Jump to content

Trudeau's constant ranting about all the money he spends on goodies is revolting.


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

I'm not embarrassed by sensible actions.

Except that ramping up our fossil fuel production, especially for export, is insensible in the face of an industry much of the planet is putting behind it, at least trying to.

The green spin Canada puts on the worst oil in terms of C02 emissions and pollution is like putting makeup on a pig - why not re-establish our asbestos industry while we're at it.

Edited by eyeball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Except that ramping up our fossil fuel production, especially for export, is insensible in the face of an industry much of the planet is putting behind it, at least trying to.

The green spin Canada puts on the worst oil in terms of C02 emissions and pollution is like putting makeup on a pig - why not re-establish our asbestos industry while we're at it.

eyeball...don't be a plank.

NOBODY is opposed to "clean energy" (which does NOT exist BTW). The main opposition is in the way we're making this great transition...BEFORE we have something in place to transition to.

Edited by Nationalist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

eyeball...don't be a plank.

NOBODY is opposed to "clean energy" (which does NOT exist BTW). The main opposition is in the way we're making this great transition...BEFORE we have something in place to transition to.

I simply don't believe you or the opposition want to make that transition.  You've been screaming and kicking over it for so long now it's just...forget it - you guys have no more credibility than Trudeau when it comes to climate change.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I simply don't believe you or the opposition want to make that transition.  You've been screaming and kicking over it for so long now it's just...forget it - you guys have no more credibility than Trudeau when it comes to climate change.

We object because you greenies want to shut down the oil industry BEFORE we have a reliable replacement. What part of that is so hard for you to understand?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

We object because you greenies want to shut down the oil industry BEFORE we have a reliable replacement. What part of that is so hard for you to understand?

We have reliable replacements, including nuclear. But the hardest part is still the decades of kicking and screaming about replacement, especially the tone you use like references to Greenies and such. It sends a clear signal that most of your support for fossil fuels is ideological in nature and ends up trumping the environment. You can't seem to help yourselves that way. 

Edited by eyeball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

We have reliable replacements, including nuclear. But the hardest part is still the decades of kicking and screaming about replacement, especially the tone you use like references to Greenies and such. It sends a clear signal that most of your support for fossil fuels is ideological in nature and ends up trumping the environment. You can't seem to help yourselves that way. 

So use nuclear. I'm good with that. How about transportation?

What should I call them instead of "greenies"?

Wild-eyed alarmists? Fear pandering fools?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I simply don't believe you or the opposition want to make that transition.  You've been screaming and kicking over it for so long now it's just...forget it - you guys have no more credibility than Trudeau when it comes to climate change.

One could easily turn that around, what credibility does your side have to convince everyone that it is a climate emergency or holding the government feet to the fire to ensure we keep our promises. Ya i know you just did the eye roll thing.... You have just enough people convinced that we need to do something, but they all have a line in the sand they will not cross. when we have to skip a meal, becasue that is all we can afford, to make a difference in climate change it does not sound like your Truely invested. I mean we had the golden egg with nuke energy, but nope they don't like it. 

So why is it not reasonable to just continue to prosper on our national resources, until the day we convert over to the next great energy source. why is it not reasonable to force our government to get more involved. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

So use nuclear. I'm good with that. How about transportation?

What should I call them instead of "greenies"?

Wild-eyed alarmists? Fear pandering fools?

Yeah that'll help for sure. 

We should call you dinosaurs I guess - wild-eyed alarmists pandering to fools who think the economy will be destroyed if we save the environment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trudeau is a embarrassment,plain and simple. So Micheal what has he done? We're broke, the military is almost to far gone to fix and losing billions in energy. And that is not by accident.  So Mike what has he done?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

One could easily turn that around, what credibility does your side have to convince everyone that it is a climate emergency or holding the government feet to the fire to ensure we keep our promises.

Ummm, years and years of consensus amongst the vast VAST majority of scientific expertise on the topic works for me.

Quote

So why is it not reasonable to just continue to prosper on our national resources, until the day we convert over to the next great energy source. why is it not reasonable to force our government to get more involved.

Well, if you've been paying attention you'll have noticed my oft-repeated mention of BC salmon and canaries in another thread in which this topic is interwoven.  We'll continue wrecking everything else that stands in the path of fossil fuelled prosperity until we reach the promised land.  Then what?

