Trudeau's constant ranting about all the money he spends on goodies is revolting.

On 12/5/2022 at 2:52 PM, eyeball said:

Ummm, years and years of consensus amongst the vast VAST majority of scientific expertise on the topic works for me.

Well, if you've been paying attention you'll have noticed my oft-repeated mention of BC salmon and canaries in another thread in which this topic is interwoven.  We'll continue wrecking everything else that stands in the path of fossil fuelled prosperity until we reach the promised land.  Then what?

Note how tightly interwoven governance and sovereignty are too. It's all one big interwoven tapestry isn't it?  

All the experts and so called experts, have jumped on the same wagon train, and they have done a very good job at saying Climate change is real. even got my vote, Shit they convinced our government to declare an emergency, with Justin even shinning the batman signal of the clouds in Ottawa, and writing a letter to Santa,...  Do you think their current plan is on par with declaring an emergency? or was it to keep the people placated until next election, are we that stupid to be fooled 3 elections in a row, who knows about the 4 th.

Sorry just getting tired of everyone yelling the sky is falling, while not really doing anything about it.  

Over the last 8 years that they have been in power, climate change has become an international concern, at one point in Canada it was the number one concern among Canadians. and yet we have failed to meet all our agreements to which we signed on to. Another Canadian trait we like signing things , as long as we don't have to do anything about it, see NATO, NORAD, 5 EYES, climate change, indigenous peoples, well the list goes on. 

Our last report card laid out by COP put us in one position below Russia, and one above China, near the bottom of the pack. why is that, Those statements speak volumes about how serious we take climate change. And if we are just going to half a%% the whole issue, We are not even meeting that mark of half a$$. Then perhaps  the climate change guys please explain to the rest of us why we should be punishing our national resource sectors, when there are no immediate energy replacement, not any near future replacement out to 20 years from now. everyone talks a good game, we are all guilty of coming up short on actions. And if we are waiting for the liberal party to finally come to a solution, well you should be stocking up on plus 1000 sunscreen. 

You guys had your chance and blew it... it is time for something new. it does not matter if you like it or not, your day has come and gone. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Army Guy said:

Sorry just getting tired of everyone yelling the sky is falling, while not really doing anything about it.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

You guys had your chance and blew it... it is time for something new. it does not matter if you like it or not, your day has come and gone.

Given all the inaction to date, as evidenced by the increased rate at which global emissions keep rising, I honestly don't know what you guys are whining about.  It's clearly a deniers world but you keep hollering for more cow bell.

4 hours ago, eyeball said:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Given all the inaction to date, as evidenced by the increased rate at which global emissions keep rising, I honestly don't know what you guys are whining about.  It's clearly a deniers world but you keep hollering for more cow bell.

What i am whining about is there is a large crowd of people yelling the sky is falling, that group is content with what our current government is doing to fight climate change, ( I think after failing 3 times to meet international agreed treaties that now would be a good time to come up with a plan b but WTF do i know)  but once they find out how much it is going to cost them personally that same crowd goes silent. or content on not doing any more) The government knows that, which is why we have an ineffective plan right now. It is hypocritical to cry the sky is falling but do nothing about it. 

And if we are going to be content doing nothing and continue to fail at meeting our signed agreements, why not be content making money off our fossil fuels resources. Either we shit or get off the pot.

What i am whining about is there is a large crowd of people yelling the sky is falling, that group is content with what our current government is doing to fight climate change,

I'm not the least bit content with what our government is doing to fight climate change, but neither am I yelling that the sky is falling.

You've really got to try harder to get a handle on the hyperbole that contorts so much of your thinking and prevents you from seeing things more clearly.

( I think after failing 3 times to meet international agreed treaties that now would be a good time to come up with a plan b but WTF do i know)  but once they find out how much it is going to cost them personally that same crowd goes silent. or content on not doing any more) The government knows that, which is why we have an ineffective plan right now. It is hypocritical to cry the sky is falling but do nothing about it.

Of course Trudeau is a hypocrite he's a Liberal. That's why I stopped voting for them decades and decades ago. I think fossil fuel producers regard Liberals as being even better at preventing climate action than Conservatives. Conservatives are nowhere near as good at sounding like credible convincing environmentalists.  Too many representatives are like their social conservative cousins who blow their party's cover by saying something outspokenly stupid. Liberals are better at sounding like their hearts are into it.    

And if we are going to be content doing nothing and continue to fail at meeting our signed agreements, why not be content making money off our fossil fuels resources. Either we shit or get off the pot.

Well there's the rub isn't, Canada's governments are so effective at never getting anything done and by the time they finally do they promptly lose money at it, take pot for example.  Speaking of which I can only imagine the botch-up conservatives would have made of legalization, we'd probably have morality police shaking everyone down and the bikers would still be the only one's making any money at it.

Edited by eyeball

On 12/6/2022 at 11:16 PM, eyeball said:

I'm not the least bit content with what our government is doing to fight climate change, but neither am I yelling that the sky is falling.

You've really got to try harder to get a handle on the hyperbole that contorts so much of your thinking and prevents you from seeing things more clearly.

Of course Trudeau is a hypocrite he's a Liberal. That's why I stopped voting for them decades and decades ago. I think fossil fuel producers regard Liberals as being even better at preventing climate action than Conservatives. Conservatives are nowhere near as good at sounding like credible convincing environmentalists.  Too many representatives are like their social conservative cousins who blow their party's cover by saying something outspokenly stupid. Liberals are better at sounding like their hearts are into it.    

Well there's the rub isn't, Canada's governments are so effective at never getting anything done and by the time they finally do they promptly lose money at it, take pot for example.  Speaking of which I can only imagine the botch-up conservatives would have made of legalization, we'd probably have morality police shaking everyone down and the bikers would still be the only one's making any money at it.

Oh i see things very clearly, people like to squawk a lot, until it comes to take some action in which they might have to contribute to. then the supporters of climate change stick their head up their a%% once again. Nothing is going to change in reference to climate change until the "people" want it to change, "Not going to happen".  Climate change has started to run it's course, time to move on to the next fad. The recent COP protest in Montreal had less than 100 people, and most of those were all dressed in black with black face coverings remind you of anyone... 

It's not only Justin that is hypocritical it is every Canadian who agrees in this Climate emergency. And since nothing is going to get done the rest of us might as well embrace fossil fuels...and enjoy our resources while we can.  

Waiting for our government to get anything done, is proven a huge failure 3 times in a row. 

And since nothing is going to get done the rest of us might as well embrace fossil fuels...and enjoy our resources while we can.  

Waiting for our government to get anything done, is proven a huge failure 3 times in a row. 

OTOH waiting for that seems the surest way of ensuring fossil fuels stay in the ground.