Racism in Canada

16 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Is this the thread about racism in Canada ?

No, it is just another thread dominated by Trump.

The topic could be about apples and oranges, and the hate Trump crowd here will still try and bring Trump into the picture somehow. If apples and oranges have a bad crop year, well with those people Trump must of had something to do with it. The lying Canadian and American MSM have done such a great job of planting so much hatred towards Trump into their pea brains that every thing happening today in the world is all Trump's fault. They cannot help it. It's just an automated reaction with those Trump haters. Those people have Trump-Trump-Trump 24/7 always on their minds. I always see on my wife's Facebook page where people are always talking about Trump. One guy I know well just cannot wait to put out and say something bad about Trump on Facebook. Him being a liberal along with his liberal wife both hate Trump's guts. Trump can do no right with those two liberal idiots. 

Now where were we on the topic of racism in Canada? :D

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Donald Trump has nothing to do with the long history of racism in Canada. 

When talking about racism in Canada comparative levels of racism in other countries is relevant. That your hero was born into a KKK family could also be seen to be relevant.

1 hour ago, Marocc said:

Actually they're not.

Evidently logic is not among your your preferred toolset. Which I could have gathered already from earlier posts.

You cannot realistically speak with approval or dissaproval of the characteristics of a society without a scale to give meaning to the facets of that society you approve or disapprove of. Saying a society has racism is a pointless exercise. How much racism? How much is normal? How much do other countries have? What efforts are being made to eradicate it? How strong are those efforts in comparison to other societies? Without a comparative scale you don't know if the amount is below or above the norm among humans and thus can make no moral judgement on that society. We can say, well, there is racism in Canada, although there are many laws against it and it is not approved of by society. Then we can well, racism thrives in Muslim countries, and there are no laws against it, and no societal disapproval. So at least we can say that whatever level there is in Canada it's far better than in the Islamic world.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Then talk about racism in Canada....less about Trump.   But you can't do it.

If no one brings him up and speaks approvingly of him I can certainly do that, and have often enough. Bet you can't talk about anything whatsoever without sneering at Canada.

20 minutes ago, Argus said:

Without a comparative scale you don't know if the amount is below or above the norm among humans and thus can make no moral judgement on that society.

Why, do you want to make a "moral judgment" on the society? To be honest, I don't think you're in a position to do that.

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Right. That one time that the military stopped a gang rape proves everything right? If 1% of gang rapes are stopped, people will get the message. 

Because of that, women can now walk around Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Yemen, Iraq, Syria and Qatar without burkas and they won’t be threatened, assaulted or gang raped anymore. Hallelujah. 

FYI lying in defence of your own style of oppression and actually talking about oppression are two different things. 

Marocc, where'd you go? 

What happened to our comparison between what passes for racism/bigotry in the ME, due to your religion, and what passes for racism in Canada.

In the ME, for a muslim to just make off-colour remarks about someone else's race/religion is nothing at all. Even violence goes unpunished. In Canada bad words can lose you your job, violence will get you jail time. 

/discussion.

12 hours ago, Argus said:

...born into a KKK family could also be seen to be relevant.

Oh, is that why he does so, so much for Jews and Israel? To please his KKK lineage? ROFL. I can see that you really, really hate posting the truth here on this website eh?

Edited by Tdot

17 hours ago, dialamah said:

They do so because they hate/fear differences, believe Muslims are superior and as far as they're concerned, Allah agrees with them and supports their actions.  They can find scripture in the book that they use to 'prove' it. 

Do you have evidence for that?

5 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Marocc, where'd you go?

I found nothing worth answering to on your previous comment.

due to your religion,

There can be no racism due to Islam.

What happened to our comparison between what passes for racism/bigotry in the ME

I haven't notice us making a comparison. It is not the topic, but if you'd like to bring it up, you might at least say something useful about it, such as statistics.

off-colour remarks

I don't know what those are. Were you the victim of these "off-colour remarks"?

Even violence goes unpunished.

There is absolute justice from God. All violence is not punished in any country according to any law.

violence will get you jail time. 

What a waste of resources.

Just now, Marocc said:

Do you have evidence for that?

Perhaps you could just take a look around the world, eh?  But since you're being so obtuse, here you go:

https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/a-call-to-the-muslims-of-the-world/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/the-imam-who-twisted-his-faith-to-preach-race-hatred-murder-and-violence-120337.html

Just a couple of examples of how some Muslims use their scripture to support attacks on those they deem different and inferior.

