Migrant Relocation - I just don't get what the big deal is all about.

Lol - leftists are even invoking  and politicizing the teachings of Jesus Christ!  That's how pathetically desperate they are.   BUT, unfortunately - that doesn't help them either.

It's inhumane to treat migrants as pawns, they say.

Think of it as a game of CHESS!
I know - it was a political move!
 Relocation, was the governors' turn to move their piece.  PUBLICITY STUNT.
They want to bring the whole nation's attention to their crisis!

PHOTO-OP at MV with all the huggings and kissings like everybody at MV were sending off relatives after a short visit!
That photo-op was a political move by the DEMS!

Look how quickly they found an alternative place to relocate them again RIGHT after the photo-op!

Yes - they are being used as political pawns - BY EVERYONE!  Republicans and Democrats. 
MORE SO by the Democrats!  They're scrambling!  They have to boost their poll ratings!
Mid-term is coming very soon.

Therefore, no use using "pawn" as an argument.

Let's get this straight:  Biden used this broder problems as his pawn from the moment he became Prez.  He lifted the law that was put by Donald Trump, and opened up the borders - DESPITE HAVING BEEN WARNED OF THIS CONSEQUENCE THAT WE SEE NOW.

When did the surge start again?
Right after Biden POLITICIZED and ADVERTISED IT TO ALL -  kinda like sounding the lunch bell!

Ignoring it, and letting the border states get swamped with it - hoping for something to happen that the Dems can use to demonize the Republicans - was a POLITICAL MOVE!    That's inhumane.

• Like 1

Just look at the happy faces of migrants in Martha's Vineyards! 

Don't believe those interviews media try to sell on tv. Those are manipulated to make the Republicans look bad.
Those are the Democrats' political move!

It's Biden who acts inhumanely, not only to refugees..................................but also to AMERICANS living in border states!
So, there!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

Answer these:

What is more humane - packing such high numbers of migrants like sardines in small towns where understandably, tolerance would run thin........................or, relocating migrants to places that are friendly and welcoming to them?

Why is it so important for you Democrats to keep migrants in this horrible conditions in border states?

If resources are running dry - where do all these people sleep? I'd see a video on Face The Nation that shows them packed, sitting directly on cement floor!

Democrats and supporters - why do you want to keep them in that deplorable condition?

• Like 1

To the ignorant to Christ's teachings: 

Let's not use and politicize the teachings of Christ.
Otherwise, I'll have to insist on His other teachings. Like, "OBEY AUTHORITIES."

If Texas governor says you should be taken to a sanctuary state, or to MV - we have to say that they've got to obey.
Especially so when you're NOT being taken to a bad place. It's actually a big improvement over to what you'll have to endure in a border state!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

If MV was fast enough to RELOCATE them to a military base in that short time - I don't think MV can even compare to the hospitality of border states! image.gif.7423309981a8c2fa9a3aa0f65e55553b.gif

At least, Border States get so many plus-points, for having to deal with this for more than a year! THOUSANDS, EVERYDAY!

Martha's Vineyards couldn't even hack a few days of an.................................................. "influx" of 50!

Lol - But, I sure see a lot of migrants volunteering and begging deSantis to send them to MV, if they watch that photo-op clip in MV of all the gift-givings and huggings! image.gif.b29fe500d47f84732ae5be9bcb9d4278.gif
I would!

image.gif

image.gif

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, betsy said:

Martha's Vineyards couldn't even hack a few days of an.................................................. "influx" of 50!

image.gif

The trespassers were getting close to the rose gardens. You know how much work Juan the gardener puts into them.

• Haha 1

Betsy - your logic is deficient as are your values.

These people were deceived, kidnapped and dumped in a strange city.  Do you think that a Christian would do this ?

Do you think DeSantis is a good person for showing cruelty and deception as a value to get him elected ?  

I thought you were against the elites ... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

These people were deceived, kidnapped and dumped in a strange city.  Do you think that a Christian would do this ?

Do you think DeSantis is a good person for showing cruelty and deception as a value to get him elected ?  

