Candace Bergen The New CPC Leader

https://globalnews.ca/news/8590833/conservative-party-interim-leader/

She's got more spine in her little finger than O'Toole has in his buttery soft 'body'. 

The Liberals' mendacity, seen in this video, just didn't stand a chance against her. 

She comes into the job with more of a name than Rona did, and Rona became a favourite to lead the party. 

Obviously Candace can't run for leadership this time around, but it will be interesting to see if her star rises after this.

Edited by WestCanMan

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

She comes into the job with more of a name than Rona did, and Rona became a favourite to lead the party. 

Obviously Candace can't run for leadership this time around, but it will be interesting to see if her star rises after this.

She also comes into the job wearing a MAGA hat so that's probably as far as her star will ever rise outside the big old tent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

She's got more spine in her little finger than O'Toole has in his buttery soft 'body'. 

The Liberals' mendacity, seen in this video, just didn't stand a chance against her. 

She's right on the money. The LPOC is the party of residential schools, blackface, and the vax pass

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Yes I enjoyed that except for the Public Health Minister basically trash talking a large segment of Canadian society.  The guy was a total dick.  Problem is as others have pointed out, Canada is fundamentally a leftist nation, so you have to appeal to them.  I would say the party needs to reason intelligently with the populace, but this is not the nation of 40 years ago, where reasoned policy positions were appreciated, but a seriously dumbed down populace.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eyeball said:

She also comes into the job wearing a MAGA hat so that's probably as far as her star will ever rise outside the big old tent.

What's wrong with being supportive of a POTUS?

It might be stupid to believe that Biden is a good POTUS, but it makes sense to support the US. 

44 minutes ago, Faramir said:

this is not the nation of 40 years ago, where reasoned policy positions were appreciated, but a seriously dumbed down populace.

I realize this does not apply to you but in most cases, I am skeptical of people who refer to others as "sheep" or somehow easily led or not intelligent. The implication is the speaker is smarter than most. We tend to forget that most people are as intelligent as us. It is a lot like driving. In twenty-five years dabbling in traffic enforcement, I never met  anyone who was not a better than average, or excellent driver. Voters are pretty smart people. They rarely vote the way I would want.

I am willing to give Ms. Bergen a chance to show what she can do. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

8 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I realize this does not apply to you but in most cases, I am skeptical of people who refer to others as "sheep" or somehow easily led or not intelligent. The implication is the speaker is smarter than most. We tend to forget that most people are as intelligent as us. It is a lot like driving. In twenty-five years dabbling in traffic enforcement, I never met  anyone who was not a better than average, or excellent driver. Voters are pretty smart people. They rarely vote the way I would want.

I am willing to give Ms. Bergen a chance to show what she can do. 

I love the word sheeple or Joe and Jill Sixpack.  The worse idiots are the ones that brokerage houses unload their crap on.  Of course people are intelligent in their sphere of knowledge,  but politically and financially most people are idiots.  Consider that CNBC as a network still has serious viewers.  They lead people into the slaughterhouse that was the 2000 tech bubble crash.  The fact Jim Cramer has an audience shows how idiotic people are.  You are definitely far more fair minded than I am and I appreciate that about you and its a pleasure debating with you.  Politically an example would be the fact Harper was punished politically on the abortion issue.  Nowhere in any of his political history did he express an opinion on abortion.  He even went as far as to sideline and chastise pro life members of his party.  I will admit I am on the autistic spectrum and those with asbergers have a different perspective than most people.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

What's wrong with being supportive of a POTUS?

Nothing but when it's Trump most people including a healthy number of other conservatives also recognize you've placed yourself amongst the stupidest group of people on the planet bar none. 

It might be stupid to believe that Biden is a good POTUS, but it makes sense to support the US. 

Okay, but supporting it with a MAGA hat indicates your support for so much more.

If I didn't know any better I'd say you're trying to downplay the center of gravity for that support which of course is Trump.  Are you losing faith or finally seeing what a liability he is to any political party outside the US that seeks to appropriate his support for their own?  I guess you really don't have much choice now but to try and sweeten the lemonade.

Edited by eyeball

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think mainstream Canadians supported that POTUS and appreciated the MP broadcasting her support for him?

Mainstream Americans are realizing how badly they screwed up when they elected Biden.

Granted, Canadians are a bit dumber and have less access to actual news, but Trump is not as unpopular as he was. 

Trudeau just voiced his support for BLM. That's far worse than endorsing Trump. 

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Mainstream Americans are realizing how badly they screwed up when they elected Biden.

Granted, Canadians are a bit dumber and have less access to actual news, but Trump is not as unpopular as he was. 

