As Canadians we need to promote unity, peace and law and order, not civil unrest and division.

50 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

. i ain't a big fan of pipeline projects but I  don't believe in violence against them and people working on it either.

What is it that you don't like about pipelines ? is it becasue you would prefer it to go by rail, or truck ? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is what they themselves said. How is it a generalization to repeat their words?  A generalization would take their words and put them into a general category that didn't represent their goals.

But they said these things.  Don't blame me.

When you say “they” are you referring to the words of a few people or all of the roughly 10,000 who protested in Ottawa?   What about the thousands in Quebec, Western Canada, etc.?   Are they racists?  Including thousands of Indigenous, Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus, Blacks, feminists, homosexuals?  

7 hours ago, blackbird said:

What we have been witnessing the last few weeks is chaos, illegal acts, and attempted subversion of our democratically-elected government.  People may not agree with everything the government does, but we all have an obligation to support law and order, civility, and a united country.  Without that we descend into chaos, division, and harm to countless fellow Canadians.  Surely that is not something we want to happen.  We should have learned that lesson from studying the history of Europe over the past 500 years.  It has been a period of unprecedented wars, division, chaos, and death.  Lets find ways to work together and heal our divisions.  We can disagree on certain things, but there should be a limit to how far we push those disagreements.  Law-breaking under the guise of peaceful protesting is not the answer.  That drags us down the road of harm and anarchy.  We have seen enough of that lately to know that.  Our leaders have not set the best example either.  By their poor choice of words and thoughts, they have generated more hostility and division.  This is not the answer.

To attempt subversion one must first attempt it, I'd like to go on a date ( clothing optional, as i don't have any good cloths) with Pamela Anderson but saying or printing it here on this forum does not mean it is going to happen nor is it a threat to Pamela's security.

Why is this event the trigger point for Chaos, division, this country has been divided into so many groups it is hard to hear anything from everyone screaming over each other.. First division was our indigenous population, then the French population, the right and left side the divide is so large now you could not even hear the other side when it screams, climate change another dividing factor, our natural resources has divided people in a big way, vaccinated and unvaccinated, Speech's or comments made by our government, actions by the other parties has sown division, preference over one race over another, BLM, LGBTQ,   there are more examples, but this division thing is not new, it's been here a while and we sit back and think it is normal everyday thing.  

The problem is NO one wants to cross the line and talk to the other side, take a look right here on this forum, the conversations about the vaccinations, mandates and the convoy, have been the most poisonous I've seen on this forum  there are no debates just screaming insults back and forth, and lots of bullshit on both sides...How do expect an entire nation to sit down and talk , heal itself and take on some of these issues when the small number of posters here can not even get along, to even talk like adults...

I'm not pointing any fingers, and do include myself in this goat rodeo as well. maybe it is time to cowboy the fuck up and just talk and listen...maybe we can start right here. maybe this is why we can't keep new blood here, because it is a zoo.

25 minutes ago, Jack9000 said:

Oil and gas is a dying industry I just don't believe we should be investing in any  new Pipeline projects going forward.

It is dying because we as a nation are killing it , Gas prices are out of control, and yet people are still driving and will be driving 30 years from now. Mean while we purchase our refined bitumen fuel from the states, or our oil from the Saudis, it seems we don't like our own money or keeping it in Canada. A few pipelines could fix that, along with a few refineries able to refine Bitumen, it is a win win jobs jobs ... We are not at the point where we can just turn off the taps, and have another source of energy in our pockets.. Shit we are still mining coal to export and use here in Canada

Existing coal plants in Canada - Global Energy Monitor (gem.wiki)

Pipelines are safer than train or truck as we have seen a hundreds of times.

Edited by Army Guy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Nice soliloquy. Let's see here...

Chaos? What chaos? It was and will remain, a peaceful and orderly protest. Show me the chaos.

When a government over steps its bounds, it is the right and responsibility of the citizenry to protest and effect a correction. Or would you disagree? 

You claim to desire unity. Yet is it unity under your direction? Or it unity brought about by something we used to call...

COMPROMISE. 

For a democracy to function FOR THE CITIZENRY it must bring both liberal and conservative together to negotiate a direction that both sides can accept.

A democracy fails when one side refuses to negotiate and attempts to use force to impose dictates. That never works...just ask the Russians or the French or even the Yankees.

Any country who desires unity must have it based on the laws that exist and civility.  Without that, there is not going to be agreement.  If a group's goal is to overthrow the government or demand things that are totally contrary to what the democratically-elected government is doing, how can there ever be agreement or unity?  Obviously the ball is in the hands of those who make such unreasonable, and illegal demands.  We have a democratically-elected Parliament which is the avenue to change things, not by an unelected group trying to use illegal means and coercion to force their demands on the country.   Where is the common ground with such demands?

Edited by blackbird

6 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You openly support hate mongering for God's sake. Even 2 members of Trudeau's own party had to speak against him, along with Bill Maher, Elon Musk, and everyone else with any brains. Our own propagandist broadcast media completely ignored it.

There's no turning back now. 

This division will never end as long as Trudeau is in power.

That doesn't mean that he won't get re-elected by the people who were dumb enough to re-elect him in 2021, it just means that hatred, hostility and division is here to stay. 

