Jump to content

Pierre Pollivere responds to questions of racism in his caucus (hilarious!)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Sorry joker, but that's not what it is. 

That was literally the definition of it that i gave you. Sorry  kiddo.  Should have looked that up before speaking

Oh - and it can be either or and both a justification and a defletion

"The communication intent is often to distract from the content of a topic (red herring). The goal may also be to question the justification for criticism and the legitimacy, integrity, and fairness of the critic, "

 

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

I mentioned the CBC and the star by saying "stay away from them".  Somehow that translates to you as "Check out the CBC and the Star".  ?

No,  i never said you asked me to look at the cbc and the star.  But you DID offer them as eaxmples immediately after saying you'd been reading nothing but this type of story in left wing media,

So - you are trying to sell the idea that you were talking about stories in left wing media  and just happened, out of the blue and for no reason, to mention two completely unrelated to the discussion left wing media sources and suggest i should stay away from them for no particular reason ;)

Do you really need me to explain how desperate and foolish you sound right now? Seriously - have SOME pride.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Because one is a minor gaffe that's more inappropriate than actually a sign that he's genuinely racist

Minor to you but not to him. We can easily surmise his teaction were the tables turned and if it was Poillievre. This is why he is hated by average Canadians more than anything else. He is a disgusting racist himself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

When were the conservatives, conservative to you, I wonder?  ?

Those categories are basically meaningless now.   My main concern is protecting our freedoms and democracy. The Liberals have failed miserably in that.  I’m not sure the Conservatives would do much better.  They do poorly in Ontario, drinking the same EDI and suspension of rights to “keep us safe” nonsense.  Trudeau has taken a sledgehammer to Canada, however.  A comatose leader would’ve done less damage than Trudeau.

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Moonbox said:

You can question him and his judgement and his sincerity.  I certainly do.  An offensive costume from 20+ years ago is obviously not something many Canadians are concerned about.  If you're so concerned about cancel-culture and wokeism, why are you even talking about it? 

I wouldn't be except he is such a proponent of cancel culture himself, always quick to hurl insults questioning others' commitment to antiracism and other identity war commitments.

19 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Sort of like he booted Mary Ng out of his cabinet for conflict of interest scandals and for hiring campaign managers with potential ties to Chinese intelligence?  I wouldn't be so sure.  ?

Ethics issues are not something he could use to fire someone, given his own repeated transgressions. Besides, she's Asian. The standards are different for racialized people. Which is why brainless fools like Sajjan are still in cabinet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Absolutely right.  

I've said before, I'm not so sure on this issue.  The Globeandmail is a dog on a bone with this.  

Being a hardcore liberal isn't any better or worse than being a hardcore conservative.  Folks just follow their programming.  They excuse Liberal gaffes/scandals and get outraged by conservative ones, and the conservatives do the exact same thing. You can point at their morals, and they can point at yours.  It's pointless. 

I think there is something here, that has not been surfaced yet, why are the liberals trying so hard to bury stuff, and we don't need a public inquiry, even the CSIS intel guys have said that national security will trump any real evidence it needs to be a special parliamentary inquest with security clearances to see the evidence and make a ruling...such as was the PM in the know of this interference and did nothing becasue he benefited from it. 

Yes it is a huge difference, it is like every week this government is fighting some scandal, ethic breaches by the dozens now, scandal after scandal, all these lies, and deceit to cover it all up, and NO one even held to account...They can question my morals all day long. Nothing compares to what damage this government has done to public opinion, and the peoples trust of the government. And for people to still support these actions, is truily unbelievable. i mean we are not taking about a hockey team, we are talking about the leader of our nation, and the lack of pride we have in all of it.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I wouldn't be except he is such a proponent of cancel culture himself, always quick to hurl insults questioning others' commitment to antiracism and other identity war commitments.

I get it, but it's just partisan politics being thrown back and forth.  You can point at what Trudeau 20+ years ago as some sort of contradiction or hypocrisy if you like, but then complaining about his wokeness or affirmative action or whatever in his government at the same time is equally so.  

57 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Ethics issues are not something he could use to fire someone, given his own repeated transgressions. Besides, she's Asian. The standards are different for racialized people. Which is why brainless fools like Sajjan are still in cabinet.

Sure, agreed.  I imagine if Mary Ng was a white woman, she'd have been turfed from cabinet last November.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Yes it is a huge difference, it is like every week this government is fighting some scandal, ethic breaches by the dozens now, scandal after scandal, all these lies, and deceit to cover it all up, and NO one even held to account...

