Fat Trudeau becomes unglued when a Canadian doesn't support his corrupt war in Ukraine

West

7 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

it is more that the already unravelling global economy is inciting war on the existing fault lines

the global economy already collapsed in 2008

tho the Fed has been able to prop things up in the near term by exponential money printing

the damage is already done, the Kremlin & Beijing are suffering the effects of unplanned de-Globalization

making them ever more desperately aggressive, even reckless, as their grip on power at home is threatened

You're saying Russia and China want war to solidify their leadership?

7 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Yes, and I stand by what I said.

I did not say I agree with your statement of " So...it is a war of convenience? " although I would not argue the statement. It does have merit.

Does the war help the world economy? Probably not but certainly does not hurt the economies of the countries helping Ukraine. (Canada excepted as we do not manufacture, we buy form elsewhere and give to Ukraine)

I did give reasons.

Interesting. 

So...it's OK to have a war, as long as it helps our economy,  and is not fought here?

7 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

the opposite of that

a war of inconvenience

as the technological dislocation of American superiority drives the Russians to desperation

the Soviets could barely keep up with America

the Russians have no chance of maintaining parity with America

the Russians are falling behind at an accelerating pace

the American Military Industrial Complex is unassailable

so the Russians are getting desperate, inciting them into ever more desperate measures

the Russian defences have always been vastly overrated

in actual fact, America could execute a counterforce against them, and they would never see it coming

the Russian options therein, are either to capitulate, or escalate to force the Americans to negotiate

so far tho, the Russian escalation has backfired,

since they cannot leverage America by a land war in Ukraine

quite the opposite, it is a quagmire to America's advantage

You would wage a war in order to manage a stalemate until your foe runs out of bullets? And what happens when China throws in behind Russia...which they've done...

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

What I didn't say was that it was a war of convenience. It does have coincidental advantages for some countries though.

So it's not a war of convenience, it's just a convenient war.

You probably can't see this, but i'm totally flipping you the bird right now.  :)

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

I have said that munitions plants are now in full production to replenish the stock the US has government away. The US gave away a lot of what will be time expired stock so, it needs new stuff.

I think all the militaries are in the same boat. Except england who probably still has ww2 artillery shells kicking around.

But then you almost have to ask if from the us and allies perspective if this even is a war.  THey've got nobody fighting, their stuff isn't being damaged, as far as they're concerned it's really just an arms deal with some extensive live fire exercises.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

That's been an argument since the beginning.

Really? I think you're just fibbing a bit here. All anyone sees is...

"We have to defend Democracy and besides...he's coming here next"

Ya...I'm-a-gonna have t' call complete BS to that.

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Really? I think you're just fibbing a bit here.

Nope. But i can see how it's important to your echo chamber for you to hold that sentiment.

12 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

All anyone sees is...

If all one watches is cbc maybe. 

Well - lets do a quick search - OH LOOK - NUMBER TWO on the returns - Top 5 reasons to support ukraine!

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/top-5-reasons-america-must-support-ukraine-help-defeat-russia

And that's from FOX - you'd think they'd be really pushing the whole 'defend democracy" thing but that didn't even make their LIST!! And this is from december last year!

What IS on their list?!?! Degrade russia.  ohhh what a surprise. Imagine that.

But wait... wait, maybe that wasn't the original reason for going. Lets look at what experts said BEFORE the conflict started

https://www.kxan.com/news/international/why-does-the-us-care-so-much-about-ukraine-ut-experts-break-down-the-conflict-with-russia/

Ohhhh - he would send weapons to help solidify the fact that terratorial issues should be negotiated not fought in a war and to send a message to places like China!!!! OHHHHhhhhh - funny enough i don't see "democracy" in there as a main reason.

The NYT also said similar things and noted why it's critical to help ukraine including nuclear weapon deployment close to nato countries if it falls as well as food and economic interests and notes it's NOT a big push for democracy to say so.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/28/america-must-defend-ukraine-from-russian-invasion-for-3-reasons/

Ok ok - that covers BEGINING and END - but what about the middle?

https://www.csis.org/analysis/united-states-aid-ukraine-investment-whose-benefits-greatly-exceed-its-cost

Ohhh look.  They talk about the benefits the us is getting from TESTING THEIR WEAPONS AND TACTICS. HOw this is STRATEGICALLY IMPORTANT for nato allies.  etc etc.  What they don't talk about is defending democracy in the Ukraine.

