The Presidential Debate

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

They should be able to do the same in person, don't they wear microphones?  Just get a remote connection, shut down the mic when his time is up.  He could keep talking, or at least we could see his lips moving, but the other guy could get a word in edgewise.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen that during the last debate.  But it would probably only half work, as he would still be heard on the other mikes.  During a virtual debate they could shut him up completely.  His head would explode.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen that during the last debate.  But it would probably only half work, as he would still be heard on the other mikes.  During a virtual debate they could shut him up completely.  His head would explode.

Perhaps they could deploy the "cone of silence" on his side of the stage.  :)

37 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Of course he refused.  They would be able to shut him up if he wouldn't on his own.

That would be the theory anyway. And it would seem the hope of you two above. They would be able to control the debate better. They tried feeding Hillary pre-arranged questions. They tried sotballs for Joe and 'how long have you been beating your wife" questions for Trump. They tried double-teaming the Donald. Wallace and Biden vs. Trump. Nothing works. So now they want to put Donald in a cone of silence and Joe in front of a teleprompter. 

Good luck with that, you "Progressive" criminals in charge of the debates. These debates need new Prog-free organizers. Then the President won't have to tear the show up to get a fair chance to speak.

Edited by Infidel Dog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Infidel Dog said:

That would be the theory anyway. And it would seem the hope of you two above. They would be able to control the debate better. They tried feeding Hillary pre-arranged questions. They tried sotballs for Joe and 'how long have you been beating your wife" questions for Trump. They tried double-teaming the Donald. Nothing works. So now they want to put Donald in a cone of silence and Joe in front of a teleprompter. 

Good luck with that, you "Progressive" criminals in charge of the debates. These debates need new Prog-free organizers. Then Trump won't have to tear the show up to get a fair chance to speak.

The format for VP debate is more than enough. Put them in plastic bubbles, then let them have at it on stage

Now that would be truly worth watching...

17 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

That would be the theory anyway. And it would seem the hope of you two above. They would be able to control the debate better. They tried feeding Hillary pre-arranged questions. They tried sotballs for Joe and 'how long have you been beating your wife" questions for Trump. They tried double-teaming the Donald. Wallace and Biden vs. Trump. Nothing works. So now they want to put Donald in a cone of silence and Joe in front of a teleprompter. 

Good luck with that, you "Progressive" criminals in charge of the debates. These debates need new Prog-free organizers. Then the President won't have to tear the show up to get a fair chance to speak.

Ah yes, they.  I might have thought it would be they.

24 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

You don't actually know who is 'in charge' of the debates, do you.  

The whole idea of this kind of debate is useless. A POTUS makes decisions after getting advice from advisors. President Reagan was successful because he knew his limitations and surrounded himself with people who were smarter than he was and he listened to their advice. If a President fails to listen to professionals who know more than she / he does, he / she is doomed in the long run. Debates do not demonstrate anything valuable about the real world. 

11 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

So, looks like the next debate moderator Steve Scully is a democrat chivatto too.

Mistakenly sent a tweet revealing who he's taking his orders from. Nice. Now we know who is running these debates... only a complete fool would debate in this climate.

Reports say that he was one of Biden's interns in the '70s, they just don't say how old he was. Hopefully he wasn't some 8 yr old kid getting sniffed & smooched and bouncing on Biden's knee. 

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

. Hopefully he wasn't some 8 yr old kid getting sniffed & smooched and bouncing on Biden's knee. 

That is a vile accusation. I hope you can back it up with documentation of a verdict in a crimminal trail, otherwise, it is nothing but a baseless contemptable lie. Regardless of how we feel about a politician, there are boundaries of civility that never should be crossed. Vice President Biden deserves the same respect we show President Trump.

Edited by Queenmandy85
spelling error

Nothing new on the Biden as pedo front but the Steve as another biased, regressive leftist moderator thing seems to be dead-on.

