Racism in Canada

12 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I've wondered this myself; I think JT loses more votes than he gains among immigrants from conservative countries when he supports gay marriage, LGBTQ+, abortion, etc.  I think it's a bit of a myth that bringing in immigrants = more votes.  Immigrants aren't entirely dumb, they understand that voting allows them to direct government policy and if they want to direct government policy towards less progressive policies, they know which party that is.  They don't like the conservatives anti-immigrant rhetoric, though.  I've seen that on other discussion forums - "Liberals have values I don't agree with, but Conservatives seem to really dislike people like me."  

The only reason I can think of is that, despite the claim that immigrants are merely Liberals way of 'getting more votes', they know perfectly well that the immigrant vote would not give them enough to outweigh their base that prefers their anti-immigrant  rhetoric.

It's odd, though, since it doesn't really matter who is in power - immigration increases don't change all that much between the two parties.  https://www.thewalrus-factchecking.com/post/fact-check-is-the-liberal-government-rapidly-increasing-immigration-levels-in-canada

Yes if the conservatives tone down their immigration talking points Trudeau might find that immigration will not work in his favour.

I know from people that work for immigration. Is just a PR job that Canada welcomes all immigrants, he says sometimes he can see the Canadian immigration system stricter than in USA. Trump talks loudly and screams WALL WALL another PR job for his base.

Politics is a game ot the mind, who can brainwash who.

43 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

For the above post, my friend you need to get out and meet people. The majority of immigrants just want a good life for their family. My first job a muslim hired me and a jewish person helped me in my lowest point and once you witness stuff like this you will realize is not really that simple how Breitbart says it. People are people.

The majority of immigrants are being used by left wing groups to gain political power. I never understood why right wing groups don't go to reach out more to immigrants because they can gain so much political capital as majority of immigrants are very conservative in their family life.

Let me leave you with this line: It is not the strongest who can survive, is the one that can adapt to change. The world is changing.

Trump is trying to reach out to all Americans that he is there for all Americans. It is those demonrats that will not quit with their endless lies and criticisms and showing thier constant hatred that they have towards Trump. Trump has dared try to break up their deep state monopoly on America, and they do not like it one bit. They see themselves losing their deep state power and control and authority over the American people. It is the leftist liberals who are the ones that are sowing the seeds of racism and hatred in America. They need those two to try and stay alive. 

Let me leave you with this line: To know one side of the story, is to know nothing at all. This is the problem in America and Canada today. We the people are only getting one side of the story. The leftist liberal side of the story. The conservative side of the story must never be allowed to be seen or heard from. Until the people start listening to what people like conservative Breitbart, and so many other conservatives have to say is, let's hear from and get the other side of the story,  If no one is willing to get the other side of the story then this racism and hatred crap will go on and on and will cause us to hate others even more. In Canada and America all racists are coming together. But there are those who do not want to see this coming together. They only want to see more hatred and racism because it is to their benefit and in their interest to keep those two alive. We need to stop talking about racism and hatred and get on with life. Just saying. ;)

Edited by taxme

11 minutes ago, taxme said:

Trump is trying to reach out to all Americans that he is there for all Americans. It is those demonrats that will not quit with their endless lies and criticisms and showing thier constant hatred that they have towards Trump. Trump has dared try to break up their deep state monopoly on America, and they do not like it one bit. They see themselves losing their deep state power and control and authority over the American people. It is the leftist liberals who are the ones that are sowing the seeds of racism and hatred in America. They need those two to try and stay alive. 

Let me leave you with this line: To know one side of the story, is to know nothing at all. This is the problem in America and Canada today. We the people are only getting one side of the story. The leftist liberal side of the story. The conservative side of the story must never be allowed to be seen or heard from. Until the people start listening to what people like conservative Breitbart, and so many other conservatives have to say is, let's hear from and get the other side of the story,  If no one is willing to get the other side of the story then this racism and hatred crap will go on and on and will cause us to hate others even more. In Canada and America all racists are coming together. But there are those who do not want to see this coming together. 

They want to see more hatred and racism because it is to their benefit and in their interest to keep those two alive. We need to stop talking about racism and hatred and get on with life. Just syaing. ;)

True freedom is when you realize that no man is perfect because if you don't do that you are on the road to a dictatorship.

