Jump to content

Canadian Anti-Hate Network


Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, blackbird said:

  I don't have time for nonsense or baiting.

don't mind me, just shooting the breeze

there's no need for you to respond at all

I'm just chilling on my deck in the sunshine, passing the time, listening to some tunes, drinking a Caesar

that's Canada, bro

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

there are plenty

you have no capacity to reason on your own

you just defer to a book you don’t understand

and use that misunderstanding as a weapon to attack those who don't agree with you

So-called contradictions have been answered by more than one source.  Certainly I can reason on my own.  I don't claim to know everything about the Bible and there are thousands of verses that people can dissect and invent contradictions.  Context has a major part in interpretation.  Verses have often been taken out of context.  

But I don't really have the time to engage in a game of hide and seek with people who are just looking for an excuse to not believe the Bible or using it to be provocative or baiting.  I have better things to do with my time.

No, I don't use it as a "weapon".  God ordained the Bible to teach, guide, and yes defend against falsehood and liars coming from the Prince of Lies, the Devil.  So there are times when it must be used to refute false interpretation and claims.

If someone has a sincere question about what a verse means, I am more than pleased to try to find the answer.  But the Bible is made up of many books and nobody has all the answers off the top of their head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

 God ordained the Bible to teach, guide, and yes defend against falsehood and liars coming from the Prince of Lies, the Devil.  So there are times when it must be used to refute false interpretation and claims.

God did not ordain the bible

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

God did not ordain the bible

 

 

" 20  Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21  For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."  2 Peter 1:20 KJV

" 16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." 2 Timothy 3:16 KJV

When scripture says it was inspired by God as this verse does, one could say it was ordained by God although the word is not the exact same meaning.  There is some similarity in the meaning.

The word ordained is defined in a dictionary this way:

Quote

order or decree (something) officially:

"equal punishment was ordained for the two crimes"

synonyms:

decree · rule · order · command · enjoin · lay down · set down · establish · fix · enact · legislate · dictate · prescribe · pronounce

(especially of God or fate) prescribe; determine (something):

"the path ordained by God"    unquote

inspire -  fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative:

What does it mean that scripture is inspired or God-breathed is explained in this article:

What does it mean that the Bible is God-breathed? | GotQuestions.org

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

" 20  Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21  For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."  2 Peter 1:20 KJV

" 16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." 2 Timothy 3:16 KJV

When scripture says it was inspired by God as this verse does, one could say it was ordained by God although the word is not the exact same meaning.  There is some similarity in the meaning.

The word ordained is defined in a dictionary this way:

Quote

order or decree (something) officially:

"equal punishment was ordained for the two crimes"

synonyms:

decree · rule · order · command · enjoin · lay down · set down · establish · fix · enact · legislate · dictate · prescribe · pronounce

(especially of God or fate) prescribe; determine (something):

"the path ordained by God"    unquote

inspire -  fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative:

What does it mean that scripture is inspired or God-breathed is explained in this article:

What does it mean that the Bible is God-breathed? | GotQuestions.org

 

nowhere in the scripture is it written that God decreed, ruled, ordered, nor commanded the Gospels to be written

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

nowhere in the scripture is it written that God decreed, ruled, ordered, nor commanded the Gospels to be written

 

It took you about one or two minutes to make that reply.  You must automatically just dismiss a lengthy post someone worked on diligently and made to you within seconds.  You obviously never really read it and considered it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It took you about one or two minutes to make that reply.  You must automatically just dismiss a lengthy post someone worked on diligently and made to you within seconds.  You obviously never really read it and considered it.

nowhere is it written in scripture that God himself ordained the Gospels to be written

for a supposedly fundamentalist Christian, you are shockingly ignorant as to the nature of the Gospels

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

nowhere is it written in scripture that God himself ordained the Gospels to be written

for a supposedly fundamentalist Christian, you are shockingly ignorant as to the nature of the Gospels

The verse 2 Timothy 3:16 KJV says clearly that ALL scripture, which includes the gospels, was inspired by God.  How else would anyone interpret that verse.  It is very clear.  ALL scripture.  Therefore God did inspire every word and every book of the Bible to be written.  The gospels are a part of the Bible.

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, blackbird said:

The verse 2 Timothy 3:16 KJV says clearly that ALL scripture, which includes the gospels, was inspired by God.  How else would anyone interpret that verse.  It is very clear.  ALL scripture.  Therefore God did inspire every word and every book of the Bible to written.  The gospels are a part of the Bible.

inspired is not ordianed

ordained is an official decree

that never happened, according to scripture itself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dougie93 said:

inspired is not ordianed

ordained is an official decree

that never happened, according to scripture itself

You are obviously thinking of it from some other view.  What is your problem with the word ordain or with official decree?  If God inspired men to write the scriptures, that is God's decision which he made.  It was no accident.  Ordained is a similar meaning to official decree and similar to inspire men to write.  I don't see what point you are trying to make.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dougie93 said:

it's not in the New Testament

none of Mathew, Mark, Luke, nor John ever invoked that occurring

and according to scripture, Jesus of Nazareth never invoked that neither

 

I never said the word ordain or ordained was in the Bible, although I don't know if it is or not.

I only used the word ordained as a simile which is not forbidden anywhere.  We can use similar words when we communicate.  It conveys the idea that God by his authority conveyed his words to mankind with the Bible.  

Do you believe God spoke through men or inspired men.   Spoke through men is another similar expression to explain what inspired means.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Do you believe God spoke through men or inspired men. 

