Fat Trudeau becomes unglued when a Canadian doesn't support his corrupt war in Ukraine

West

3 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Well - the results make it hard to dispute any of that.

I do remember the old story about an american general noting their tanks were superior to the russians in quality, and the soviet leader of the day saying "quantity has a quality all it's own".  I guess turns out he was wrong :)

quantity does have a quality all of its own

but only if you concentrate all those tanks at a weak point in the defences

the Russians don't do that, they have their tanks spread out all over the place, using them as fire support

the Soviet doctrine was called Deep Battle

you punch through the line with tanks, then drive into the enemies rear to turn him out of his defensive positions

either he has to retreat, or he gets encircled

the Russians however, just don't seem to know how to do it, now that push has come to shove

at the operational level, in terms of institutional knowledge

the Russians don't seem to be capable of executing the Soviet doctrine

54 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

quantity does have a quality all of its own

but only if you concentrate all those tanks at a weak point in the defences

the Russians don't do that, they have their tanks spread out all over the place, using them as fire support

the Soviet doctrine was called Deep Battle

you punch through the line with tanks, then drive into the enemies rear to turn him out of his defensive positions

either he has to retreat, or he gets encircled

the Russians however, just don't seem to know how to do it, now that push has come to shove

at the operational level, in terms of institutional knowledge

the Russians don't seem to be capable of executing the Soviet doctrine

Which is odd because in ww2 the russians not only understood and mastered blitzkrieg and the idea of the shwerpunkt but they also mastered how to counter it, so you'd think they'd be really strong at executing that kind of attack.

Oh well - they're certainly relearning a few things now i'm sure.

4 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Which is odd because in ww2 the russians not only understood and mastered blitzkrieg and the idea of the shwerpunkt but they also mastered how to counter it, so you'd think they'd be really strong at executing that kind of attack.

I think the answer is : the Russians are not the Soviets

this is more like the Russians in the First World War

the incompetent Czar leads his army of poorly trained peasants into a catastrophe

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

They absolutely 100 percent entirely started this war and they did so to steal land and expand their empire. Period. Trying to pretend otherwise is disgusting. You might as well claim hitler didn't start ww2.

Don't forget you're trying to make sense to someone who thinks 9/11 was an inside job.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - tell me you know i'm right without telling me  :) 

Your lack of understanding of history is abysmal.  Although come to think of it the russians attacked poland in the end too didn't they.

Of course it is. Period.  You might as well be a flat earther if you're going to pretend otherwise.

Zero attempts at a statement of fact there, just blather. 

That's the typical reaction one sees in the fanatic when their beliefs are challenged and they have no logical argument :)

Sounds like people call you out for your stupidity a lot. Maybe there's something to it?

Here's a thing: when you get called out for saying something that's not true, and are offered proof, just fess up. Say something like: "Oh jeez, I guess that Ukraine/US (under Obama) really were pushing the NATO agenda fwd into Ukraine. I didn't know that much about it 'til the war started. Point taken."

You actually earn respect that way, you don't lose it. People won't make fun of you.  

If that were true then they would have accepted "ukraine won't join nato' as a term for ending the war - but vlad didn't want to negotiate then.  AND he's not pushing for that now, he wants to keep his territory gains. Or whats left of them.

Another non-truth. I won't call you a liar because I'm pretty sure that you just don't know any better, as usual.

While it's true that Ukraine talked about it in the Turkey peace talks, this is how far it got:

President Vladimir Putin has also repeatedly insisted that Ukraine be permanently barred from NATO to guarantee Russia's security. NATO has firmly rejected this demand, underscoring that its open-door policy is nonnegotiable, while dismissing the notion it poses a direct threat to Russia. 

You could argue that Ukraine wanted peace and NATO shit-canned the idea, but it was never officially floated to Russia as a possibility. 

For your edification:

prox·y war
/ˈpräksē wôr/
  1. a war instigated by a major power which does not itself become involved.

ANd nato was in no danger of allowing full membership to the ukraine. Now however that's a real possibility.

The facts demonstrate your theory is just plain wrong.

You say that, Biden said the opposite. Hmmmm, whom to believe....

Your facts lack the factual basis part.

He wanted to expand the empire and control important resources  in the ukraine. Period.

Nope. The moment they signed - invade. Period. There has NEVER been a time in history where appeasing a predator like Putin has EVER resulted in peace.