Trump is flawed, of course we see his flaws more than others since the establishment hates him so much and when you have 24/7 msnbc and cnn saying the same thing is called brainwashing;

but please he sees you like a business like a client and he is telling you everything you want to hear so you can buy his product. So you are brainwashed too. We all are in a way.

Edited by Independent1986

2 hours ago, Tdot said:

I cannot agree because I don't see where there's a viable, tangible difference. 

For example, I have great negro friends who took me to Scarborough or Jane & Finch in Toronto and in Montreal yes several times and some who took me to Crenshaw Blvd in L.A. and some who took me to CHIraq (southside Chicago) and Detroit. For years. Yes, where I talk to subjugated people to understand the problem.

Two thirds of blacks in Canada are immigrants. And almost all the rest are their kids. They are not subjugated. They came here willingly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

True freedom is when you realize that no man is perfect because if you don't do that you are on the road to a dictatorship.

Trump is flawed, of course we see his flaws more than others since the establishment hates him so much and when you have 24/7 msnbc and cnn saying the same thing is called brainwashing;

Trump is the most flawed man ever to sit in the White House. He has almost every character flaw known to man, combined with low class, a nearly complete ignorance about how the world works, and a growing dementia. Of course the media (except for FOX) is going to be appalled by this and relate it to the public. We don't see his flaws more because the media hates him. We see his flaws more because they are so numerous and he does so little to hide them.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Argus said:

Trump is the most flawed man ever to sit in the White House. He has almost every character flaw known to man, combined with low class, a nearly complete ignorance about how the world works, and a growing dementia. Of course the media (except for FOX) is going to be appalled by this and relate it to the public. We don't see his flaws more because the media hates him. We see his flaws more because they are so numerous and he does so little to hide them.

What about the fact that under Donald Trump legislation drafted by Jared Kushner the biggest criminal reform in US history was done and helped a lot of people get of jail (mostly minorities, I guess he was not a racist then) and that Obama deported more people than Trump did, I guess that failed to report on MSNBC.

Don't think MSNBC or CNN are better than Fox, all of them divide a country by coming 24/7 on the TV and state their opinion. Try watching some news report from the 80's or 90's strictly news not BIAS right or left. Is hard to see who started it all, is like the chicken or the egg however action = reaction :).

Trump is not a racist, he worships at the altar of MONEY, he just plays the music to whatever group wants to hear it. You wait to see the book deals he will get after his presidency. I mean Obama did get a 16 million dollar book deal, Bernie has 2 houses and 1 cottage, is good business to talk about RACISM  (SO I CAN BE ON TOPIC).

Edited by Independent1986

Just now, Independent1986 said:

What about the fact that under Donald Trump legislation drafted by Jared Kushner the biggest criminal reform in US history was done and helped a lot of people get of jail and that Obama deported more people than Trump did, I guess that failed to report on MSNBC. Don't think MSNBC or CNN are better than Fox, all of them divide a country by coming 24/7 on the TV and saying their opinion. Try watching some news report from the 80's or 90's strictly news not BIAS right or left. Is hard to see who started it all, is like the chicken or the egg however action = reaction :).

What about any of that is related to what I wrote? Trump does not draft legislation. Trump watches TV and plays golf, and is trotted out for the cameras from time to time. He has no knowledge or understanding of how legislation or government works, nor has he shown the inclination to learn. His own appointed senior people have variously referred to him as a moron, a cretin, and a terrible human being.

40 minutes ago, Argus said:

Two thirds of blacks in Canada are immigrants. And almost all the rest are their kids. They are not subjugated. They came here willingly.

They came here willingly, true indeed, but that is independent of subjugation awaiting them when they arrive here ---same as that subjugation which always rapes the one-third of Canadian negros who are natives;

White Privilege reigns, Supreme!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, taxme said:

The point that you are not getting here is why do so many people from the third world always want to immigrate too and live in a white Western country? If we white people are supposed to be so racist, why then are white people allowing 80% of their new immigrants to be non-white immigrants? One would think that those 3rd world immigrants should have to be out of their f'n minds for wanting to immigrate to a white racist country where white people hate non-whites. You must think that all white people should just roll over and die for no-whites, eh?  

