Migrant Relocation - I just don't get what the big deal is all about.

24 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Is it ?  Don't they get funding for this ?  Is this a fact based argument ?
2. Martha's Vinyard vs Houston hmmm...

I find it hard to believe that anyone could suggest that the Biden administration has the southern border under control. I'm sure they do get some kind of funding but it's not fair to put most of the burden on border states.

El Paso the latest city overwhelmed by Biden's open border policy, Sara Carter reports | Fox News

So far GOP governors have been sending the illegals primarily to Washington DC, Chicago, New York and now Martha's Vineyard. We've seen the reaction from the Vineyard, they don't want them. 

Same for the other three Democratic cities.

Lori Lightfoot Bused Illegal Immigrants Out of Chicago – PJ Media

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 1:49 PM, betsy said:

Just look at the happy faces of migrants in Martha's Vineyards! 

Don't believe those interviews media try to sell on tv. Those are manipulated to make the Republicans look bad.
Those are the Democrats' political move!

It's Biden who acts inhumanely, not only to refugees..................................but also to AMERICANS living in border states!
So, there!

Obama put those illegals in cages. DeSantis sent them to a luxury resort island.

On 9/19/2022 at 2:54 PM, Michael Hardner said:

Betsy - your logic is deficient as are your values.

These people were deceived, kidnapped and dumped in a strange city.  Do you think that a Christian would do this ?

Do you think DeSantis is a good person for showing cruelty and deception as a value to get him elected ?  

I thought you were against the elites ... 

People who are kidnapped do not sign waivers.

Those people are criminals. They violated our borders. They should have been deported.

(I wonder why you didn't whine about them being kidnapped when Biden shipped them from our Southern border to Florida in the first place?)

DeSantis is just protecting Florida voters from this naked attempt to turn this state Blue, as well as protecting our citizens from the drugs, child prostitution and other crimes these animals bring up from Central America.

These animals pay CARTELS to bring them to the Mex/American border. That means they are guilty of aiding and abetting drug cartels. Before ever crossing that river, they are criminals.

Criminals are not victims of kidnapping. Not THESE criminals, anyway.

On 9/20/2022 at 4:24 PM, herbie said:

So Florida taking them out of Texas and pretending they're protecting the border is just fine too?

This is just more Republican showmanship to prove what shameless arseholes they are. Works well in a nation where so many believe arse-holiness is next to Godliness.

Excuse me, but it was BIDEN who shipped those animals from Texas to Florida. Governor DeSantis just doesn't have time for crap like that. He is running a state that has the best economy, the best schools and the safest streets. There's NO WAY he will go looking to import criminals.

He DEPORTED those animals.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Sorry, they declared themselves didn't they?

They declared themselves to the drug cartels whom they paid to move them and their families through the jungles of Central America and Mexico to our porous borders. They didn't declare themselves to any American embassies in their home countries. Funny how that works. LEGAL immigrants go through the channels, get in line and wait their turn.

If someone decided to just break into your house, declare that he NEEDS your stuff, and then takes it, I guess you'd have no problem with that.

Same thing applies to illegal aliens. They are NOT migrants or even asylum seekers. They are foreign nationals who have decided to violate our borders and our laws. They are criminals and they belong either in prison or deported.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, reason10 said:

Same thing applies to illegal aliens. They are NOT migrants or even asylum seekers.  

This newspaper article says you're incorrect...

"According to the complaint, the Venezuelans, who are pursuing the proper channels for lawful immigration status in the US, “experienced cruelty akin to what they fled in their home country."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/20/marthas-vineyard-immigration-lawsuit-ron-desantis-florida

On 9/20/2022 at 3:37 PM, herbie said:

Do you not understand if I pick up someone in my car and intentionally drop them somewhere else other than where I told them I would, it's kidnapping?

Of course not. The FAKE CHRISTIAN Republicans are above the law. They can't tell right from wrong unless it's written into an ancient book -not that they could understand written things anyway, and have no sense of shame whatsoever.

Just as you demonstrate in your posts.

Interesting...

Do you know that coming across the border anywhere other than an official crossing, is completely illegal?

Question: why should people care about criminal aliens?

8 hours ago, herbie said:

Listen to this guy. Knows dick shit about what he yaps about. Biden did it. Drug cartels paid them to. Rounded them all up by sheer magical powers.
Tell us how they're stealing your job and collecting welfare at the same time next.

Archie Bunker, the MAGA role model.

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/in-this-screengrab-don-lemon-speaks-during-the-citizen-by-news-photo/1275325153

20 hours ago, herbie said:

Listen to this guy. Knows dick shit about what he yaps about. Biden did it. Drug cartels paid them to. Rounded them all up by sheer magical powers.
Tell us how they're stealing your job and collecting welfare at the same time next.

Archie Bunker, the MAGA role model.

A couple of things: It's obvious that I know more than you do. Florida third graders apparently know more than you do.

Biden DID send those illegals to Florida.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/biden-sent-70-secret-night-flights-of-migrants-from-border-to-florida

Biden sent 70 secret night flights of migrants from border to Florida

More than 70 flights transporting migrants from the southern border to Jacksonville have landed in the dark of night in recent months as the Biden administration struggles to empty overflowing border facilities, the office of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said.

It is the first time the state of Florida has disclosed the number of confirmed flights arriving in the state since the summer. The governor's office has scrambled in recent weeks to uncover who is facilitating the mystery flights landing in northern Florida daily, but the Biden administration has refused to disclose any information, one official said.

If someone is better qualified to do my job, that person should have my job. But I don't collect welfare. I'm not a Democrat. I wouldn't know where to begin, especially having to fill out all those multiple voting ballots to mail out.

Oh, and Carroll O'Connor, the brilliant actor who portrayed Archie Bunker, was a vitriolic left winger, who actually campaigned for Ted Chappaquiddick Kennedy.

• Like 1

Thought for the day:

About 300 some-odd years ago, Northern and Southern Europeans began migrating across the ocean to "The New World". The Northern Euros migrated straight across to what we know now as The USA and Canada. The southern Euros...primarily the Spanish and Portuguese...migrated straight across to what we know now as Mexico and south. Both started with the same opportunities. In fact, the Latin migrants had more land and arguably a better climate to work with. What has been the results?

The USA and Canada have built a very affluent society based on individual liberties and law and order. The southern nations built...mud...for the most part.

Question: Why should the current Americans and Canadians...in particular the Americans...be interested in allowing a flood of South Americans...who have already proven themselves incapable of building a lasting affluent, orderly state...into their nations by the millions? Why should the USA and Canada, be interested in diluting its achievement, by welcoming people who habitually...according to history...create mud?

Edited by Nationalist

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Thought for the day:

About 300 some-odd years ago, Northern and Southern Europeans began migrating across the ocean to "The New World". The Northern Euros migrated straight across to what we know now as The USA and Canada. The southern Euros...primarily the Spanish and Portuguese...migrated straight across to what we know now as Mexico and south. Both started with the same opportunities. In fact, the Latin migrants had more land and arguably a better climate to work with. What has been the results?

The USA and Canada have built a very affluent society based on individual liberties and law and order. The southern nations built...mud...for the most part.

Question: Why should the current Americans and Canadians...in particular the Americans...be interested in allowing a flood of South Americans...who have already proven themselves incapable of building a lasting affluent, orderly state...into their nations by the millions? Why should the USA and Canada, be interested in diluting its achievement, by welcoming people who habitually...according to history...create mud?

Exactly.

• Thanks 1