Again, you completely lack facts. This time you've substituted a generality. 

Remember that russia promised to never ever ever invade or threaten ukraine for any reason when they gave up their nukes. That wasn't long ago.

It wasn't an unconditional promise - self-defence wasn't ruled out.

Putting NATO on Russia's doorstep was an act of aggression. 

You are literally going to kill people with that attitude. You don't give a shit about the kids, they can die for all you care. You have NO problem with putin slaughtering them by the schoolbus load as long as you can blame it on the west. So spare me the crocodile tears.

Now you're at the point where every leftist eventually has to switch to smears because you're out of half-truths and lies. IE, you're just being a shitty little liar. Grow up.

You want to save childrens lives - you send a clear message to violent warmongers like putin that if they invade another country there is a horrific price to pay. Any other course leads to MORE war -  which is FINE with  you as long as it's not blamed on poor putin who's done nothing wrong. You're disgusting.  Trying to put the deaths of the children on someone OTHER than the guys who literally pulled the triggers.

NATO never had to get into Russia's grille. Ukraine didn't need to go that route. Now they know. 

26 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I think the answer is : the Russians are not the Soviets

this is more like the Russians in the First World War

the incompetent Czar leads his army of poorly trained peasants into a catastrophe

Again it's hard to look at the results and disagree.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

So stupid. Less than 20,000 civilians dead/injured, 65,000 war crimes lol. And where's the mention of all the incidents of Ukrainians fighting out of uniform, or from hospitals, schools etc (war crimes)?

If Yahoo News put dogcrap under your nose and told you it was cocaine, you'd snort it. 

5 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Again it's hard to look at the results and disagree.

the tactics are right out of the opening phases of the First World War

the Russians doing reconnaissance in force by sending in human wave attacks

the next wave stepping over the bodies of the previous one

2 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Zero attempts at a statement of fact there, just blather. 

Are you talking to your mirror? I was responding to your blather, the facts had previously been given by me and you offered none.

"I'll give you no facts  - WAAAAAAHHHH YOU GAVE ME NONE IN RETURN!!!!! WAAAHAHHH"  yesh - calm down and go change your diapers.

4 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Sounds like people call you out for your stupidity a lot.

Still talking to the mirror i see :) Ahh well

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Another non-truth. I won't call you a liar because I'm pretty sure that you just don't know any better, as usual.

Its absolutely true. Prove otherwise. Simply pretending it isn't is childish. And we both know who the liar here is. Say hi to your mirror for me.

As to the rest - more lies and bullshit from a guy who supports the murder of children and innocents as a reasonable response to the idea that some day ukraine MIGHT join nato - which had never been approved,

And all the while providing NO facts while crying that others don't provide enough.

Sorry kiddo - like i said your credibility went out the window when you said that the invasion and slaughter of women and children is justified as an 'act of defense'. 

14 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Now you're at the point where every leftist eventually has to switch to smears because you're out of half-truths and lies. IE, you're just being a shitty little liar. Grow up.

Still talking to your mirror i see ;)

you should work in a movie theatre - you're all about projection aren't you.

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

NATO never had to get into Russia's grille. Ukraine didn't need to go that route. Now they know. 

Yeah - they know russia is a power hungry country that will invade other countries without just cause in the name of expanding their empire.

Meanwhile - Now Russia knows their gear sucks, their army is trash, and they've lost a huge amount of gear and manpower and are losing a war to the ukraine. They are utterly humiliated. Hear their latest attack just got smashed as well. :)  Awwwww.

And we learned you think that an imaginary alliance which hadn't been approved is sufficent grounds to kill thousands of civilians and you'll laugh about their deaths because it's so amusing to you.  So there's that.

All kinds of education going on isn't there :) But the funnest part is - NATO wouldn't likely have ever done a deal with ukraine and now it's probably going to happen as a result of this.

oh.... and 'self defense' isn't killing someone because they might do a deal with someone else. Sorry.

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Are you talking to your mirror? I was responding to your blather, the facts had previously been given by me and you offered none.

"I'll give you no facts  - WAAAAAAHHHH YOU GAVE ME NONE IN RETURN!!!!! WAAAHAHHH"  yesh - calm down and go change your diapers.

