Bolsonaro loses in Brazil

BeaverFever

Brazil’s Donald Trump Takes a Well Deserved L

Jair Bolsonaro, a right-wing autocrat, has lost his reelection bid, losing by an uncomfortably thin margin to Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva

BY ALTHEA LEGASPI

OCTOBER 30, 2022

INCUMBENT JAIR BOLSONAROhas lost to challenger Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva in the heated and high-stakes Brazilpresidential election on Sunday. 

With 98.8 percent of the votes tallied, da Silva had 50.8 percent and Bolsonaro 49.2 percent, and the election authority said da Silva’s victory was a mathematical certainty, as Associated Press reports.

……

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/luiz-inacio-lula-da-silva-defeats-jair-bolsonaro-brazil-president-election-1234621149/

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

World Economic Forum.... 

This is what the Conservatives are offering us.  Conspiracy Theories when we're faced with multiple crises that need serious attention...

You can pretend that the WEF doesn't exist if you must.

Multiple crises that they created.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

World Economic Forum.... 

This is what the Conservatives are offering us.  Conspiracy Theories when we're faced with multiple crises that need serious attention...

Says the guy that last spring was denying that there was anything wrong with the economy.  You wouldn’t know a crisis if it hit you with a brick.

• Like 1

As I consider my self as a fiscal Conservative but Liberal on many social polices... I believe in small government, Low taxes  and freedom for all but I support LGBT rights, Abortion rights to a point and sensible gun control. I like to think as my self as Libertarian. Trump is and idiot, Putin is a war pig and Bolsonaro is a fascist in my opinion all three are extremists. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sharkman said:

Says the guy that last spring was denying that there was anything wrong with the economy.  You wouldn’t know a crisis if it hit you with a brick.

Is that what he said - that there was nothing wrong with the economy?  Or did he dismiss your goofy theories about central banking and how the economy actually operates in the real world?  

Just curious.  

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Bolsonaro lost by less than a percentage point.

Loose the pigions! Libbies won in Brazil!

You know they're desperate when a "win" like this excites them.

The final spread between the two was actually 1.8% or 2.1 Million more votes for Lula. Still close, but a win is a win!  The close matches are always the most exciting, especially against the forces of evil!

Edited by BeaverFever

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

The final spread between the two was actually 1.8% or 2.1 Million more votes for Lula. Still close, but a win is a win!  The close matches are always the most exciting, especially against the forces of evil!

Evil? What evil? Man you gotta quit taking whatever medication ur on...

2 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Well it’s nice to know that with state of the art Dominion voting systems, Brazil is able to decisively declare a winner.

1 hour ago, BeaverFever said:

Fake news, sucker  There’s no dominion or smartmatic in Brazil. Don’t you really ever just stop and wonder how you fall for it EVERY time?

To be honest, I don’t what kind of electronic voting machines Brazil has, I was using “dominion” generically.  The point is, they are electronic.  Canada still uses paper and we seem to be doing ok with it…

18 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Cheering? I still think he has a good argument considering Hunter's laptop. But cheering? What? With your pom poms?

Ya, ya, any election your boy doesn't win is rigged. Man you guys are getting old. It's nice to see that Brazilians could still dump Bolsonaro in spite of all his efforts to suppress the vote. It gives one a little hope in these dark days for democracy.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

Ya, ya, any election your boy doesn't win is rigged. Man you guys are getting old. It's nice to see that Brazilians could still dump Bolsonaro in spite of all his efforts to suppress the vote. It gives one a little hope in these dark days for democracy.

"dark days for democracy" he says...

I have two boys. Twins in fact. Trump is certainly not one of them. Were he...I'd ask him to run again because...DeSantis still has work to do in Florida, and has to finish that first. You Libbies will get him the next time.

Bolsonaro lost by the narrowest of margins and your accusations...learned of through learned publications like the NYT no doubt...maybe even Don LeMon's new big morning show...lol...its always wise to consider the messenger...

Besides...I understand one of the first things this shiny new "hope" has done, is call for real peace talks between Ukraine, Russia and the USA. ,Groovy. I'm down for that.

Here's real hope for you.

I hope the USA soon decides to actually use the resources they have, before they drag us all into a real depression.

I hope somehow that the southern border of the USA is shut tight.

I hope the war in Ukraine does not pollinate Europe with nuclear radiation.

I hope that interest rates don't fck over everyone.

I hope Elon Musk has a ball whipping Twitter into shape.

and I hope Hunter Biden burns.

20 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Bolsonaro lost by the narrowest of margins and your accusations...learned of through learned publications like the NYT no doubt...maybe even Don LeMon's new big morning show...lol...its always wise to consider the messenger...

But if he had won by the narrowest of margins, everything would have been rosy as far as you are concerned. You are such a fake.

8 hours ago, Aristides said:

But if he had won by the narrowest of margins, everything would have been rosy as far as you are concerned. You are such a fake.

I could actually care less. I understand the new guy wants to broker a peace deal in Ukraine. I'm all for that.

Brazil is a bicameral legislative republic much like the United States.

This presidential election result by itself is largely symbolic. Without the support of at least some of the legislature, the office of the president is almost as powerless as the Governor General of Canada. Bolsonaro's Liberal party still has more seats in Brazil's Senate and Chamber of Deputies than Lula's Workers' Party does. To compare, say Trump won 100% of the presidential vote, but the Democrats had every Congressperson; despite having the official title of President, Trump would have less actual power than Nancy Pelosi. Lula as president this time around will be a weak presidency as he will require multiple parties in both the Senate and Chamber of Deputies ' approvals for any proposals he intends to pass through.

But hey, Presidential elections alone are what grabs the headlines.

Edited by 500channelsurfer