just don't want to live in your town. 

So don't you come in here touting your big-cities are great bullshit, boy.   ;) 

I'm just telling you that access to Healthcare isn't as big an issue if you live in a place with the proper infrastructure. 

2 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The use of emergency exemption and forcing the public to accept that unknown is the key concern to me.

But also the social impact of the shutdown, which we were totally unprepared for and still are now.

I understand we may need to buy time in an emergency, what I want to see though is moving towards the approved and vetted safety protocols as soon as possible, and come up with the resources to keep the country alive. Emergency money to pay for those resourced, not perpetual mandates to stay home.

The thing about the Pandemic is that the Provinces were completely transparent about how many people were getting sick. You could check the available beds every day.

I remember we'd get reports daily on how many people were testing positive, dying and being admitted to the Hospital. 

So you really have to have your head in the sand, or completely believe in Deep State corruption to believe that they'd just do it again without being completely transparent of the cause. 

3 hours ago, Boges said:

I'm just telling you that access to Healthcare isn't as big an issue if you live in a place with the proper infrastructure. 

My town was among the first built in Canada, and the hospital goes back to 1835.

Please develop the proper infrastructure. 

;)

3 hours ago, Boges said:

The thing about the Pandemic is that the Provinces were completely transparent about how many people were getting sick. You could check the available beds every day.

I remember we'd get reports daily on how many people were testing positive, dying and being admitted to the Hospital. 

So you really have to have your head in the sand, or completely believe in Deep State corruption to believe that they'd just do it again without being completely transparent of the cause. 

This is not the issue. Let them do what needs to be done in an emergency, and make changes to the system as needed to meet these new demands. 

Covid 19, 2019. It's 2023 now. Four years and no better ideas. The hospitals are full 90-100% on any given day, and not even due to Covid. That is the issue.

9 hours ago, Boges said:

The fact that these diseases have largely been eradicated in places of high vaccination. Small Pox for example.

What's your evidence they DON'T work?  

I am saying that the covid vaccine has not been shown to stop the spread of covid. The others I will not concern myself with. This topic was all about the covid vaccine. 

9 hours ago, Boges said:

More money spent on implementing a passport system and forcing service workers to check people's passport to go to a restaurant? 

It was not a pleasant time for anyone. But we were in uncharted territory with a disease. It was either the mandates or these services stayed closed, or quarantine periods would have been kept up. So getting the Vax was a no-brainer to most well adjusted people. 

If Bonnie(the commie)Henry has her way, it would not take very much for her to try and come up with an excuse to once again try and introduce vaccine mandates to be able to eat in a restaurant or go to a movie. Bonnie is power crazy and enjoys ruling over we the sheeple. The leftist liberal media in BC is already hyping up the covid statistics. Just the excuse that good old comrade Bonnie needs to hear to try and make our lives again miserable. 

It was the non-adjusted people like yourself that believed the whole lie and hoax about covid, It was never about any virus. It was always about pushing a vaccine that was in an experimental stage. Big pharma made billions of $ while the sheeple got sick or died from the covid vaccine. Believe it or not.  

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, taxme said:

If Bonnie(the commie)Henry has her way, it would not take very much for her to try and come up with an excuse to once again try and introduce vaccine mandates to be able to eat in a restaurant or go to a movie. Bonnie is power crazy and enjoys ruling over we the sheeple. The leftist liberal media in BC is already hyping up the covid statistics. Just the excuse that good old comrade Bonnie needs to hear to try and make our lives again miserable. 

It was the non-adjusted people like yourself that believed the whole lie and hoax about covid, It was never about any virus. It was always about pushing a vaccine that was in an experimental stage. Big pharma made billions of $ while the sheeple got sick or died from the covid vaccine. Believe it or not.  

Mellow out.

If you want the shot, get it. If you don't, then don't.

I am quite sure no one cares if you get covid, flu, RSV or anything else.

What other people do is none of your business.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2023 at 6:49 AM, Boges said:

What proof do you have that the MMR vaccine really works?

How about not being aware of a single on that got measles, mumps or rubella except the kids & grandkids that didn't get their shot?

What proof they work? Only a ignorant blind id!ot would ask that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Mellow out.

Let's just hope they stick to this attitude, because last time they started out with thr lovey dovey peace and understanding, till it finally morphed into the PM snarling about "racists and misogynists" who should not be tolerated.

