We in the West Won - Back Off

On 8/6/2022 at 9:14 PM, August1991 said:

You Americans can send young guys to die abroad. You proved that in Vietnam. You won the Cold War and the Soviet Union is no more. 

=====

But now, Trump is correct. There is no reason for any American soldier to die abroad.

Which conflict are you going on about?  

On 8/6/2022 at 8:56 PM, August1991 said:

As a foreigner, I have been thinking about this.

Bush, Clinton: they're wrong. Trump is right.

You won the Cold War - back off.

=====

America is a wonderful country.

I take that to mean there is no need to participate in war after war.  Bring the troops home.  That's what Trump was about anyway...

On 8/8/2022 at 6:48 PM, Contrarian said:

so no more NATO? We cancel it? Trump is right about that?

Contrary to what Donald the Populist says here are the benefits of the US being part of the alliance:

NATO supports and protects the economies of Europe, which are critical to the health of the US economy.

• US trade with the European Union reached $699 billion in 2015, only made possible because of the security and stability provided by NATO.
  • US exports to the former Communist NATO member states (not including East Germany) grew from $0.9 billion in 1989 to $9.4 billion in 2016.
  • Non-US NATO members rely heavily on the US defense industry to supply their forces. Currently, European members are planning to purchase as many as 500 new F-35s from the United States.

Full article (even if old):

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/new-atlanticist/here-s-why-the-united-states-needs-nato/

fake news

Trump doesn't want to disband NATO

he just wants NATO countries skimping on military spending to chip in more

and many have since he bitched about it

so it worked

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, herbie said:

Well we can increase our spending by buying $1000 hammers and $5000 toilet seats like they do.

Trump's usual business idiocy by equating what you get with what you spend.

Doonesbury late 1980s

DOONETRUMP-970226.gif

Edited by DogOnPorch

1 hour ago, Contrarian said:

so Donald saved the Alliance? he is the Messiah of Nato?

NATO has more money, and is a stronger alliance today because of Don Trump. Jens Stoltenberg admits this.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/01/27/nato-chief-credits-trump/2695799002/

Now the political preppy boys, whom are favoured by the public for their celeb status, charming looks and official-sounding manners (“Il fascismo”) have something useful to work with, in the face of the assault by the ruthless neo-bolshevieken.

The same limp-dicks, who gave nothin before. All thanks to Trump...

On 8/7/2022 at 12:14 AM, August1991 said:

You Americans can send young guys to die abroad. You proved that in Vietnam. You won the Cold War and the Soviet Union is no more. 

=====

But now, Trump is correct. There is no reason for any American soldier to die abroad.

Not to disagree in principle about the greatness of America, but let’s not forget that the Soviets were the first to reach Berlin.

And in space, Yuri Gagarin was the first to go and claim he did not see the face of god.

Furthermore “The loudest bang has not yet been heard.” (Purported Stalin quote)

In other words, it’s not time for champagne just yet. 

There is another axis.

On 8/7/2022 at 1:56 PM, August1991 said:

As a foreigner, I have been thinking about this.

Bush, Clinton: they're wrong. Trump is right.

You won the Cold War - back off.

=====

America is a wonderful country.

Unfortunately, today America is occupied by the corrupt Khazarian elite who rule over the American people.

Sad very sad.

On 8/9/2022 at 8:48 AM, Contrarian said:

so no more NATO? We cancel it? Trump is right about that?

Contrary to what Donald the Populist says here are the benefits of the US being part of the alliance:

NATO supports and protects the economies of Europe, which are critical to the health of the US economy.

• US trade with the European Union reached $699 billion in 2015, only made possible because of the security and stability provided by NATO.
  • US exports to the former Communist NATO member states (not including East Germany) grew from $0.9 billion in 1989 to $9.4 billion in 2016.
  • Non-US NATO members rely heavily on the US defense industry to supply their forces. Currently, European members are planning to purchase as many as 500 new F-35s from the United States.

Full article (even if old):

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/new-atlanticist/here-s-why-the-united-states-needs-nato/

In fact, NATO and the Anglo-Khazarian elite occupied Europe.

On 8/12/2022 at 11:16 PM, athos said:

Unfortunately, today America is occupied by the corrupt Khazarian elite who rule over the American people.

Sad very sad.

America is some 330 million people doing Gawd-knows what.

Is America occupied by corrupt Khazarian? WTF?

America occupied by Lutherans? Possible. White supremacists.

But America controlled by Armenians?

====

Or are we talking of Jewish Armenians?

Afghanistan?

IMHO, we Canadians participated to show clearly that Afghans can do whatever the hell they want, but they will never ever again provide a place for people to attack America.

=====

Obama generally avoided getting involved in nonsense abroad

Trump made a point of not getting involved.

Heck, Biden withdrew from Afghanistan.

Edited by August1991

11 hours ago, August1991 said:

Afghanistan?

IMHO, we Canadians participated to show clearly that Afghans can do whatever the hell they want, but they will never ever again provide a place for people to attack America.

=====

Obama generally avoided getting involved in nonsense abroad

Trump made a point of not getting involved.

Heck, Biden withdrew from Afghanistan.

You had me until this.  Obama reigned fire from the skies like none before him, with drones.  Except, oddly enough, when any aid would have saved the life of an American ambassador in Benghazi.

Biden has sent close to 100 billion to Ukraine, weapons of all kinds including illegal fire and forget drones that seek out Russian tanks, for instance.

And the withdrawal of Afghanistan left 87 billion in military arms that they could use or sell at their leisure, thus arming them too.  

But yeah, Trump made a point of not getting involved.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Jewish Bolshevik conspiracy

that's so Nazi

doesn't get anymore Nazi than that

you aren't fooling anyone by calling it Anglo Khazarian instead

I didn't say Jewish I said Khazarians. I don't want you to speak for me. Perhaps you can try to overcome your ignorance by learning the basics of history and geography without mixing a religion into it.

43 minutes ago, athos said:

I didn't say Jewish I said Khazarians. I don't want you to speak for me. Perhaps you can try to overcome your ignorance by learning the basics of history and geography without mixing a religion into it.

the Khazarians were Jews, famous for their conversion to Judaism

you're only fooling the historically ignorant by substituting one label for the other

you are literally peddling the same conspiracy theory as the Nazi's did to justify their invasions of sovereign nations

Edited by Yzermandius19

Religion is a personal choice. I think it is wrong to identify religion with racial, cultural and national identity. There is no correlation between genetic predisposition and religious affiliation.

?

Edited by athos