Here we go again. Covid #2.

taxme

15 hours ago, taxme said:

I never said that it was my business as to what others do, stupid. Think before you speak, stupid. ?

Calling me stupid???

It was your whining diatribe post that I responded to.... LOL

"If Bonnie(the commie)Henry has her way, it would not take very much for her to try and come up with an excuse to once again try and introduce vaccine mandates to be able to eat in a restaurant or go to a movie. Bonnie is power crazy and enjoys ruling over we the sheeple. The leftist liberal media in BC is already hyping up the covid statistics. Just the excuse that good old comrade Bonnie needs to hear to try and make our lives again miserable. 

It was the non-adjusted people like yourself that believed the whole lie and hoax about covid, It was never about any virus. It was always about pushing a vaccine that was in an experimental stage. Big pharma made billions of $ while the sheeple got sick or died from the covid vaccine. Believe it or not.  "

Maybe "Think before you speak" is a mantra you should observe :)

Edited by ExFlyer

7 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Calling me stupid???

It was your whining diatribe post that I responded to.... LOL

"If Bonnie(the commie)Henry has her way, it would not take very much for her to try and come up with an excuse to once again try and introduce vaccine mandates to be able to eat in a restaurant or go to a movie. Bonnie is power crazy and enjoys ruling over we the sheeple. The leftist liberal media in BC is already hyping up the covid statistics. Just the excuse that good old comrade Bonnie needs to hear to try and make our lives again miserable. 

It was the non-adjusted people like yourself that believed the whole lie and hoax about covid, It was never about any virus. It was always about pushing a vaccine that was in an experimental stage. Big pharma made billions of $ while the sheeple got sick or died from the covid vaccine. Believe it or not.  "

Maybe "Think before you speak" is a mantra you should observe :)

It was a great post, eh? ?

On 10/6/2023 at 2:21 PM, OftenWrong said:

This is not the issue. Let them do what needs to be done in an emergency, and make changes to the system as needed to meet these new demands. 

Covid 19, 2019. It's 2023 now. Four years and no better ideas. The hospitals are full 90-100% on any given day, and not even due to Covid. That is the issue.

Would you be cool with tax money being spent on a system to runs 50% capacity or would you call that government waste? One thing I do remember from COVID is that Health systems had an ability to increase capacity for COVID patients. 

I think what ya'll are angling for is a separate ER that you can avoid the line, if you pay for it. Which could be argued for but it's tough in Canada to even mention it. 

I've found Urgent Care as a great service. It's like a Walk-In Clinic but there are some services that a Hospital would have. It's been invaluable as a parent of young kids. 

15 hours ago, Boges said:

Would you be cool with tax money being spent on a system to runs 50% capacity or would you call that government waste? One thing I do remember from COVID is that Health systems had an ability to increase capacity for COVID patients. 

I think what ya'll are angling for is a separate ER that you can avoid the line, if you pay for it. Which could be argued for but it's tough in Canada to even mention it. 

I've found Urgent Care as a great service. It's like a Walk-In Clinic but there are some services that a Hospital would have. It's been invaluable as a parent of young kids. 

You're asking me to solve a problem that came about due to attrition and neglect over several governments. How should I know, I just go to work every day. I buy my lunch at tim horton's.

Rather than a straightforward system that maintains full operational capacity at all times, seems to me we need a more dynamic system that is capable of responding to the extra need during emergencies. To do that, people and facilities need to be rapidly repurposed.

Meanwhile we've done very little even just to help improve ER wait times in the existing, broken system. We need to increase the number of general practitioners and walk in clinics, to take pressure off the ER.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Boges said:

Would you be cool with tax money being spent on a system to runs 50% capacity or would you call that government waste? O....

Aren't most government uses of tax money running at 50% of capacity ... at best? :)

Edited by ExFlyer

8 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Rather than a straightforward system that maintains full operational capacity at all times, seems to me we need a more dynamic system that is capable of responding to the extra need during emergencies. To do that, people and facilities need to be rapidly repurposed.

I totally think that's what was happening during COVID. In my town the Hospital created a field hospital for COVID overflow. 

Meanwhile we've done very little even just to help improve ER wait times in the existing, broken system. We need to increase the number of general practitioners and walk in clinics, to take pressure off the ER.

As mentioned, getting doctors is a lot easier in places with more people. Do you support telling Doctors where they can set up shop? Cancelling elective procedures was also part of this. 

My current GP had an office right across the street from my house. That's why I chose him. I moved, but kept him as my GP and he has since moved, to a different town but relatively closer. He once told him he much prefers the new town he's in. 

I have two young children and I've been to the ER once. And even then I regret going because Urgent Care could take care of most things.