Trudeau's Communist Regime sets new horizon

Another chud misrepresentation.  This bill does the same thing that US TV Network blocking did: moves Canadian eyeballs to Canadian sources to retain advertising revenue.  It may be wrong-headed but it's not what it's being made up to be.  Trudeau's government also funds the National Post and the Sun - would Poilievre eliminate THAT ?

Bill C-18 would require web platforms to pay royalties to the news media.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Another chud misrepresentation.  This bill does the same thing that US TV Network blocking did: moves Canadian eyeballs to Canadian sources to retain advertising revenue.  It may be wrong-headed but it's not what it's being made up to be.  Trudeau's government also funds the National Post and the Sun - would Poilievre eliminate THAT ?

Bill C-18 would require web platforms to pay royalties to the news media.

Just got a notification from Facebook that I'm no longer able to post the news. 

Trudeau knew exactly what he was doing.

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

The giant American propaganda machines are stealing the work of Canadian journalists. C 18 is a measure to stop the theft of Canadian product. West is supporting foreign plagerists.

I should be able to access international news without interference from a communist

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

why even have Canada right ?

They're already considering amending  "our home and native land" to "our home on native land" in our national anthem, so you may be onto something. 

You teach people to hate where they are from, unity and the fabric that keeps the country together can't be expected to remain strong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, West said:

I should be able to access international news without interference from a communist

That is why it is what it has become.

Trudeau and the Canadian media blamed Facebook et al for posting news when in fact it was people like you. So the government punishes social media for doing what the Canadian public in fact are doing so, this is all your fault.  :)

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, social media was not originally designed to be a news source. It morphed into that. But it is a forum that "should" be open to all ideas.

On the other hand...wait...there is no other hand.

Gee...maybe Canuck media should do a better job of marketing and messaging.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, social media was not originally designed to be a news source. It morphed into that. But it is a forum that "should" be open to all ideas.

On the other hand...wait...there is no other hand.

Gee...maybe Canuck media should do a better job of marketing and messaging.

CBC in the 'social media' business . . . . only Canadian content?  Justin, better run and hide as you'll find out how pissed off many Canadians are . . . with you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West said:

Why don’t you buy a newspaper?
Let’s say you have a company that makes hubcaps. When a big Chinese, American or Russian company comes into your business and takes your stock and sells it without paying you, would you be okay with that?

Edited by Queenmandy85

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I don't have a bird.

Let’s say you have a company that makes hubcaps. When a big Chinese, American or Russian company comes into your business and takes your stock and sells it without paying you, would you be okay with that?

No one is stealing Canadian propaganda and selling it back to us. 

44 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Ideally we wouldn't need to go to social media for readily available and pertinent information. We have no choice though, because our MSM is not only omitting it from their false narratives, they're part of TNI which is actively banning the truth from social media. This is just the next stage in the evolution of what's been happening for a while now.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Old news.

This is the right thing for the social media groups to do.

Why? 

I have spent alot of time abroad. Many people I have met will post local stories. Now the communists don't want you to read that

26 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That's what they claim it's about but there's been an assault on information for many years now wotj communists like Trudeau in charge. 

Can't believe I'm more liberal than the so called Liberal Party of Canada when it comes to freedom of the press and information flow

Edited by West

9 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Ideally we wouldn't need to go to social media for readily available and pertinent information. We have no choice though, because our MSM is not only omitting it from their false narratives, they're part of TNI which is actively banning the truth from social media. This is just the next stage in the evolution of what's been happening for a while now.

As they used to say, what colour is the sun on your planet. If you want good, objective international news on line, go to NRK.

For a different perspective, the English language Daily Dawn from Pakistan is interesting. 
If you only read sources that support your own views, you deny yourself the chance to grow. Belief that you are right all the time is both arrogant and folly. I should know. ?

56 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

CBC in the 'social media' business . . . . only Canadian content?  Justin, better run and hide as you'll find out how pissed off many Canadians are . . . with you!

Meh...some Canucks are always p1ssed off with me. Just ask The Beave... ;)

1 hour ago, West said:

Why? 

I have spent alot of time abroad. Many people I have met will post local stories. Now the communists don't want you to read that

That's what they claim it's about but there's been an assault on information for many years now wotj communists like Trudeau in charge. 

