Trudeau Gets Slammed At NATO Meeting

11 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

actually just being in the combat arms is plenty dangerous enough

personnel are killed in training all the time

like Master Corporal Stan Wheeler who was run over by an M113

or Lt. Colonel Dan Bobbit, who was killed when his LAVIII rolled over

Gross.

A guy on my sister the ship, the Saskatchewan, lost half of his foot in a 3'50 gun mounting while I was on the Qu'Appelle. He tried to catch some Zs during a fire-ex and when the gun pointed straight up, and the breech end came down below the deck level, his foot got chopped in there. 

In the end it was probably more embarrassing than painful for him. The pain lasted a few weeks, but he has been explaining how it happened since the late '80s. 

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

For the purpose of this topic, there are two kinds of people imo: those who served in actual combat in combat roles and people who didn't. 

A guy like Tom Clancy may have more knowledge about all the different weapon systems and combat units in the world than ten average soldiers from different countries combined, but you could never compare his knowledge of combat to someone who actually served in it. 

I have a lot of knowledge of cold war naval combat capabilities but zero understand of what it's like to be in a war.I'd never try to tell an actual veteran of naval combat what's what. "No plan survives first contact with the enemy" and imo "No one should disrespect a true vet". If AG says something about combat, I just believe him. I defer to your knowledge of the army as well. It's just normal. 

The closest that I ever came to understanding "combat" [and it was really far from it] was in basic training when we were in a bunker spotting the places where people hit the targets, just over our heads, with the FN. It was a real eye-opener hearing the bullets smash through paper, but sounding like a piece of wood being snapped. Delusions of feeling heroic instantly melt away. I dunno if I was hearing the sound barrier being broken or the noise of the bullets going through the paper, but I instantly knew that I wanted no piece of it. 

I'm not trying to deny anybody their veteran status

if you served 35 years and you were doing a dangerous job like SAR, that's a veteran to me

I just think it's unprofessional and in fact cowardly, to be attacking civilians by lording military service over them

there are plenty of civilian jobs which are way more dangerous than serving in the military

like a lumberjack has a way dangerous job than serving in a non combat arms role

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Gross.

A guy on my sister the ship, the Saskatchewan, lost half of his foot in a 3'50 gun mounting while I was on the Qu'Appelle. He tried to catch some Zs during a fire-ex and when the gun pointed straight up, and the breech end came down below the deck level, his foot got chopped in there. 

In the end it was probably more embarrassing than painful for him. The pain lasted a few weeks, but he has been explaining how it happened since the late '80s. 

the most serious injury I sustained in my career was a training accident

i collapsed from heat stroke upon completing an infantry competition in the blazing summer heat

I got up off the range at the end, I was walking to the rest area, and I just collapsed

it was like the ground came up and hit me in the face

while I was unconscious, they were rushing me to base hospital in the ambulance

they put me in an ice bath, a tub full of ice, they were working on me in the emergency room

I was unconscious for hours

I don't remember any of it, I just woke up in the hospital wondering what happened

my CO, RSM & Padre standing at the end of my bed, looking concerned

the RSM said "ffs, Smitty, we thought you were dead"

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

the most serious injury I sustained in my career was a training accident

i collapsed from heat stroke upon completing an infantry competition in the blazing summer heat

I got up off the range at the end, I was walking to the rest area, and I just collapsed

it was like the ground came up and hit me in the face

while I was unconscious, they were rushing me to base hospital in the ambulance

they put me in an ice bath, a tub full of ice, they were working on me in the emergency room

I was unconscious for hours

I don't remember any of it, I just woke up in the hospital wondering what happened

my CO, RSM & Padre standing at the end of my bed, looking concerned

the RSM said "ffs, Smitty, we thought you were dead"

If I was unconscious for hours while my shipmates thought I was dead they'd probably all be drunk by the time I woke up lol. 

3 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Self-righteous much?  Your unquestioning support of bad policy today isn’t okay.  I can’t speak for your service in the past.  You’re saying you were great and we’re expected to believe you?   Okay.  I’d just say, “What have you done for me lately?”   As Liberace said, “You’re only as good as your last performance.”

There is no support of any policy. Just bringing forth some facts.

My Military service is as I said. You or anyone does not need to believe me nor do you have to support it .  I do not brag about it nor would I have mentioned it but, I was asked so I answered.

I have done nothing for you lately and fortunately did not have to do anything for you in the past.

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If I was unconscious for hours while my shipmates thought I was dead they'd probably all be drunk by the time I woke up lol. 

apparently my heart did stop briefly and they were doing compressions on me

I don't have any trauma because I wasn't aware

but when you see them doing compressions on one of your troops, that's nerve racking

it's like I had a recruit collapse on me after getting stung by a bee

his throat started swelling up, I was honestly freaking out, like please don't die on me, kid

• Like 1

Just now, WestCanMan said:

No memories at all? 

the last thing was the ground coming up at me

it didn't feel like I was falling, it was like the ground was coming up to me

I sort of recoiled from it, I just remember thinking "wtf is happening, the ground is moving?!"

then the next thing was the hospital room

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I was a infantryman

reconnaissance patrolman

infantry section commander

infantry battleschool instructor

you claim to have been a Chief Warrant Officer in the Canadian Forces ?

I honestly find that hard to believe, based on your extreme unprofessionalism

in you going online anonymously, demanding to be worshiped as some sort of war hero

it's just not something I would expect from a supposedly most senior of NCO's

You were a lowly Master Corporal. In terms of rank, you were near the bottom. Corporal and Master Corporal are pretty well automatic promotional for any one in the Military.
Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back.

