Should we all be required to swear an oath to the Queen of Canada before voting?

47 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

When was the last time the Queen, who is supposedly the head of state of your country, visited Canada?

I mean if something ain't broken don't fix it and if this arrangement works well with the countries having a foreigner as head of state but it can't be denied it is very strange.

The Queen and Prince Philip did visit Canada a number of years ago.  I saw them in Winnipeg.  But she doesn't have to be here because she is represented by the Governor General in our system.  This has worked fine for a long time.

20 hours ago, cougar said:

Sorry, can't buy any of that.

If you rebuilt at least as much as your bombings destroyed, you would have restored the place to its original state.

But why would Canada or USA spend money on infrastructure in a foreign land "connecting Afghanistan with Pakistan"?   Nobody does anything in a capitalist world unless there is profit to be made from exploiting the resources of the land and its citizens.

Yes, you might have killed some of them. I doubt any saw you as a positive , building or peacekeeping force.

One way or another, we are out of there; the USA is going to be out of there and everything will go back to normal less those killed.

So in essence you accomplished nothing.

Why would I ever want to go into some desert on the other side of the globe to risk my life, take lives of people I do not understand and create trade routs between nowhere and nowhere?

Thats the one of the benefits of living here in Canada, your free to express your opinion anyway you like. Regardless of what you think. I don't think you really understand what happened in Afghanistan, nor what our country tried and did for them. your not going to educate yourself, and i really don't care if you get it or not...

Indirectly Canada did not spend anything, all that funding came out of DND's budget, at the expense of new equipment and training funding for DND.  Why open a trade route this is an example of why you don't understand the problem.  One of the main reasons is to increase Afghanistan's GDP, so they could develop other markets other than drugs and other criminal activities... What resources did NATO exploit any ways...

Once again you talk like you had first hand knowledge, maybe you would like to share a source of this new found knowledge...

Canada did leave, because Canadians said they had enough, and yet they did not know why, they just decided they wanted to go, without knowing anything of the problem or the cost of solving it. 

Again that is your best opinion, and i agree to disagree, I have had this discussions hundreds of times, they normally end with no one changing their minds.. Your free to think what ever you want, but it is not based on facts or evidence...

No body asked you to do anything, our government told us to go over to Afghanistan, you know the one most Canadians voted in, they pointed out who was the enemy and we did our jobs we closed with and destroyed as many as those scumbag terrorist as we could... you don't have to like it, but you do have to life with it... and one day our future PM will apologize to the Afghan people for killing terrorists on their behalf.

1 hour ago, -TSS- said:

When was the last time the Queen, who is supposedly the head of state of your country, visited Canada?

I mean if something ain't broken don't fix it and if this arrangement works well with the countries having a foreigner as head of state but it can't be denied it is very strange.

The Queen doesn't actually have much power in practical reality, mostly a symbol and rubber stamp at this point, a ceremonial position, with some reserve power in case our ruling government of the day turn into autocrats.  This is a good thing because the people in Canada determine their own destiny via democracy.  This is called "responsible government".  The GG even carries out most of the Queen's duties, so it doesn't really matter much where the monarch lives.

2 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

So are you.  As a soldier you said you're supposed to be apolitical I thought, so bend the knee and follow the Queen's orders.

That's not what you're doing.  You got discharged and now are preaching sedition and disobeying the Queen's will in the name of the Queen, which is hypocritical lunacy.  You have cognitive dissonance, and are making up all sorts of BS to justify it that wouldn't fly for 2 seconds in a court of law.

Your enemies are the rats on Parliament Hill, and the foreign and domestic agents that want the Queen's realm to burn and then take everything from her for their own benefit.  ISIS rats, CCP rats, Russian rats, etc.

Unfortunately our "compassionate" immigration system has been used as a Trojan Horse by our enemies to insert foreign agents into our universities, virus research labs, government departments, corporate board rooms, and IT infrastructure.

We need to expose the bastards, tar and feather them, and send them back to where they came from with a boot up their ass.  Yoga boy on Parliament Hill is a rat letting them in like a naive idiot trying to "save the world", and the Conservatives weren't much better under Harper because the CCP knew how to grease their palms.

The Queen or her representative has not given any orders. no one is preaching sedition, i think we have been clear that we would not take up arms for Canada any longer, i did not say anything about taking up arms against Canada and it's government or people.... show me in that oath or any where really where it says i must blindly follow our government, or it's people,  and their will regardless of topic ,or  right or wrong. nor does it say you have to love the country and it's citizens.

We are as frustrated with this nation as you are, i don't agree where it is going now or in the future, Canadians for the most part are concerned about their bubble and what the government can do for them. not the other way around... we have for the most part turned into needy liberals that need their hand held when the lights go out... we are frustrated because we have pinned our hopes on the conservative party which can not find it's own ass with 4 hands, we are frustrated because we see where the country is going and it does not look like peaches and cream...

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Unless the dictators in government tell you that you can't and haul you in front of an inquisition and charge you with heresy.