Can't believe I'm more liberal than the so called Liberal Party of Canada when it comes to freedom of the press and information flow

Find a Canadian news website instead of Facebook... too easy.

Canadian news media...y'all claimed it to be fake news now y'all whining it is of facebook?? Kinda ironic isn't it?

Freedom of the press that is being subsidized by your tax dollars??? Because you are using facebook and social media instead of subscribing to their newspapers and not watching the news because you claim is is too biased and fake?   Kinda sounds like you made the problem and now are whining because the exact services you were using are cutting you out?

25 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Find a Canadian news website instead of Facebook... too easy.

Canadian news media...y'all claimed it to be fake news now y'all whining it is of facebook?? Kinda ironic isn't it?

Freedom of the press that is being subsidized by your tax dollars??? Because you are using facebook and social media instead of subscribing to their newspapers and not watching the news because you claim is is too biased and fake?   Kinda sounds like you made the problem and now are whining because the exact services you were using are cutting you out?

I don't believe in centralizing which group of lunatics gets to be the arbiter of truth. 

Fact is Trudeau used our tax dollars to bribe media companies and social media makes them obsolete. 

He's using communist tactics

Edited by West

17 minutes ago, West said:

I don't believe in centralizing which group of lunatics gets to be the arbiter of truth. 

Fact is Trudeau used our tax dollars to bribe media companies and social media makes them obsolete. 

He's using communist tactics

Fact us Trudeau bailed out the main line media after intense pressure and lobbying by the media.

Boo Hoo they cried about losing advertising dollars to social media... we will have to lay off people they decried... so Trudeau gave them hundreds of millions of dollars ($600 million plus) and then laid off many workers anyway.

So, the media kept up with intense pressure to do something to prevent social media from posting news, to prevent you from re-posting news on social media and passed a law.

Now, social media told government what it was going to do if it was forced to pay the media companies and is doing it.

Right on social media, screw them and do not pay for something people, and even the media itself was using you for.

Remember that while the media was whining, it was itself paying social media to use their platforms. Now they want social media to pay them for their use of the platforms??? What hypocrisy of the news media and they sucked Trudeau into it.

11 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I can't tell....  was that serious or sarcasm?

Hopefully ahe meant it as sarcastic... :)

1 hour ago, Queenmandy85 said:

As they used to say, what colour is the sun on your planet.

The colour of the sun on my planet is "People were banned from social media for talking about the BSL4 lab in Wuhan and the MSM in our country never talked about it. In the end, we found out that the guy who pimped the bat-pangolin-human theory to us, which our MSM favoured, is the same guy who approved gain-of-function research on the coronavirus in the aforementioned Wuhan BSL4 lab. Imagine that. How stupid/credulous would I have to be to consider any of those sources legitimate right about now? Only a total jackass would do that, right?"

I will admit one thing though: for you to give any consideration whatsoever to what I said above would require you to endure all sorts of cognitive dissonance, and it's not in you. I know from experience that you're incapable of re-evaluating what you believe in with all your heart. 

Maybe you should just ask yourself if you really should believe in the CBC and CTV with all your heart. Have you never in your lifetime caught them saying something that initially seemed counterintuitive, and was later proven to be "folly"?

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/u-s-intel-report-identified-3-wuhan-lab-researchers-who-n1268327

^Weird, hey? These guys don't get sick of working with bats all day, they actually go to the wetmarket and bring them home to eat them I guess. 

If you only read sources that support your own views, you deny yourself the chance to grow. Belief that you are right all the time is both arrogant and folly. I should know. ? 

Buddy, I'm the last guy on earth who only reads things that support my own views.

Do you think that I want to believe 9/11 conspiracy theorists? I like the US more than I like islamic terrorists in case you hadn't noticed. I just can't fully commit to believing that WTC 7 was consumed by fire to the extent that it became the first steel/concrete structure in the history of the world to collapse due to fire, and yet somehow officials in NYC were able to predict that collapse to within minutes, or seconds even. 

I've been sitting on the 9/11 fence for over 20 years now. I can handle my share of cognitive dissonance, thank you very much.