Toronto principal bullied over false charge of racism dies from suicide : Bullied to death by the left

25 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1.  If you are saying that the goal was control, exclusive of other goals, then you are talking conspiracy and you need extraordinary evidence to prove it. 

No you don't. In Canada, no. It just happens naturally can we do that sure and why not. For their own good too. Few constraints or limits.

Government official with close ties to the industry pressing a public prosecutor on a criminal case against a company would be a major scandal in any real democracy. Like what could be more, worse? There are criminal cases against a president for attempts to interfere with the elections in the US but all is nice and sunshine in Canada. "Let the voters decide" bull? And democratic institutes, laws and checks not necessary for us, boring old stuff?  PM is naturally entitled to just about anything and "for their own good", two magic words magically solve and absolve anything. Wake up to your new reality.

22 minutes ago, Boges said:

One could use the term "Snowflake" to describe offing yourself over workplace issues. 

Except... that in an environment that is ostensibly promoting "wellness" that would strike someone as off-putting at the least.

Here's the thing - if you believe in DEI, you probably also believe that there are principles around how to implement and discuss it.  The general rules for productive workplaces are that individuals are never called out in front of the group, or diminished.  That's what this whole wellness thing is about.

The problem is that you can't tell from a newspaper article (and from a paper that hyperventilates about wokeness ALL the time) what actually happened.  I happen to know someone who was in the training and it seems like singling people out and making them feel bad is a programmed tactic.

I don't agree with it, and I think that white people get a say in what 'inclusion' means.  

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. That may seem logical at first glance, but it reflects a misunderstanding of institutional culture.  This atmosphere has been set for awhile now, and grew under all stripes of political leaders.

2. But it won't.  The influence is too remote.  And Trudeau doesn't LEAD the woke movement, he follows.  They went full guns on gay marriage, seemingly in a bold way.  But the polls already had 51% in favour and growing.

It usually does - you're simply saying things that support your narrative with no evidence or logic. But we've seen these changes many times in history, including when harper got in.

2 hours ago, Contrarian said:

1. and the CBC does not bring it because they are afraid of the crowd? 

2. I see, so they are afraid of the crowd, afraid of the trolls, afraid of the Chuds, afraid of the incels, afraid of the keyboard warriors?

3. The CBC should not be concerned about that in my opinion, BECAUSE their job is to serve the Canadian Public not to post lightweight articles on the main page and to shut off comments on Facebook because of the trolls, chuds, incels, etc, etc, etc.  

1. I think they just are part of the groupthink and know that this story wouldn't play... are they afraid of "the crowd" ?  Not in terms of raw emotion, no.
2. Not "afraid" but not wanting to deal with it in some basic way.  The Chuds would not have an effect.
3. Ok, but the "public" is also supposed to be open-minded on issues and if they were then this wouldn't have the problem.  As for 'comments' on articles, they have no obligation to moderate however I would welcome the mandate to create a true public online space.

Back to the topic - there is simply no space that can address local issues with due attention and objectivity right now.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 12:37 AM, CdnFox said:

They literally bullied this guy to death because he said Canada wasn't perfect but it wasn't worse than the states.   That was his crime. And their efforts to cancel him ended in his death.

This is the left for you. 

This is not the Left. These are bullies.

=====

Red China.

Years ago, I was in Shanghai - early 1980s. 

25 minutes ago, August1991 said:

This is not the Left. These are bullies.

=====

Red China.

Years ago, I was in Shanghai - early 1980s. 

Finding this link may take me time. I have the physical books:

Nien Chang - Life and Death in Shanghai

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Death-Shanghai-Cheng-Nien/dp/0802145167

===

As to the CCP and Mao, read this:

https://www.amazon.ca/Private-Life-Chairman-Mao/dp/0679764437

Edited by August1991

8 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Yeah I was just kidding about being a liberal.

Whatever MH calls himself, I'm the opposite of that.

Ok, so you hate freedom then got it.

Since I always have upheld the status quo more than anything else, maybe you're just against Canada?

7 hours ago, August1991 said:

We Canadians get along.

We understand that the future is better for all - if we agree to disagree. 

What happened was... we were so successful at governing that government became a form of entertainment... which is a bad idea.

Lo & behold - the Ontario government seems to have been following this:

"“These are serious and disturbing allegations. No staff member should ever be subject to harassment while in their place of work,” Mr. Lecce said in the statement. “This tragic incident only underscores the need for greater accountability of school boards and the necessity to ensure professional training is free from harassment and intimidation.”"

Ontario launches review of TDSB

3 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Ok, so you hate freedom then got it.

Since I always have upheld the status quo more than anything else, maybe you're just against Canada?

What you call freedom, I disagree with. At least some of it anyway.

It's all about freedom and status quo in a way. Those are the values we bicker about.

10 hours ago, August1991 said:

We Canadians get along.

We understand that the future is better for all - if we agree to disagree. 

We used to. But the last 7 years have changed that.  Covid nailed that coffin shut hard.  Now we don't get along and i don't see that we're going to anytime in the foreseeable future. Trudeau has spent so much time dividing people to harvest votes that now that's become our default.

On 7/24/2023 at 10:21 AM, Michael Hardner said:

1. They need to bring it to the public, not a partisan crowd.  Even the most woke person would agree there is a limit to this ideology.  All ideologies have pet projects that have been dashed on the rocks of public opinion... boot camps and benefit universality among them.
2. Don't you know the answer ?  That the "right kind of people" would crap all over the CBC for running an article like that?

I’m glad you’re seeing the ideological bent of the CBC. CBC and TorStar simply won’t risk their politically correct, government-funded credentials to dig into this.  They’ll only do it for left-leaning issues, like why a school board isn’t flying the Pride Flag or silencing the noisy horns during the Freedom Convoy.  It’s hard not to see how left activists have hijacked media.  It’s always about EDI and ESG.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

If we are merely bickering, why are you 180 degrees opposed to my values ?  Pretty confusing to hear that...

I find I disagree with pretty much everything you say. Does that help? ;)

Didn't say your values, I said whatever you call yourself. Meaning when you call yourself conservative. So I must be a liberal. And lo and behold, indeed I am, in a land full of illiberals.

On 7/25/2023 at 7:14 AM, Michael Hardner said:

===

What happened was... we were so successful at governing that government became a form of entertainment... which is a bad idea.

Michael,

Was the Cultural Revolution merely entertainment?

====

Martin Luther - in a time when people were superstitious - took on the Catholic Church. Imagine.

On 7/25/2023 at 10:26 AM, CdnFox said:

We used to. But the last 7 years have changed that.  Covid nailed that coffin shut hard.  Now we don't get along and i don't see that we're going to anytime in the foreseeable future. Trudeau has spent so much time dividing people to harvest votes that now that's become our default.

CdnFox,

I disagree.

René Lévesque and Peter Lougheed are typical of people born in this part of North America. We get along.

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

Michael,

1. Was the Cultural Revolution merely entertainment?

====

2. Martin Luther - in a time when people were superstitious - took on the Catholic Church. Imagine.

1. I don't really know Chinese history but it seems not.

2. Relevance, though?

I reckon we are living through the first time in history when politics has worked as MASS entertainment.