Heart and cancer surgeries are being cancelled because beds are filled with those who chose not to be vaccinated. Unacceptable.

24 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Yes. Aspirin. Search the net. Try educating yourself instead of relying on others to think for you.

Then there's the Hydroxychloroquine. My mother takes it and has done for years. No infections. No issues. My mother is 83.

Hydroxychloroquine  and Aspirin. Just 2 of the cheap drugs that work well against The Rona. Gee...so why doesn't the vaunted medical profession tell us this? I mean...this is GOOD news...for the public.

Not so good for the pharmaceuticals though eh? I would surmise that's the answer...nobody makes billions off cheap yet useful drugs.

I have, studies have been done on all those things so they haven't been ignored. Most have mixed results, some have promise and none are a silver bullet. 

16 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I have, studies have been done on all those things so they haven't been ignored. Most have mixed results, some have promise and none are a silver bullet. 

It's a damn sight better than dividing your population into bickering little brats! Tell the masses the actual truth...what a concept.

7 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

It's a damn sight better than dividing your population into bickering little brats! Tell the masses the actual truth...what a concept.

What truth, yours? You would rather try and treat people than prevent them from getting sick in the first place. There is far more money in treating sickness than preventing it. That is a truth.  

My doctor often recommends different things to help prevent illness but he never claims they will prevent it.

Edited by Aristides

16 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I think the push should be on better treatments for this damn virus. I hear that Pfizer's pills are about 90% effective if taken early enough.  Patents should be removed for mass production of vaccines and treatments.

Do you have a better solution please present it. But rejecting all available means does not solve any problem. 

Or atleast sell licenses to manufacture at reasonable prices, And this virus is not going any where until we look after the 3 rd world as well, the trillions already spent on this we should have kicked it's ass long ago.  

22 minutes ago, Aristides said:

What truth, yours? You would rather try and treat people than prevent them from getting sick in the first place. There is far more money in treating sickness than preventing it. That is a truth.  

My doctor often recommends different things to help prevent illness but he never claims they will prevent it.

I don't have a truth. Nor do you. There is A truth, a plethora of opinions and a bunch who's opinions are taken as truth...which they are not because they are...opinions.

What I'm saying...since it apparently went right over your head...is that it would be much more productive, produce much calmer and more satisfying results overall, were Pixey-Dust, the media and the medical officials, speak of ALL the TRUTH. Tell the public the number INCLUDING the current death rate. Tell the public that a simple thing like taking vitamin D daily will help reduce any infection you might get. Tell them that there DO happen to be some treatments which are even MORE tried and true...read safer...than The Almighty Jab!

But no...

"Get The Vaccine! Ahhh...We All Gonna Diiieee! And its YOUR fault! Dirty unvaxxed."

Ya...that I expect from children...not supposed "leaders".

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Omicron kind of changes that game. If it hadn't supplanted Delta in much of the world, I suspect we would still be seeing good protection from double dose vaccines. 

Actually the data from Israel and the UK would prove you wrong. Their vaccines waned in a similar time frame and a similar way with Delta. Lucky for us, Omicron is the major variant we are dealing with rather than Delta. With that said, I would there may be a case that Delta is more prevalent than we think (especially in Ontario) as they aren't sequencing every case. 

2 hours ago, Boges said:

When you look at the population of unvaxxed, I would surmise that they are mostly younger people. But that's just a guess. 

I think that is safe to say (as the graphic below shows it). It would be interesting to see the data on who's in the hospital by age and vaxx  breakdown. It might actually give more conclusion to this. 

VaccineByAge.jpg

Edited by Accountability Now

2 hours ago, Boges said:

I think ultimately Omicron is a good thing. 

It's an indication we've achieved an endemic virus. 

I agree with you however the brain trust at the top (i.e. Trudeau, Duclos and other world leaders) are still acting like its a scene out of Contagion with their talks of mandatory vaccination and other hostile statements towards the unvaccinated. In their mind this thing is far from endemic. 

Discontinue all testing and testing requirements for Covid.  End all screening policies that make it impossible for even asymptomatic people to work.  Focus healthcare on treating seriously ill people, whether or not they have Covid.  Restrictions are destroying us.  End all restrictions immediately!!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

And how all these would end the pandemic?

Cases and spread are no longer attainable through vaccination. Only hospitalizations. We know two things that affect hospitalization: 

1. Vaccines work for a certain window but wane

2. People are more at risk of serious infection (ie hospital/death) if have pre-existing conditions or are over 65. 

As you can see, numerous vaccinated people are ending up in the hospital. Again, this could happen no matter how many boosters they have but more than likely, these people have vaccines that have waned. For the unvaccinated in the hospitals, you can argue the same thing. Educate people on these two facts so that the people in those categories are taking boosters and not trying to cram them down the throats of healthy teenagers. 

I'm sure you look at me (being unvaxxed) as crazy for not taking it however I look at people who are elderly and/or with pre-existing conditions in the same way. I am not anti-vaxx on the whole, I just believe that certain people statistically are fine without it and others, again statistically speaking, need it. In fact I have been a very large vaccine advocate to friends and family who are known to be vulnerable. I have been equally opponent to people trying to vaccinate their healthy kids. 

I had an overweight, diabetic associate that ended up in the hospital with Covid. He told me after that he wasn't vaxxed because he thought he didn't need it. When I showed him the stats on diabetics and obesity resulting in hospitalizations, he quickly said he should have been vaxxed. For some reason though, our governments are intent on having EVERYONE vaccinated instead of pushing these stats and risking offending people. 

Just as a side note, CDC Director was quoted today stating that 75% of the deaths in the US are with people that have four or more co-mordities. In Alberta, the stats show 97% of the deaths are people with 3 or more. If the government started pushing the education of co-morbidities as much as they slander the unvaccinated, then we might actually get out of this thing. 

Omicron seems to be very mild. A lot of my work-mates have caught the virus but are back at work after a week.

It seems that the first variant in the spring of 2020 was the bad one when even Boris Johnson ended up in ICU.

When very important people who most certainly don't have to wait for their turn at the back of the queue almost die then you ask what is going to happen to ordinary people.

3 minutes ago, Aristides said:

You been in a cave? D has always been recommended, particularly in winter when we get little natural sunlight.

Of course it has. Except nobody tells us to take it to fend off The Rona. Vitamin D isn't an expensive vaccine. 

Had our "experts" been truly concerned with lives, every news cast and every interview would have been full of information about D, Aspirin, hydroxy, ivermectin and all the other treatments. 

But they didn't...

• Like 1