The liberals may be good , but not that good, their balls are not that big...

7 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The Queen doesn't actually have much power in practical reality, mostly a symbol and rubber stamp at this point, a ceremonial position, with some reserve power in case our ruling government of the day turn into autocrats.  This is a good thing because the people in Canada determine their own destiny via democracy.  This is called "responsible government".  The GG even carries out most of the Queen's duties, so it doesn't really matter much where the monarch lives.

100 % agree , Butit is written that way so our government could not willy dilly use it's military against it's own people, when ever it thought, it is a check and balance thing...

34 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

No body asked you to do anything, our government told us to go over to Afghanistan, you know the one most Canadians voted in, they pointed out who was the enemy and we did our jobs we closed with and destroyed as many as those scumbag terrorist as we could... you don't have to like it, but you do have to life with it... and one day our future PM will apologize to the Afghan people for killing terrorists on their behalf.

One of the most naive and arrogant things NATO could do was think they could take a horribly poor landlocked desert/mountain country run by an Islamic version of the Nazis that wanted to murder us and turn it into a stable liberal democracy.

What we should have concentrated on is just killing the bastards that attacked NATO until they agreed to stop, and if they didn't just start killing them again every time they act violently against us.  Carrot and stick.

13 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

The Queen or her representative has not given any orders. no one is preaching sedition, i think we have been clear that we would not take up arms for Canada any longer, i did not say anything about taking up arms against Canada and it's government or people.... show me in that oath or any where really where it says i must blindly follow our government, or it's people,  and their will regardless of topic ,or  right or wrong. nor does it say you have to love the country and it's citizens.

Fair enough.  We just have to follow the Queen's laws, and I guess if you're a soldier you have to follow her orders as commander-in-chief.

13 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

We are as frustrated with this nation as you are, i don't agree where it is going now or in the future, Canadians for the most part are concerned about their bubble and what the government can do for them. not the other way around... we have for the most part turned into needy liberals that need their hand held when the lights go out... we are frustrated because we have pinned our hopes on the conservative party which can not find it's own ass with 4 hands, we are frustrated because we see where the country is going and it does not look like peaches and cream...

Amen.  We've become a nation of adult babies sucking off the Queen's nipple instead of asking "how can we each best serve her and her country?"

Trudeau's Liberals give out half a billion dollars in "free" money, charges it to our great-grandchildren, and the Liberal approval rating skyrocket.

I know how corrupt this government is.  The corruption has spread its tentacles deep into every government department.  Where are the patriots?  Everyone is too worried about their own jobs to take a stand.  The military isn't the only one they've turned their backs on, it's just that you guys are taking more of the hits than most.

Yeah maybe one day a true leader will rise and save this country, but will enough people follow them?  More likely the indigenous, Quebecois, Albertans, and vets etc will become so disillusioned they'll join together and sack Parliament Hill lol.

Literally 3 pages in one the last federal budgets dedicated to veterans, and hundreds of pages dedicated to indigenous and gender issues.  That tells you the priorities of this government, and how much they value our vets.  If you're in a family you need to cater to the needs of all family members and not be picking favorites and neglecting the others.

16 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

One of the most naive and arrogant things NATO could do was think they could take a horribly poor landlocked desert/mountain country run by an Islamic version of the Nazis that wanted to murder us and turn it into a stable liberal democracy.

What we should have concentrated on is just killing the bastards that attacked NATO until they agreed to stop, and if they didn't just start killing them again every time they act violently against us.  Carrot and stick.

Nothing even close to a liberal democracy, the form of government was chosen by the Afghanis people, and while they voted for their Government in, it only loosely represents what we call a democracy. more like a blended democracy/ dictatorship. 

it gets complicated by the fact the Taliban are a creation of Pakistanis intelligence, with Pakistan giving them protection and free access to their country. add in there some Russian interference and funding along with all the known terrorist groups across the globe...and the Muslims religious obligations to fight in most holly wars , well it gets complicated.. Fighting the taliban and the other terrorist groups is a global affair not just Afghanistan / Pakistan problem... lets not forget Pakistan is a nuclear country as well...

One of the problems with just killing all the bad guys is you destroy most of the governments areas of responsibility, someone or some thing is going to step in , and finding someone that is a friend to the west are few and far between. Iraq was a good example of that, US failed to step in and take over until the government could get started again.  

10 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Trudeau's Liberals give out half a billion dollars in "free" money, charges it to our great-grandchildren, and the Liberal approval rating skyrocket.

I know how corrupt this government is.  The corruption has spread its tentacles deep into every government department.  Where are the patriots?  Everyone is too worried about their own jobs to take a stand.  The military isn't the only one they've turned their backs on, it's just that you guys are taking more of the hits than most.

Yeah maybe one day a true leader will rise and save this country, but will enough people follow them?  More likely the indigenous, Quebecois, Albertans, and vets etc will become so disillusioned they'll join together and sack Parliament Hill lol.

