Canadian Catholic student arrested for saying men are different from women.

Just now, CdnFox said:

What about corano?

I don't know what that is.

Just now, CdnFox said:

and 'lose their jobs'? which one 'lost their jobs' and then went on to get other jobs of similar stature exactly?

Mel Gibson lost a bunch of jobs for his racist and sexist tirades. After taking some time off, he went back to making movies.

And that's usually how it works. A celebrity does something stupid, they miss out on some opportunities, then they go back to doing whatever they want.

52 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

I don't know what that is.

Still don't know how to use google huh.

Gina Corano was a right wing actress on star wars' 'the mandalorian'. She was hated by the head of that department who was a horrific leftie.  Gino frequently expressed right of center opinions (mild ones, nothing radical).

She made a very very tame comment on social media to the effect of 'the nazi's succeeded because they turned neighbors against each other, we should respect each other regardless of politics'.

The left wing freaked out about it and the batch used it as an excuse to fire her over twitter for it and blamed her right wing views and claimed it was a 'holocaust' statement - despite the fact that the very left of center mandalorian lead actor made SPECIFIC NAZI REFERENCES JUST A FEW MONTHS EARLIER  - claiming that america's border was like concentration camps.

She hadn't mentioned the holocuast and hadn't even mentioned any political parties. But the left used it as an excuse to pounce and demand her resignation

Corano got a job with the daily wire in a movie but at a fraction of the pay and with her career all but destroyed.

This is one of HUNDREDS of examples. Any dolt can find this stuff in TWO seconds of searching.

You're a bigot, you're a racist, and you're anti semetic - but most of all you're a liar.

Mel Gibson lost a bunch of jobs for his racist and sexist tirades. After taking some time off, he went back to making movies.

Never anywhere near the same pay or professional level.

And that's usually how it works. A celebrity does something stupid, they miss out on some opportunities, then they go back to doing whatever they want.

Not when the left cancels them.

There's a tonne of examples - famous celebs and near celebs. What happened to matt taylor was nothing short of insane and tragic - a fine and promising scientist who's career was blown up entirely because he wore a custom shirt designed by a local woman artist which other women found offensive during an interview.  Poof - good by nasa career he'd worked his whole life for.

And you know this stuff happens. You're just too terrible a person to admit it.

12 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Still don't know how to use google huh.

You make the claim, it's on you to provide the evidence. And just typing a last name with no context is a pathetic attempt at providing evidence.

Gina Corano was a right wing actress on star wars' 'the mandalorian'. She was hated by the head of that department who was a horrific leftie.  Gino frequently expressed right of center opinions (mild ones, nothing radical).

I checked her wikipedia and she has been in movies since the Mandalorian. She actually would have been in even more movies, but she refused to comply with the covid regulations of the time.

So basically, she lost a job, but then she continued working, which is what I said happens to celebrities. And she would have had even more jobs in Hollywood, but she was too stupid to realize that the vaccine doesn't turn you into a magnet or whatever.

The left wing freaked out about it and the batch used it as an excuse to fire her over twitter for it and blamed her right wing views and claimed it was a 'holocaust' statement - despite the fact that the very left of center mandalorian lead actor made SPECIFIC NAZI REFERENCES JUST A FEW MONTHS EARLIER  - claiming that america's border was like concentration camps.

Cry harder.

You're a bigot, you're a racist, and you're anti semetic - but most of all you're a liar.

What racist thing did I say in the entire time I was here?

There's a tonne of examples - famous celebs and near celebs. What happened to matt taylor was nothing short of insane and tragic - a fine and promising scientist who's career was blown up entirely because he wore a custom shirt designed by a local woman artist which other women found offensive during an interview.  Poof - good by nasa career he'd worked his whole life for.

So yeah, that was really really stupid and he shouldn't have apologized. But was he cancelled? He's still doing work in his field, he still works for Rosetta and Cluster. If anything, I think this shows us that people are too quick to do damage control when it's actually just a few very loud losers with too much time on their hands complaining. Had Taylor refused to apologize, he'd still have his current jobs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Americana Antifa said:

You make the claim, it's on you to provide the evidence. And just typing a last name with no context is a pathetic attempt at providing evidence.

No sweetie - i asked how YOU felt about it. I asked a question. That's what the little crooked mark at the end of the sentance means.  So it's up to YOU to do your research and make an answer.

I'm kind of getting tired of explaining how english works every single post - is there maybe a remedial english class in your area that you could take? It would speed this up.

I checked her wikipedia and she has been in movies since the Mandalorian. She actually would have been in even more movies, but she refused to comply with the covid regulations of the time.

Nope. She was in one movie that was specifically offered by ben shapiro to say eff you to disney - and it was drastically reduced pay.

Her career has been torched. By leftists.

So basically, she lost a job, but then she continued working

Nope.  She lost a huge carreer - they planned a spin off based all around her character, she was in a world famous part and making huge dollars and that is gone now. Because of lefites cancelling her.

So once again we see - you lie rather than admit the truth.

the left LOVES to cancel people. It's their bread and butter. They are the true facists, attacking anyone who's opinion doesn't match their dogma.

