The justice system failed again in the murder of a police officer the other day in Ontario

Just now, I am Groot said:

Where does this nonsense theme keep coming from? Canada is NOT going to lead. Other countries have been leading for decades now. There's no chance we'll catch up to them. There's no chance we'll even equal them. That you don't know about them just indicates how little attention is being paid to 'leaders' on climate change. No one in China or Russia, or India, for that matter, Texas, is going around saying "Man, those Norwegians are really impressing me with their climate change leadership. We should follow them!"

Western nations have been leading. Where you been? They've spent hundreds of billions of dollars so far. 

But guess what? Hundreds of coal plants are still going up. 

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

“This is off topic” says the person who brought up the off topic conversation in the first place!  ? 

I apologize for laughing, if you have some sort of impairment like Alzheimer’s, or memory loss due to being hit in the head.   

You started talking about the environment at 9:10AM yesterday morning, Jan. 4.    I only mentioned Quebec to show they are more interested in the environment and climate change than the criminal laws concerning bail.

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

“This is off topic” says the person who brought up the off topic conversation in the first place!  ? 

I apologize for laughing, if you have some sort of impairment like Alzheimer’s, or memory loss due to being hit in the head.   

Insulting people just shows your lack of ability to converse rationally.

16 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You started talking about the environment at 9:10AM yesterday morning, Jan. 4.    I only mentioned Quebec to show they are more interested in the environment and climate change than the criminal laws concerning bail.

So…. You mentioned environmental issues and I responded. 

Thanks for confirming who decided to take the thread “off topic”. 

Edited by TreeBeard

7 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Then why'd you talk about Blackbird's religious beliefs, or goofily equate those to the reality of climate change?  ?

No, Treebeard stated a fact and your response to it was stupid.  Whether or not anyone's doing enough to halt/reverse climate change is irrelevant to the fact that climate change is real.  There's nothing contradictory or hypocritical about understanding that.  This whole line of reasoning you insist on repeating is utter nonsense.  

There are kernels of good logic in your ranting about climate change, but you're missing them and focusing on the wrong ones.  Calm the hell down and think before you post.  You're not dumb, and you could save yourself the trouble of typing out a longwinded emotional walls of text nobody is going to read.  

Once again, i did not mention or say anything about Black birds religious beliefs, you must have not understood what was written...try again...

Stupid to you perhaps, but it sure sounds like the both of you support the liberals current climate change policy, what is stupid is it has failed 3 times, not sure how many more times it has to fail to change your minds. and will fail another if Canadians don't vote for another plan. Saying you support climate change or atleast acknowledge it, is only half the fight... and if your not doing your personal part, then your doing as much as Black bird is...nothing....

And to support or stand up for the liberals polices is hypocritical or to use your words stupid... acknowledging climate change and sitting on the couch and doing nothing about it means squat.

i acknowledge climate change, big deal, but i have also put solar on my house, use heat pumps, and pellet stoves, electric efficient appliances,  i do however use a 3/4 ton diesel truck to work with. I'm not looking for a pat on the back million of Canadians have done the same thing, my entire point is just saying you believe in climate change means nothing, it starts with your actions, and supporting a party that is going to do something different. Supporting a party that has failed 3 times already is stupid...

but i also acknowledge that regardless of any national policies and targets we set  none of them will do anything of substance, and will do nothing to solve this climate change which is GLOBAL

Hurting our economy or sacrificing anything at this time is all for naught, until the entire planet gets on board, we are not accomplishing anything, might as well restart our fossil fuel economy, put in the infra structure to export our fossil fuels and LP which is better than coal, it will be decades before the other nations get on board with climate change. 

On 1/4/2023 at 9:01 PM, TreeBeard said:

I never said there was currently the political will. There will need to be eventually though. 

Not as long as the liberal party remains in power, if you want change then it is time to change the government and if it does not work elect another...But change starts with you...  

6 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

I’ve never defended our nation’s effort on climate change.  Frankly, it has been a joke.  The Liberals have done absolutely nothing to address the problem.  That’s why it has been a failure.  Much more needs to be done.   

