What do you think of the Disney debacle?  Are you on Disney’s or DeSantis side?

25 minutes ago, Luz P. said:

Money and class rule supreme, especially in the criminal justice system. That’s not a conspiracy.

Not sure if you’re minimizing the issue because you truly believe pedophilia isn’t a problem or just being a contrarian for debate purposes.

None of this answers my question.  Do I have it right?

Canadian elites, including conservatives, are complicit in supporting a network of pedophiles right?

Maybe you aren't answering because you can see how it sounds.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Maybe you aren't answering because you can see how it sounds.

I know exactly how it sounds. This is one reason why pedophilia remains a problem and why the powerful get away with it – the poor not so much.

23 hours ago, Luz P. said:

It did come across (to me) as a hissy fit. Timing is everything. He should have found a better way to convey his disapproval. Now an argument can be made that he’s for freedom of speech only in his terms.

Sometimes one has to raise their voice to try and get the message out that they are trying to get out. Desantis terms are pretty much conservative terms. When one is dealing with liberals, it is hard to not want to raise ones voice and show disapproval especially when one is trying to get their message out to a bunch of dumb lefty liberal snowflakes. 

Maybe Desantis should try breathing a lot harder so that his warm breath out of his mouth can melt all of those toddler snowflake liberals, and watch them all melt away and then dry up. ?

2 hours ago, Luz P. said:

I know exactly how it sounds. 

It's a conspiracy theory, and a classic one.  I wouldn't live in a society where I thought our representatives were preying on us.

You probably feel that your views are moral somehow, but I think that ultimately you are accepting an inhumane society.

But it's not happening.  There's no evil secret society controlling the system.  It would be impossible to keep secret.

18 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's a conspiracy theory, and a classic one. 

There's no evil secret society controlling the system.

It's not about morality but rather about having a grasp of reality.   It’s easy to dismiss inhumanness by sarcastically labeling it “An Evil Secret Society”.  OK then, if the powerful aren’t involved, why do we have human trafficking, pedophilia, drug cartels, famine, war, pollution, etc.?

They are involved and are experts at legitimizing these problems. It's happening all right and in plain sight, but most are reluctant to open their eyes, it's called cognitive dissonance.

Regardless of what people think of DeSantis education policy or Disneys criticism of it, it’s an exteme abuse of office. 

Imagine if you publicly criticized your mayor’s education policy and announced that you will no longer give political contributions to anyone…and so in retaliation the next day the mayor passes an act that quadruples the property tax on JUST YOUR HOUSE  and he openly admits that the only reason he’s doing it is to punish you for criticizing him and the law serves no other practical purpose. Using your office to harass and settle scores with your personal enemies is ABUSE OF OFFICE plain and simple.

Not to mention that even corporations have first amendment rights to express themselves as they please and the right to donate or not donate as they please. 

Now consider that by repealing this agreement the Florida counties that surround Disney World are now on the hook for billions of infrastructure that Disney used to pay for. Similar to Texas purposely delaying trucks at the border with phoney “enhanced safety inspections” that cost the Texas and US economy billions. Running things into the ground and enacting self-harming policies just to lash out at enemies is another example of growing right wing fascism in the US

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Regardless of what people think of DeSantis education policy or Disneys criticism of it, it’s an exteme abuse of office. 

Imagine if you publicly criticized your mayor’s education policy and announced that you will no longer give political contributions to anyone…and so in retaliation the next day the mayor passes an act that quadruples the property tax on JUST YOUR HOUSE  and he openly admits that the only reason he’s doing it is to punish you for criticizing him and the law serves no other practical purpose. Using your office to harass and settle scores with your personal enemies is ABUSE OF OFFICE plain and simple.

Not to mention that even corporations have first amendment rights to express themselves as they please and the right to donate or not donate as they please. 

Now consider that by repealing this agreement the Florida counties that surround Disney World are now on the hook for billions of infrastructure that Disney used to pay for. Similar to Texas purposely delaying trucks at the border with phoney “enhanced safety inspections” that cost the Texas and US economy billions. Running things into the ground and enacting self-harming policies just to lash out at enemies is another example of growing right wing fascism in the US

Teaching sexual content to young kids is not just wrong...it's sick. The law is a good one.