Still talking to the mirror i see :) Ahh well

Its absolutely true. Prove otherwise. Simply pretending it isn't is childish. And we both know who the liar here is. Say hi to your mirror for me.

As to the rest - more lies and bullshit from a guy who supports the murder of children and innocents as a reasonable response to the idea that some day ukraine MIGHT join nato - which had never been approved,

And all the while providing NO facts while crying that others don't provide enough.

Sorry kiddo - like i said your credibility went out the window when you said that the invasion and slaughter of women and children is justified as an 'act of defense'. 

The true leftist in you finally came out. 

1) You still can't admit that the US/Ukraine were pushing hard for NATO expansion LONG BEFORE Crimea. You really need to grow up.

2) You don't understand that the conditions of the Budapest Memorandum were breached by Ukraine, not Russia

3) Your casualty stats are just as silly as predicted

4) Just out of curiosity, have leftists stopped calling the war a genocide now? I haven't been paying much attention to the lies/histrionics. Call me crazy. 

Edited by WestCanMan

The true leftist in you finally came out. 

Awww look at that - the guy who supports the commies is calling me a leftie :) Oh noes - how WILL i cope :)

Does lying to yourself help you sleep at night?

1) You still can't admit that the US/Ukraine were pushing hard for NATO expansion LONG BEFORE Crimea.

Because it's a lie. I have this funny thing about telling the truth. You wouldn't understand.

2) You don't understand that the conditions of the Budapest Memorandum were breached by Ukraine, not Russia

I understand that Russia invaded the ukraine without provocation to expand their empire and CLAIMED it was to defeat nazis. You don't understand that nothing that went before that justifies killing children and innocents. And now russia is paying the price.

3) Your casualty stats are just as silly as predicted

LOLOLOL - i produced several independant estimates and you didnt' produce a single thing, but yes ... ALL THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD ARE WRONG - but you're right :) It's the REST OF THE WORLD that's crazy, not you!!

Here's a hint kiddo - the voices in your head are NOT your friends.

4) Just out of curiosity, have leftists stopped calling the war a genocide now? I haven't been paying much attention to the lies/histrionics. Call me crazy. 

Well you're the one in the commie camp, so you tell us what the leftists are doing comrade :)

And i dont' think anyone needs to call you crazy - it's pretty self evident :)

15 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Awww look at that - the guy who supports the commies is calling me a leftie :) Oh noes - how WILL i cope :)

Does lying to yourself help you sleep at night?

Because it's a lie. I have this funny thing about telling the truth. You wouldn't understand.

Of course it's true, because I said it. You wouldn't understand what that feels like.

I already posted the quotes from Ukraine from as far back as 2002, saying that "joining NATO was a key priority of their foreign policy". I cited a direct quote from Biden in 2009, when he was VPOTUS, talking about the fact that he believed Ukraine could eventually join NATO. He wasn't just there to help his son with his influence-peddling racket. FYI that was before Crimea.

You can't refute that at all, not even 1%, you haven't even tried. You were caught telling blatant lies and you don't even blink. You're 100% leftist all the way.  

You also tried to act like China was as warlike as the US over the past decades, then you provided a list showing that they've only been involved in some anti-terrorism and anti-piracy actions since 1979, when they had a skirmish ?. In addition to being a liar, you're stupid AF. I can't even believe you posted evidence that you were so wrong. (at some point, probably in our lifetimes, we'll find out just how warlike the Chinese are, and it won't be pretty. Just remember they killed more of their own people under Mao than the US killed in all of their wars combined.)

1) I understand that Russia invaded the ukraine without provocation to expand their empire and CLAIMED it was to defeat nazis. 2) You don't understand that nothing that went before that justifies killing children and innocents. And now russia is paying the price.

1) I already proved that was a lie

2) Again with the whole genocide thing lol. You don't even know how stupid you sound when you say that there are 70,000 dead Russian soldiers and only a few thousand Ukrainians one minute and the next minute you claim the Russians are targeting children like it's some kind of genocide.  

Stop with the sandbox insults and just admit that you're a liar and an idjit, Fox.  

Edited by WestCanMan

There's a reason why every single neighbor of Russia will be in the NATO or devoured or fully controlled by it. When your neighbor is a brutal psycho you want the police on your property 24/7. Anybody with a grain of intelligence understands that. Can one have a meaningful intelligent and peaceful conversation with a psycho? Well, the answer is right before our eyes.

