War In Ukraine

14 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You're the only one who's cheered and hoped for anyone to get hurt here bud.  ?

I do have to admit...I wouldn't sob if you got hurt.

Enjoy your meat grinder while you can. I think its coming to a close soon and you won't be able to cheer on white folk being slaughtered anymore.

5 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

White folk being slaughtered anymore? Who is cheering on White Folks to be slaughtered? Finish the sentence, coward.

Jews? One world government? Soros? NATO? Who, little boy? 

What are you talking about? This is racial to you? Now the shades of a neo-nazi is coming out of this one. 

Stalin was white and slaughtered more folks than any conspiracy you have in your head, active chud. 

Yes...white folk. Russians and their brothers the Ukrainians.

But nice try at putting words in my mouth there Young Padewan. Hell it was worth a try I suppose.

13 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

Russians are brothers with the Ukrainians? Clearly you have no idea about the history since the Tsar's time, what can you expect from an ignorant person that uses the internet as sugar, with no respect for the exchange of ideas or the accuracy of information. 

You are a FSB mule, free, no wonder @athos left, he saw you are doing this work to pass Russian garbage disinformation for free, so he left you here as a servant while he does other work in Australia. Poor poor mule. 

Start at 37:12. And a song for you...

;)

13 minutes ago, Contrarian said:

You did not, redacted again? Other FSB mules? I have seen news coming from KGB land which folks warned about, and were picked up by your redacted, they are the REAL russian mules. 

Of course they are sweetums...

"Its over..."

Just now, Contrarian said:

Over as in what? An agreement to stop it? Sure, that will come, but not now, Russia is bleeding now, and it will long term, with a stronger NATO around it, because Putin decided to invade like a barbarian disregarding International Law. 

LOL...

Delegations from various countries and organizations attending the Ukraine peace summit in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, agreed to continue working together toward "achieving lasting peace in the region," Saudi state news reported Sunday, but no specific developments were revealed.

“The participants agreed on the importance of continuing international consultations and exchanging opinions in order to build a common ground that will pave the way for peace. They also emphasized the importance of benefiting from views and positive suggestions made during this meeting,” according to a statement from the Saudi Press Agency.

In statements Sunday, the head of Ukraine's presidential office called the talks "productive" and "extremely honest and open," while Russia's deputy foreign minister dismissed the talks as "doomed" to prevent meaningful developments.

Some context: The lack of any concrete resolutions announced after the talks does not come as a surprise, as officials had tempered expectations.

The meetings — which did not include representatives from Russia — were seen mostly as a means for laying out future frameworks. They were also viewed as a venue to potentially win support for Kyiv's peace proposals from beyond its core Western backers like the United States and United Kingdom: The meetings included representatives from developing countries and from world powers that have sought to project varying degrees of neutrality in the conflict, like China and India.

Ukraine and Russia remain publicly committed to prerequisites for direct negotiations that the other side finds unacceptable.

OOPS...now the Ukes are looking for a way to "save face". They will have to negotiate with the Russians before that can happen though. Gee...I wonder if the CIA will knock off Ol' Comic-Boy before serious negotiations start?

Wha'd'ya think?

36 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

LOL...

OOPS...now the Ukes are looking for a way to "save face". 

LOL whoops indeed.  Go back to Putin’s original rationale for invading Ukraine, and then review the various goal post shifts to what it is today.

Regime change?  Fantasy.

De-militarization?  Umm…

Halt NATO expansion?  Yikes.

Annex Donbas, Kherson and Zapo provinces?  They didn’t control them when they announced it, and have only lost territory since then.  

Counter-offensive a failure?  Very possible, but compared to Russia’s six month offensive to take Bakhmut, it looks like a master stroke.  Ukraine took more territory back from Russia in six weeks than Russia captured in the previous six months.

Who needs to save face here?  ?

5 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

LOL whoops indeed.  Go back to Putin’s original rationale for invading Ukraine, and then review the various goal post shifts to what it is today.

Regime change?  Fantasy.

De-militarization?  Umm…

Halt NATO expansion?  Yikes.

Annex Donbas, Kherson and Zapo provinces?  They didn’t control them when they announced it, and have only lost territory since then.  

Counter-offensive a failure?  Very possible, but compared to Russia’s six month offensive to take Bakhmut, it looks like a master stroke.  Ukraine took more territory back from Russia in six weeks than Russia captured in the previous six months.

Who needs to save face here?  ?