You got that right Taxme! :)

Edited by Teena

31 minutes ago, Argus said:

What about any of that is related to what I wrote? Trump does not draft legislation. Trump watches TV and plays golf, and is trotted out for the cameras from time to time. He has no knowledge or understanding of how legislation or government works, nor has he shown the inclination to learn. 

That's very disingenuous.

President Trump is the leader of the free world, so he doesn't have to draft legislation ---his bullypulpit does it for him.  It borders word trickery, to pretend about this.

And since Movements start within, the People, then when Kanye West's wife met with President Trump at the White House to kickstart a movement. Guess what was the result?

His own appointed senior people have variously referred to him as a moron, a cretin, and a terrible human being.

Post proof.  Validate your claim, so we can see if it is someone who went down the swamp's drain. Fair?

1 minute ago, Tdot said:

That's very disingenuous.

President Trump is the leader of the free world, so he doesn't have to draft legislation ---his bullypulpit does it for him.  It borders word trickery, to pretend about this.

No, people only say Trump is the "leader of the free world" when obviously he is not.

Has nothing to do with racism in Canada.

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2020 at 3:26 PM, taxme said:

Why are there so many people like you who always want to keep bringing up slavery in America or who keep whining and crying about how Indians were treated centuries ago? The practice of slavery and the bad treatment against native Indians ended centuries ago. I want to forget the past but I cannot because of people like you and your constant let's keep racism alive and well by trying to make all white people out as and always will be a bunch of racists. When people like you keep bringing that up, it would appear to me as though you are the ones that are trying to promote hatred against white people yourself. 

Sure there is racism in Canada, and there always will be. There is racism all over the world, and racism will never end. But thanks to multiculturalism and massive 3rd world immigration and the forcing of so many different cultures together is probably going to create and become a big problem one day here in Canada. Canada is being set up for a cultural disaster as we see many different cultures coming to Canada today and are now living in their own tribal ghettos. Canada will soon become a divided country as those new cultures increase in numbers.

Asians and East Indians can pretty much carry on in Canada without assimilating into Canadian culture. They are being allowed to practice in Canada their own cultures as to how they lived from whence they came. I know that Asians do not like East Indians, nor do Chinese like Japanese or Korean people. Koreans and Japanese do not like Chinese people. Black people despise white people. Muslims despise everybody. Are you starting to get the picture yet? 

So quit with trying to make it appear as though there are crosses being burned everywhere in Canada today and white people are naturally all racists. Geez, some people's kids?  ;) 

Right! That was all a long, long time ago.....EXCEPT WHEN WE WANT TO CELEBRATE OUR NATIONAL HERITAGE, FLY THE FLAG, SHOOT OFF FIREWORKS ON NATIONAL HOLIDAYS, SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM AND TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT WE ARE!  Then, all of a sudden, when it comes to mythologized history, it's still with us. Which it is of course, because the authorities who rule over us and remake history to their liking, won't allow any real historical reckoning...because that would jeopardize present day claims to having a right to exploit the rest of the world by way of the World Bank, IMF and the military alliances that enforce the global rules. There is no disconnecting modern day Euro-American Imperialism from its European origins and white identity today, regardless of how liberal and colour-blind it pretends to be today! 

Sure a few Africans and Asians get rich enough to be welcomed into the club (as long as they follow the club rules), just as a few 'visible minorities' who get rich enough or serve the Empire sufficiently are rewarded (Obama sure comes to mind), but there is still no hiding  who started this so called 'enlightened' system today and who's interests it primarily serves and if it doesn't end, will continue to serve far off into the future. 

When it comes to racism, you need to define it down to what kind of racism you're talking about here! Cause most people who belong to groups targeted because of their race, ethnicity, religion etc., are less concerned with social acceptance by white majorities than whether they face economic discrimination or are at risk of attack by white rightwing mobs who proto-fascist leaders incite to divert attention from the real enemies who use them as a means to control or threaten societies to stay quiet and not fight for their rights. 

And there may be some instances where immigrants or other minorities - blacks, natives etc. can be turned against each other. But that's the exception, rather than the rule. Which you might notice if you look at any group demonstrating against immigrants or immigration...you never see the descendants of the first North Americans among them! Just the descendants of the interlopers who crossed the Atlantic and claimed everything for themselves.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Seeing as Canada is one of the least racist nations on earth, how can we influence the hugely bigoted nations on earth, like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, to evolve into more civilized and tolerant nations? 

