Should we all be required to swear an oath to the Queen of Canada before voting?

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

What do you do Dougie?  What do I do?  You say the Canadian project is doomed and should be burned?

My grandfathers fought in WWII to defend our nation, our Crown, and our allies.   I'm all in man.  I'm a Canadian, many generations back.  What am I to do to defend my country?  I'm not British or American like you are.  This is my home and my nation, I have nothing else.  What do I do, except fight for it to survive?  I'm a patriot.  I go down with the ship, I have no other choice...

what I do foremost is strive to understand the central narrative of my history, the story of my people

so British is not a race, British is not a place, British is a system of governance

Canada is not the origin, this system of governance was founded in 1688 in the Glorious Revolution

in the wake of the English Civil War, the Dutch Regent William of Orange became of the King of England

not by force, he used a printing press, offered his services, and was hired in effect,  by the English

this is the founding of the first modern liberal state, this is how Britain became the British Empire

when Major George Washington attacked the French at Jumonville Glenn in 1754, he incited a world war

the British won this world war, in North America & India

on 10 Febuary 1763 the French signed Canada over to the British Crown, the House of Hanover

if you were born in Canada, this is the story of your people

if you are American, this is the story of your people

we are all the same people, the British North Americans

you are British, you are American, and your country was simply not founded on 1 July 1867,  that's a myth

before you go down with a ship, make sure you know which is your ship

is it really this Post National State fashioned by the Liberal Party of Canada elites since 1982 ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aristides said:

I was referring to things like slavery, colonialism, religious persecution, over a 1000 years of continuous European warfare, much of it rooted in religion, the two most destructive wars in human history, Nazism, Soviet Communism. There is a long list that is neither enlightened or tolerant.

All of those things still exist in the Muslim world.  Btw, Muslims were on the Nazi side in WWII.

are we to consult our ancestors who fought for Canada in the wars ?

very well then

my great grandfather fought with the 72nd Seaforth Highlanders of Canada in the Great War

he came from Ulster to British Columbia, and he shipped out from Vancouver in 1915

he fought in every battle from Second Ypres to Mons on the last day of the war

he fought at the Somme, he fought at Passchendaele

he fought to the top of Vimy Ridge with the Canadian Corps

I have his personal diary, I know what he thought, I know how he thought

I assure you, he would say that this "Canada" now has fallen to the Bolsheviks

he would absolutely despise what Canada has become

if my great grandfather would not defend this state of affairs, I don't see any reason for me to do so

scorched earth, is what my great grandfather would say

whatever the Bolsheviks seize should be razed to the ground

because whatever these Bolsheviks have seized, that's simply not Canada anymore

just because they wave a Maple Leaf in your face, does not make them your people

it's a fake country, this Liberal Party of Canada Potemkin Village, Quislings for the Red Chinese

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I'm the 5 th generation to serve in the military, my son is carrying on that tradition. but before you declare yourself a patriot and willing to defend your country . You should know most Canadians do not or could not give a shit, what you sacrifice in the name of the country, shit we can not even treat our current veterans with the care they need, because they are asking for more than Justin can give right now... you should think twice before going down with a ship filled with ungrateful people and government who may or may not be worth the sacrifice... Don't get me wrong i would give my life up in a flash if my comrades in arms asked for it for them i would serve once more, ... but i would not serve this nation again. I'm not the only one that feels this way many Afghanistan vets feel this way, I'm not the only one, that feels like they were betrayed ...

one more point the last veterans that have any benefits to veterans rights are those that served in Korea, once those men and women die off all vet hospitals and care facilities will cease providing for other serving or retired military/ RCMP personal , along with all the care and benefits they receive.. Technically today we are not called veterans, according to the government and the legion. we are retired members of the military and not subjected to the same treatment. 

I appreciate the post.  I'm not a patriot because I do it for other Canadians, or this or any government, and I don't serve and defend it loyally for them, or anyone else.  I do it for my family, to honour their sacrifices, which have ripped my family into pieces over the many decades.  Otherwise everything they sacrificed was for nothing.  So as I said, i'm all in.

