Trucker's Convoy

West

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Ah don’t worry.  Trudeau will soon be relegated to the darker chapters of the history books.  All he and Freeland can do now is try to remain employable and out of jail.  Their power will diminish.  Schwab is an old man.  It’s over.  

you are still not answering the question

since they don't pay you any interest, what is the upside to Canadian fiat currency held in a Canadian bank ?

I don't see any benefit at all

all I see is potentially very bad downside there

the fake news lying state run media admits to a 5% inflation rate

that means it's at least 10% in actuality

so you are taking double digit losses on your currency devaluation

the government can't be trusted, they've shown that they could seize your money arbitrarily without court order

they track your money as if it is their money not yours

if there is a bank run, you will be locked out, and CDIC is not even that secure anymore

and they don't pay you any significant interest

why are you holding Canada's paper in Justin Trudeau's banks : somebody explain it to me ?

Well the bank stuff was part of the Emergencies Act.  You think Freeland is going to be able to get Parliament to make account seizures permanent?   They’re so on the ropes.  They’re trying to distract us with Ukraine but you and I know there’s no long term benefit to trying to get Ukraine into NATO.  Actually I’d like Russia to cool it, respect Ukraine’s sovereignty, and eventually have a broader military pact that includes Russia.  They’re good people.  So are Ukrainians.  

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well the bank stuff was part of the Emergencies Act.  You think Freeland is going to be able to get Parliament to make account seizures permanent?   They’re so on the ropes.  They’re trying to distract us with Ukraine but you and I know there’s no long term benefit to trying to get Ukraine into NATO.  Actually I’d like Russia to cool it, respect Ukraine’s sovereignty, and eventually have a broader military pact that includes Russia.  They’re good people.  So are Ukrainians.  

still not seeing even one reason to hold Canadian dollars in a Canadian bank

why not just covert that to gold, put it in a secure lockup ?

again, the bank is not paying you anything to keep the fiat currency in the bank

there is only risk in the fiat currency in the banks

there is no benefit whatsoever

you need a couple grand to carry in your pocket ?

okay, cash out an ounce of gold; done

but why would you hold your savings in fiat money in a Canadian bank ?

42 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

maybe Canadians don't have any savings at all ?

maybe they are just all debt ?

just a mortgage they can't afford and credit card usury ?

and that's not an economy on the verge of crisis ?

Well that would be true the world over, but don’t forget that investment almost always involves debt.  Our banks wouldn’t exist without debt and there’d be much less construction or business creation without it.  Having said that, our debt levels are so high that it seems only a certain amount of inflation will shrink the value of that debt, but inflation also raises the cost of living when wages don’t keep up.  In relation to inflation rates you actually lose money keeping it in the bank with such low interest rates, which is why we keep borrowing to buy assets that we hope to sell or pay for at a later date.  In order to unwind low interest rates we’ll need to find ways to lower the costs of goods and services and get people to buy stuff.  It means removing carbon taxes, deregulating, and fully reopening the economy.  

34 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well that would be true the world over, but don’t forget that investment almost always involves debt.

but there is now almost $200 trillion in debt for only $50 trillion in growth

so that is the stuff global financial collapses are made of

now at a scale which would dwarf the 2008 crisis

which again, is why you need to get your fiat currency out the banks and convert it to gold

before the crisis inevitably comes

because anything could set it off now

like say a proxy war with Russia over eastern Europe

Edited by Dougie93

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

You think Freeland is going to be able to get Parliament to make account seizures permanent?   They’re so on the ropes.  

Sen. Plett talked about this in his speech to debate the Use of the EMA.  He flat out said making some of the things in the EMA permanent is government overreach.

I'm with you - I used to think the Senate should be abolished.  Now I see their importance.

(Still don't think it justifies their sky-high wages and pension, tho)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, West said:

Looks like Canada

Again, what is it with so many western conservatives likening the treatment of these particular protestors at the hands of real authoritarians to the imaginary monster ruling us in Ottawa?

Your perspective is as warped as the flight path of a boomerang.  Do you not realize these Russians like Trudeau, are also protesting against Putin?  That said I'll grant that these protesters feelings are probably more genuine than Trudeau's and definitely more genuine than the protesters that police arrested in Ottawa but...you really do need to get a better grip on what's happening.