Note how tightly interwoven governance and sovereignty are too. It's all one big interwoven tapestry isn't it?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Yeah that'll help for sure. 

We should call you dinosaurs I guess - wild-eyed alarmists pandering to fools who think the economy will be destroyed if we save the environment.

Note to eyeball...

The economy IS being destroyed. That's what happens when you panic and dump on the base of the economy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Note to eyeball...

The economy IS being destroyed. That's what happens when you panic and dump on the base of the economy.

The base of the economy is the environment it's in.  What do you think dumping on that in your state of economic panic will do?

Let me repeat...The base of our economy is embedded within our environment not the other way around.  Acting as if it is, is as delusional as acting like God has another planet waiting for us up in heaven.  We're only getting one shot at this.

Edited by eyeball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The base of the economy is the environment it's in.  What do you think dumping on that in your state of economic panic will do?

Let me repeat...The base of our economy is embedded within our environment not the other way around.  Acting as if it is, is as delusional as acting like God has another planet waiting for us up in heaven.  We're only getting one shot at this.

"AHHH!!! WE ALL GONNA DIE!"

Please be serious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

"AHHH!!! WE ALL GONNA DIE!"

Please be serious. 

That's precisely what I hear you saying but it's impossible to take you seriously. Why? Because you talk as if the economy brings the environment into being instead of the other way around.  The way you think about things is ass backwards right from the very get go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

That's precisely what I hear you saying but it's impossible to take you seriously. Why? Because you talk as if the economy brings the environment into being instead of the other way around.  The way you think about things is ass backwards right from the very get go. 

My Gawd man! The "economy" is a construct of beings which happen to inhabit Earth. Earth's environment does not create any economic transactions, but is quite often...as is the case here...the commodity involved in economic transactions.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

My Gawd man! The "economy" is a construct of beings which happen to inhabit Earth.

What on Earth do you think it is we inhabitants construct our economy out of, thin air or something?

Think cause and effect, what comes first, Here's an important clue, it wasn't the inhabitants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

What on Earth do you think it is we inhabitants construct our economy out of, thin air or something?

Think cause and effect, what comes first, Here's an important clue, it wasn't the inhabitants.

Dude...you're trying to agrue that the planet creates the economy.

Please...

'Many parts of the tree are edible'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Dude...you're trying to agrue that the planet creates the economy.

Facepalm/

No, we create the economy. Can you guess what we use to create it with?

If you say the economy I'll have to hunt you down and facepalm you. Sorry but it's apparently the only way.

Edited by eyeball
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

Facepalm/

No, we create the economy. Can you guess what we use to create it with?

If you say the economy I'll have to hunt you down and facepalm you. Sorry but it's apparently the only way.

All sorts of stuff. Some tangible some not. Commodities are tangible stuff from the planet. Fossil fuels being the biggest of the commodities we trade. Hence it's the base of the global economy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CTV is just reporting the auditor general said the federal government paid 4.7 billion dollars in pandemic aid to people who were not entitled to it.  They are reportedly having trouble getting it back.  Another 27.4 billion dollars is under investigation.  That a lot of taxpayer money.  Seems they at least were fast in sending out aid, but not very good at determining who should receive it.  There should also be scrutiny of the millions of dollars Trudeau doles out every day or two.  When are they going to fix the failing health care system?

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, blackbird said:

  That a lot of taxpayer money.   

Yes, a whole lot.  They will say "well there was a pandemic you know and we had to help people"

That's true but why does the machine of public policy have to work so terribly ?  We have excellent people who know how to set up efficient organizations in this country but public services have such low expectations and poor management.

And hapless executives, Justin... hapless executives.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's true but why does the machine of public policy have to work so terribly ?  We have excellent people who know how to set up efficient organizations in this country but public services have such low expectations and poor management.

And hapless executives, Justin... hapless executives.

The Peter Principle perhaps?

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Possibly the public service was told to get the pandemic aid out to everyone who needed it ASAP.  But the civil service was not set up properly for such a task and perhaps did not have the framework to check on every applicant to see whether they were really entitled to aid or not.  The need to get it out to those who really needed it was paramount of course.  This was an expensive lesson to be better prepared for these events.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,752
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Dorai
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • paradox34 went up a rank
      Explorer
    • Venandi earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • CrazyCanuck89 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • CDN1 went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • DUI_Offender went up a rank
      Proficient
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...