The Liberals have been no better than what the Conservatives would be, except they don’t deny that there’s a problem.  They just lie about doing something about it. 

So let me get this straight, liberal polices are a joke, your already stated your not voting for PP, then it must be NDP, which even i will admit is a better policy than the liberals, but it gets canceled out with all the other leftist crap on their platform...That and they stand no chance of forming government...which is a wasted vote, if your looking for change. 

How can you say the conservative platform is no better, has the experts in the field done a comparison, have we atleast tried it, Conservatives in charge have stated climate change is real, and they do have a plan of attack, and yes it is much different than the liberals which i think we can all agree is for the better, as it has failed 3 times already. 

Lets talk for a second about lying, the liberals climate change package is all based on lies, carbon pricing was guaranteed to be fixed at 50 cents a ton... it will never go over that mark, according to climate Barbie...each climate change try has promised something else all have failed, and come spring we will see it all triple. Not to mention all the other lies the liberals have told on just about every topic they have presented. 

There are climate deniers every where, including some liberal supporters, but they are not the ones making policy or promises.   

6 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

Belief that the science is true has to be the first step in fixing the problem.  Denying facts leads to bad decisions.  Is that a radical concept?  Do you agree with that?

What if people didn’t believe that there was acid rain?  Do you think the problem of acid rain would have been fixed if those charged with fixing problems denied the scientific facts?

Yes i do agree, but listen for a second, the same can be said for encouraging bad policy decisions like the liberals climate polices, supporting them does just that. they have failed 3 times now, and in the spring we will be on our forth...

We as a nation will continue to bash our heads on the concrete hoping the 4 th time is the charm.  i mean instead of giving back all those taxes collect at the pumps lets invest them into the s*it ton of green technologies out there. That would be a good change hoping we would discover the next energy source, atleast there would be hope of something maybe , right now it is just a circle. i pay them , they pay me... and chanting we are doing our part... but the Un says we are part of the problem, a major part, ranking in 39 in world rankings in one front of Russia and behind one china....thats embarrassing , but typical Canadian effort.  

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Once again, i did not mention or say anything about Black birds religious beliefs, you must have not understood what was written...try again...

Fair enough.  It was probably because you were talking about "beliefs" and it was blackbird we're talking about here, and you have spoken up for his religious beliefs before.  

Stupid to you perhaps, but it sure sounds like the both of you support the liberals current climate change policy

Can you show me where I said that, or anything even remotely resembling that, or are you just making up things to argue against?  

So let me get this straight, liberal polices are a joke, your already stated your not voting for PP, then it must be NDP, which even i will admit is a better policy than the liberals, but it gets canceled out with all the other leftist crap on their platform...That and they stand no chance of forming government...which is a wasted vote, if your looking for change. 

I've voted Conservative in every single election (provincial and federal) for my entire life except for twice, and I would vote NDP before PP even sniffed my vote.  I went to university with worms like him, and his sort of angry, ignorant populism isn't going to appeal to any of the voters he actually needs to win.  He'll play great with all of the bi**chers and moaners with the F*CK TRUDEAU bumper stickers, but moderates hate him, and women hate him even more.  

If anyone could give Trudeau the next election, it was going to be him.  Great job Conservative Party.  ?

• Like 1

A cop gets murdered by a repeat offender and Libbies turn this into a never ending lecture about the new religion...climate change.

Our legal system is warped. Pixie-Dust and his following of assorted vegetation, think further restrictions on guns is the answer. It is not.

The vast majority of gun violence is done by people we used to call "criminals". Today we coddle these former "criminals" and tell ourselves we're being understanding of the horrible and racist conditions these former "criminals" have grown up in.

So...we virtue signal, let dangerous "criminals" out into public, pat ourselves on the back for being...understanding...and cops get killed, innocent citizens get killed.

If Canadians really want to lower gun violence and crime in general, we would fund the police properly, take off the restrictions we've imposed, and let them go round up all the "criminals". Then we tell our limp justice system to lock these "criminals" up and throw away the key.