I believe Jesus of Nazareth led them to the light

but not by official decree

Jesus of Nazareth actually opposed official decree, since he was a heretic to the official decrees of the time

again, if you invoke the official decrees of Yahweh, that makes you a Jew not a Christian

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I believe Jesus of Nazareth led them to the light

but not by official decree

Jesus of Nazareth actually opposed official decree, since he was a heretic to the official decrees of the time

 

In the beginning of the gospel of John Jesus is equated or called the Word.  The Word is God's Word, the Bible.  God made many official decrees throughout the Bible.  Jesus made many official decrees.  You could call his teachings official decrees.  Jesus is God and the Bible is an official decree from God to man.  The ten commandments that God gave to man are official decrees.  

Edited by blackbird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

In the beginning of the gospel of John Jesus is equated or called the Word.  The Word is God's Word, the Bible.  God made many official decrees throughout the Bible.  Jesus made many official decrees.  You could call his teachings official decrees.  Jesus is God and the Bible is an official decree from God to man.  The ten commandments that God gave to man are official decrees.  

Jesus never said he was God

Jesus only said the Son of Man would come to make him the King of the Hebrews

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I believe Jesus of Nazareth led them to the light

but not by official decree

Jesus of Nazareth actually opposed official decree, since he was a heretic to the official decrees of the time

 

Jesus said "16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."   John 3:16 KJV

When God said that one must believe in him to have everlasting life, is that not an "official decree"?   I think it is pretty clear.  That and similar verses are official and are decrees.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Jesus said "16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."   John 3:16 KJV

When God said that one must believe in him to have everlasting life, is that not an "official decree"?   I think it is pretty clear.  That and similar verses are official and are decrees.   

but Jesus never said he was God

and Jesus never told you to worship a book

worshipping a book is what Muslims do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Jesus never said he was God

Jesus only said the Son of Man would come to make him the King of the Hebrews

Jesus may not have said it in that specific way or using those specific words, but the general teaching and other things that he said dis make the claim that he is God.  One reason the Jews had him crucified was because he claimed to be God.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Jesus may not have said it in that specific way or using those specific words, but the general teaching and other things that he said dis make the claim that he is God.  One reason the Jews had him crucified was because he claimed to be God.  

Jesus never claimed to be God

the Jews did not have him crucified

they simply turned him into the Romans for claiming that he was King

the Romans did not crucify him for claiming to be God, only for claiming to be King

that was treason to the Romans, and the punishment was crucifixion

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

but Jesus never said he was God

and Jesus never told you to worship a book

worshipping a book is what Muslims do

quote

The Bible teaches that Jesus is God in many places. However, there is no place where the exact three words “Jesus is God” occur. But we don’t need those exact words to determine that Jesus is God in the flesh because the Scriptures declare his deity in different ways. There are many verses that teach this.

John 1:1,14, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God…14, And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.”

John 5:18, “For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.”

John 8:24 – “I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins.”  (The word “he” is not found in the Greek. Compare with Exodus 3:14)

John 8:58 with Exodus 3:14.  John 8:58, “Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.”  Exodus 3:14, “And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

John 20:28, “Thomas answered and said to Him, ‘My Lord and my God!’”

Col. 2:9, “For in Him all the fulness of Deity dwells in bodily form.”

Phil. 2:5-8, “Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”

Heb. 1:8, “But of the Son He says, “Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.”

So, it should be quite clear that the writers of the New Testament considered Jesus to be divine.

Unquote

Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus is God? | carm.org

NO, I don't worship a book.  As I said, I worship the God who inspired men to write the book.  So it must be reverenced, studied, and believed.  It is one way God speaks to me personally and speaks to others personally.  It is therefore not just any book, but a very special book, particularly the King James Version. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the Bible was not written by Jesus

Jesus never claimed that he was God, nowhere is that written

Jesus said the Son of Man would come to make him King of the Hebrews

then the Hebrews went to the Romans to complain

then the Romans had Jesus arrested

at his trial, the Roman governor Pilatus asked Jesus if he would like to recant his claim to the throne of Judea

Jesus refused, so the Romans had him executed for treason against the Imperator, by crucifixion

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dougie93 said:

the Bible was not written by Jesus

Jesus never claimed that he was God, nowhere is that wrtten

Jesus said the Son of Man would come to make him King of the Hebrews

then the Hebrews went to the Romans to complain

then the Romans had Jesus arrested

at his trial, the Roman governor Pilatus asked Jesus if he would like to recant his claim to the throne of Judea

Jesus refused, so the Romans had him executed fro treason against the Imperator, by crucifixion

I just gave you the article with verses that show Jesus is God.  Did you read them and consider it?  Look at John 5:18.  Jesus was calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.  That is especially why the Jews wanted to kill him.  Read the first chapter of the gospel of John.  It refers to the Word as God in verse 1. Then in verse 14 it says the word became flesh (Jesus) and dwelt among us.  So Jesus (the Word) came to earth and dwelt with the people.  He took on human flesh.  That is what it says.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I just gave you the article with verses that show Jesus is God.

but Jesus himself did not claim that

Jesus of Nazareth never said that

if you believe that he is God

why do you not listen to him ?

again, you are worshipping a book written by man, not the man the book is written about

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

but Jesus himself did not claim that

Jesus of Nazareth never said that

if you believe that he is God

why do you not listen to him ?

again, you are worshipping a book written by man, not the man the book is written about

You are obviously not reading or paying attention to the verses I quoted to you.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,764
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    RevolutionPartyofCanada
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

    • gatomontes99 went up a rank
      Mentor
    • Matthew went up a rank
      Enthusiast
    • Matthew earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • User went up a rank
      Veteran
    • PoliFile earned a badge
      First Post
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...