Do you think Bergen’s support for the previous POTUS Is a political winner in Canada?  

1 hour ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think mainstream Canadians supported that POTUS and appreciated the MP broadcasting her support for him?

Did you think Justin did our nation any good by openly being negative to him... I mean the US is our largest trading partner for everything, they look after our defenses for us, they have responded to our worse national disasters when we were to cheap to do that ourselves. Why would you want to openly try and discredit the number one man in the world, what did he really think it would get him a few more votes... Canadians have made dissing the US a national sport, or pointing fingers at anyone but themselves instead of being grateful for what the US does for this nation.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TreeBeard said:

Do you think Bergen’s support for the previous POTUS Is a political winner in Canada?  

If liberal voters can forgive Justin for all his gaffs , i think they can get over a hat...besides i'm surprised that would even make news today, and most would not even remember it..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Nothing but when it's Trump most people including a healthy number of other conservatives also recognize

Conservatives have to be fake when they talk to fake news. What they say will be lied about anyways, so you have to set an incorrect starting point. 

EG, if you say "Trudeau is a Nazi" and have his picture with a swastika on it, the MSM will say that you displayed a white supremacist symbol. You have to say "Trudeau isn't perfect", then they'll just call you a liar.

you've placed yourself amongst the stupidest group of people on the planet bar none. 

FYI the Liberals don't support Trump.

Okay, but supporting it with a MAGA hat indicates your support for so much more.

If I didn't know any better I'd say you're trying to downplay the center of gravity for that support which of course is Trump.  Are you losing faith or finally seeing what a liability he is to any political party outside the US that seeks to appropriate his support for their own?  I guess you really don't have much choice now but to try and sweeten the lemonade.

Support for Trump is support for America, period. I just don't care for the opinion of idiots, so whatever they want to insinuate what support for Trump means, that's their problem. They can get tinfoil hats to protect themselves from the Trump Ray if they want.

Leftists here can say what they want, and none of it will be true, but eventually honesty pays off. 

16 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

But mean tweats!!!!  Justin is still worse than Xiden - if that was even possible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Did you think Justin did our nation any good by openly being negative to him... I mean the US is our largest trading partner for everything, they look after our defenses for us, they have responded to our worse national disasters when we were to cheap to do that ourselves. Why would you want to openly try and discredit the number one man in the world, what did he really think it would get him a few more votes... Canadians have made dissing the US a national sport, or pointing fingers at anyone but themselves instead of being grateful for what the US does for this nation.  

Canadians have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to Americans.  Suggest modifying the Universal Healthcare system and you get jumped on for wanting a "Yankie health system".  Never mind that France has a private and public health system

5 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Conservatives have to be fake when they talk to fake news. What they say will be lied about anyways, so you have to set an incorrect starting point. 

EG, if you say "Trudeau is a Nazi" and have his picture with a swastika on it, the MSM will say that you displayed a white supremacist symbol. You have to say "Trudeau isn't perfect", then they'll just call you a liar.

FYI the Liberals don't support Trump.

Support for Trump is support for America, period. I just don't care for the opinion of idiots, so whatever they want to insinuate what support for Trump means, that's their problem. They can get tinfoil hats to protect themselves from the Trump Ray if they want.

Leftists here can say what they want, and none of it will be true, but eventually honesty pays off. 

I love what Trump did and tried to do and not afraid to admit that.  He made some mistakes like he was a terrible HR manager.  He should have had someone else doing the hiring for his administration.  Pence turned out to be a total a-hole for certifying the election results.  Hope that guy ends up in the dust bin of history.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WestCanMan said:

Yes, you've admitted your own inability to rise above the need to spread fake news to make your ponts.

Support for Trump is support for America, period.

Support for Trump is also an endorsement for his methods and for ignoring reality in exchange for bullshit. 

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes, you've admitted your own inability to rise above the need to spread fake news to make your ponts.

Support for Trump is also an endorsement for his methods and for ignoring reality in exchange for bullshit. 

One could say the same thing about the liberal party, or for that matter the left side of the house...we all have our faults , i mean i don't see any holes in my hands or feet, do you have any unwanted holes...

26 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

One could say the same thing about the liberal party, or for that matter the left side of the house...we all have our faults , i mean i don't see any holes in my hands or feet, do you have any unwanted holes...

Notice how anything that disagrees with the liberal narrative is automatically fake news?  

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

Nothing but when it's Trump most people including a healthy number of other conservatives also recognize you've placed yourself amongst the stupidest group of people on the planet bar none. 

You know, I've never looked at it that way. Maybe I should support President Trump. They say "in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King." I wonder if that works for half-wits. ?