Well...you for one.

This is winding down and peace will be negotiated.

Ukraine will not retain Crimea or the annexed lands. They will not beat the Russians out of those regions.

All the things you...in particular...have been spewing forth as necessities...will not happen.

Meh...I'm satisfied. Are you?

1 minute ago, Moonbox said:

Yes, we know you're satisfied with Russia invading its neighbors.  Even the average Russian peasant, however, is less deluded than you are about this conflict.  

You know squat...face it.

Find where I said I'm satisfied with Russia invading Ukraine...or p1ss off.

You really are an honourless little liar, aren't ya moonbat.

However...I have said from the beginning that unless NATO troops are in the battle, Ukraine has no chance of "winning" anything. They'll lose the annexed regions and that's that.

What is happening? Ukraine and the ever powerful NATO (cough cough, choke choke) are looking for a way out of this mess. They now know the "goal" is completely unattainable. There are even rumours of the CIA taking Ol' Comic-Boy out completely. I don't know if its true or not...but it sure would put a definitive cap on this folly...wouldn't you agree?

You been wrong this entire time. How's that taste...moonbat?

5 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Find where I said I'm satisfied with Russia invading Ukraine...or p1ss off.

dumbdumb1.thumb.png.1ab0c414528bac12cd84d81e84a11be6.png

There you go, for the 20th time.  

You really are an honourless little liar, aren't ya moonbat.

Nothing is funnier than a deluded muppet parroting Tucker Carlson and Vladimir Putin, whilst questioning anyone else's honor.  You'd struggle to find anyone on this forum with less honor, and less bravery than you - pretending as you do that you care for peace whilst cheering for Ukraine's destruction.  ?

There are even rumours of the CIA taking Ol' Comic-Boy out completely. I don't know if its true or not...but it sure would put a definitive cap on this folly...wouldn't you agree?

Yes yes, your rumors from the clownweb.  

You been wrong this entire time. How's that taste...moonbat?

With Sweden and Finland joining and its traditional adversary hobbled and humiliated in Ukraine, you've argued that NATO is weakening.  That's the sort of donkey-logic you're using to determine whether you're right or wrong.  ?

33 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

dumbdumb1.thumb.png.1ab0c414528bac12cd84d81e84a11be6.png

There you go, for the 20th time.  

Nothing is funnier than a deluded muppet parroting Tucker Carlson and Vladimir Putin, whilst questioning anyone else's honor.  You'd struggle to find anyone on this forum with less honor, and less bravery than you - pretending as you do that you care for peace whilst cheering for Ukraine's destruction.  ?

Yes yes, your rumors from the clownweb.  

With Sweden and Finland joining and its traditional adversary hobbled and humiliated in Ukraine, you've argued that NATO is weakening.  That's the sort of donkey-logic you're using to determine whether you're right or wrong.  ?

ROFLMAO.

That does not say I'm satisfied with Russia invading Ukraine. Gawd you lie a lot.

No...you're much funnier. Much more blood thirsty too.

You've been dead wrong all along. I know it...you know it...and anyone reading your horseshit knows it moonbat.

Gee...must be awful to have been so completely wrong. Meh...I'm sure losers like you get used to it.

• Haha 1

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/02/us/politics/ukraine-troops-counteroffensive-training.html

Oops...NATO training being abandoned. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/07/when-and-how-will-ukraines-war-with-russia-end.html

Oops...dig in for a "forever war" that can't produce results.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/ukraine-war-counteroffensive-russia-success-failure-rcna98054

Oops...Ukrainian casualties WAY more than has been reported.

Gee...good thing Biden just sent billions more into this bottomless pit of death. It's not like the US public need the funds.

What an obvious shitshow. 

Edited by Nationalist

4 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Oops...Ukrainian casualties WAY more than has been reported.

When I hear people saying Russia is losing the war, then getting triggered at seeing evidence, you essentially see the power of propaganda, and the importance of keeping appearances as long as you possibly can.

If people refused to believe Hussein had nukes, and were an imminent danger to the west, that war would have ended under public pressure.

I see it no different here. 

Of course, nobody should lose an inch of sovereign land, but here you have an armed bully which has already thrown the current rule book out. You have armed thugs in your house and are one, and have a knife, running or negotiation are your only option. That or death.

Only way to speak with people like Putin, is in consequences. They respect consequences. Anything else is weakness to a leader like that. This to them, projects power.