OK let's stand up and remember: a psycho broke into the house of an innocent victim; they burned, raped and killed. Then, dismembered. Psycho said they were "provoked" though the only thing they had to do was to keep to their own place.

What "provocations"? What "Biden"? Is the act itself not the answer, what other arguments are needed to the evidence of inhumane, hellish crimes? Of course this is the psycho's, Russia's narrative but really, we have to stay sane here no? There are no arguments that can explain or justify the crimes and evil of this magnitude.

Edited by myata

14 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Of course it's true, because I said it.

Literally your entire argument :)

I already posted the quotes from Ukraine from as far back as 2002, saying that "joining NATO was a key priority of their foreign policy".

But nato was not interested.  And if it's that far back, why didn't russia invade in 2002. So obviously no threat. They didn't even agree to let them in after 2014, when russia took over the crimea in an obviously illegal fashion. Or was that little bit of empire building ALSO 'self defense'?

You also tried to act like China was as warlike as the US over the past decades

Awww, look at you, trying to lie your way out of losing an argument on the internet :)  You remind me of my 9 year old niece trying to lie to get out of something she did.  Except she's grown out of it now. ;)

In fact YOU SPECIFICALLY asked a question ABOUT HOW MANY CONFLICTS THE CHINESE HAD BEEN IN.  I literally posted that precise information, listing all the armed conflicts they had been in without any judgement or commentary as to whether they were 'war like'.  I didn't compare them to the US at all.

Here's a hint in life - if you have to lie to make a point, you probably don't have a very good point.

S0 lets just recap. You're still a commie and defend china and Russia with lies. You're ok with children and innocent people being killed because it's justified given that in 2002 ukraine wanted to join nato and nato said no. Driving tanks and troops across a border without provocation in order to bring down another gov't and expand your empire is "self defense". No russians were killed or injured in the making of this war, and those who claim there have been casualties (including several gov't orgs) are simply repeating CNN talking points.

Uh huh.

Bud, it is so obvious you have no clue what you're talking about that even my niece would be disappointed with how thick you're being. And all you have left is lies it would seem.

Yer done. Keep dancing like a monkey if you like, or if your communist friends are paying you or something, but nobody is going to take you as anything other than cheap entertainment and proof that commie supporters are still out there and as full of shit as they ever were.

You have a great day kiddo ;)

4 hours ago, myata said:

OK let's stand up and remember: a psycho broke into the house of an innocent victim; they burned, raped and killed. Then, dismembered. Psycho said they were "provoked" though the only thing they had to do is to keep to their own place.

What "provocations"? What "Biden"? Is the act itself not the answer, what other arguments are needed to the evidence of inhumane, hellish crimes? Of course this is the psycho's, Russia's narrative but really, we have to stay sane here no? There are no arguments that can explain or justify the crimes and evil of this magnitude.

Apparently the provocation was that Ukraine said they'd like to join nato and nato said no.  Obviously that's grounds for war and totally justifies the slaughter of children and innocent people.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Obviously that's grounds for war and totally justifies the slaughter of children and innocent people.

I'm astounded by the folks here in the Western countries where truth is only a few keystrokes away mindlessly repeating Putin's propaganda like mental zombies. Every single psycho on this planet had been "provoked" by someone or something, this is how being a psycho works.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Literally your entire argument :)

Because everything I said is verified ?

But nato was not interested.  And if it's that far back, why didn't russia invade in 2002. So obviously no threat. They didn't even agree to let them in after 2014, when russia took over the crimea in an obviously illegal fashion. Or was that little bit of empire building ALSO 'self defense'?

If the VPOTUS is saying that NATO is interested, the Ukrainian gov't is saying that NATO is interested, they're having meetings, and the VPOTUS was taking the time to fly to Ukraine so many times to "get rid of corruption there so that they can join NATO", why would Russia sit back and think "This won't happen"? That would be a lot like Neville Chamberlain's policy of appeasement, right Foxy?

Do you think the VPOTUS just wastes his time flying all the way to Ukraine a bunch of times?

Awww, look at you, trying to lie your way out of losing an argument on the internet :)  You remind me of my 9 year old niece trying to lie to get out of something she did.  Except she's grown out of it now. ;)

I see you graduated Pigeon Chess 101. Knocking down the pieces and shitting on the board was probably your best move. Kudos.

