DeSantis on Ukraine

21 minutes ago, myata said:

An arrest warrant was issued for Putin for alleged crimes against humanity.

I don't have a problem with that, because I believe he is committing crimes against humanity.

All war is a crime against humanity.

And in most cases perpetrated by the rich upon the rich, in order to shuffle their wealth around a little.

The USA is not even a signatory to the International Court. That tells you what they think of it. Are they cheering the courts decision now? I'm sure they are.

Here is a nice carrot for you to look at. In other words, know when you are being duped.

Or like my pappy used to say, Old PeePaw OftenWrong,

"If it looks like shit

and stinks like shit

you doesn't have to taste it..."

;)

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Did he try to say it to a gang of violent thugs breaking into his home (Heaven forbid) in the middle of night, burning, robbing and raping all that moves, and worse? It's a cool philosophy may just have worked... or not.

Edited by myata

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

I don't have a problem with that, because I believe he is committing crimes against humanity.

All war is a crime against humanity.

And in most cases perpetrated by the rich upon the rich, in order to shuffle their wealth around a little.

The USA is not even a signatory to the International Court. That tells you what they think of it. Are they cheering the courts decision now? I'm sure they are.

Here is a nice carrot for you to look at. In other words, know when you are being duped.

"If it looks like shit

and stinks like shit

you doesn't have to taste it..."

;)

Legally, war is not an international crime. Kidnapping 16,000 children, however, is a crime.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, myata said:

Did he try to say it to a gang of violent thugs breaking into his home (Heaven forbid) in the middle of night, burning, robbing and raping all that moves, and worse? It's a cool philosophy may just have worked... or not.

He would say, do not build your house on the flood plain,

but build it upon on a strong foundation

that is to say, truth, honest, fairness

lest thy own iniquity

makes it become

a den of thieves

If the thieves are in the house already, that is to say they are you,

then let you reap the great justice,

that great heavenly equalizer,

the holy hand-grenade.

1 hour ago, Rebound said:

Legally, war is not an international crime. Kidnapping 16,000 children, however, is a crime.  

What is kidnapping? Is it relocating them out of the danger of a war zone?

Is it not unlike

Uncle Joe Biden

Putting thousands of Mexican babies in a prison?

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

You mean when the people of Ukraine fired their Putin puppet and got invaded for their trouble?

No I mean the next election two years after Yanukovych became president in fair and democratic elections,

when the Ukrainians gave his party a landslide majority.

But it's understandable you would be confused about what I mean,

being an a-historical jackass.

55 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Pay for what? I've not defended anything China has done UNLIKE YOUR DEFENSE OF PUTIN'S CRIMES against humanity.

Pay for being a leftist dork with no sense of wit or history.

Good job

now we know your real name is

wing wong

Just now, OftenWrong said:

No I mean the next election two years after Yanukovych became president in fair and democratic elections,

Then they turfed him for being a corrupt Putin puppet. Your hero Yanukovych had over 100 of them gunned down in Independence square. I guess Trudeau  should have done the same to the trucker protest and the Capital police to the Jan 6 mob.

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

What is kidnapping? Is it relocating them out of the danger of a war zone?

Is it not unlike

Uncle Joe Biden

Putting thousands of Mexican babies in a prison?

Wow. Just… wow. 
I never thought I’d ever encounter someone so morally decrepit that they defend stealing children from their parents.  You aren’t OftenWrong, you are OutrightSoulless. My assumption is that you are so thoroughly narcissistic that you cannot possibly understand the concept that this world has other human beings besides yourself.  

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Then they turfed him for being a corrupt Putin puppet.

Bulloney. All he did was reject the EU trade deal as it stood, and that got the globalists after him.

So I guess $5B in US "aid" to his political enemies played no role in the overthrown of the Ukrainian democracy? Not even counting the contributions and political interference by the EU.

Your a-historical blindness and partisanship is noted.

Check

6 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Wow. Just… wow. 
I never thought I’d ever encounter someone so morally decrepit that they defend stealing children from their parents.  You aren’t OftenWrong, you are OutrightSoulless. My assumption is that you are so thoroughly narcissistic that you cannot possibly understand the concept that this world has other human beings besides yourself.  

You're a complete goof because all you can talk about is me. Let's hear some facts, you got any? No.