But alas...Canada is in the grips of a little girl and her holier-than-thou following who would rather punish law abiding citizens...rather than deal with humans formerly known as "criminals".

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

A cop gets murdered by a repeat offender and Libbies turn this into a never ending lecture about the new religion...climate change.

Our legal system is warped. Pixie-Dust and his following of assorted vegetation, think further restrictions on guns is the answer. It is not.

The vast majority of gun violence is done by people we used to call "criminals". Today we coddle these former "criminals" and tell ourselves we're being understanding of the horrible and racist conditions these former "criminals" have grown up in.

So...we virtue signal, let dangerous "criminals" out into public, pat ourselves on the back for being...understanding...and cops get killed, innocent citizens get killed.

If Canadians really want to lower gun violence and crime in general, we would fund the police properly, take off the restrictions we've imposed, and let them go round up all the "criminals". Then we tell our limp justice system to lock these "criminals" up and throw away the key.

But alas...Canada is in the grips of a little girl and her holier-than-thou following who would rather punish law abiding citizens...rather than deal with humans formerly known as "criminals".

Sadly, Constable Pierzchala, the OPP officer, is not the first to allegedly be murdered by a violent offender set free.   He was murdered on Dec. 27, two days after Christmas.  What has Trudeau or the Liberal justice minister said about this since then?   If the matter had been a terrorist attack on a mosque with some Muslim victims, you can be sure Trudeau would have had lots to say.

"Justin Trudeau’s catch-and-release policy for violent repeat offenders is responsible for the December 27, 2022, murder of Ontario Provincial Police Constable Grzegorz Pierzchala.

“Needless to say, the murder of Const. Greg Pierzchala was preventable,” said OPP Commissioner Thomas Carrique. “This should have never happened. Something needs to change. Our police officers, your police officers, my police officers, the public deserve to be safeguarded against violent offenders who are charged with firearms-related offences.”  Trudeau Policy Responsible for Murder of OPP Rookie (cssa-cila.org)

I heard the justice minister talking about the new gun law, but I did not hear him say anything about the bail or parole system laws.  Politicians of all stripes seem strangely reluctant to speak out and demand action.  What is the matter with them?  I think Premier Ford said something about it needs to change, but he attended the funeral or memorial service for the slain officer and that would have been a very good time, after the service to speak to the media and demand action from the Trudeau government.  

We hear the Trudeau government is now talking about new steps to fight climate change, something called "just transition" which should greatly concern Canadians.  Whenever they come out with a catch phrase like "just transition", be concerned, very concerned.  This sounds like another diversion away from the real problems with the health care system crisis, cost of living, housing crisis, and the failed justice system.  They are trying to get Canadians attention away from the real issues and focused on the fake issue of climate change.  It is fake because man cannot control the climate.  We need to first protect Canadians from dangerous criminals who are being given the revolving door. 

Same thing happened in Saskatchewan in September when twelve people on the Cree Nation were stabbed to death and eighteen more injured.  This was done by someone who should never have been released.  Yet even last night I heard more news about some changes in the justice system in B.C. to keep aboriginals out of jail, give them more consideration for bail and release.  Imagine!  Just after Constable Pierzchala was murdered they have the nerve to change the system and make it even more easy to release offenders without saying a word about the serious problem of catch and release of dangerous offenders. 

The reason there are a larger proportion of aboriginals behind bars in the first place is because they committed more criminal acts and many are violent and dangerous offenders.  But the liberal ideology is to treat them with kid gloves and release them to some kind of healing lodge or to their elders for some kind of smudging ceremony or cultural teaching to get rid of the evil spirits.  It has repeatedly proven to not work.  This is simply an attempt to garner votes from the masses of woke progressives who have no conscience or understanding of the real world of violent offenders.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

idiotblackbird.thumb.png.66f82ff935a94bba0d04276e894a0e41.png

Spongebob Stupid GIFs | Tenor

I mentioned Quebec's obsession with climate change or environmentalism in the context of their ignoring the failed justice system and the failed bail system.  They should be more concerned about the failed soft-on-crime of the liberals.  They are the ones that vote heavily federal Liberals.  You are being dishonest there.  That is not changing the topic.  It was part of the topic.