In fact YOU SPECIFICALLY asked a question ABOUT HOW MANY CONFLICTS THE CHINESE HAD BEEN IN.  I literally posted that precise information, listing all the armed conflicts they had been in without any judgement or commentary as to whether they were 'war like'.  I didn't compare them to the US at all. 

I correctly stated that the Chinese have not been as warlike as the US in recent decades, you chose to dispute that but then posted info that proved I was correct. Thanks? 

Here's a hint in life - if you have to lie to make a point, you probably don't have a very good point.

Physician, heal thyself.

S0 lets just recap. You're still a commie and defend china and Russia with lies.

Read your comment right above this one.... (FYI a straw man argument counts as a lie)

You're ok with children and innocent people being killed because it's justified given that in 2002 ukraine wanted to join nato and nato said no.

Read the comments above, again.

Driving tanks and troops across a border without provocation in order to bring down another gov't and expand your empire is "self defense".

Provocation abounds.

No russians were killed or injured in the making of this war, and those who claim there have been casualties (including several gov't orgs) are simply repeating CNN talking points.

Another straw man. Yawn.

Bud, it is so obvious you have no clue what you're talking about that even my niece would be disappointed with how thick you're being. And all you have left is lies it would seem.

Note that I'm the one posting all the facts about Biden's comments and serious actions regarding Ukraine joining NATO, Ukraine's comments about joining NATO, and you're still just posting snotty insults, straw man arguments, and lies. 

I proved my points. You're just doing whatever ^that^ is, over and over.

Yer done.

It was quite easy, thank you.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Because everything I said is verified ?

By you. And no one else :) How about that!  Certified imaginary by WestCanMan :)

If the VPOTUS is saying that NATO is interested, the Ukrainian gov't is saying that NATO is interested, they're having meetings, and the VPOTUS was taking the time to fly to Ukraine so many times to "get rid of corruption there so that they can join NATO", why would Russia sit back and think "This won't happen"? That would be a lot like Neville Chamberlain's policy of appeasement, right Foxy?

Nope.  Not right. If they meet and the US says we're not interested then russia would be pretty stupid to think that it's happening. That's how it works.

Do you think the VPOTUS just wastes his time flying all the way to Ukraine a bunch of times?

Sure. Ukraine is important. Talking to them is important. Blowing them off and snubbing them would be stupid.  But that doesn't mean they're going to let them join nato :)

I see you graduated Pigeon Chess 101. Knocking down the pieces and shitting on the board was probably your best move. Kudos.

ROFLMAO - there's no board, just a lobotomy candidate who thinks he knows something when he clearly doesn't.

The ONLY thing you proved is you're a communist who approves of killing children in 'self defense' because biden talked to ukraine once apon a time and said you can't join nato :)

All you're doing at this point is proving to others that putin supporters are horrible people, ukraine is in the right, and that russia had no justification for the war they are now losing.

Feel free to lie to yourself about it tho to help you get to sleep at night :)   Comrade :)

33 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

By you. And no one else :) How about that!  Certified imaginary by WestCanMan :)

By the cites I posted here, proving conclusively that 1) Biden felt like Ukraine could join NATO, that 2) Biden's reason for being in Ukraine so much (aside from influence peddling) was to get rid of corruption in Ukraine so that they could join NATO, and 3) Ukraine's own stated goal of joining NATO LONG BEFORE Crimea was invaded.

You keep acting like I'm lying, but you have no cites to back you. What makes you think that your lies and straw man arguments are somehow "certified"? 

Show me ONE link that somehow proves Biden wasn't actually going to and from Ukraine to prep them for NATO membership? One link that says "There's Russian disinformation on the internet, claiming that Biden was saying that he felt like Ukraine could join NATO back before Crimea was invaded!" And one more link saying "There's Russian disinformation on the internet, claiming that Ukraine was openly stating their intentions to join NATO back before Crimea was invaded!"

You can't, because you're a liar and a fool. Right?

Literally grow up.

Nope.  Not right. If they meet and the US says we're not interested then russia would be pretty stupid to think that it's happening. That's how it works.

That's not true at all. Biden has consistently talked about Ukraine joining NATO (proven by reliable cite). It was his job as VP to prepare Ukraine for NATO membership (proven by reliable cite). At the Turkey peace talks NATO said "We won't rule out allowing Ukraine to join" (proven by reliable cite). Ukraine has been saying for decades that their ultimate goal is to join NATO (proven by reliable cite). 