They weren't kidnapped, but it sounds like they may have been deceived, which is unethical.  If they had just sent them to Martha's vineyard and the migrants went voluntarily with no deceptions it wouldn't (or shouldn't) be a big deal.

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Why is it so important for you Democrats to keep migrants in this horrible conditions in border states?

They're not. The border states are the ones keeping them in horrible conditions. And then using them as pawns to play petty games as they have no shame at all and no desire to DO anything constructive.

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

They weren't kidnapped, but it sounds like they may have been deceived, which is unethical.  If they had just sent them to Martha's vineyard and the migrants went voluntarily with no deceptions it wouldn't (or shouldn't) be a big deal.

Also they were dumped without support... including families.  How anyone could think that is Christian is beyond deficient.

My opinion on asylum seekers/refugees is that all who pass a criminal check should be let into the country temporarily as an act of compassionate, on the condition that they wear a tracking bracelet.  Those who are deemed valid asylum seekers but don't have the job skills to be a benefit to the country and have a high risk of living in poverty long-term should be relocated to another country whose economic profile matches their job skills level.

3 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

1.My opinion on asylum seekers/refugees is that all who pass a criminal check should be let into the country temporarily as an act of compassionate, on the condition that they wear a tracking bracelet. 

2. Those who are deemed valid asylum seekers but don't have the job skills to be a benefit to the country and have a high risk of living in poverty long-term should be relocated to another country whose economic profile matches their job skills level.

1. Interesting idea.  I mean, these people were processed as I understand but ok to new ideas especially if they calm the hysterical waters of fear that politicians stoke for their own gain.  

2. Ha.... well you already outlined the problem with selling these folks to another country.  

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Interesting idea.  I mean, these people were processed as I understand but ok to new ideas especially if they calm the hysterical waters of fear that politicians stoke for their own gain.  

2. Ha.... well you already outlined the problem with selling these folks to another country.  

2. Deals can be made.  Kenya taking poorly educated Nigerian refugees, for example, wouldn't be a big deal to them, especially if other economic or political incentives are given or taken away.

8 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

My opinion ...

Also - keep in mind that all of us hold impressions that start from uninformed biases, that need to be filled in from real information.  And this goes for left- and right- leaning folks both.

The government secretly detests some refugees and does what it can to discourage them.  It has done this since it turned away Jews in ww2.

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

2. Deals can be made.  Kenya taking poorly educated Nigerian refugees, for example, wouldn't be a big deal to them, especially if other economic or political incentives are given or taken away.

Well... you can roll the dice.  I think criminals shouldn't be accepted, nor people who lie on their applications but from what I have seen refugees are a wash in the economy....

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Well... you can roll the dice.  I think criminals shouldn't be accepted, nor people who lie on their applications but from what I have seen refugees are a wash in the economy....

I'm not so concerned about the economy as I am about community safety.  People who live in poverty have a much higher likelihood of raising a child who will engage in criminal behaviour in our cities.  This is harming the country, not helping it.  Over the last 5 years I have personally been a witness to 2 gun murders and 1 stabbing in 3 separate events, all 3 committed by gang members of foreign origin.  Not a fan.

So the solution is to use evidence to isolate risk factors in order to help prevent this problem.

6 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

1. I'm not so concerned about the economy as I am about community safety.  People who live in poverty have a much higher likelihood of raising a child who will engage in criminal behaviour in our cities.  This is harming the country, not helping it. 

2. Over the last 5 years I have personally been a witness to 2 gun murders and 1 stabbing in 3 separate events, all 3 committed by gang members of foreign origin.  Not a fan.

3. So the solution is to use evidence to isolate risk factors in order to help prevent this problem.

1. 2.  Yeah, you are just talking from impressions here.  Crime is down across the board over decades especially since they introduced the pill...  Do you count Kelowna as a city because crime is pretty bad there I think.  

I'm not saying you are right or wrong but this needs a thorough analysis. 

