Canadian Anti-Hate Network

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

the Bible is not an instruction manual

it is simply the story of Jesus of Nazareth, told in four texts

the first three of which are practically identical, the fourth deviating vastly from the first three

What?  The Bible is certainly an instruction manual.  It is more than that.  It is the final authority on what is true and what is false.  It is the source of truth and wisdom.  Without it there is no knowledge of the way of salvation.

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

What?  The Bible is certainly an instruction manual.  It is more than that.  It is the final authority on what is true and what is false.  It is the source of truth and wisdom.  Without it there is no knowledge of the way of salvation.

as I say, you worship the book, not the supernatural being

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

as I say, you worship the book, not the supernatural being

No, I don't worship the book.  I worship the God who inspired men to write the book.  It is God's word and should not be taken lightly.

The beginning of the gospel of John refers to God as the word in fact.  

"1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."  John 1:1 KJV

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

No, I don't worship the book.  I worship the God who inspired men to write the book.  It is God's word and should not be taken lightly.

The beginning of the gospel of John refers to God as the word in fact.  

"1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."  John 1:1 KJV

Saul becomes Paul in AD 37

Mathew is not written until at least AD 70

how did Paul know God without the New Testament which you say is required ?

Edited by Dougie93

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Paul becomes Saul in AD 37

Mathew is not written until at least AD 70

how did Paul know God without the New Testament which you say is required ?

The Apostles received direct revelation from Jesus Christ before the New Testament was completed.

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

The whole first chapter of Galatians should really be gone through, but I'll pick out the significant parts. Right from the beginning Paul affirms he is an apostle sent directly from Yeshua the Messiah, and not from men:

Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Paul begins to talk about certain men that seem to be teaching a different gospel than his.2 To affirm his authority, he again claims he was taught his gospel by none other than Messiah in Galatians 1:11-12

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

After giving his account of his conversion,3 Paul says in Galatians 1:16-17 that even immediately after his conversion, he did not speak to any man, including the Apostles:

To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

unquote

How did Paul learn the gospel? - Christianity Stack Exchange

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

you don't actually believe in God

you simply quote these texts by wrote without any feeling at all

No.  I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, one God in three persons.  I am not a perfect person, but believe Jesus died for my sins and was raised from the dead.

14 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Paul never met Jesus Christ

Jesus of Nazareth was crucified before Saul became Paul

Paul's Road to Damascus Conversion Story Summary

The story of Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus is told in Acts 9:1-19 and retold by Paul in Acts 22:6-21 and Acts 26:12-18.

Saul of Tarsus, a Pharisee in Jerusalem after the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ, swore to wipe out the new Christian church, called The Way. Acts 9:1 says that Paul was "breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples." Saul obtained letters from the high priest, authorizing him to arrest any followers of Jesus in the city of Damascus.

On the Road to Damascus, Saul and his companions were struck down by a blinding light. Saul heard a voice say, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" (Acts 9:4, NIV) When Saul asked who was speaking, the voice replied: "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do." (Acts 9:5-6, NIV)

Saul was blinded. His companions led him into Damascus to a man named Judas, on Straight Street. For three days Saul was blind and didn't eat or drink.

Meanwhile, Jesus appeared in a vision to a disciple in Damascus named Ananias and told him to go to Saul. Ananias was afraid because he knew Saul's reputation as a merciless persecutor of the church.

Jesus repeated his command, explaining that Saul was his chosen instrument to deliver the gospel to the Gentiles, their kings, and the people of Israel. So Ananias found Saul at Judas' house, praying for help. Ananias laid his hands on Saul, telling him Jesus had sent him to restore his sight and that Saul might be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He arose and was baptized into the Christian faith. Saul ate, regained his strength, and stayed with the Damascus disciples three days.

After his conversion, Saul changed his name to Paul.

unquote

Paul's Road to Damascus Conversion Bible Study Guide (learnreligions.com)

I would recommend you look the verses up in the King James Bible, not the NIV, which is corrupt.

Edited by blackbird

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I would recommend you look the verses up in the King James Bible, not the NIV, which is corrupt.

no need

God is in the room with me

it's not about a book

it's miraculous 

you don't read the presence of God

you feel it

unless you don't believe in that ?

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Paul's Road to Damascus Conversion Story Summary

The story of Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus is told in Acts 9:1-19 and retold by Paul in Acts 22:6-21 and Acts 26:12-18.