My grandfather was the toughest SOB I ever met in my life, and an upstanding person.  Honourable, and honest, and decent.  He wouldn't talk about the war, but I can only imagine what he went through.

I don't have the capacity to serve, I'm not as tough as him.  That job is for better men and women like you and others.  So I find other ways to defend my country.  Like on message boards lol.  But if we were invaded by Russia or China or whatever foreign army you can bet I'd grab a gun and kill every last one of the bastards I could that stepped foot on this soil and would keep fighting if I were the last man left.  They wouldn't take me alive.

But today's enemies aren't on the battlefield.  It's the snakes in the grass you don't see, and I'm out to expose them wherever I can.  Like those snakes working in the virus lab in Winnipeg.  Or the snakes in Parliament trading money for political favours.  Anyone who attempts to undermine this country is my enemy. 

Anyways, thanks again for your service.  The government may be filled with pieces of garbage that treat you and others like crap but I honour your service and sacrifices, and I'm not alone.  Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

if you are American, this is the story of your people

we are all the same people, the British North Americans

you are British, you are American, and your country was simply not founded on 1 July 1867,  that's a myth

before you go down with a ship, make sure you know which is your ship

is it really this Post National State fashioned by the Liberal Party of Canada elites since 1982 ?

The Americans rejected the Crown, they rebelled, and I respect them for that.  But I don't feel American, and they don't feel British.

Canada didn't have an "independence day" like the US, we have slowly become more independent from British control over centuries, it was a slow process, an evolution not defined by any single date.  By nature Canadians are more docile and submissive and agreeable and patient, we lay on our backs and take it up the rump, we don't mind being controlled more than the Americans do, for whatever reason.

The French living in Quebec never wanted to be part of the Crown, to be British.  They reject it to this day, they're French.  I respect them for that.  So the Libs et al took away the red ensign from our flag and made us all Canadian citizens rather than British subjects, whether french, english, brits, germans, italians, and whoever.  And that's fine, that's how you make a country where everyone feels they belong.

well, getting back to the OP

why demanding an oath to the monarch to vote, is against the narrative of my people

back to 1688

in the Glorious Revolution, the Jacobites demanded that the Protestants swear fealty to the Papist King

the Protestants who refused, were shot as traitors

these Protestants however went on to win the war

and when they did, the wrote the Bill of Rights

in that common law, is the right to not swear fealty to the King if it is against your conscience

that is the story of my people, and many of them died branded traitors by the Crown, to win these rights for me

so I will not swear fealty to a Canada which no longer defends nor upholds my principles

that being the highest principle of them all, for we the Scots German Protestants of Orange

34 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The Americans rejected the Crown, they rebelled, and I respect them for that.  But I don't feel American, and they don't feel British.

Americans simply rejected the will of the British Parliament

the Crown was trying to prevent them from going West, which was Ohio at the time

but the American system of governance is British

the Bill of Rights didn't come from Kentucky, it came over on the boat from Scotland

the first Americans to rebel against the Crown, were Scots, the Regulators of South Carolina, in 1771

we're talking about the arc of the Enlightenment itself, with the British has the torch bearers for the world

Edited by Dougie93

the first African slave to be officially freed by the Enlightenment, was in Scotland

a wealthy British merchant brought his African slave to Scotland

when left unattended, the African gentleman went to the police station, said this man is holding me prisoner

the Scots police said, okay, stay here, we'll look into it

and sure enough, when it got to court, the Scots judge said this man cannot hold you prisoner, you are free to go

this all came over on the boat, everything starts in Scotland, it's the Scottish Enlightenment actually

34 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

By nature Canadians are more docile and submissive and agreeable and patient, we lay on our backs and take it up the rump, we don't mind being controlled more than the Americans do, for whatever reason.