It's no different.  We had plenty of ethics breaches under the Harper government, and plenty in the Martin government before that.  They all promised to improve things, and none of them did.  We saw the same thing in Ontario, with the McGuinty/Wynne Liberals finally getting crushed after their numerous scandals, who in turn dominated the PCs after Mike Harris' resignation and the disastrous tenure of Ernie Eves and Flaherty.  

Partisan voters engage in hyperbole and exaggeration, pointing their fingers at the "other" side, while never holding their own color of politicians to the same standard. 

"This is SO MUCH WORSE," they say, every time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Minor to you but not to him. We can easily surmise his teaction were the tables turned and if it was Poillievre. This is why he is hated by average Canadians more than anything else. He is a disgusting racist himself.

Well and this is why the right keeps bringing it up. You're absolutely right, he's got a history of going back 10 years or more to what people have said to try to suggest their racists or the like.  If the situation was reversed there's no doubt he would have claimed it proved the other leader was racist no matter what he promises today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

It's no different.  We had plenty of ethics breaches under the Harper government, and plenty in the Martin government before that. 

Well - did we tho? There's a difference between a mistake or a gaffe or something politically  embarassing and an actual ethics breech or corruption.  What did we have under harper that was actually an 'ethics' breech? A 14 dollar glass of orange juice?

You could say that the duffey thing was probably an ethics breech - but the big crime there was he was pressuring someone to give BACK money to the taxpayers and may have provided the funding for that indirectly.  I mean seriously - we could use more "ethics breeches" like that.  :)

Harper was different. You broke ethics under his watch, you were gone.  And he didn't. And there was a history of politicians standing down when they did get caught in a genuine ethics breech. Look at harcourt for the ndp in BC, took it on the chin for something that arguably wasn't HIS ethics breech but he owned it for his party. Or the recent resignation of tory.

I think you can say some politicans are substantially worse than others.

 

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Partisan voters engage in hyperbole and exaggeration, pointing their fingers at the "other" side, while never holding their own color of politicians to the same standard. 

Sure, many do. But there are lots who do not. And some offenses are arguably actually worse than others. Bev Oda spent 14 dollars on orange juice and didn't try to hide it.  Justin spent 6000 bucks on a hotel room and won't even say who stayed there. It is reasonable to say one is worse than the other.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

No,  i never said you asked me to look at the cbc and the star.  But you DID offer them as eaxmples immediately after saying you'd been reading nothing but this type of story in left wing media,

I literally said "stay away from" them.  ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

I literally said "stay away from" them.  ?

 

You literally offered them as examples of left wing newspapers you had been reading alll these stories in - in fact nothing BUT these stories :)

Turns out not so much with teh stories and now you're pretending you never meant to suggest there's any stories in them :)

LOL - this is why nobody takes you seriously!

"There's all these stories in these papers! Trust me! Don't look!"

'i looked. There isn't. "

"WAAAATTTT - i told you not to loooooook! Derp!"

LOL - give it up man. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Well and this is why the right keeps bringing it up. You're absolutely right, he's got a history of going back 10 years or more to what people have said to try to suggest their racists or the like.  If the situation was reversed there's no doubt he would have claimed it proved the other leader was racist no matter what he promises today.

Was it not the press who brought up the spectre of racism, per your opening post, in the context of conservatives being racist? We didn't get to hear the actual question, but it seems that way.

What's a poor little non-racist conservative boy to do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Was it not the press who brought up the spectre of racism, per your opening post, in the context of conservatives being racist? We didn't get to hear the actual question, but it seems that way.

What's a poor little non-racist conservative boy to do?

Yes, they were asking about racism in the Conservative Caucus in light of the meeting with the german bimbo.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I don’t like is when people say that others are racist and expect that this character judgment should be taken on faith by others.  I need clear examples of the racist behaviour (with context provided) before I’ll accept such characterizations.  Let me judge for myself.  What did the German MP do or say that was racist?  Not wanting immigration from certain parts of the world isn’t necessarily racist if the prevalent cultural values in such places run counter to liberal-democratic values.  We do this all the time when we require visas from certain countries.  In an ideal world people are ascertained as individuals, but immigration authorities don’t have the human resources to get that granular.  Think about how sanctions against countries are similar blunt instruments that can hurt regular citizens, yet we maintain sanctions against countries like Iran and Russia.