Justin-Trudeau-4.jpg

13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Let's just hope they stick to this attitude, because last time they started out with thr lovey dovey peace and understanding, till it finally morphed into the PM snarling about "racists and misogynists" who should not be tolerated.

Justin-Trudeau-4.jpg

Who is "they".

Mellow out and quit being so paranoid. You survived it last time and what makes you think you cannot survive whatever comes up??

This is not the only thing that has or will pi$$ you off in your lifetime so, roll with it LOL

43 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Who is "they".

Mellow out and quit being so paranoid. You survived it last time and what makes you think you cannot survive whatever comes up??

This is not the only thing that has or will pi$$ you off in your lifetime so, roll with it LOL

Just because you are comfortable and may have done well, profited even, perhaps, does not mean it's all good for everyone else. That sounds like the arrogance and narcissism someone on the left would say.

Who amI talking about, why Trudeau, Freeland and Tam of course. They set the federal standard, and it all trickles down from there. Kinda like shit in an outhouse.

I survived but I know a few people who developed health issues. I know two who were told not to get vaccinated. Considering I may only know a few hundred people in total, it's a pretty concerning statistical sample.

Just lucky I guess?

How about let's not strain the health care system this time like we did last time. Can we do that? It's been four years. Must be some way we can avoid doing that.

Wait times in my ER atm are 8-12 hours. And it aint even flu season yet. Here comes the next tidal wave for you people.

Since I never stopped working and was always being exposed to natural wild viruses, I am not sick while my coworkers all fall down like withered weeds. Proving mother nature reigns supreme again. Not your medicine derived by college boys trying to get their PhD, for the military-industrial complex.

11 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Just because you are comfortable and may have done well, profited even, perhaps, does not mean it's all good for everyone else. That sounds like the arrogance and narcissism someone on the left would say.

Who amI talking about, why Trudeau, Freeland and Tam of course. They set the federal standard, and it all trickles down from there. Kinda like shit in an outhouse.

I survived but I know a few people who developed health issues. I know two who were told not to get vaccinated. Considering I may only know a few hundred people in total, it's a pretty concerning statistical sample.

Just lucky I guess?

How about let's not strain the health care system this time like we did last time. Can we do that? It's been four years. Must be some way we can avoid doing that.

Wait times in my ER atm are 8-12 hours. And it aint even flu season yet. Here comes the next tidal wave for you people.

Since I never stopped working and was always being exposed to natural wild viruses, I am not sick while my coworkers all fall down like withered weeds. Proving mother nature reigns supreme again. Not your medicine derived by college boys trying to get their PhD, for the military-industrial complex.

Your paranoia is not just leaking out it is spilling out.

As for our health care system is burdened for sure but that has been foreseen for decades. Social programs demanded by the people were more important than health care so, we got what we wanted and deserved and, continue to demand more social programs....hey, free drugs, higher min wages, more social assistance, and on and on and health care just drops down the list.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 12:37 PM, ExFlyer said:

Mellow out.

I had to take both covid shots to be able to visit my sick wife in a care home. I had no choice. So much for your reply that if I did not want to take the jab, then don't.

And what I do is nobody's gawd dam business. Just leave me the hell alone. ?

37 minutes ago, taxme said:

I had to take both covid shots to be able to visit my sick wife in a care home. I had no choice. So much for your reply that if I did not want to take the jab, then don't.

And what I do is nobody's gawd dam business. Just leave me the hell alone?

Mellow out.

If you had to take them I (as I did as well) so be it. No one cares anymore.  If you want to be left alone, shut up and go away and stop whining.

,As I said "What other people do is none of your business. "

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Mellow out.

If you had to take them I (as I did as well) so be it. No one cares anymore.  If you want to be left alone, shut up and go away and stop whining.

,As I said "What other people do is none of your business. "

I never said that it was my business as to what others do, stupid. Think before you speak, stupid. ?

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Mellow out.

Completely aside,  i'm having a bit of a 'bad eye day' and could have SWORN that said "Mallow"  - as in 'Mallow out."  To which i intended to reply  "Yeah - stay Puft."  I thought maybe you were making a ghostbuster's reference.

Just thought i'd share.  Carry on :) 

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2023 at 6:54 AM, Boges said:

A woman waited two days in greater vancouver in an er before dying because they didn't have time to see her.

You're blowing off and dodging serious issues and pretending it's "All part of country life" when that is not what's happening.

Is there NOBODY on the left who believes in actually addressing serious issues instead of making  up bullshit?