The cons could do the same, promise everything deliver sweet F*** all, and once in office start to turn things around slowly letting the population adjust, do a propagandas blitz on them on how bad things are and explain what the plan is to get out of it...

There are lots of Canadians that don't like what the liberals are doing or the future... but the majority have been brainwashed to think that they can't trust the right, or their heads will explode, that is Justins staff that created that image and the cons do nothing to deter that thinking...

They have defunded most of our security apparatus so it barely does the work... RCMP, DND, Coast Guard, Border services, Immigration, and the others  all to fund more social programs than we need...

My opinion is this country is starved for a good leader, and when he /she comes people will flock to them, liberal or conservative... Some vets have tried that already, PTSD is a bitch that way, it totally turns things around, goods is bad , and bad is good... combine that with drugs and booze and you get a party that no ones wants to go to.. and few come back from.. 

22 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Literally 3 pages in one the last federal budgets dedicated to veterans, and hundreds of pages dedicated to indigenous and gender issues.  That tells you the priorities of this government, and how much they value our vets.  If you're in a family you need to cater to the needs of all family members and not be picking favorites and neglecting the others.

It's not just the Government moonlight , yes they played the major role, but they play any tune the public wants, and our vets are not on the minds of it's majority of citizens... or it would be a talking point for all parties.. what is priority CERB, or any of it's hybrids, as a distraction they throw in women rights in regards to employment, wages, and sexual assault or harassments, or talk about reconciliation with indigenous, climate change, and my favorite getting back better... and our new green economy, lets not forget the new war on legal gun owners,  it's all talk, with very little action... the people eat anything the media has to play or say, and in todays world the intra net anything can be true...

27 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

One of the problems with just killing all the bad guys is you destroy most of the governments areas of responsibility, someone or some thing is going to step in , and finding someone that is a friend to the west are few and far between. Iraq was a good example of that, US failed to step in and take over until the government could get started again.  

True, but we don't necessarily need a friend to the west, just a government that doesn't try to murder us.  Otherwise its just imperialism and the locals are likely to revolt against a puppet, like in Iran and elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

It's not just the Government moonlight , yes they played the major role, but they play any tune the public wants, and our vets are not on the minds of it's majority of citizens... or it would be a talking point for all parties.. what is priority CERB, or any of it's hybrids, as a distraction they throw in women rights in regards to employment, wages, and sexual assault or harassments, or talk about reconciliation with indigenous, climate change, and my favorite getting back better... and our new green economy, lets not forget the new war on legal gun owners,  it's all talk, with very little action... the people eat anything the media has to play or say, and in todays world the intra net anything can be true...

I can't imagine Canadians don't want vets to get their proper healthcare and be taken care of.  It's about votes with the government.  Spending money to help vets and make our military equipment better for them doesn't get as many votes as virtue signaling about women's issues.  Women are 50% of the voting population.   There's many more immigrants in Canada than vets, it's about votes and ego.  Our politicians are sociopaths.

2 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

For the most part your right Muslim countries for the most part don't favor democracy, but prefer dictatorship, or hard core monarchy.

Carrots and sticks.  Give the afghan gov more of a reason to not support terrorists who try to bomb us, like our military not bombing the government....or whatever sticks they come up with that they'll listen to.

I can't imagine a worse government than the Taliban lol, it's only up from there!  Afghanistan doesn't have much geopolitical power anyways, mostly meaningless to us as allies other than not harbouring terrorists.

there's no need to take up arms against Canada to bring Canada down

Canada is bringing itself down, the leftist lunatics are burning their own village

I don't feel any need to stop them, it's the will of the Canadian public, so let it burn

just desserts

Edited by Dougie93

2 hours ago, Army Guy said:

100 % agree , Butit is written that way so our government could not willy dilly use it's military against it's own people, when ever it thought, it is a check and balance thing...

as if the government isn't doing that already

CSE is turned against the Canadian people

it's an information war, you don't see the tanks in the streets, because FVEY doesn't need tanks

there's no checks & balances in Canada, only naive civilians believe that shit

the truth of Canada is that it is lawless

they do whatever they think they can get away with in Ottawa, they make up the rules as they go

the courts, the police, the media, they are all sycophants to power as much as the rest

it's like the Soviet Union, what it says the law is on paper and what they do in the Politburo are unrelated

the elites in Canada are above the law

remember the G7 summit in Toronto ?

they brought cops in from all over Canada

then the cops just start lawlessly attacking random people, just going buck wild beating the shit out of people

they had a prison camp set up, throwing people in cages

that's the true face of the Canadian Government

they can make up whatever bullshit excuses they need to terrorize  bourgeois Canada into submission

12 hours ago, Army Guy said:

We are as frustrated with this nation as you are

but the values espoused in frustration by Graham are simply not Canadian values

he wants to fashion some sort of ethno nationalist people's republic which scapegoats immigrants

except, British is not a race, British is not a place, British is a system of governance

Canada is a Confederation of an Empire

and that Empire is 2 billion people in 52 countries, of all races, creeds & religions