Impossible and a bloody waste of time to even try to get those two to stop bigotry and racism. Those two backwards religious zealots run on their religious archaic 10th century religious beliefs attached to their crummy useless lives.  Why the western world wants to have anything to do with many of those backwards 3rd world countries is beyond me.

The western world could do just fine without dealing with most of them or why western countries even allow most of them to immigrate to western countries. They will eventually bring on the downfall of our western civilizations and ways and values and cultures.and turn our western countries into one of theirs. We already see what is happening in Britain with Muslims now taking over cities in Britain. No go zones for the white British people unless some Brits want to become a Muslim. Aw well. :wacko:

On 4/23/2020 at 6:27 PM, dialamah said:

For those Muslims, it's because they believe their religion is the best and only true religion, and because they believe their holy book, the Koran, tells them to hate others and even to kill them.

You think (those) Muslims hate non-Muslims, Jews and gays because they believe their religion is the best and only true religion [you mean as opposed to how Buddhists feel?], and because they believe their holy book tells them to hate others and even to kill them?

Has someone told you, 'I hate Jews/Non-Muslims/gays - the book tells me to'? Where do you get the information?

Your first point makes no sense because most followers of a religion believe the same thing. The second makes no sense because you're not only saying some hate and kill such and such people because they're told to — you're saying they think they have been told to hate and kill.

4 minutes ago, Marocc said:

1. Your first point makes no sense because most followers of a religion believe the same thing.

2. The second makes no sense because you're not only saying some hate and kill such and such people because they're told to — you're saying they think they have been told to hate and kill.

1. Yup, most followers of religions do. 

2. Yup, some think think their book tells them to hate/kill such people.   

It's been proven throughout history and even currently throughout the world.     

1 hour ago, Independent1986 said:

but please he sees you like a business like a client and he is telling you everything you want to hear so you can buy his product. So you are brainwashed too. We all are in a way.

We are all flawed in some way alright. Even I will admit that I have made a few flaws in my life. But Trump is far from being a racist as many have tried to make him out to be like those you mentioned like CNN and MSNBC and even our own CBC. I cannot imagine what the world would be like right now if Trump did not get elected. I can never agree with anyone who seems to feel that Canada is full of racists. But I find it very easy to say that I find that most Canadians are a bunch of dumb ass people. Just saying. :D 

If you want to bring up brainwashing the biggest brainwashing that we have not seen since who knows when is what we are seeing happening today with this fake and phony plandemic virus hoax going on. How can sane people not see this for what it really is? One big f'n joke being played on us all. Just saying. ;)  

On 4/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, Argus said:

Yeaaaah, that's crap. Sorry. I know the mantra on that but it's long been demonstrated as nonsense. The North actually had to carry the inefficient South with their slave labour. As for the nonsense about stolen land - every country and nation on Earth consists of the descendants of people who killed those who were there before them. Nobody cares about this. Nobody feels guilty about this. Except us. Really, just the four former colonies of the UK. Everyone else takes it for granted. You think the Muslims of Turkey cry over the fact they invaded, murdered and drove off all the Byzantine Christians who lived on that land for thousands of years?

Except the actual numbers don't show the North carrying the Antebellum (I assume you're talking about) South. Until long after the Civil War, cotton production was what oil is today....or has been up till three months ago! The large plantation owners were the richest men in America, and states like Mississippi, which had long been first or second among wealthiest states in the republic, went to last place after the War and never really recovered...even today.  

Read: The Half Has Never Been Told: Slavery and the Making of American Capitalism by Edward Baptist, who does a full economic analysis of how slavery developed American capitalism...and shows why, even to this day, the exploitation of prison labor after Jim Crow was legally ended, the economic rulers tried many adaptations to maintain slavery-by-another-name.

When were the Byzantine Christians driven out?  Not until after these regime change wars got started in Iraq and Syria. Not counting all of the Palestinian Christians who lived there for centuries, but have an easier time in recent decades emigrating and escaping Israeli oppression than Muslim Palestinians do. 

On 4/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, Shady said:

Complete nonsense.  The northern states were the most prosperous and weren't built with slave labour.  Regardless, land was either purchased or conquered.  That's how things were done back then.  You lose a war, you lose land.