I retired a CWO. You do not have to believe it or like it. You have no idea what I did or how I earned my rank. It was not  automatic. As far as my NDHQ tour, it was on major crown procurement projects for badly needed Military equipment.

It is my history and I am OK with it. Denounce all you what, I know and did.

Edited by ExFlyer

3 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

You were a lowly Master Corporal. In terms of rank, you were near the bottom. Corporal and Master Corporal are pretty well automatic promotional for any one in the Military.

I retired a CWO. You do not have to believe it or like it. You have no idea what I did or how I earned my rank. It was not  automatic. As far as my NDHQ tour, it was on major crown procurement projects for badly needed Military equipment.

whatever, I'm proud to be a Master Corporal (ret.)

I didn't join for the job, I wasn't in the army for the rank

I just wanted to be an infantryman & Recce Patrolman

there's nobody above me in the combat arms hierarchy except Patrol Pathfinders & JTF2

Edited by Dougie93

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

whatever, I'm proud to be a Master Corporal (ret>)

, I didn't join for the job, I wasn't in the army for the rank

I just wanted to be an infantryman & Recce Patrolman

there's nobody above me in the combat arms hierarchy except Patrol Pathfinders & JTF2

Except Sergeant, Warrant Officer, Master Warrant Officer,. Chief Warrant Officer Regimental Sergeant Major.

Nothing  wrong or demeaning with being a grunt and I appreciate and respect your service.

Edited by ExFlyer

16 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

I appreciate and respect your service.

then stop going around the internet anonymously

acting like an idiot recruit trying to pull rank and lord your military service over other Canadians

it's highly unprofessional, you're making a fool of yourself, and it reflects badly on the whole NCO corps

it's just backfiring on you anyways, none of these civilians are giving you respect, they are ridiculing you

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

then stop going around the internet anonymously

acting like an idiot recruit trying to pull rank and lord your military service over other Canadians

it's highly unprofessional, you're making a fool of yourself, and it reflects badly on the whole NCO corps

it's just backfiring on you anyways, none of these civilians are giving you respect, they are ridiculing you

Ask everybody else to identify themselves Dougie...see what it gets you.

I know what I am and am happy. I don't need to insult as you seem to have to.

Seems you have the complex and that is OK too.  Be well dougie93

1 minute ago, ExFlyer said:

Ask everybody else to identify themselves Dougie...see what it gets you.

I know what I am and am happy. I don't need to insult as you seem to have to.

Seems you have the complex and that is OK too.  Be well dougie93

you are hurling ad hominems all over the forum, so again, you don't live up to your own supposed standards

16 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Ask everybody else to identify themselves Dougie...

none of the other veterans here ever try to pull rank, nor do they try to lord their service over the other members

I'm calling you out for your ridiculous behavior under the claim of being a "CWO"

if you won't back that up, you just make a fool of yourself therein

bear in mind, this is not in anyway an anti military forum

the ranking member here is Bush-Cheney2004

he was an officer in the United States Navy

serving as the missile launch officer on a ballistic missile submarine

Army Guy has to be one of the most decorated soldiers in the Canadian Army, with all his tours in 30 years

Army Guy is literally a war hero

and all the regulars here love & respect him

and he would never pull rank, nor lord his truly heroic service over anybody here

he is the consummate Canadian professional soldier, humble almost to a fault

and Zeitgeist ?

he is honestly one of the greatest Canadians I've ever had the privilege to know

nobody loves Canadian veterans more than Zeitgeist

if you are going to attack my dear friends, I am coming after you, and I make no apologies for it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

bear in mind, this is not in anyway an anti military forum

the ranking member here is Bush-Cheney2004

he was an officer in the United States Navy

serving as the missile launch officer on a ballistic missile submarine

Army Guy has to be one of the most decorated soldiers in the Canadian Army, with all his tours in 30 years

Army Guy is literally a war hero

and all the regulars here love & respect him

and he would never pull rank, nor lord his truly heroic service over anybody here

he is the consummate Canadian professional soldier, humble almost to a fault

and Zeitgeist ?

he is honestly one of the greatest Canadians I've ever had the privilege to know

nobody loves Canadian veterans more than Zeitgeist

if you are going to attack my dear friends, I am coming after you, and I make no apologies for it

Attack? Who? When?

Mellow out Dude.

Army Guy and I had a very good civil discussion.

Edited by ExFlyer

28 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

OK. I give in. You are the best.

no, I was just another face in the ranks

I was just proud to be a lowly Master Corporal

passing my Infantry Section Commanders Course is my greatest professional achievement

but I was no super soldier, I was average at best

the best soldier I ever knew was Warrant Officer Frank Mellish

80003172_1.jpg

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

It is my history and I am OK with it. Denounce all you what, I know and did.

Blah, blah, blah. You're just a civvie now so kiss it.

11 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Blah, blah, blah. You're just a civvie now so kiss it.

Yup, a civvie now with a really good full 70% of my CWO pay military pension. Very OK with being a civvie as much as I was with my Military career.

If that was an attempt at an insult, it sucked LOL

Edited by ExFlyer

I separate DND from the regiments I served with

the regiment is a brotherhood

Canada as a Confederation however,  is a failed state at the threshold of crisis and breakdown of civil order

"slamming Canada" at the NATO meetings is irrelevant

Canada is dysfunctional to the point of no longer carrying out the primary purposes of a Westphalian nation state

Canada is now an isolationist backwater protectorate of the United States, being run like a Banana Republic

literally Puerto Rico North