I could post 100 more articles all discussing the same points and NOT 'defendind ukrainian democracy".

So what it boils down to you you're the one full of shit.  You clearly have your head up your ass and decided to call someone else out without doing a single drop of research and now you look like a complete dolt.

Back to your cartoons kid, the adults are talking here.

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

NOT "defending U̷k̷r̷a̷i̷n̷i̷a̷n̷ democracy".

Simpler and to the point. What world would we be heading into if Putins, Xis big and smaller of every size and caliber are allowed to have their way with the neighbors, at will?

How long would the little NATO umbrella last in that world?

And we will have the famous "charter" only for victims of the aggression. This is at stake in Ukraine.

10 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Interesting. 

So...it's OK to have a war, as long as it helps our economy,  and is not fought here?

Maybe OK for you?

I said the war is good for the countries that are helping Ukraine with their manufacture of munitions.

We don't manufacture so, it does not help our economy.

Face the facts, war is always an economic boon for any country that manufactures munitions and equipment. Be it during WWI or today and all conflicts in between.

Is it OK? That opinion up to you.

Edited by ExFlyer

10 hours ago, CdnFox said:

So it's not a war of convenience, it's just a convenient war.

You probably can't see this, but i'm totally flipping you the bird right now.  :)

I think all the militaries are in the same boat. Except england who probably still has ww2 artillery shells kicking around.

But then you almost have to ask if from the us and allies perspective if this even is a war.  THey've got nobody fighting, their stuff isn't being damaged, as far as they're concerned it's really just an arms deal with some extensive live fire exercises.

Well, flip your bird. It does nothing and proves even less.

There is nothing incorrect about what I said. Just because you don't like it, does not make it wrong. :)

You don't have to be on the front to be in the war. Clearly NATO and European Union countries are fully immersed in the war in the Ukraine. They could not care less about your bird or any other animal you want to flip.

10 hours ago, Nationalist said:

You would wage a war in order to manage a stalemate until your foe runs out of bullets? And what happens when China throws in behind Russia...which they've done...

I think NATO has to respond to Russia launching into a massive war of annihilation in central Europe

I think NATO's objectives are sound, which is to let the Russians exhaust themselves in a quagmire

bringing about a ceasefire therein, likely somewhere along the 2014 status quo line

in terms of China, I think China is saddled with Russia

I don't think this war is in China's interests at all

10 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Nope. But i can see how it's important to your echo chamber for you to hold that sentiment.

If all one watches is cbc maybe. 

Well - lets do a quick search - OH LOOK - NUMBER TWO on the returns - Top 5 reasons to support ukraine!

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/top-5-reasons-america-must-support-ukraine-help-defeat-russia

And that's from FOX - you'd think they'd be really pushing the whole 'defend democracy" thing but that didn't even make their LIST!! And this is from december last year!

What IS on their list?!?! Degrade russia.  ohhh what a surprise. Imagine that.

But wait... wait, maybe that wasn't the original reason for going. Lets look at what experts said BEFORE the conflict started

https://www.kxan.com/news/international/why-does-the-us-care-so-much-about-ukraine-ut-experts-break-down-the-conflict-with-russia/

Ohhhh - he would send weapons to help solidify the fact that terratorial issues should be negotiated not fought in a war and to send a message to places like China!!!! OHHHHhhhhh - funny enough i don't see "democracy" in there as a main reason.

The NYT also said similar things and noted why it's critical to help ukraine including nuclear weapon deployment close to nato countries if it falls as well as food and economic interests and notes it's NOT a big push for democracy to say so.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/28/america-must-defend-ukraine-from-russian-invasion-for-3-reasons/

Ok ok - that covers BEGINING and END - but what about the middle?

https://www.csis.org/analysis/united-states-aid-ukraine-investment-whose-benefits-greatly-exceed-its-cost

Ohhh look.  They talk about the benefits the us is getting from TESTING THEIR WEAPONS AND TACTICS. HOw this is STRATEGICALLY IMPORTANT for nato allies.  etc etc.  What they don't talk about is defending democracy in the Ukraine.