I don't support hate mongering.  That's a lie.  You know this whole convoy protest has caused me to withdraw my support for the conservatives.  This kind of issue never came up until now.  So the Conservative Party does not appear to be the same as it was in the past.  That basically leaves me with no political party to support because I don't like any of them.  But I definitely won't support a party that supports a law-breaking group.  The Conservative MPs are completely wrong about all this.  If you don't have law and order, you don't have a country.  If you allow a group whose avowed purpose is to overthrow the democratic system, you don't have a country.  So you are dead wrong.  Not supporting anarchy and law-breaking is not hatred.  It is just common sense.  If you don't like the Covid restrictions you can protest peacefully without breaking the laws.  If you want to break the laws to try to get your way and harm other people, I'm out of it.  You're on your own and will pay the consequences, if not in this life, in the next.  

Edited by blackbird

8 hours ago, blackbird said:

Any country who desires unity must have it based on the laws that exist and civility.  Without that, there is not going to be agreement.  If a group's goal is to overthrow the government or demand things that are totally contrary to what the democratically-elected government is doing, how can there ever be agreement or unity?  Obviously the ball is in the hands of those who make such unreasonable, and illegal demands.  We have a democratically-elected Parliament which is the avenue to change things, not by an unelected group trying to use illegal means and coercion to force their demands on the country.   Where is the common ground with such demands?

Sooo...not really chaos. Ok.

I do believe Canadians have the right to peacefully protest? 

Now...show me the law that says the government can mandate vaccines for folks who do not work for them.

This Emergency Act BS is just another, in a long list of government over reach. And then there's the lies.

"Follow the science!"

Only one of the sciences have advocated for shutdowns. And even that science is not in consensus. 

The reporting has also been a failure and a lie. People who get hit by cars do not die of The Rona. We have no idea how many actually die AS A RESULT OF The Rona. What we do know and have known for quite a while now, is that if you're under 75 and in reasonable health, you have little to nothing to fear. Yet the governments have push a narrative that has unnecessarily scared the hell outta folks.

When a government abuses its power and openly lies to its citizens, especially a minority government, protest and removal of such a governing body is the right and responsiblity of all Canadians.

Finally...we're on our own? You're out? Lol...don't let the door hit ya in the ass on your way...out.

Edited by Nationalist

47 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Sooo...not really chaos. Ok.

I do believe Canadians have the right to peacefully protest? 

Now...show me the law that says the government can mandate vaccines for folks who do not work for them.

This Emergency Act BS is just another, in a long list of government over reach. And then there's the lies.

"Follow the science!"

Only one of the sciences have advocated for shutdowns. And even that science is not in consensus. 

The reporting has also been a failure and a lie. People who get hit by cars do not die of The Rona. We have no idea how many actually die AS A RESULT OF The Rona. What we do know and have known for quite a while now, is that if you're under 75 and in reasonable health, you have little to nothing to fear. Yet the governments have push a narrative that has unnecessarily scared the hell outta folks.

When a government abuses its power and openly lies to its citizens, especially a minority government, protest and removal of such a governing body is the right and responsiblity of all Canadians.

Finally...we're on our own? You're out? Lol...don't let the door hit ya in the ass on your way...out.

People who consistently break the law, harass and harm other citizens who are just going about their lives, and who attempt to overthrow the democratically-elected government don't deserve the time of day.  They are seditionists and anarchists.  Our country has been very lenient with them so far and most of them have escaped any consequences for their illegal and seditious actions.  Seditious speech is also questionable as to whether it is actually legal.

28 minutes ago, blackbird said:

People who consistently break the law, harass and harm other citizens who are just going about their lives, and who attempt to overthrow the democratically-elected government don't deserve the time of day.  They are seditionists and anarchists.  Our country has been very lenient with them so far and most of them have escaped any consequences for their illegal and seditious actions.  Seditious speech is also questionable as to whether it is actually legal.

Seditious speech???

There it is folks. The dictatorial leanings of Libbies who will not brook any deviation from THEIR desires.

Know what birdy...I think you're full of it...and i think you're panicking as you watch your grip on society...fade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Why how incredibly short sighted.

Words to kill by.

Energy supply and security in the face of anti-human “climate action” is a serious threat.  Cheap and secure energy means  lower cost of living.  Inflation is punishing right now. 

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, blackbird said:

I don't support hate mongering.  That's a lie.  You know this whole convoy protest has caused me to withdraw my support for the conservatives.  This kind of issue never came up until now. 

What never came up here before, martial law?

Wrong. We had it here when Justin's stepdad was PM

You're completely ignoring the fact that Justin Trudeau had weeks to address the issue of the gesundheitspass and other anti-science mandates before it came to martial law. 

6 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

What never came up here before, martial law?

Wrong. We had it here when Justin's stepdad was PM

You're completely ignoring the fact that Justin Trudeau had weeks to address the issue of the gesundheitspass and other anti-science mandates before it came to martial law. 

You’re right about the pass.  It’s basically what we have.  Now, with the majority of provinces abandoning it and Alberta taking the Feds to court, will Trudeau drop it?  Well you saw what unfolded with martial law plus persecution of opposition views plus WEF penetrating Cabinet.  This is literally our country’s sovereignty in peril.  Again, if it means provinces seceding to escape fascism, so be it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Energy supply and security in the face of anti-human “climate action” is a serious threat.  Cheap and secure energy means  lower cost of living.  Inflation is punishing right now. 

Agreed.

I'm all in favour of "green energy"...but it has to be viable and affordable.

Until it is, we continue to research it and use what we have.