Understanding this, is knowing they will not budge an inch without heavy handed consequences.

Moving a few kilometers in months, will be a pace they will gladly take as long as they need to as it only hurts the west and its narrative of victory.

Victory at this point, is ending the conflict, and measures to ensure one never happens again.

Anyone preferring to continue this for pride, still believe the US was legitimately in Iraq to fight for freedom, as well.

• Like 1

The new small-unit approach to attacking Russian trenches reminds me of German changes later on in WWI. Some experts in the West say this will only lead to heavy Ukrainian casualties. I don’t know enough to have an opinion on that. Long-term, though, I can’t see how Russia wins here. What they have done is not acceptable to Ukraine and is a clear threat to any European country. Even if they occupied the entire territory they would still face a well-resourced insurgency whose capacity to harm would dwarf what they endured in Afghanistan. 

22 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Only way to speak with people like Putin, is in consequences. They respect consequences. Anything else is weakness to a leader like that. This to them, projects power.

Yes, the consequences are humiliation and isolation.  Saying the above and then following up with:

22 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

Victory at this point, is ending the conflict, and measures to ensure one never happens again.

is a contradiction.  A status-quo end is the best that Putin can now hope for, and the Ukrainians aren't interested in a best-case outcome for sad Vlad.  

22 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Long-term, though, I can’t see how Russia wins here.

I honestly don't think they care. War is about optics.

Russia, literally has bogarted Ukraine from its own territory. 

The US has had firm words, and weapons sent, but here we are over a year later, still with Russia occupying the bulk of the sea facing territory Ukraine used to consider its own. You can change the narrative all you like to them having wanted the entire country. It doesn't matter. You've taken a large portion of some of their most significant land, when considering international trade.

Tough words, sanctions don't speak louder than this, in my opinion.

They have shown that they can walk in, and make a massive land grab and still be standing after doing so. 

They have enough land now, if they wanted to, to truly make life difficult for Ukraine just like China does to some if its neighbors in the South Chinese sea which it shares with them, but considers every inch of that ocean as their own.

Again, different situation, but China is bullying all countries there, by shining lasers from their boats to legally passing boats from other countries, to spraying water cannons at them.

Tough talk, won't do a thing. Their force is already being shown, as other countries are limited at what they could do, as crossing a line would justify a firm and then legal rebuke from China.

Russia is vastly different, but its almost daring Ukraine to try to take land back, knowing the traps they have set, would completely decimate their military. 

Additionally, the US is showing fear of a firm and decisive rebuke, clearly rattled by the nuclear talk from Russia. If they weren't, they would have hastily given Ukraine the air cover they desperately need to have good odds of successfully complete such a daunting task. Imagine. Military experts, stating they would never have US soldiers make such a risky advance without air cover. Had they continued, they likely would have eluded to something close to or blatantly regarding it being suicide.

Russia smells this fear, and is brazen because of it. Again. War is all optics. 

You can't fear monger or propaganda your way however, out of most knowing this war isn't going the way of either party.

On 8/13/2023 at 3:22 PM, Perspektiv said:

Matters little. The US will decide how this ends.

The only thing they're deciding is whether or not they supply weapons to Ukraine.  It's the Ukrainians who decide how long they fight, and whether they negotiate.  As for the US, barring a potential Orange Man return in 1.5 years, the US is seeing its traditional foe humbled and humiliated for pennies on the dollar and without a drop of american bloodshed.  

1.5 years from now, Russia is only going to be weaker, while Europe (who are even more interested in the conflict than the Americans) are re-arming and could pick up a lot of the slack.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Moonbox said:

The only thing they're deciding is whether or not they supply weapons to Ukraine.  It's the Ukrainians who decide how long they fight, and whether they negotiate.  As for the US, barring a potential Orange Man return in 1.5 years, the US is seeing its traditional foe humbled and humiliated for pennies on the dollar and without a drop of american bloodshed.  

1.5 years from now, Russia is only going to be weaker, while Europe (who are even more interested in the conflict than the Americans) are re-arming and could pick up a lot of the slack.  

Ya Europe is more interested...in the flood of Ukrainian refugees living off their work and tax funds.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Ya Europe is more interested...in the flood of Ukrainian refugees living off their work and tax funds.

The Ukrainian refugees that Russia is forcing out of their homes?  Yeah.  That's why they care so much, and that's why those closest to the Russian border are the countries giving the most aid to Ukraine (proportionally).