What racist thing did I say in the entire time I was here?

A number of them. Not to mention the anti-semite stuff which SOME people (erroneously  in my books) call racism. If you want to count that or not.

So yeah, that was really really stupid and he shouldn't have apologized. But was he cancelled?

Yes. he was.  He was kicked out of his prestigeous job donig the work he loved and now he's doing lesser work. And no, i don't believe hes on the rosetta project any more.

So what this shows is that the Cancel Culture Lefties are so aggressive that they can take a guy who's just a normal scientist doing great work for our knowledge and understanding of the universe and cripple his life - and that they're happy to do so.

That's your side. Your side attacks and destroys people for the WEAKEST of reasons just to flex their woke muscles. ALL the time.

And you downplay it.  "Oh it NEVER happens! Ok maybe it happens but there's no consequences. Ok maybe there's consequences but they only destroyed his career a LITTLE bit..."

You are a terrible person defending terrible people. Trump, for all his flaws and dysfunctions and degenerate behavior is still a better person. Which is REALLY saying something.  You should be deeply ashamed of defending actions like this.

18 hours ago, CdnFox said:

No sweetie - i asked how YOU felt about it. I asked a question. That's what the little crooked mark at the end of the sentance means.  So it's up to YOU to do your research and make an answer.

Your "question" was a last name with no context meant to be an answer to my question about celebrities who were supposedly cancelled.

Nope. She was in one movie that was specifically offered by ben shapiro to say eff you to disney - and it was drastically reduced pay.

According to her Wikipedia, it was two movies and a TV appearance.

Nope.  She lost a huge carreer - they planned a spin off based all around her character, she was in a world famous part and making huge dollars and that is gone now. Because of lefites cancelling her.

First of all, it wasn't just leftists. Liberals and apolitical people also didn't want to see her after her bullshit. She pretty much just had fascist support. Keep in mine, you're a minority in both Canada and America.

Secondly, you can't say she was "cancelled" if she is still getting work. If your definition of being cancelled is just getting less work, most of Hollywood has been "cancelled."

the left LOVES to cancel people. It's their bread and butter. They are the true facists, attacking anyone who's opinion doesn't match their dogma.

If you think about it, the anti-fascists are the real fascist because they oppose fascism.

A number of them. Not to mention the anti-semite stuff which SOME people (erroneously  in my books) call racism. If you want to count that or not.

You don't have any examples because you're lying.

Yes. he was.  He was kicked out of his prestigeous job donig the work he loved and now he's doing lesser work. And no, i don't believe hes on the rosetta project any more.

According to his social media, he is.

And you downplay it.  "Oh it NEVER happens! Ok maybe it happens but there's no consequences. Ok maybe there's consequences but they only destroyed his career a LITTLE bit..."

No, my argument was that celebrities don't lose their careers. I said at the start that sometimes they lose jobs. And yeah, I think sometimes it's unfair. I don't agree with overboard political correctness and I think that a lot of times it's just a tiny but very loud minority. But I don't believe that celebrities lose their careers unless they do something on the level of Harvey Weinstein.

Also, I think there's a lot of hypocrisy here. You're concerned with the Left boycotting things they don't like, but you're fine with the Right banning things they don't like. Boycotting is not authoritarian, bans are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Americana Antifa said:

Your "question" was a last name with no context meant to be an answer to my question about celebrities who were supposedly cancelled.

Yes. As you note - a question. It seeemed likely becuase you CLAIMED FALSELY that no celebs are ever cancelled that you'd done some research and would know about that case, it was in all the papers and was quite a splash at the time.

According to her Wikipedia, it was two movies and a TV appearance.

Which is nothing compared to what she had. She was a major star in the Star Wars franchise with parts in a number of their shows and her own spin off. So hundreds of millions of dollars worth of work gone, and she's doing minor movies that didn't even get aired in a theatre - the movie she did for shapiro was never in theatres.

Unless you just shoot her in the head you couldn't cancel her more. She's lost a HUGE career.  That's' what being cancelled means. It doesn't mean you never ever work again but if you go from being CEO to Janitor - you've had your entire life upended and destroyed by the cancel culture.

First of all, it wasn't just leftists. Liberals and apolitical people also didn't want to see her after her bullshit. She pretty much just had fascist support. Keep in mine, you're a minority in both Canada and America.

Actually it was just the leftists. Everyone else was furious that she was fired and how she was fired and people rose up and disney actually started to lose revenues from cancelled memberships and such - people were fed up with disney going woke - and it lead to Kathleen Kennedy being turfed and the entire star wars franchise being 'rebooted' to get rid of that kind o crap.

Sorry sweetie - the minority here is you.

Secondly, you can't say she was "cancelled" if she is still getting work. If your definition of being cancelled is just getting less work, most of Hollywood has been "cancelled."

If you lose your job and are reduced dramatically in the work you can get for the sole reason than the pscho SJW's like yourself demanded it - you've been cancelled.  The idea that you must NEVER EARN A DOLLAR again in order to be cancelled is stupid - you're thinking of murder.