As already mentioned, the numbers are still easily found, and NO the northern states profited from slave-produced resources like cotton from the south...as did England also, as Baptist's book mentions; which is likely a major reason why England tacitly supported the Confederacy during the War, and tried to starve Lincoln's Union of funds....leading to the creation of the first fiat currency the "Greenback." 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Right To Left said:

Right! That was all a long, long time ago.....EXCEPT WHEN WE WANT TO CELEBRATE OUR NATIONAL HERITAGE, FLY THE FLAG, SHOOT OFF FIREWORKS ON NATIONAL HOLIDAYS, SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM AND TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT WE ARE!  Then, all of a sudden, when it comes to mythologized history, it's still with us. Which it is of course, because the authorities who rule over us and remake history to their liking, won't allow any real historical reckoning...because that would jeopardize present day claims to having a right to exploit the rest of the world by way of the World Bank, IMF and the military alliances that enforce the global rules. There is no disconnecting modern day Euro-American Imperialism from its European origins and white identity today, regardless of how liberal and colour-blind it pretends to be today! 

Sure a few Africans and Asians get rich enough to be welcomed into the club (as long as they follow the club rules), just as a few 'visible minorities' who get rich enough or serve the Empire sufficiently are rewarded (Obama sure comes to mind), but there is still no hiding  who started this so called 'enlightened' system today and who's interests it primarily serves and if it doesn't end, will continue to serve far off into the future. 

When it comes to racism, you need to define it down to what kind of racism you're talking about here! Cause most people who belong to groups targeted because of their race, ethnicity, religion etc., are less concerned with social acceptance by white majorities than whether they face economic discrimination or are at risk of attack by white rightwing mobs who proto-fascist leaders incite to divert attention from the real enemies who use them as a means to control or threaten societies to stay quiet and not fight for their rights. 

And there may be some instances where immigrants or other minorities - blacks, natives etc. can be turned against each other. But that's the exception, rather than the rule. Which you might notice if you look at any group demonstrating against immigrants or immigration...you never see the descendants of the first North Americans among them! Just the descendants of the interlopers who crossed the Atlantic and claimed everything for themselves.

It's the likes of globalists like Gates, Zuckerborg, Bloomborg and so many other billionaires and families from that deep state tribe cabal who are the ones that do run this world, and do enjoy making all of our lives miserable  as hell. They thrive on division and racism where they can just people hating one another and then slide right up the middle and win. If it were not for that scum the world would be a lot better place to live in where poverty, hunger and wars would not prevail. Racism will never be defeated until one starts to see as to who is behind it all. Sadly, there are not that many smart enough people around in the world. So this shit will be going on for decades to come.

Rumor has it that the end game is a new world order and a one world communist government with China leading the way. I believe that it said somewhere in the bible where it says to be beware of the yellow race. Indeed today, we better heed that little warning from the bible about the yellow race because it would appear as though the yellow race are slowly taking over the world. They are buying up everything and starting to control everything.  :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tdot said:

I cannot agree because I don't see where there's a viable, tangible difference. 

For example, I have great negro friends who took me to Scarborough or Jane & Finch in Toronto and in Montreal yes several times and some who took me to Crenshaw Blvd in L.A. and some who took me to CHIraq (southside Chicago) and Detroit. For years. Yes, where I talk to subjugated people to understand the problem.

White privilege yields the same result, always, no matter where your region of democracy exists on Earth. The fancy names of doctrines and laws, never fools me, because when I look in the 'trenches' I still see the same picture for all negros living in any White-controlled society.

Well goody-goody for you. I use to have a black friend when I lived back east, and he never showed me anything but how to become a lazy and talk stupid type of person. He enjoyed drinking, smoking pot, and cheating on his wife. I am pretty sure that not all blacks are like him, but there a hell of lot just like him around. 

Look at what the blacks are doing in cities like Chicago for instance where in the last several decades tens of thousands of blacks have been killing each other.  Not very good examples for we white folk, now is it? Most of them are lazy and just want to live the easy life, and join  some gang, and go out and sell drugs and fight and kill over turf. And this will never change or end until they start to get off their lazy asses and start to join the human race.  We cannot feel sorry for people who always want to dwell on the past and what old whitey did to their ancestors over centuries ago. Get over it, you bunch of dummies and get out and work and do something good for your people. Whining and crying is not going to get blacks anywhere. All they will get is just more scorn from whit and other races of people also.

