Poilieuvre Wood Video -Too Rented

Okay, that’s weird. Poilieuvre didn’t do anything for me when he first announced.  I thought he was trying too hard, wanted it too badly,  and the CPC disqualified a few people from even applying for the leadership race, which looks bad on them.

But I just watched the video above, and feel a lot better about him now.  I don’t get a “rented” vibe at all.  The video had some obvious marketing of a politician in it, but he comes across as a lot more genuine than say, Trudeau.  

What you see in that video is a real person, not some polished politician that acts the part of one.  And The essence of what he’s saying, I agree with.  

Edited by sharkman

7 hours ago, sharkman said:

What you see in that video is a real person, not some polished politician that acts the part of one.  And The essence of what he’s saying, I agree with.  

You were talking about someone who is literally only worked in politics. You think he's a real person, but he's just really good at it.

• Like 3

OMG he's a great actor.

This is conservative virtue signalling and Trudeau style politics at its best: empty of ideas, all slogans and "feelings", slick advertising and nothing specific proposed.

He's going to be bringing the freedom... Right.

By the way the Canadian Taxpayer paid for 100% of his little renovation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

OMG he's a great actor.

This is conservative virtue signalling and Trudeau style politics at its best: empty of ideas, all slogans and "feelings", slick advertising and nothing specific proposed.

What I would like to know,is how much the taxpayers pays to feed the trudeaus. My understanding Harper paid for the family food  bought by his wife in the market, and trudeau's is organic and flown in from all over. Now we did pay for Harper's food when it was gov business.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

OMG he's a great actor.

Haha, then there’s only one thing a ‘conservative’ like yourself can do, right?  Vote for Trudeau.  You’re so transparent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

OMG he's a great actor.

I am getting the feeling that he is like Obama. A great orator but no substance.

42 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I am getting the feeling that he is like Obama. A great orator but no substance.

The thing is, Ex, he MAY actually have substance.  I'm reminded of Mulroney who was a big voice, big chin but at least knew politics and had a couple of ideas.  

The #1 thing I dislike about Trudeau, though, is the unwillingness to engage in substantive discussion.  And Poilievre is doing the same thing.

When did it become so cool to be stupid ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PIK said:

1. What I would like to know,is how much the taxpayers pays to feed the trudeaus.
2. My understanding Harper paid for the family food  bought by his wife in the market, and trudeau's is organic and flown in from all over. Now we did pay for Harper's food when it was gov business.

1. The PM salary and MP salary is public record.  You could look it up.
2. Who cares ?  They all get paid by you and me.  Trudeau is a bit of a rich kid though...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Infidel Dog said:

Yeah, I'm fine with the video. Pretty dead-on description of real conservatism if you ask me. 

Vapid and empty-headed TV commercial of a career politician in a lumber shirt.  And a still camera of him sitting in a pile of boards.

Your 'conservatism' is a sad postcard of a scam-man in a fake beaver pelt - enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

The thing is, Ex, he MAY actually have substance.  I'm reminded of Mulroney who was a big voice, big chin but at least knew politics and had a couple of ideas.  

The #1 thing I dislike about Trudeau, though, is the unwillingness to engage in substantive discussion.  And Poilievre is doing the same thing.

When did it become so cool to be stupid ?

I agree, sort of.

I do not think Poilievre has said anything of substance yet he says a lot. I get the feeling, although he has been a politician his whole life, that he really does not exude leadership. He is like a hot air balloon.

He has to convince a lot of folks and not just those that will not vote Trudeau. I am afraid the NDP may rise out of the PC/Lib bunfight ashes.

I truly hope Trudeau not just loses, but loses big time, like the Ontario libs have.

32 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

1. yet he says a lot. I get the feeling, although he has been a politician his whole life, that he really does not exude leadership. He is like a hot air balloon.

2. He has to convince a lot of folks and not just those that will not vote Trudeau. I am afraid the NDP may rise out of the PC/Lib bunfight ashes.

3. I truly hope Trudeau not just loses, but loses big time, like the Ontario libs have.

1. But he is able to connect, for sure, and work on the general dissatisfaction that we're all feeling.
2. Ugh.  Jagmeet isn't saying much of substance either.
3.  So far it's minority government territory.

• Like 1

I think he will be the next PM

nobody gets voted into office

the other party gets voted out

then whomever is the leader of the opposition ends up being Prime Minister by default

the problem I think he will have is that Canada will be in such bad shape financially

he won't have any freedom of action, he will just be in crisis mode

the Liberals will ride off to exile in Switzerland or whatever, leaving a big mess in their wake

the next PM will simply be the sucker left holding the bag

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

1. I think he will be the next PM

2. nobody gets voted into office

3. the other party gets voted out

4. then whomever is the leader of the opposition ends up being Prime Minister by default

5. the problem I think he will have is that Canada will be in such bad shape financially, he won't have any freedom of action, he will just be in crisis mode

1. 2. 3. 4. Agreed.
5. He will play the austerity card.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

5. He will play the austerity card.

well he says he will restore sound money

but imagine the shock to the system that will entail

like when Paul Volcker raised rates to 20%

the deficit was 1.2% and the debt was 25% of GDP

now the deficit is 21.6% and the leverage is well over 100% debt to GDP

so they can't raise interest rates to what is needed, without bankrupting the economy

I don't even know what they can do, because this global financial situation is unprecedented in history

I don't even see the debt as Canada's biggest problem

Canada's biggest problem is that America now views Canada as a competitor

America is shifting from a partnership with Canada to a partnership with Mexico

so Mexico is already eating Canada's lunch

and China can't save us, because actually China now has a massive debt problem of its own

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

1. well he says he will restore sound money
 2.I don't even know what they can do, because this global financial situation is unprecedented in history 
 3.Mexico is already eating Canada's lunch
 4. and China can't save us, because actually China now has a massive debt problem of its own

1. Suitably vague.  He was blowing the Bitcoin kazoo until THAT went to crap too.
2. If it weren't for all that offshore wealth sitting around, we'd have nothing !
3. Since NAFTA was signed, you mean, 1993.
4. How is everybody in debt to .... everybody ? 

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

4. How is everybody in debt to .... everybody ? 

everybody is in debt to the future

the debt is on the central bank balance sheets

that debt is future prosperity dragged back into the now to live beyond our means in real time

now we are arriving in the future which we have already borrowed from

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

1. does this guy mean what he says, or will he waffle in the end?

2. But I already know what Pixie-Dust will do so...

1. You mean when he says "freedom freedom freedom" ?  Correct me if I'm wrong but he didn't promise sh*t.  A perfect politician.
2. He will spend money to please people until they get sick of his hair.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

OMG he's a great actor.

Do you still pretend to be a conservative or have you finally just come clean MH?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's nothing wrong with the video, it just lacks the divisiveness that leftists crave in a political message.

"These guys are really bad. They secretly do things that hurt you. Their police actually make your communities less safe, and we know that we don't need them."

It also references hard work, which is considered a white privilege topic from a leftist POV.

I can see why the leftists are triggered. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1