From Fox News:

Scully's credibility as an unbiased debate moderator was previously questioned after it became known that he previously served as an intern for then-Senator Biden and served as a staffer for the late Democratic Senator Ted Kennedy. 

Another tweet of Scully's from the 2016 election showed him sharing a New York Times op-ed titled, "No, Not Trump, Not Ever."

Responding to both Scully and Scaramucci's tweets, White House deputy communications director Brian Morgenstern told "Fox News @ Night" anchor Shannon Bream that "if anybody is having a bad week, it's certainly the presidential debate commission."

"Now their chosen moderator certainly seems not to be very impartial," Morgenstern told Bream. "The first one. Susan Page, of course, is writing the glowing biography of Speaker Pelosi and now Mr. Scully, who interned for Joe Biden, now colluding to use the word the Democrats love with the Mooche, who, you know, I love The Mooche, but he's gone way off the deep end. He is a wild-eyed critic of the president at this point. And now to have a debate moderator seeking his advice. I think the cat's out of the bag. I don't think Mr. Scully is impartial. So that really calls into question, again, the debate commission's judgment here."

Shouldn't matter though. Doesn't look like the debate is going to happen.

Edited by Infidel Dog

4 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

That is a vile accusation. I hope you can back it up with documentation of a verdict in a crimminal trail, otherwise, it is nothing but a baseless contemptable lie. Regardless of how we feel about a politician, there are boundaries of civility that never should be crossed.

LMAO. You edited this post because of a spelling error and you left "crimminal" in it? 

After 3 years of "Trump colluded with Russia, Trump slapped a quid pro quo on the free military aid to Ukraine, Trump called soldiers losers, Trump put kids in cages, they made women drink out of the toilet, Trump called all immigrants animals, Trump obstructed justice, Trump said that he would refuse to relinquish the WH if he loses the election", etc being posted here do you think I give a rat's ass if I made an accusation against Biden that "didn't have ultimate proof" right now? Everyone here knows that Biden sniffs and smooches kids inappropriately. It's gross.

Obviously I was joking that he'd have an 8 yr old intern, but it's still pretty funny. 

Vice President Biden deserves the same respect we show President Trump.

Given. 

Hi, this is my first post.  Let me know if there is anything I could do to improve my communication skills.

This debate, if you can actually call it a debate, left much to be desired, in my opinion. 

The moderator acted as more of a debate member of Biden's than a moderator.  The two debating should have been allowed to debate with no obvious bias displayed by the moderator. He seemed intent upon inflaming the subject matter he introduced.  He then argued with Trump and demanded answers.  No moderator in history has been so obviously in favor of one candidate over the other.

Politics in the United States has become a very soap  opera type of affair.

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Oh I know. In fact it would be amazing if it were otherwise.

Trump wont take a fight he knows he will lose, but he still loses either way. If it were me, I'd still take the fight, and put it to em. Expose the charlatans for who they are, live on TV. Including Mr. immoderator

These are not debates. A proper political debate is formated with a set time allotment where each side is given, say 10 minutes, to state their plan for government should they be elected, without interuption. They are then given a set time for rebuttal, again, uninterupted.

The attack, the gotcha moments, may be entertaining for some, but does nothing to inform the viewer about policy. It is no different than the morons who watch auto racing to see the accidents or hockey to watch the fights.

Government is run by a team, not an individual. Those individuals who try to govern without relying on advisors are doomed to failure. 

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Progressives love them some bureaucracy. One of the things you can't help notice as a Prog MO is they'll infiltrate the administration of any organization that manages anything from fact check organizations to debate commissions to University boards and hijack the policy rendering them ultimately useless.

Debate-Commision-2.jpg

Oh and @Dora. Yes, I know all about the Debate Commission. They're talking about it all the time over on my side of the political aisle.

Rigged: The Chairman of the Presidential Debate Commission is Co-Founder of “Color Revolution” Org Linked to Steele Dossier and More

Edited by Infidel Dog