Lying about this good law and trying to use significant corporate weight to spread said lie...is begging for trouble. Disney had its butt exposed and got bit for being...stupid. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 12:27 PM, Luz P. said:

Agreed. DeSantis hissy fit has actually exposed the charade of how America (as compared to China or Russia) stands for “freedom of speech”…

That is total garbage. Here is why:

The people of Florida passed a law by way of their elected leaders that they did not want little kids exposed to sexual issues. That is their right, and it was done the way a democracy works.

A billionaire from a big media company in an entirely different state did not like the law and decided to interfere in our democracy by using corporate power to overturn the will of the people.

That is not free speech you imbecile, that is using power to thwart the democrat process.

Now, this company, which also had assets in Florida, was getting away with sweetheart deals of paying no taxes. I believe it was Bernie Sanders who said that companies need to pay their fair share, so DeSantis said, its time for you to start. Let that be a lesson to you.

The cherry on the cake is the issue: Sick filthy degenerate teachers were grooming little kids 5 to 8 years old in schools with their sexual opinions. Disney supported that. The people of Florida did not like that. The people of Florida won, thank God.

As for YOU, your ignorance on the issue, and your siding with quasi-pedophiles, and with big media who think they can usurp the democratic process, says much about you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luz P. said:

Sad to see someone who is unable to make an argument without personal attacks

Sad to see someone like you who used any snarky attack as an excuse to ignore the argument I made. How convenient for you to avoid the fact that I destroyed your lie.

Here you go, sans the attack:

The people of Florida passed a law by way of their elected leaders that they did not want little kids exposed to sexual issues. That is their right, and it was done the way a democracy works.

A billionaire from a big media company in an entirely different state did not like the law and decided to interfere in our democracy by using corporate power to overturn the will of the people.

That is not free speech as you say it is, that is using power to thwart the democrat process.

Now, this company, which also had assets in Florida, was getting away with sweetheart deals of paying no taxes. I believe it was Bernie Sanders who said that companies need to pay their fair share, so DeSantis said, its time for you to start. Let that be a lesson to you.

The cherry on the cake is the issue: Sick filthy degenerate teachers were grooming little kids 5 to 8 years old in schools with their sexual opinions. Disney supported that. The people of Florida did not like that. The people of Florida won, thank God.

As for YOU, your siding with quasi-pedophiles, and with big media who think they can usurp the democratic process, says much.

Edited by Great American
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Luz P. said:

Again, reading and comprehension... jumping in without understanding the issue just to get the diatribe off your chest.

Translation: You got your ass beat down and all you can do is spew out lame insults. Buh bye.

• Haha 1

Siding with Disney means siding with sexual perverts who want to groom and sexualize very small children.

Siding with DeSantis means siding with the democratic process where the people of a state decide what their laws will be.

Thats is. Period.

Oh, and by the way, as usual, the sexual degenerates Disney supports are leftists and democrats, as usual.

On 5/10/2022 at 7:59 AM, Luz P. said:

Again, reading and comprehension... jumping in without understanding the issue just to get the diatribe off your chest.

You're talking about reading comprehension but FYI the word gay isn't even in the bill. It's the leftists who failed the reading comprehension portion of the test.

DeSantis passed a Bill into law that never should have been necessary in the first place. Common sense dictates that small children shouldn't be bombarded with information of a sexual nature at their schools. That's a family matter.

I never tied this is before because I never thought about it, but here in BC (more specifically Surrey where my son goes to school), children sign a document which states that they're not allowed to electronically record anything on school property - neither on audio nor video.

Obviously that's not worth the paper that it's written on, because contracts signed by minors in BC can't be enforced against them, but no doubt it will discourage most kids from doing it.

It's also against the right of any citizen in Canada to record the audio of any face-to-face conversation that they're a party to. 

Anyways, I've always wondered why teachers cared so much about whether or not a kid records what they're saying in a classroom. Now I guess we know one of the reasons, and it's not good.

The people who want to take the position that "every kid in the rez schools was abused" should never for a second take the position that "What happens in the grade 2 classroom, stays in the grade 2 classroom."

19 hours ago, Luz P. said:

I don't engage with edgelords, that's all.

What you don't do is know what the hell you are talking about. I don't know what the f*ck an edgelord is anyway you dope.