America is the reason

what happened in 1867 ?

that was a panicked reaction to a perceived American invasion

the Fenians annihilated the Queen's Own Rifles at Ridgeway, they were poised to march on York

the Americans were too war weary to invade, having just fought the Civil War, but Canada didn't know that

Canada was looking at a million man American army, and the British were refusing to defend Canada from it

so it's not that Canadians are docile per se

it is simply deeply ingrained in the Canadian culture, the fear & loathing of America as a mortal peril

so Canadians are indoctrinated to rally around the Confederation in the face of America

but Confederation is not some metaphysical thing, it's just an agreement, a legal construct

Canada has no soul, it's just a massive overreaction to America born in the fires of 1812

you'll just end up banging your head against this wall forever

Canada is not a metaphysical thing

Canada is not Jesus on the Cross

Canada is not the Declaration of Independence

Canada is just a legal construct of the British Empire

it's just an agreement, like NATO is an agreement

the provinces are not even chained to it, they can opt out if they get the votes

the sole purpose of Canada is

to appease Quebec

keep American freedoms out

and steal resources from the Indians

Canada has no soul, Canada has no higher purpose, Canada is not a noble cause

Canada is not even a good idea, Canada is a bad idea in fact

it is corrupt & inherently corrupting, right down in the DNA

this is why it is falling so easily to these Communists

Canada has no narrative which can stand in the face of this postmodern Information age revolution

Edited by Dougie93

I'm a decorated Canadian veteran

Orangeman of Upper Canada,  served with Royal Canadian Regiment

my family came to Canada in 1757 when it was still a battlefield being contested with the French

there was none more Loyalist than me, I was prepared to kill & die for the Confederation

yet according to the Canadian government now, I am a "White Supremacist Insurrectionist"

that is Canada declaring its own soldiers of the Crown to be enemies of the state

I didn't declare revolutionary war against Canada, Canada declared revolutionary war against me

Canada is a traitor to its own cause, Canada is the treasonous cabal selling its own people down the river

GettyImages-1151166224-9916eac.jpg?quali

Edited by Dougie93

10 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

So the Libs et al took away the red ensign from our flag and made us all Canadian citizens rather than British subjects, whether french, english, brits, germans, italians, and whoever.  And that's fine, that's how you make a country where everyone feels they belong.

well, you're seeing the results now of trying to fabricate that fake country

the Liberals erased the history, and raised multiple generations without a history

now you've got a Potemkin Village, and it fell to the Woke literally overnight

the kids don't believe in the bullshit Liberal Party of Canada village, because it's all bullshit

so they are tearing it down in favour of American culture which they adopted on the internet

you can't fabricate a fake thing and then expect it will survive the coming of a storm

the immigrants are not adopting this fake culture,  neither are the young people, nor are the French

this fool's errand of trying to force everybody to get along will be the doom of Canada

the everybody getting along Canada is a lie,  trying to live a lie always backfires

Canada is basically having a nervous breakdown incited by pathological lying

Edited by Dougie93
  • Sad 1

so again, just to sidestep the bot and get back to your OP, Graham

forcing people to swear fealty to things they don't believe in,  is Canada's problem, not the solution

Canada tried pushing Multiculturalism, that backfired

now Canada has adopted the Woke in desperation, that's backfiring even more spectacualarly

the government spends all its time censoring people for speaking the truth of things

this Post National Canada project of the Liberals, it's just not working

the shotgun marriage of Canada is coming apart at the seams, because the masses don't believe in it

and the reason is, Canada has high self esteem, low acheivement

the Confederation doesn't deliver, the Confederation is a millstone around peoples necks

the only people it serves, is a tiny cabal of cosmopolitan elites in downtown Toronto, Montreal & Ottawa

the rest of the country is breaking down at the practical level, can't get anything done at all anymore

59 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

well, you're seeing the results now of trying to fabricate that fake country

the Liberals erased the history, and raised multiple generations without a history

now you've got a Potemkin Village, and it fell to the Woke literally overnight

the kids don't believe in the bullshit Liberal Party of Canada village, because it's all bullshit

so they are tearing it down in favour of American culture which they adopted on the internet

you can't fabricate a fake thing and then expect it will survive the coming of a storm

the immigrants are not adopting this fake culture,  neither are the young people, nor are the French

this fool's errand of trying to force everybody to get along will be the doom of Canada

the everybody getting along Canada is a lie,  trying to live a lie always backfires

Canada is basically having a nervous breakdown incited by pathological lying

Luckily you can all self medicate with legal pot.