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

The problem isn't so much arresting people, It's what happens after they are arrested. Little or nothing.

Especially if they can claim membership in a preferred identity group. Given that the preferred identity groups tend to be the ones who commit the most violent crime. For example, 40% of homicides in Canada are committed by natives. So now the judicial system bends over backwards to give them the lightest possible sentences. Of course, society pays for this but no part of society pays more than the natives who are usually the victims of these violent offenders. Witness the crazed native who killed a dozen people earlier in the summer, who ought to have been in prison.

Now we have the BC appeals court coming out with an even more generous interpretation of the race-based laws. A man with 30 previous convictions who brutally stabbed a man and slashed his throat in an unprovoked attack received the ridiculously light sentence of 5 years in prison. But it seems he now realizes he's metis, so the appeals court says his sentence has to be reduced by a year.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-bc-top-court-broadens-sentencing-law-aimed-at-reducing-indigenous/

Edited by I am Groot

11 hours ago, Moonbox said:

Fair enough.  It was probably because you were talking about "beliefs" and it was blackbird we're talking about here, and you have spoken up for his religious beliefs before.  

Can you show me where I said that, or anything even remotely resembling that, or are you just making up things to argue against?  

I've voted Conservative in every single election (provincial and federal) for my entire life except for twice, and I would vote NDP before PP even sniffed my vote.  I went to university with worms like him, and his sort of angry, ignorant populism isn't going to appeal to any of the voters he actually needs to win.  He'll play great with all of the bi**chers and moaners with the F*CK TRUDEAU bumper stickers, but moderates hate him, and women hate him even more.  

If anyone could give Trudeau the next election, it was going to be him.  Great job Conservative Party.  ?

Yes i have spoken up, black birds right to speak about his religion, it is protected by our constitution, and yet some how he mange's to find an audience that responds. 

Read your posts, not just this one but all posts on climate change, and tell me where they steer the reader, you have said Conservatives don't have a plan or do not believe in climate change...and more than once you have said atleast they the Liberal have a plan, or carbon pricing is working. I do not peg you as a green or NDP so those policies are out...leaving support for the liberal polices... 

Your vote , do with it what you want, i don't understand it, but hey your vote. Once PP gets into office he will have to come back to earth and reality, every politician does that looks to scoop up votes where every they can get them, on the fringe where Mad max hangs out, well those votes are basically free and PP needs them. I don't care to much for the guy either, but then again i would vote for your pet hamster to get Justin out of office. 

As for votes he needs to win, well thats not what the polls are showing, he has made massive gains in Ontario, and Atlantic Canada were he leads liberals by a large margin, and with the women voters he is tied... and we have not even started the election cycle yet. So not everything is lost just yet...National polls still put in in the lead with 34 % 

As for the F**K Trudeau flags and stickers can you really blame those people, he is the worst PM in our recent history, he administration have lied and deceived Canadians and the world on just about every issue, and i think everyone is tired of his leadership and are ready for a change... change that should have happen last election...

And if he does not work out , then in 4 years he gets replaced... 

51 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I mentioned Quebec's obsession with climate change or environmentalism in the context of their ignoring the failed justice system and the failed bail system.  They should be more concerned about the failed soft-on-crime of the liberals.  They are the ones that vote heavily federal Liberals.  You are being dishonest there.  That is not changing the topic.  It was part of the topic.

You brought up the environment in your thread and made it part of the topic.  Thanks for acknowledging that. 

Edited by TreeBeard

3 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

I’m not saying that’s what Canada is, or will ever be.  But it seems to me, that’s the direction you’d like Canada to go.  Most people say “No thanks”. 

Gee...so you think law and order would be opposed by Canadians?

An interesting idea...