What I stated is FACT:

On 5/8/2022 at 4:01 PM, Great American said:

. . . . The people of Florida passed a law by way of their elected leaders that they did not want little kids exposed to sexual issues. That is their right, and it was done the way a democracy works.

That is not free speech as you say it is, that is using power to thwart the democrat process.

The cherry on the cake is the issue: Sick filthy degenerate teachers were grooming little kids 5 to 8 years old in schools with their sexual opinions. Disney supported that. The people of Florida did not like that. The people of Florida won, thank God. . . . .

On 5/11/2022 at 4:05 AM, Great American said:

Siding with Disney means siding with sexual perverts who want to groom and sexualize very small children.

Siding with DeSantis means siding with the democratic process where the people of a state decide what their laws will be.

Thats is. Period.

Oh, and by the way, as usual, the sexual degenerates Disney supports are leftists and democrats, as usual.

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You're talking about reading comprehension but FYI the word gay isn't even in the bill. It's the leftists who failed the reading comprehension portion of the test.

DeSantis passed a Bill into law that never should have been necessary in the first place. Common sense dictates that small children shouldn't be bombarded with information of a sexual nature at their schools. That's a family matter.

YOU are 100% correct. I make you an honorary Great American. LOL ?? 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

I don’t know how many times or in how many different ways I have to say I agree with DeSantis. Florida educators shouldn’t be teaching about sexual orientation or gender identity in kindergarten through third grade.  And parents should be able to sue if the schools or instructors have been in violation. Why would anyone want to discuss sexual orientation or gender identity with a 7yo when there are so many other topics of greater relevance to their development? 

FYI – Read my previous posts.  I agreed, the word GAY isn’t mentioned anywhere on the bill.

What I argued from the get-go, is the financial retaliation against a corporation because you dislike their position. How does that support freedom of speech?

Also, we still have to see the consequences of taking away Disney’s SB4 designation. Was the designation fair? Probably not, however, now DeSantis has to figure out how exactly will this affect Florida’s economy.  Who on earth would visit Orlando if it wasn’t for Disney?

28 minutes ago, Luz P. said:

I don’t know how many times or in how many different ways I have to say I agree with DeSantis. Florida educators shouldn’t be teaching about sexual orientation or gender identity in kindergarten through third grade.  And parents should be able to sue if the schools or instructors have been in violation. Why would anyone want to discuss sexual orientation or gender identity with a 7yo when there are so many other topics of greater relevance to their development? 

FYI – Read my previous posts.  I agreed, the word GAY isn’t mentioned anywhere on the bill.

Congratz on being the only sensible leftist.

What I argued from the get-go, is the financial retaliation against a corporation because you dislike their position. How does that support freedom of speech?

They don't just have "a position", as in "we disagree with that", they have a publicly stated goal of changing a law, and that's way beyond the pale.

They're throwing their corporate might directly against Florida's democratically-arrived-at law and as a result their power and influence as a corporation are being curtailed. 

Disney is threatening to wage a political campaign for the sexual education of small children...

They didn't get the status that they had because they were trying to create laws and lord over the sexual orientation on 5 yr olds, they got it because they were a world-leader in childhood entertainment and one of the greatest American institutions of the last half of the 20th century. 

They've abandoned what made them great and became political activists. They lost their special status. They won't continue to get tax breaks and special exemptions just so that they can operate as an oligarch. 

Also, we still have to see the consequences of taking away Disney’s SB4 designation. Was the designation fair? Probably not, however, now DeSantis has to figure out how exactly will this affect Florida’s economy.  Who on earth would visit Orlando if it wasn’t for Disney?

I'd argue that Florida's democracy is more important than a minor hit to their economy, but will their economy even suffer? It seams like they just generated a massive income stream that they never had before and I don't think that what DeSantis did will slow traffic to Disney. The damage done to Disney's brand occurred when they opened their mouths and interfered with the parent-child relationships of every Floridian. 

Universal studios is also in Orlando, I've been there myself - it's pretty cool.

Florida's beached aren't going anywhere. Florida, now more than ever, is seen as a place of freedom and American values. 

Florida is flourishing under DeSantis. If you want to worry about an entire state, worry about California.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Florida's beached aren't going anywhere. Florida, now more than ever, is seen as a place of freedom and American values. 