Edited by Zeitgeist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

You literally offered them as examples of left wing newspapers you had been reading alll these stories in - in fact nothing BUT these stories :)

Like I said, "Stay away from the CBC and the Star" means "I've been reading them" in your little fantasy world.  Not much for anyone to debate there when you just make up what you want to argue against.  ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Moonbox said:

Like I said, "Stay away from the CBC and the Star" means "I've been reading them" in your little fantasy world. 

you - "I've been reading all these articles you might not like. Stay away from cbc and the star"

Me - so you read the cbc and the star

You  "WAT - NOOOOOOOOO what ever could possibly have given you that idea?!?!?!?"

 

ROFLMAO !!!  Give it up kiddo, you're getting dumber with every post on this and the rest of us are dumber for having read your thoughts :) LOL~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Give it up kiddo, you're getting dumber with every post on this and the rest of us are dumber for having read your thoughts :) LOL~

No we're not. We're wiser though to how inimical your posting style is to this forum.  You're really just a worthless vandal.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No we're not. We're wiser though to how inimical your posting style is to this forum.  You're really just a worthless vandal.

Awww eyeball - did you fell left out :) Came to stick up for your buddy and to give your buddy a shoulder to cry on? :) LOL

So - was your jumping in with insults and personal attacks and nothing to contribute to the discussion an example of your "high value'?

Sounds like you're projecting again.

Although i will concede for you it's true you're not dumber for reading his posts. You had already shown up that way.

Edited by CdnFox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CdnFox said:

you - "I've been reading all these articles you might not like. Stay away from cbc and the star"

A completely made-up quote....again.  ??

12 hours ago, eyeball said:

You're really just a worthless vandal.

Like a monkey flinging poo.  PAY ATTENTION TO ME PLEEEEASE!?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

A completely made-up quote....again.  ??

Oh look - you're denying saying what you said again.  What a shock.  Everyone can go back and read it. Again, you're just making yourself look like a desperate loser.  We both know what you said.

It's getting to the point where you admit  you've completley lost the discussion by denying the things you said previously as a 'tell'.  It's like this reoccurring joke :)

Sorry kiddo - the left wing papers you "read NOTHING but stories about china" in didn't really have hardly any. Sorry to burst your bubble.

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Like a monkey flinging poo.  PAY ATTENTION TO ME PLEEEEASE!?

Yes - that's exactly what you're like but i wasn't going to say it :)  So needy.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Oh look - you're denying saying what you said again.  What a shock.  Everyone can go back and read it. Again, you're just making yourself look like a desperate loser.  We both know what you said.

Yes, everyone can go back and read what I said.  The problem you keep having, over and over, is that they can't go back and read what you make up that I said.  

The quote function exists for a reason, and if all you're going to do is make up shit to argue against, you don't need anyone else's input, and certainly not mine.  You can just keep arguing with yourself! ?

man yelling at mirror Meme Generator - Imgflip

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moonbox said:

Yes, everyone can go back and read what I said

And they know you're not telling the truth. It's there in black and white.  Sorry kiddo.

But you're right about one thing, you do it over and over and over.  It's become your calling card :)

You should try NOT saying dumb things you'll have to deny saying later :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2023 at 2:41 PM, Moonbox said:

It's no different.  We had plenty of ethics breaches under the Harper government, and plenty in the Martin government before that.  They all promised to improve things, and none of them did.  We saw the same thing in Ontario, with the McGuinty/Wynne Liberals finally getting crushed after their numerous scandals, who in turn dominated the PCs after Mike Harris' resignation and the disastrous tenure of Ernie Eves and Flaherty.  

Partisan voters engage in hyperbole and exaggeration, pointing their fingers at the "other" side, while never holding their own color of politicians to the same standard. 

"This is SO MUCH WORSE," they say, every time.  

Thats your opinion, this liberal government has blown by every standard for bad government there is, not by a few but by by a massive amount. Tell me you trust anything this Liberal government is saying about anything at this point in time, and you telling me it does not matter they the government do this all the time...and we the gullible are expected to take it and not say anything it is normal practice , when did it get to this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Thats your opinion, this liberal government has blown by every standard for bad government there is, not by a few but by by a massive amount.

Sure, it's just an opinion, and as a Conservative voter who's never voted anything but conservative, you're not unusual in thinking that, but then, like, that's also just your opinion, man.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,742
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    CrazyCanuck89
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • DACHSHUND went up a rank
      Rookie
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      First Post
    • aru earned a badge
      First Post
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • User earned a badge
      Posting Machine
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...