Just another useless, emotionally unstable leftist piece of crap.

Go cry for your children. Not mine

15 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

but build it upon on a strong foundation

that is to say, truth, honest, fairness

Yeah right strong foundation with about two tanks starting when cute smiley matryoshka Russia comes to love you and liberate. Give her that, she just loves cute helpless stories. Those naughty Ukrainians how could they resist?

19 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

According to an April 2014 poll conducted by the Razumkov Centre, only 4.9% of respondents would have liked to see Yanukovych return to the presidency.

1 hour ago, OftenWrong said:

You're a complete goof because all you can talk about is me. Let's hear some facts, you got any? No.

Just another useless, emotionally unstable leftist piece of crap.

Go cry for your children. Not mine

No, the International Criminal Court is not “leftist crap.”  You’re pretty doggone stupid if you think there isn’t plenty of evidence to back up the claim that 16,000 children were taken from their parents. Not a crime you can commit without lots of witnesses. 
I assume you deny the Holocaust as well. 

Pay for being a leftist dork with no sense of wit or history.

Good job

now we know your real name is

wing wong

Yeah, what kind ldiot believes that's worth ANYTHING to "Beijing"?

OTOH everyone who gives a PASS to Putin, is HELPING HIM commit CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.

Bulloney. All he did was reject the EU trade deal as it stood, and that got the globalists after him.

BULLSHIT. He reneged on his promise to sign the EU deal and signed a deal with Putin INSTEAD.

Probably cause Putin BRIBED HIM.

So I guess $5B in US "aid" to his political enemies played no role in the overthrown of the Ukrainian democracy? Not even counting the contributions and political interference by the EU.

Your a-historical blindness and partisanship is noted.

Check

FACT CHECK: President Barack Obama spent "$5 billion paying Ukrainians to riot and dismantle their democratically elected government."

The claim is rooted in a December 2013 speech by Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland to the U.S.-Ukraine Foundation, a non-governmental agency that promotes democracy in the former Soviet republic.

Nuland had returned days earlier from her third trip to Ukraine in five weeks to assess the protests over President Viktor Yanukovych’s policies to move away from the European Union, she said.

She made clear the United States supported the protesters’ fight and spoke of how she met with Yanukovych, pressing him to end the pushback from Ukrainian security forces because it is "absolutely impermissible in a European state, in a democratic state."

She described how American taxpayer money has supported Ukraine’s democratic development despite the country’s challenges.

"Since Ukraine's independence in 1991, the United States has supported Ukrainians as they build democratic skills and institutions, as they promote civic participation and good governance, all of which are preconditions for Ukraine to achieve its European aspirations," she said. "We have invested over $5 billion to assist Ukraine in these and other goals that will ensure a secure and prosperous and democratic Ukraine."

Her eight-minute speech (video) attracted little to no media attention.

The truth

We had a feeling that folks repeating the claim missed important context from Nuland’s speech. Wasn’t Nuland talking about money given since Ukraine broke away from the Soviet Union?

The State Department said yes.

"The insinuation that the United States incited the people of Ukraine to riot or rebel is patently false," said Nicole Thompson, a State Department spokeswoman.

AKA, YOU'RE WRONG. and OFTEN.

51 minutes ago, robosmith said:

BULLSHIT. He reneged on his promise to sign the EU deal and signed a deal with Putin INSTEAD.

Probably cause Putin BRIBED HIM.

FACT CHECK: President Barack Obama spent "$5 billion paying Ukrainians to riot and dismantle their democratically elected government."

AKA, YOU'RE WRONG. and OFTEN.

Thanks for proving all my points are true. You made things much easier for me.

On 3/15/2023 at 7:26 AM, Perspektiv said:

Has any of the countries that he wanted ever belonged to him?

Why do you think the US adopts strategic ambiguity with Taiwan?

There is no legal path to find that Taiwan belongs to anyone but the Taiwanese. It belonged to the Japanese and then was taken by the Americans as war spoils after WW2. That Chiang Kai-Shek ran to it to hide from the Communists is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, robosmith said:

Yeah, what kind ldiot believes that's worth ANYTHING to "Beijing"?

OTOH everyone who gives a PASS to Putin, is HELPING HIM commit CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.

Stop being a mauron. Your outrage betrays you. We can tell by your writing style you are not from Canada.