21 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Again, what is it with so many western conservatives likening the treatment of these particular protestors at the hands of real authoritarians to the imaginary monster ruling us in Ottawa?

Your perspective is as warped as the flight path of a boomerang.  Do you not realize these Russians like Trudeau, are also protesting against Putin?  That said I'll grant that these protesters feelings are probably more genuine than Trudeau's and definitely more genuine than the protesters that police arrested in Ottawa but...you really do need to get a better grip on what's happening.

So we currently have two people being held as political prisoners for the crime of asking our PM for a meeting over the ridiculous vaxx pass. But nah we are some beacon of light for the world ?

4 minutes ago, West said:

So we currently have two people being held as political prisoners for the crime of asking our PM for a meeting over the ridiculous vaxx pass. But nah we are some beacon of light for the world ?

Yea sad the moral relativists.

"Well at least we're better than Russia"

"Well at least we're better than China"

As if those countries should be a measuring stick for us

34 minutes ago, West said:

So we currently have two people being held as political prisoners for the crime of asking our PM for a meeting over the ridiculous vaxx pass.

No we don't, that's a ridiculous characterization that's completely retarded.

But nah we are some beacon of light for the world ?

We were, and could have done better.  But no, we're not a beacon at all. Now we're a laughingstock allied with a bunch of other laughingstocks and hypocrites. In a world of shit and corruption that we helped to engineer and facilitate.

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No we don't, that's a ridiculous characterization that's completely retarded.

We were, and could have done better.  But no, we're not a beacon at all. Now we're a laughingstock allied with a bunch of other laughingstocks and hypocrites. In a world of shit and corruption that we helped to engineer and facilitate.

So you agree that Trudeau's handling of the situation was a disaster. Don't get what your issue is. 

Just now, West said:

So you agree that Trudeau's handling of the situation was a disaster. Don't get what your issue is. 

I've been quite clear that I think Trudeau was a disaster long before COVID and given how much oligarch money from the region Canada is said to be laundering I have little faith in Trudeau or Ottawa's handling of anything to do with this really.

My issue remains much the same as it has for some time now, that one of the main reasons Trudeau gets away with being a disaster is that the opposition against him is such a train wreck. And why is it that, because it's so saturated and possessed with retarded viewpoints that maintain Trudeau is a Nazi and that the entire left in Canada is 'with him'.

The fact we're not overtly with you is all that causes you to think that btw - that's the lamest failing of hard-boiled conservative partisans bar none actually.

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

I know, right?

They're not being held down and beaten like Canadian protesters. They're not getting trampled by horses. What's the deal?

And what's the deal with Goebbels' News? At first they love violent protests with tons of looting and arson, then they're so against peaceful protests that they hide footage of police beatings and ignore it when horses trample protesters, now they're against police breaking up peaceful protests..... What do you have to do to be on Goebbels' good side? 

Oh, I know, they have to be approved by Adolf Castro. 

10 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I know, right?

They're not being held down and beaten like Canadian protesters. They're not getting trampled by horses. What's the deal? 

The deal is that you guys have these really weird issues with the media and the left that make you say and do stupid things when trying to formulate a point.

Case in point;

Oh, I know, they have to be approved by Adolf Castro

Retarded shit.

Edited by eyeball
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I've been quite clear that I think Trudeau was a disaster long before COVID and given how much oligarch money from the region Canada is said to be laundering I have little faith in Trudeau or Ottawa's handling of anything to do with this really.

My issue remains much the same as it has for some time now, that one of the main reasons Trudeau gets away with being a disaster is that the opposition against him is such a train wreck. And why is it that, because it's so saturated and possessed with retarded viewpoints that maintain Trudeau is a Nazi and that the entire left in Canada is 'with him'.

The fact we're not overtly with you is all that causes you to think that btw - that's the lamest failing of hard-boiled conservative partisans bar none actually.

If you as a Canadian citizen are comfortable with seeing an old lady get run over by a horse or peaceful protesters get smashed across the head with a gun all because Drama Boy was too arrogant to meet with a convoy that traveled 4 or 5 days to get there then I think you sir are why drama boy gets reelected. 

Time to hold him to account. Too many "conservatives" without a spine and too afraid of the left calling them names. 

Edited by West
  • Like 1