Florida is flourishing under DeSantis. If you want to worry about an entire state, worry about California.

Florida is very popular, with both conservatives and liberals, that’s for sure.  Both are moving there in record numbers and for different reasons.  The economy is already suffering, and locals are bearing the brunt.  Are you aware of the spike in rents?  Obscene! And since Florida prohibits rent control, it's harming Floridians to the benefit of New Yorkers and Californians who can afford to pay the ridiculously high prices.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-least-affordable-state-us-miami-tampa-orlando-naples-rent/

On 5/6/2022 at 7:20 AM, Nationalist said:

Teaching sexual content to young kids is not just wrong...it's sick. The law is a good one.

Lying about this good law and trying to use significant corporate weight to spread said lie...is begging for trouble. Disney had its butt exposed and got bit for being...stupid. 

Like I said: 

Regardless of what people think of DeSantis education policy or Disneys criticism of it, it’s an exteme abuse of office. 

Fascists who don’t believe in anything except using their power to hurt the people they hate by any means available wouldn’t understand.   So apparently you believe that someone expressing an opinion that you don’t  like justifies state punishment.  So much for you pretending you believe in Freedom of Speech! You’re just another fascist. 

PS your claims about the “sick sexual content” are lies. But that’s beside the point. 

Edited by BeaverFever

4 hours ago, Luz P. said:

Florida is very popular, with both conservatives and liberals, that’s for sure.  Both are moving there in record numbers and for different reasons.  The economy is already suffering, and locals are bearing the brunt.  Are you aware of the spike in rents?  Obscene! And since Florida prohibits rent control, it's harming Floridians to the benefit of New Yorkers and Californians who can afford to pay the ridiculously high prices.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-least-affordable-state-us-miami-tampa-orlando-naples-rent/

Florida and Texas just gained congressional seats because of their increase in population, California and NY lost one each. 

It's clear that democrat policies aren't working at the state level or the federal level, but Americans might be looking at another year of mail-in ballot fraud, so it's not clear if there's an end in sight. 

Honestly, if Pelosi, Schumer, Schiff, Biden, Harris, Petie, AOC and the rest of the Dems gave a shit about the US they'd all quit their jobs. We all know that's not happening though, and the only possible reason is that they're evil. 

10 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

Like I said:  Regardless of what people think of DeSantis education policy or Disneys criticism of it, it’s an exteme abuse of office

You are totally ignorant of the facts. The Legislature voted. He did not act on his own. 

And what did they vote for? To make Disney pay the same taxes as all other business.

You call that an extreme abuse of office? You have no clue what you are talking about.

Edited by Great American
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

Like I said: 

Regardless of what people think of DeSantis education policy or Disneys criticism of it, it’s an exteme abuse of office. 

You shouldn't be bragging about the fact that you said that. 

Fascists who don’t believe in anything except using their power to hurt the people they hate by any means available wouldn’t understand.   So apparently you believe that someone expressing an opinion that you don’t  like justifies state punishment.  So much for you pretending you believe in Freedom of Speech! You’re just another fascist. 

Disney didn't "express an opinion". They openly expressed their intention to change a Florida law.

The last time I checked, Florida had a duly elected government that passed a law which is favoured by a large majority of their voters. Even a lot of Democrats don't want sexual instruction for their kids between K-3. What happened in Florida is actually the opposite of fascism. It's democracy in action.

It would actually be fascism if a special interest group too over the education of all American children. It should actually be the majority that decides what their children will or will not be taught and if/when it happens. That's the case n Florida.

Fascism is like the extra-judicial freezing of bank accounts of political opponents (eg Hitler in 1933 and Trudeau in 2022). Fascism is sending unidentified police officers to brutalize peaceful protesters (eg Hitler's brownshirts and Trudeau's officers who beat people up in Ottawa). Fascism is hate-mongering a large group of people and then setting up a vaccine passport system to designate people as "lesser-thans" (like the Nazi's gesundheitspass and Trudeau's gesundheitspass). Fascism is when the leader of the government controls the media, police and judiciary (like Hitler in 1933 and Trudeau in 2022). 

Now you know what actual fascism looks like. Don't get 0.0% on this topic again Beave.