The justice system failed again in the murder of a police officer the other day in Ontario

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

I mentioned Quebec's obsession with climate change or environmentalism in the context of their ignoring the failed justice system and the failed bail system.  They should be more concerned about the failed soft-on-crime of the liberals.  They are the ones that vote heavily federal Liberals.  You are being dishonest there.  That is not changing the topic.  It was part of the topic.

I'm not being dishonest.  You're being dopey.  You brought up climate change.  However you figure it related to the topic, you brought it up.  Wondering why you got responses and conversation on that after bringing it up yourself is a giant facepalm.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Regardless, “rounding them up and throwing away the key” is a totalitarian concept.  Canada will have none of it.  Maybe think of realistic ideas, rather than knee jerk emotional ones?

Oh for Gawd's sake...put ur pants on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Yes i have spoken up, black birds right to speak about his religion, it is protected by our constitution, and yet some how he mange's to find an audience that responds. 

Blackbird has a right to practice and speak about his religion, and so do adherents to the flying spaghetti monster.  That doesn't mean anyone is required to listen, or that they need to politely nod their head when he devolves a secular debate into a question of theology...over and over again.  

Read your posts, not just this one but all posts on climate change, and tell me where they steer the reader, you have said Conservatives don't have a plan or do not believe in climate change...and more than once you have said atleast they the Liberal have a plan, or carbon pricing is working. 

I'm pretty sure I never said carbon pricing is working, and I've definitely said that carbon offsets are a scam.  You steer yourself where you want to go when you read here.  

I don't care to much for the guy either, but then again i would vote for your pet hamster to get Justin out of office. 

I have a beagle, and she might be better than Trudeau, but Pierre Poilevre isn't.  

As for votes he needs to win, well thats not what the polls are showing, he has made massive gains in Ontario, and Atlantic Canada were he leads liberals by a large margin, and with the women voters he is tied... and we have not even started the election cycle yet. So not everything is lost just yet...National polls still put in in the lead with 34 % 

What polls are those?  The last I read was in December, and he was historically unpopular for new conservative leaders.

https://angusreid.org/justin-trudeau-pierre-poilievre-inflation-health-care/

Whether or not the Conservatives are doing okay in the polls is another matter, but how poor of an impression PP has made so far, the party's polling gains are in spite of him, rather than because of him. 

As for the F**K Trudeau flags and stickers can you really blame those people, he is the worst PM in our recent history, he administration have lied and deceived Canadians and the world on just about every issue, and i think everyone is tired of his leadership and are ready for a change... change that should have happen last election...

The F*ck Trudeau stickers and flags are retarded - the symbol of angry, ignorant children who can't communicate like big boys/girls.  Trudeau may be the worst PM we've ever had (I'd say his dad is the only contender for worse), but that doesn't mean we can't follow the Americans down the path of incoherent rage and lead ourselves into the abyss like they did.  Pierre Poilievre so far has nothing but amplify this stupidity, and I'll vote for the hamster before I vote for what he's so far offered.   

9 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Blackbird has a right to practice and speak about his religion, and so do adherents to the flying spaghetti monster.  That doesn't mean anyone is required to listen, or that they need to politely nod their head when he devolves a secular debate into a question of theology...over and over again.  

I'm pretty sure I never said carbon pricing is working, and I've definitely said that carbon offsets are a scam.  You steer yourself where you want to go when you read here.  

I have a beagle, and she might be better than Trudeau, but Pierre Poilevre isn't.  

What polls are those?  The last I read was in December, and he was historically unpopular for new conservative leaders.

Whether or not the Conservatives are doing okay in the polls is another matter, but how poor of an impression PP has made so far, the party's polling gains are in spite of him, rather than because of him. 

The F*ck Trudeau stickers and flags are retarded - the symbol of angry, ignorant children who can't communicate like big boys/girls.  Trudeau may be the worst PM we've ever had (I'd say his dad is the only contender for worse), but that doesn't mean we can't follow the Americans down the path of incoherent rage and lead ourselves into the abyss like they did.  Pierre Poilievre so far has nothing but amplify this stupidity, and I'll vote for the hamster before I vote for what he's so far offered.   

*giggle*

You Libbies are really concerned with Pierre eh?

Good. Ur at least awake. 