It's not all downsides with liberal dystopias. 

High standards of living and top scores in happiness indexes.

2 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Luckily you can all self medicate with legal pot.

It's not all downsides with liberal dystopias. 

High standards of living and top scores in happiness indexes.

but I know that has nothing to do with Canadian Confederation

I am fully aware that my wealth comes from the United States

even legal pot came from the United States, Canada only did it because the Americans did it first

also, I am extremely lucky, I am privileged by my wealthy American grandfather

I am the exception not the rule, young Canadians may dream of having what I have, but Canada is not going to deliver for them

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

but I know that has nothing to do with Canadian Confederation

I am fully aware that my wealth comes from the United States

even legal pot came from the United States, Canada only did it because the Americans did it first

also, I am extremely lucky, I am privileged by my wealthy American grandfather

I am the exception not the rule, young Canadians may dream of having what I have, but Canada is not going to deliver for them

Is Canada not the wealthy nation I've been led to believe then?

Higher GDP per head of the population than many other wealthy nations such as the UK for example?

Is Canada not the wealthy nation I've been led to believe then?

that's right, because Canada is simply the Confederation

so Canada actually has no wealth at all, all the wealth is in the provinces

the provinces which don't trade with each other, they only trade with the Americans

so you have provinces made rich by America, living under the yoke of a fake country in Ottawa calling itself "Canada"

again, you have to stop viewing Canada as being some metaphysical thing,  like Shangri-La

Canada is just a trade agreement, like the European Union

nobody actually loves the European Union, and the European Union itself doesn't actually own any wealth

Germany is wealthy perhaps, but that doesn't mean Greece is wealthy

it's the same in Canada, Ontario can borrow much more than Newfoundland

so Ontario is flush and Newfoundland is broke

Canada is not a monolith, it's a collection of very desperate jurisdictions

Edited by Dougie93

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

that's right, because Canada is simply the Confederation

so Canada actually has no wealth at all, all the wealth is in the provinces

the provinces which don't trade with each other, they only trade with the Americans

so you have provinces made rich by America, living under the yoke of a fake country in Ottawa calling itself "Canada"

indeed

and all the provinces would be richer

if they didn't have to carry the other provinces

and their niche demands that are anchors around their necks

to the negotiation table with America

all for the non-existent benefits of "Canada"

f*ck confederation and the horse it rode in on

Mutually beneficial trade agreements are a good thing though aren't they?

Germany bails out bankrupt Greece with cheap loans and in return retains a market for it's products.

The EU doesn't need to own any of its own wealth (It does btw through contributions and import duties and tariffs etc) it just needs to help member states create it.

Very few nations are monoliths. The US generates most of it's wealth in a small amount of States. Most of the UK's wealth is generated in London and the south east. Scotland and Wales are just drains on the exchequer.

Edited by Iceni warrior

Mutually beneficial trade agreements are a good thing though aren't they?

yes, and our trade agreements which are good, are the north south ones with the Americans

there is no trade agreement east west, that Canadian state has failed, long time ago

the provinces of Canada wage trade war against each other, to jockey for position in trading with Amrerica

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

yes, and our trade agreements which are good, are the north south ones with the Americans

there is no trade agreement east west, that Canadian state has failed, long time ago

the provinces of Canada wage trade war against each other, to jockey for position in trading with America

the provinces would wage less trade wars against each other

if they didn't have to hold onto each other's baggage when dealing north-south

not being in confederation would simultaneously boost trade both north-south and east-west

confederation is an albatross, only good for doing things that aren't worth doing

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

the provinces would wage less trade wars against each other

if they didn't have to hold onto each other's baggage when dealing north-south

either way, Canada is not working

Canada is not serving the purpose for which it was created

this is leaving your generation behind, you are the poor Canadians