From Russia's POV, sitting back to wait and see if Ukraine ever joins is "Nevilling up". (Thanks for trying in vain to make a Neville analogy work for you. It works perfectly for me though, higher IQ and all... ?)

I know you don't have it in you to understand what the Russians' POV would be, because you're not a bright man, but FYI Russia shares a border with a dozen countries: Stans, China, NoKo and some NATO countries. There are probably a dozen more countries just a short hop away over a small sea, including the US, Iran, SoKo, Japan, etc. Their geopolitical reality is absolutely nothing like ours, where we only share a land border with one country. We can chill here. And we do. It makes some of us stupid, like leftists for example, who grow up oblivious to the concept of military necessities.

Russians can't just sit back and see if NATO really does swallow up Ukraine. Don't try to understand it, just quote me.

Sure. Ukraine is important. Talking to them is important. Blowing them off and snubbing them would be stupid.  But that doesn't mean they're going to let them join nato :)

Not even you're stupid enough to believe that Ukraine warrants as much attention as Biden gave them. Pence and Trump didn't even go there once, between them, and there was no trouble on the horizon there when Trump was POTUS. Now President Biden talks about the possibility chemical warfare, and even nuclear war. 

How's that election go, hey? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

ROFLMAO - there's no board, just a lobotomy candidate who thinks he knows something when he clearly doesn't.

The ONLY thing you proved is you're a communist who approves of killing children in 'self defense' because biden talked to ukraine once apon a time and said you can't join nato :)

All you're doing at this point is proving to others that putin supporters are horrible people, ukraine is in the right, and that russia had no justification for the war they are now losing.

Feel free to lie to yourself about it tho to help you get to sleep at night :)   Comrade :)

You started off trying to debate like an adult, but once you were backed into a corner, step by step, you eventually just showed your general worth. All you have left is leftist rants. 

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

By the cites I posted here,

You didn't post crap. And what you did post proved that the ukraine wasn't joining nato any time soon.

What you DID prove is that putin supporters are horrible people, ukraine is in the right, and that russia had no justification for the war they are now losing.

And when other people post facts you freak out. GIVE ME SOURCES SHOWING RUSSIAN CASUALTIES.!  - provides him several independant sources -  " Well.... err..... umm... IF YOU BELIEVE THOSE CREDIBLE SOURCES YOUR A FOOL! " (no alternative sources given :) )

CHINA HAS NOT HAD A MILITARY INCIDENT IN YEARS, THEY NEVER ATTACK ANYONE!! HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE THEY ATTACKED? TELL ME! TEEEEEELLLL MEEEE!!! - posts list of chinese military attacks recently and in history. Kindly doesn't mention they're in the middle of a genocide as we speak.  - HOW DAAAAAAAARRREEE YOU BRING UP CHINA'S MILITARY HISTORY!!?!?!?!

See - this is why nobody likes communists.

Putin started a war of conquest - and is currently getting his ass kicked.  You started a dumb fight trying to defend that and likewise got your ass kicked. Thanks for playing kiddo :)

On 2/26/2023 at 1:51 PM, Perspektiv said:

Putin's hold on power, could not survive him losing face in this after the level of loss and humiliation that he has suffered. Of course, this is my opinion, but am basing it on the heavy handed pressure he is getting to use more force.

I wouldn't expect Putin to be overthrown

most of the Siloviki are weak cronies

the only formidable one is Patrushev, and he's Putin's mentor, and I don't think he wants to be the boss

Navalny is the only other man who has the political capital to govern,

and they've got him locked away in the GULAG

moreover, most Russians accept Putin's justification for war

that this is an attack by the Americans to destroy Russia

so they are in hunker down mode

I would prepare for the long war;  Cold War II

9 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

Unfortunately. Gauging by the wests lack of tolerance for death, it may feel pressure to negotiate once Putin manages to dramatically increase the death toll.

it is actually in NATO's interests for Putin to destroy Ukraine

as that will be a Pyrrhic victory for the Kremlin

moreover, NATO is not suffering any casualties at all, the Ukrainians are taking the punishment for us

thus we will fight to the last Ukrainian, ruthlessly

Edited by Dougie93