Neo-Marxists cannot be reasoned with

Trudeau, the Liberals and NDP love living off the military strength of America.  Canada won't even meet it's NATO commitment of 2% of GDP spending on the military and Trudeau has no intention of meeting it.  Trudeau talks a great line to the world about supporting Ukraine and sends 675 Canadian soldiers to Latvia to join NATO, but this is all virtue signaling.  Trudeau refuses to step up and properly finance the Canadian Forces even though the Conservatives have been pointing this fault out for years.  The NDP is strongly opposed to spending on the military.  They live in some kind of pacifist dream world.  Russia or China would walk right in and take over Canada's north if it were not for the U.S. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Great American said:

Insult from the ungrateful Canadian.

Why would I wear the symbol of a weak vassal state. Have you been listening to your state controlled fake news again, Marxist boy?

No insult at all. Just an observation.

Why do Americans wear a Maple Leaf symbol? To differentiate themselves from right wing radical Americans like you.

29 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Trudeau, the Liberals and NDP love living off the military strength of America.  Canada won't even meet it's NATO commitment of 2% of GDP spending on the military and Trudeau has no intention of meeting it.  Trudeau talks a great line to the world about supporting Ukraine and sends 675 Canadian soldiers to Latvia to join NATO, but this is all virtue signaling.  Trudeau refuses to step up and properly finance the Canadian Forces even though the Conservatives have been pointing this fault out for years.  The NDP is strongly opposed to spending on the military.  They live in some kind of pacifist dream world.  Russia or China would walk right in and take over Canada's north if it were not for the U.S. 

Canadians have never lived up to it's NATO commitment of 2%, ever. Be it Conservative or Liberal governments. That has been a major problem and complaint from the beginning of NATO.

Mulroney talked a great line as did Harper but we have always let down our NATO partners.

The NDP has been anti military since Tommy Douglas founded it.

10 minutes ago, ironstone said:

I agree with the premise of this thread

Thank you sir.

11 minutes ago, ironstone said:

They strongly oppose the right to free speech and they generally are lacking even basic common sense.

Again, 100% correct. ?

2 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Canadians have never lived up to it's NATO commitment of 2%, ever . . . . 

Hah! And yet when I say that my tax dollars have paid for your protection for 75 years, you insult me. You are an asshole.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Great American said:

You are welcome for enjoying our benevolent protection under our nuclear umbrella for that last 75 years by the way. My taxes paid for that, asshole

Let's see, the US has invaded Canada three times. They got their ass kicked all three times. When Canada fought in the Great War, where were our American protectors? They hid for three years and finally joined the allies just in time to claim the Glory. Then, they decided draw up a plan (Plan 1919) to invade us for a fourth time after the Great War. That plan was never implemented, but it begs the question, who are the Americans protecting us from. In World War II, same thing. They hid for three years and finally joined us to defeat the Nazis. I will say the their participation was critical and the Marshall Plan was the greatest act by a victorious power in human history and showed the true spirit of the American people. In the Korean War, it was the PPCLI who stopped the communists from driving the US forces into the sea.

My point is, who are the Americans protecting us from? The US is the only country that can logistically invade Canada.

Fortunately, for the forseeable future, that is a remote possibility. If a future US administration ever considers an attack on Canada, they should sit down with General Valery Gerasimov, Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Army, and ask him for his wisdom.

In the meantime, we shall enjoy our warm relations with one of the greatest countries on earth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

My point is, who are the Americans protecting us from? The US is the only country that can logistically invade Canada.

China and Russia could easily take over Canada if America was not there to prevent it.  China and Russia both have the military power to easily take over.  Logistically yes they could.  Canada has a very small military and very few military ships and aircraft.

56 minutes ago, Great American said:

Hah! And yet when I say that my tax dollars have paid for your protection for 75 years, you insult me. You are an asshole.

Your tax dollars do not pay for Canada's NATO commitment... asshole right back at ya.

Your country has never had to protect Canada, ever. You lost to s,we burned down your white house and we let you go. You owe us LOL

I don't and never have insulted you, I made valid observations by your comments and posts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Canadians have never lived up to it's NATO commitment of 2%, ever. Be it Conservative or Liberal governments. That has been a major problem and complaint from the beginning of NATO.

Mulroney talked a great line as did Harper but we have always let down our NATO partners.

The NDP has been anti military since Tommy Douglas founded it.

Yes all political parties have failed to maintain our military.  The defense budget should be at least doubled.   The NDP are the worst.  They believe in delivering foreign aid but not supporting the military.  They live in some kind of alternate reality or dreamworld.  Lot of peaceniks.

Edited by blackbird

19 minutes ago, blackbird said:

China and Russia could easily take over Canada if America was not there to prevent it.  China and Russia both have the military power to easily take over.  Logistically yes they could.  Canada has a very small military and very few military ships and aircraft.

China is a long way away, the logistical problems would be formidable. Much the same for Russia and the Ukrainians have shown how bad the Russian Military is. British analysts calculate Russia has lost a third of its initial invasion force. 

I mean no disrespect to our Great American friend. It is just important to remember gratitude id a two way street. It is also important to remember war is the most terrible of any human enterprise. While the current Russian administration has become a potentially current threat, that is due to the enabling policies of the previous US administration. The former President destabilized the structure of international relations causing President Putin to mis-judge the resolve of NATO. 

China is not a threat. They are not prone to invading other countries with the exception of assistance to North Korea and a stupid invasion of Viet Nam, which resulted in a humiliating defeat.

8 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You may want to know that he called for our destruction. And by our, I mean pretty much all of Canada because conservatives are to the left of the Democrats. 

Then he added it to say it was metaphorical. But it wasn't.