Edited by Nationalist

On 1/6/2023 at 1:15 PM, TreeBeard said:

Regardless, “rounding them up and throwing away the key” is a totalitarian concept.  Canada will have none of it.  Maybe think of realistic ideas, rather than knee jerk emotional ones?

Canada will have none of it, which is why we have criminals with thirty, forty, fifty, even a hundred convictions roaming the streets hurting people, stealing anything not nailed down (and some stuff that is) and generally making life worse for all the rest of us. At some point in time we need to come to terms with a new designation for career criminals and stop rotating them through the ludicrously liberal revolving door of injustice.

Criminologists, of all people, have been spotted actually pleading for longer prison sentences — an extraordinary, even shocking sign of systemic dysfunction in crime prevention.

What the Vancouver police are really saying by mentioning an accused crook’s 115-plus convictions en passant is: we’re losing the damn war out here and the judges are on the opposite side. I know the courts won’t tolerate anything that savours of mandatory minimums, but maybe we could at some point consider a 100-strikes-and-you’re-out law?

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/colby-cosh-what-a-gallery-heist-says-about-our-justice-system

On 1/6/2023 at 3:00 PM, Moonbox said:

The F*ck Trudeau stickers and flags are retarded - the symbol of angry, ignorant children who can't communicate like big boys/girls. Trudeau may be the worst PM we've ever had (I'd say his dad is the only contender for worse), but that doesn't mean we can't follow the Americans down the path of incoherent rage and lead ourselves into the abyss like they did.  Pierre Poilievre so far has nothing but amplify this stupidity, and I'll vote for the hamster before I vote for what he's so far offered.   

Your a smart guy I'm sure you'll figure it out, until then place him on the ignore list, maybe just skip over his posts or stop feeding the trolls. Not sure why YOU have this uncontrollably urge to get involved in his conversations, or topics, is this really about him or your urges...

I'm not doing any steering thats all you, i just read, i may have gotten it all wrong it has happen before, but i can tell you this, for a conservative you have not painted their plans in a good light, and i'm sure some that your not a big green or NDP plan guy, which leaves the liberals which you have said repeatedly at least they have a plan... did you end up in the same place as me...

Ok it's settled then we vote for the beagle. 

Sept polls done by the global, I get it they are a bit old, but now of the new polls list Ontario's numbers in them, I can't find the poll that i read on MSN a couple of days ago, which listed almost the same info but for Jan, it also listed Atlantic Canada. 

Poilievre overtakes Trudeau as leader seen as best choice for prime minister: poll - National | Globalnews.ca

FOUND NEW LINK, THIS ONE DATED IN DEC

In The News for Dec. 14: New poll shows Tories retaining lead over Liberals (msn.com)

Either or, they are PP numbers in the end, and once all the election promises (lies) come out maybe the divide will grow... and if not we hand Justin another election, and learn to live with our mistakes. 

It seems to me they are getting their point across, pretty clearly... they are angry...no doubt about that, would you say that was a form of expression, freedom of speech, poor or not it is a right guaranteed by our constitution. no where does it say in the constitution you have to like it. i think your being a little judgmental myself. Not sure how any Canadians can be happy with how the Liberal government has been operating with all the lies and deception they bring to the table, that does not make you mad...and if not why not? 

Why do we feel they need to compare or draw similarities between Canadian politics and the US. Not even the same animal, we have nothing in common. The rage comes when all sides have shut down conversation, and no one is listening, the right is just as guilty of putting up walls... and once they go up all that is left is anger...and in this country we are about as divided as it has ever been...

People are really tired of Justin, it is time for a change, and we are not ready for a NDP PM at this time, kind of leaves little choices does it not. But hey it is your vote, do with it as you please. 

Edited by Army Guy

These crappy stories of our ridiculous injustice system are coming so fast and furious it's hard to even keep up.

This is a guy arrested for attempted murder while out on bail for ... attempted murder. He was also wanted at the time by another police service for... attempted murder AND MURDER. He actually succeeded that time! What a trooper! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

https://www.peelpolice.ca//modules/news/index.aspx?newsId=4d55a4f4-3c98-4e2c-af8b-286fd0182c81&lang=en

On 1/7/2023 at 4:56 PM, Army Guy said:

Your a smart guy I'm sure you'll figure it out, until then place him on the ignore list, maybe just skip over his posts or stop feeding the trolls. Not sure why YOU have this uncontrollably urge to get involved in his conversations, or topics, is this really about him or your urges...