New immigrants from many non-white countries around the world have come to America and pretty much all of them have done very well. So what the hell is with black people today who were born here and are still killing each other in the streets of Chicago? Let's just call it as we can all see it.  Works for me. ;)

41 minutes ago, Marocc said:

You think (those) Muslims hate non-Muslims, Jews and gays because they believe their religion is the best and only true religion [you mean as opposed to how Buddhists feel?], and because they believe their holy book tells them to hate others and even to kill them?

Has someone told you, 'I hate Jews/Non-Muslims/gays - the book tells me to'? Where do you get the information?

Your first point makes no sense because most followers of a religion believe the same thing. The second makes no sense because you're not only saying some hate and kill such and such people because they're told to — you're saying they think they have been told to hate and kill.

Marocc can you show me where modern-day [or past] Buddhist governments commute the death penalty on people for blaspheming against Buddha? Where they kill gays or sentence them to life in prison? [google pakistan]

Can you cite some recent examples of terrorist attacks by Buddhists? [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_March_2016 pick any month, there are always 100 or more by muslims in any one month]

Can you name any large countries that were formed by a Buddhist terrorist organization in the last 5 years which burned people alive, drowned them, beheaded journalists and committed genocide? 

You have over 100M skeletons in your closet and you're talking about what's in Martha Stewart's crawl space Marocc. It's insane.

If you want to start a thread about someone else's bigotry, sorry but a dose of reality is in order. How do you account for the massive amount of government-sanctioned bigotry in almost every muslim country on earth?

Racism in Canada is like "Someone said bad words to me when I was in grade 7". Bigotry in almost every muslim country that you can name is like "That bitch deserved to be gang-raped because she wasn't wearing a hijab. The police will laugh at her." Am I wrong? I can cite where women just went to jail in Iran for taking off their own hijabs. Are you kidding me, talking about racism in Canada? 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 10:02 PM, WestCanMan said:

Slavery existed in the US for about 100 years. It was normal all over the world, as far back in history as we know. It has been abolished in the US for 150 years. The US wasn't forced to abolish slavery by anyone. They did it of their own accord.

The Persians were slavers for a couple thousand years. The muslims in that area were slavers for another 1400 years. There's probably 5,000 consecutive years of slavery being normal in Iran. 

Perspective. So weird. 

It was way more than 100 years! Slavery existed as soon as English and Spanish colonists started up and brought African slaves with them. 

As for Persians or whatever else, the great innovation in America...and the one that nobody thought of before....which shocked the Brits and led to demands of ending slavery within their Empire, was the US brought the great innovation of breeding slaves like cattle and other livestock. In other cultures throughout history which engaged in slavery, slaves were viewed as inferior groups owing their masters free labor. BUT, neither the Persians nor anyone else thought up selective slave breeding! 

On 4/23/2020 at 8:38 PM, Army Guy said:

You could add every nation on the planet in that statement, and while the US was not a shinny example, there are countries with a lot worse records, in fact you can still find slavery in most countries today....As for the stealing of land or territory , most if not all  nation were built on these principles. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_21st_century  

https://www.antislavery.org/slavery-today/modern-slavery/

I could add that slavery likely would not have existed at all except for economic incentives provided when the first empires were being built, and in modern times the dynamics of capitalist economic systems makes slavery an extremely lucrative economic value.....but you won't find do-gooder well-funded propagandist organizations like HRW ever mention that!

The slave trade in Libya didn't exist until the US and the Eurozone decided it was time to overthrow Gadaffi and created anarchy...likely cause the members of the ruling class club are still arguing among themselves whether the US or France gets to rule over Libya and claim the oil. 

Elsewhere in Africa, the nonsense generated by dogooder groups blaming the carnage that's continued on in the Congo for most of the past 60 years on undefined rebels and civil wars etc. doesn't hide the fact that the Congo's cobalt, col-tan, manganese and other exotic minerals and metals demanded by high tech industries, find their way out of the Congo and to western markets, making televisions, computers, cell phones, electric motors etc. at low prices that allow huge markups in profit.

• Like 1