Well it can't be very serious. The concern and fear over the size and the scope of the Red Dawn that has seized America should have long long ago, and I mean years ago, triggered tens if not hundreds of thousands of right-wingers to take up arms against the government.  What exactly are they waiting for?

For all intents and purposes it looks like communism is burying America without having to fire a single shot. It's phenomenal.

Edited by eyeball
  • Haha 1

Just now, eyeball said:

1.  What exactly are they waiting for?

For all intents and purposes it looks like communism is burying America with having to fire a single shot. It's phenomenal.

1. They're waiting for the next culprit to be identified.  Gay Marriage, Cultural Marxism and the Deficit died before Trump took office, and now it's Transgenders, Wokism and the Deficit.  And masks.

34 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

My point is, who are the Americans protecting us from? The US is the only country that can logistically invade Canada

For decades the US and the USSR adhered to the MAD doctrine of Mutually Assured Destruction. And if the USA went up in a ball of smoke, Canada would have gone with us. Thats what we protected you from.

Sometimes I wish the United States WOULD withdraw behind our walls into Fortress America, and let all of you go straight down the toilet. Lets let China step in as the new power over shipping lanes, and lets let Russia control the worlds oil, and lets all of you fat lazy arses who are use to sucking on our teet fend for yourselves. America can produce enough to be self sustaining of we really buckle down to it. The rest of you? You'd be fucked.

Canadian Leftists make me wish we had let Hitler take all your asses down.

I mean no disrespect to our Great American friend

Sure you do. Most of you have been disrespecting me since I signed up. And all it does is prove the premise of this thread to be true.

Edited by Great American

I used to advocate for a viable Canadian military but nobody wants to pay for it. Any Defence policy that is not able to defeat any enemy independent of alliances is a waste of money. Do you seriously think Canadians would pay for rebuilding the Canadian military. I posed the question the Stockwell Day when he was Leader of the Opposition. He had no concept of what an effective military force would cost. The only effective strategy for dealing with an invasion of Canada is to absorb and then bleed the invader until they leave. If it was an American invasion, we would remove them politically.

15 minutes ago, Aristides said:

China is a long way away, the logistical problems would be formidable. Much the same for Russia and the Ukrainians have shown how bad the Russian Military is. British analysts calculate Russia has lost a third of its initial invasion force. 

China and Russia both have lots maybe thousands of missiles.  They have warships and many aircraft.  China has something like a million trained soldiers.  It wouldn't take much to take over Canada with it's miniscule military and practically no airforce or navy.

14 minutes ago, blackbird said:

China and Russia both have lots maybe thousands of missiles.  They have warships and many aircraft.  China has something like a million trained soldiers.  It wouldn't take much to take over Canada with it's miniscule military and practically no airforce or navy.

So they have missiles, you can't invade with a missile. Russia would have to cross the Arctic Ocean. 

4 hours ago, blackbird said:

1. The words cultural Marxism refers to today's liberal ideology which I am sure you must have heard and are well aware of. 

2. Multiculturalism is one of the official policies which tries to give equal prominence or respectability to all religions in Canada.  We have freedom of religion in the Constitution which I agree with, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with other religions. 

3.  A good example of the government's pushing their cultural Marxism is the motion and law against Islamophobia. 

4. Nobody tries to define exactly what that means, but we know what liberals think it means.  It is a form of cultural Marxism. 

5. We still live in a western style, Judeo-Christian society and many of our laws are based on that.  But liberal ideology is trying to destroy that and create some kind of cultural Marxist society. 

1. Yes, it's a label from "pop" politics and talk radio.  It's actually outdated, as much as it is meaningless, and has been updated to refer to "wokism".  So try to keep up.

2. Multiculturalism is somewhere like 50 years old.  "Prominence" or "Respectibility" ?  That's just another word for "Freedom of religion" which you supposedly agree with.  Here's a hint: religion is on the decline and you have much more in common with other religions than with atheists so team up with the former and not the latter.

3.  No idea what you are talking about.  Never heard of a law.  There was a non binding motion.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_103#:~:text=Motion 103%2C also known as,to condemn Islamophobia in Canada.

4. Well since 'Cultural Marxism' means basically "a bunch of do-gooders you don't like" then sure.  But most of us don't care if you are bothered by people and want to break down policies and proposals without your side comments thanks.

5. You're repeating scare-mongering talking heads that was created by right-wing MSM.  Please feel free to tell your friends spooky stories, but people who think deeply about policy will just see this as a sideshow, sorry.

Anyway, you won't be convinced and you will continue to use fad language to talk about thinks that you're all scaredy about.  That's your right but that, combined with your cloudy and imprecise language (prominence ?  respectability ?  and yet you think that religions should be treated equally ?  what ? ) make these discussions tiring for me.  

I'm off for my early evening nap.  Pray for me.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

Your country has never had to protect Canada, ever.  

The alliance which we are a part of gives the US sovereignty over our airspace and the north since we are a buffer between them and the greatest threat to NATO.  That's how it works.

Ignorant American pissants who want to blubber about our contribution have a point, in that we aren't keeping our payments up as promised.  But beyond that, why listen to any moron who celebrates a dead empire ?  Move on, EF.

43 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

My understanding is that they have some kind of flying contraption.

Seems redundant given their 5th column has already taken up residence in the White House.

Even if Republicans won everything I doubt the Deep-state would care or even notice.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

So they have missiles, you can't invade with a missile. Russia would have to cross the Arctic Ocean. 

This is in response to those who say America is not protecting Canada.   Sure they could if the U.S. was not protecting Canada.  They could easily hit a few cities in Canada, like Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and the government would have to surrender right away or be wiped off the map.  But because America is protecting Canada, it won't happen.  We  live off the coat tails of America.

Edited by blackbird
  • Like 1