I could post 100 more articles all discussing the same points and NOT 'defendind ukrainian democracy".

So what it boils down to you you're the one full of shit.  You clearly have your head up your ass and decided to call someone else out without doing a single drop of research and now you look like a complete dolt.

Back to your cartoons kid, the adults are talking here.

https://ukrainer.net/nato-need-ukraine/

That's from a Ukraine paper. It doesn't mention making their land a testing ground for weapons.

Here's another article...

https://theconversation.com/whats-nato-and-why-does-ukraine-want-to-join-175821

Oh wait. It doesn't mention war as an economic tool or as a testing ground.

Here's one from the US Department of Defense. 

https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/3298480/stoltenberg-explains-why-support-to-ukraine-still-matters/

Oops...no mention of economic benefits of war, or that Ukraine is a good testing ground for munitions here. 

So...since you've now decided to up your game by lowering your standards to name calling, allow me to take the high ground and simply postulate...

Your son goes to war in Ukraine. 2 days before his tour is done, he's blown up but survives with a lost leg, burned completely and has brain damage. He comes home and requires round the clock care. He recognizes you and his mother and gleefully smiles at you both, while drooling down the front of his face constantly. And you can pat you crispy fried kid on the chared head, while you and your loving wife tell him...and yourselves...

"We're proud of you son. We have a better economy and we know our new guns work...and all it cost us was...you."

Oh your wife would be so happy...don't ya think?

Edited by Nationalist

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I think NATO has to respond to Russia launching into a massive war of annihilation in central Europe

I think NATO's objectives are sound, which is to let the Russians exhaust themselves in a quagmire

bringing about a ceasefire therein, likely somewhere along the 2014 status quo line

in terms of China, I think China is saddled with Russia

I don't think this war is in China's interests at all

Massive war of annihilation in Central Europe? I see 1 nation that is not a NATO member, having a quarter of it cut out by Russia. Central Europe and its NATO nations are at peace.

You people are making a massive mistake. 

34 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Maybe OK for you?

I said the war is good for the countries that are helping Ukraine with their manufacture of munitions.

We don't manufacture so, it does not help our economy.

Face the facts, war is always an economic boon for any country that manufactures munitions and equipment. Be it during WWI or today and all conflicts in between.

Is it OK? That opinion up to you.

Nice side step. Unfortunately that opinion or explanation...is yours...not mine.

3 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I think you are a military FAKE troll which uses the CAF name to push an image.

I am close, "DOUGIE 93", neo nazi scum (this is satire and based on your posts).

How pathetic. 

If you're gonna accuse someone of BS...at least have the spine to go all in.

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Massive war of annihilation in Central Europe? I see 1 nation that is not a NATO member, having a quarter of it cut out by Russia. Central Europe and its NATO nations are at peace.

You people are making a massive mistake. 

I am not doing anything, I have no say in the matter

but NATO's mandate is not limited to defending Article V

NATO does not have to wait until it is attacked, in order to respond to a threat

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I am not doing anything, I have no say in the matter

but NATO's mandate is not limited to defending Article V

NATO does not have to wait until it is attacked, in order to respond to a threat

I saw how well that worked out in Iran...and Vietnam.

Shall we go for strike 3?

9 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

I think you are a military FAKE troll which uses the CAF name to push an image.

I am close, "DOUGIE 93", neo nazi scum (this is satire and based on your posts).

I've said I am retired, I've never claimed  to speak on behalf of the CAF

none the less, CAF policy is that any service member is within their rights to speak of their own experiences

I'm not trolling you, you are trolling me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Yes, troll one, stop listening to FAKE military on the internet and liking FSB communist content and you'll find your way.

Until them, you are like them: FAKE and a coward.

A coward? Would you like to experience my "cowardice" in person?

Why don't you just run along and play with your friends...before you dig in so deep you regret it?

Edited by Nationalist