But these people have had something valuable and important taken away by leftists activists for no other reason than they didn't have the right politics. And that's disgusting and that's what the left is all about - Say what we want, believe what we tell you, or we'll HURT you. WE'll take something away from you and make you as miserable as we can legally (and then some in some cases).

That's the left. Terrorize, Hurt, Hate, Attack. It's all you are.

If you think about it, the anti-fascists are the real fascist because they oppose fascism.

The anti facists are facists because they use force and violence to inflict their political agenda and their ideology on others in a facist fashion.

You call yourself antifascist to cover up your fascism.

According to his social media, he is.

Nope. Sorry.

No, my argument was that celebrities don't lose their careers

And your'e wrong. Look at Gina - she had a thriving career and was at the top of her game doing extremely big productions for massive money and that is GONE.

She has lost her carreer. She may rebuild it - we don't know how it will go in the years to come but right now it's gone and she will never get those years back. What she had is gone.

So yeah - they lose their careers. they are then forced to try to rebuild a new career or

Also, I think there's a lot of hypocrisy here. You're concerned with the Left boycotting things they don't like, but you're fine with the Right banning things they don't like. Boycotting is not authoritarian, bans are. 

We're not talking about boycotts here. We're talking about cancellation.  Boycott is where you say "i won't watch another Gina movie". Cancellation is where you organize a bunch of people and demand disney fire her and cost her her job because you disagree with her

So don't try to downplay it. And the right really doesn't do that. That's pretty much a left wing thing to do.  It is the act of deliberately trying to do harm to someone and punish them by taking away something valuable and precious to them. You might as well break into their homes and kill their dog.

And if it was SO fair and harmless as you suggest - you woudln't be putting so much energy into trying to down play and deflect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 6:43 PM, Americana Antifa said:

Name one example. Shouldn't be hard if there's that many.

Here's a pretty good one.

A university has “confiscated” the findings of an academic studying Britain’s gender wars in a row over her “dangerous” research data, The Telegraph can reveal. 
Dr Laura Favaro began the first ever taxpayer-funded study into whether social scientists at universities feel censored over their views on transgender issues in March 2020 at City, University of London.
But it has descended into chaos, with the study’s author allegedly hounded out of the university, stripped of the findings she collected and barred from publishing them amid claims of transphobia.

https://archive.is/VSxIx

12 hours ago, I am Groot said:

Here's a pretty good one.

A university has “confiscated” the findings of an academic studying Britain’s gender wars in a row over her “dangerous” research data, The Telegraph can reveal. 
Dr Laura Favaro began the first ever taxpayer-funded study into whether social scientists at universities feel censored over their views on transgender issues in March 2020 at City, University of London.
But it has descended into chaos, with the study’s author allegedly hounded out of the university, stripped of the findings she collected and barred from publishing them amid claims of transphobia.

https://archive.is/VSxIx

So I don't know nearly as much about British politics, but I looked into this case, and it seems like the university acted alone in getting Favaro kicked out. There's no evidence of a concerted effort by the public to silence her, outside of her own dubious claims.

I don't agree with the decision, but this isn't an example of liberal or leftist media whipping people up to get someone fired, or a case of an angry mob taking it upon themselves to get her fired.

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2023 at 4:12 PM, I am Groot said:

Dr Laura Favaro

I googled.  As @Americana Antifa said, this seems like a university fired her for ethics issues in the research.  Until there’s a decision by a more neutral party, what makes you think this was a case of “cancellation” by left wingers?  

as @Michael Hardner said….  perhaps best to wait to pass judgement?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TreeBeard said:

this seems like a university fired her for ethics issues in the research.

It's going to be that way regardless of whether or not the pressure to do so was internal or external.

And it's worth noting that such a group could definitely exist within the university itself. Lindsey shepard.

Although i haven't seen anything about where the complaint comes from yet the fact the school was the agency that took action doesn't in any way take away from the scenario he mentioned.

18 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I googled.  As @Americana Antifa said, this seems like a university fired her for ethics issues in the research.  Until there’s a decision by a more neutral party, what makes you think this was a case of “cancellation” by left wingers?  

as @Michael Hardner said….  perhaps best to wait to pass judgement?

But no one has said there are ethics issues with the research, only that they don't like the results. Note the following.

City found following an investigation that there was “no evidence” that the research breached any ethics criteria.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, I am Groot said:

But no one has said there are ethics issues with the research, only that they don't like the results. Note the following.

City found following an investigation that there was “no evidence” that the research breached any ethics criteria.

Not liking the results of someone’s legitimate research is now grounds for dismissal it seems. If someone doesn’t like the way reality makes them feel, that’s a reason to dismiss someone in today’s Kafkaesque work environment.  It’s unethical and unlawful of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Not liking the results of someone’s legitimate research is now grounds for dismissal it seems. If someone doesn’t like the way reality makes them feel, that’s a reason to dismiss someone in today’s Kafkaesque work environment.  It’s unethical and unlawful of course.

"When we say 'we follow the science', what we mean is the science better follow us. Or it's not science. "

- The Left, probably

• Like 1