Saul of Tarsus, a Pharisee in Jerusalem after the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ, swore to wipe out the new Christian church, called The Way. Acts 9:1 says that Paul was "breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples." Saul obtained letters from the high priest, authorizing him to arrest any followers of Jesus in the city of Damascus.

On the Road to Damascus, Saul and his companions were struck down by a blinding light. Saul heard a voice say, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" (Acts 9:4, NIV) When Saul asked who was speaking, the voice replied: "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do." (Acts 9:5-6, NIV)

Saul was blinded. His companions led him into Damascus to a man named Judas, on Straight Street. For three days Saul was blind and didn't eat or drink.

Meanwhile, Jesus appeared in a vision to a disciple in Damascus named Ananias and told him to go to Saul. Ananias was afraid because he knew Saul's reputation as a merciless persecutor of the church.

Jesus repeated his command, explaining that Saul was his chosen instrument to deliver the gospel to the Gentiles, their kings, and the people of Israel. So Ananias found Saul at Judas' house, praying for help. Ananias laid his hands on Saul, telling him Jesus had sent him to restore his sight and that Saul might be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He arose and was baptized into the Christian faith. Saul ate, regained his strength, and stayed with the Damascus disciples three days.

After his conversion, Saul changed his name to Paul.

unquote

Paul's Road to Damascus Conversion Bible Study Guide (learnreligions.com)

Amen brother

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, herbie said:

Why don't you two join a Bible thumping forum instead of trying to turn this one into one?

Or at least render unto Caesar the subjects that are in Caesar's domain.

As much as the woke left would like to keep the Bible out of the discussion and silence those who use it, it is the only source of real truth.  The Devil dislikes the Bible immensely and would like to eliminate it from any discussion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackbird said:

As much as the woke left would like to keep the Bible out of the discussion and silence those who use it, it is the only source of real truth.  The Devil dislikes the Bible immensely and would like to eliminate it from any discussion.

but you're doing exactly what the woke do

woke is a religion

they use it as a cudgel, a weapon, to win political arguments

they claim to be the only source of truth, anyone who questions them is an infidel

that is exactly what you do

5 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

but you're doing exactly what the woke do

woke is a religion

they use it as a cudgel, a weapon, to win political arguments

they claim to be the only source of truth, anyone who questions them is an infidel

that is exactly what you do

The Bible is the source of all truth and wisdom because it came from God.  The world is full of false religions, some under the cover of ideology or moral superiority.  The woke belief system is just another false religion masquerading as being morally superior.  The Bible is a two-edge sword that exposes lies, false religions and ideology pretending to be morally superior.  That's why the Devil hates the Bible and resists those who use it in defence.  If you are working against the Bible, you already know whom you are serving and it's not the God of the Bible.

15 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. 3. This is a good first draft for the speech announcing that the parties representing a majority of voters are banned

I'm not advocating for banana republic governance

I'm simply extrapolating where things will go, now that banana republic governance has been imposed

I am not in control, none of the parties represent me, I don't even bother to vote anymore

the point is, the majority of voters move around

the ground shifts quickly, particularly in a massive economic crisis like the one looming now

11 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

by what mechanism ?

God was in the room with Mathew, Mark, Luke & John ?

11 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

by what mechanism ?

God was in the room with Mathew, Mark, Luke & John ?

Yes.  God is present everywhere (omnipresent).  He inspired Matthew, Mark, Luke & John to write the gospels.

How is the Bible inspired? What does it mean for the Bible to be inspired? (compellingtruth.org)

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes.  God is present everywhere (omnipresent).  He inspired Matthew, Mark, Luke & John to write the gospels.

How is the Bible inspired? What does it mean for the Bible to be inspired? (compellingtruth.org)

inspired how ?

did they see visions ?

there's no explanation in the books as to how they know what they wrote

12 hours ago, blackbird said:

Your dispute is with Jesus who taught Christianity is the only true religion and he taught that he is the only Savior.

My dispute is not with Jesus but with his overzealous and evangelistic followers like you that misinterpret his message.

the bible if obviously full of contradictions

for example, in John, Jesus is speaking to all Christians in the future

but since Jesus has not been crucified at that time, there is no such thing as a Christian

the Christians don't exist until after Jesus is killed

so how can Jesus be addressing people which don't even exist and which he could not be aware of ?

even if you believe Jesus is the Son of God, in his earthly form, Jesus does not have the awareness of a god

Edited by Dougie93