3.  Absolutely.  And your enemies to evidence are: (tied) Reactionary assholes & bleeding heart liberals...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

The Biden administration has been flying these illegal immigrants to cities for a long time now. Often in the dead of night.

Biden administration resumes migrant flights to airport outside NYC (nypost.com)

I agree with Betsy, the Democrats that crowed about being "sanctuary" cities should be thrilled that they now have to support this influx of people but they're not because they are hypocrites.

Perhaps now they might understand how overburdened the border cities are right now because Biden's handlers refuse to secure the border.

• Like 2

According to Wikipedia, the island of Martha's Vineyard has 15,000 people - year-round.

Under Biden, the US has accepted some 3 million undocumented/illegal people. That's about 1% of America's population.

I reckon the people on Martha's Vineyard should accept and make comfortable 150 people - 1%.

=====

I remember Gander.

We in Canada have a different view of the world than you Clinton/Biden Democrats.

Edited by August1991

14 hours ago, herbie said:

They're not. The border states are the ones keeping them in horrible conditions. And then using them as pawns to play petty games as they have no shame at all and no desire to DO anything constructive.

The migrant are in a deplorable condition in borders states because BORDER STATES SAY .........THEIR RESOURCES ARE RUNNING OUT!  A DEMOCRAT senator from Laredo said that on Face The Nation!

What's so hard to understand that border states can't simply accommodate 8,000 coming in EVERYDAY!   Can you just imagine how that would be like!

Will you understand what you read!

My goodness!   There's no way you'd be on the same page if you don't understand what you read!

And you folks wonder why I had to use LARGE FONTS!   Because , most of you lefty are.......................hard of seeing! ?

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

What "kidnap" are you on about? Your logic is the one that's out of whack! 

You make it sound like as if...............DESPERATE ASYLUM SEEKERS SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE WHERE THEY SHOULD GO!  

If you're a genuine refugee - the farther and deeper you get into the USA - as far as you could get AWAY FROM THE BORDER - would be security for you!

You think many of these refugees don't plan on getting lost among the population if their approval for entry is compromised?  You think, that isn't a "back-up" plan?   You're so naive!

Being taken far away from the borders into big cities - sanctuary cities to boot -  would only work for them! 

Furthermore - I see only smiling and happy faces on tv!   You're the one who seems to be pained with that!

That goes for your values too.   You seem to be content that thousands of migrants should be packed like sardines  just to make the Republicans look bad.   So, don't give me that hypocritical virtue-signalling!

Don't talk to me about deceit!  This is all a political move for the Dems!  Biden has been deceiving the American people!  THEY HAVE A  MIGRATION CRISIS! Where's the support for border states?

Lol - good move by DeSantis et al.   It's been on mainstream media now for several days.  They're still on about it this morning. 

Someone's got to pick up CNN's jaw off the floor yesterday, when deSantis was given a STANDING OVATION! for his stunt! ?

Edited by betsy

Do you not understand if I pick up someone in my car and intentionally drop them somewhere else other than where I told them I would, it's kidnapping?

Of course not. The FAKE CHRISTIAN Republicans are above the law. They can't tell right from wrong unless it's written into an ancient book -not that they could understand written things anyway, and have no sense of shame whatsoever.

Just as you demonstrate in your posts.

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 4:11 PM, herbie said:

Don't you think it's fair to say that because of the total mismanagement of border security by Biden's handlers the border states are just simply overwhelmed? If a tiny number are sent to some crumbling, crime-ridden Democratic sanctuary cities what's the big deal? Can it be that Democrats are resorting to NIMBY?

Perhaps after these illegals get a taste of life in some of these horrible Democratic run cities they'll have second thoughts about coming to the US in the first place.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ironstone said:

1. Don't you think it's fair to say that because of the total mismanagement of border security by Biden's handlers the border states are just simply overwhelmed? 

2. Perhaps after these illegals get a taste of life in some of these horrible Democratic run cities they'll have second thoughts about coming to the US in the first place.

1. Is it ?  Don't they get funding for this ?  Is this a fact based argument ?
2. Martha's Vinyard vs Houston hmmm...

• Like 1