Yes yes, I can always move on without commenting - sort of like could have here too right?  ?

I'm not doing any steering thats all you, i just read, i may have gotten it all wrong it has happen before, but i can tell you this, for a conservative you have not painted their plans in a good light

Because their plans sucked.  The 2021 Conservative environmental platform was a joke.  There's no contradiction in disliking one option, and liking a stupider alternative even less. 

Sept polls done by the global, I get it they are a bit old, but now of the new polls list Ontario's numbers in them, I can't find the poll that i read on MSN a couple of days ago, which listed almost the same info but for Jan, it also listed Atlantic Canada. 

Poilievre overtakes Trudeau as leader seen as best choice for prime minister: poll - National | Globalnews.ca

September was a long time ago.  Since then Trudeau is up (don't know why), and PP is down, as evidenced by the Dec 19 poll.  

Again, it's earlier, and it's also showing the Tories are down (along with the Liberals).  The NDP were the net winners in that poll.  

It seems to me they are getting their point across, pretty clearly... they are angry...no doubt about that, would you say that was a form of expression, freedom of speech, poor or not it is a right guaranteed by our constitution.

Just being angry doesn't get any any point across.  F*CK TRUDEAU is inarticulate, incoherent anger - the equivalent of toddlers having tantrums.  You don't engage with angry adult babies for the same reason you don't a toddler having a meltdown.  It just leads to more and bigger problems down the road.  We've had a front-row seat to this phenomenon in the US.  

no where does it say in the constitution you have to like it. i think your being a little judgmental myself.

The Constitution is irrelevant to this conversation, and it's silly to bring up.  Of course I'm being judgemental.  So what?  

Not sure how any Canadians can be happy with how the Liberal government has been operating with all the lies and deception they bring to the table, that does not make you mad...and if not why not?

What I'm mad about is the general (and thoroughly predictable) incompetence of the Trudeau Liberals, and their poor management of our finances.  Unfortunately the current iteration of the CPC sucks all of the oxygen out of these topics, focusing instead on culture-war bullshit, as well as yoking and echoing the rage, ignorance and/or conspiracy theories of the dumbest part of their base.  Hard pass.  

Why do we feel they need to compare or draw similarities between Canadian politics and the US. Not even the same animal, we have nothing in common.

That's one of the more ridiculous things you've said here on this forum.  We have far more in common than we don't.  

People are really tired of Justin, it is time for a change

Sure, and getting rid of him should be a chip-shot for the Conservatives given his inarguably poor performance.  Instead, the CPC chose a caustic mouthpiece and populist - the guy who'd best galvanize the opposition and turn away the middle-right voters the Party needs to actually form a government.  It's possible he could still win, but PP's so unpalatable outside the base that you set the bar really low for Trudeau.  

This is massive thread-derailment at this point though.  If we want to continue this conversation we probably need another thread for it.  

• Like 1

Another fail for the justice system.

A guy was arrested yesterday in a random stabbing in Mississauga. He'd been out on bail for 'similar offenses'.

https://www.cp24.com/news/suspect-in-custody-after-unprovoked-stabbing-in-mississauga-leaves-man-with-critical-injuries-police-1.6225865

And here we have another. A woman out on bail for two counts of aggravated assault assault with a weapon, arson, failing to comply with probation and failure to comply with a release order - which suggests she was already violating a previous release order when arrested last time (and bailed), and disregard for human life - has been arrested for a new charge of... guess what? Yes, aggravated assault with a weapon! Also failing to comply with a release order.

And, I kid you not, she was then released on bail. Again.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9415820/woman-on-bail-charged-stabbing-released-again/

15 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

And here we have another. A woman out on bail for two counts of aggravated assault assault with a weapon, arson, failing to comply with probation and failure to comply with a release order - which suggests she was already violating a previous release order when arrested last time (and bailed), and disregard for human life - has been arrested for a new charge of... guess what? Yes, aggravated assault with a weapon! Also failing to comply with a release order.

And, I kid you not, she was then released on bail. Again.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9415820/woman-on-bail-charged-stabbing-released-again/

The article said "non-life threatening injuries" . 

If she manages to kill someone now I'm sure the authorities will increase her bail.