4 minutes ago, Marocc said:

Of course Muslims aren't "supposed" to be racist, just like Christians aren't "supposed" to be racist.    They are, however; do you suppose the Muslims attacking Coptic churches in Egypt think they are 'racist'?  Of course not; they're doing it because "Egypt is an Islamic nation, and these Christians don't belong".   The behavior and thought process of these Muslims is no different than any Canadian Islamophobe saying "Canada is a Christian country and Muslims don't belong".  They're not being racist (or Islamophobic) in their minds, they're just saving their country from people who look/act/dress/believe differently.

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Of course Muslims aren't "supposed" to be racist,

Indeed, but what I said was, there can be no racism due to Islam and what I mean is that there is no place for Racism in Islam (not 'among Muslims', but Islam; the religion, its teachings, the Islamic law etc.).

Of course not; they're doing it because "Egypt is an Islamic nation, and these Christians don't belong"

Doesn't sound likely.

They're not being racist (or Islamophobic) in their minds, they're just saving their country from people who look/act/dress/believe differently.

You use the two pretty much interchangeably. I'm not sure you should. That's all black and white for you then? As if Egypt didn't have a long history Did it just pop up one day and both the Christians and the Muslims were there and then they started fighting for no reason, but 'being different'?

If that's what Muslims just 'are', why is there no problem in Dubai, for example? Why are the Muslims there apparently much 'more tolerant' than the Muslims in Egypt?

what about India. Do the present political leaders fear different people so much, they would destroy their whole nation for it. They would give almost anything just so they can go on oppressing the Muslims. You think it's because they just think they're so good? It doesn't have anything to do with Pakistan or politics, anything?

18 minutes ago, Marocc said:

That's all black and white for you then?

It's only black and white in the sense that people are people the world over, and throughout history.   Some people believe they/their group is superior, and are fearful of "others" who look/believe differently.  They take action (which can be anything from speaking out to murder or incarceration).  They justify their actions in various ways,  whether that's claiming their God demands it or for protection of their group, tribe or country.  

26 minutes ago, Marocc said:

there can be no racism due to Islam and what I mean is that there is no place for Racism in Islam (not 'among Muslims', but Islam; the religion, its teachings, the Islamic law etc.).

You saying that "there can be no racism due to Islam" is irrelevant when it comes to those Muslims who believe that Islam requires Jihad, the conversion of everyone to Islam or death, who use specific Koranic verses to engage in or counsel others to engage in violence against others in order to gain Allah's approval.  

Both Islam and Christianity can be, and have been, used to support all kinds of racism, oppression and murder.  You can condemn people who do so, and you should, but you can't say it's not part of Islam, just as Christians can't claim that their violent believers aren't Christian.

5 hours ago, Marocc said:

I found nothing worth answering to on your previous comment.

I haven't notice us making a comparison. It is not the topic, but if you'd like to bring it up, you might at least say something useful about it, such as statistics.

I don't know what those are. Were you the victim of these "off-colour remarks"?

There is absolute justice from God. All violence is not punished in any country according to any law.

What a waste of resources.

You're a drooling supporter of religious tyranny in the ME and you're calling out racism in Canada. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marocc said:

As you like.

That doesn't make the situation in Canada any better.

It makes it awesome.

Canada isn't effectively judged by a comparison to eutopia. It's effectively judged by a comparison to other countries.

Canada is awesome. You are a drooling supporter of religious tyranny. Your opinion on the matter is worthless.

8 hours ago, Tdot said:

...this...

from the same brain which claims that speaking truth/facts about actual, events, makes a person anti-Semitic.

Talking about international Jewish conspiracies to rule the world and how Israel controls everything isn't speaking truth or facts. It's speaking lunatic gibberish.

Edited by Argus

52 minutes ago, Argus said:

Talking about international Jewish conspiracies to rule the world and how Israel controls everything isn't speaking truth or facts. It's speaking lunatic gibberish.

I agree. Which makes you a deceitful dishonest, lunatic, since I never ever said Israel controls everything. You liar.

lol

For example, BRICs nations would love to see Israel disappear off of the map.  Which means Israel does not control those regions.

11 minutes ago, Tdot said:

I agree. Which makes you a deceitful dishonest, lunatic, since I never ever said Israel controls everything. You liar.

lol

For example, BRICs nations would love to see Israel disappear off of the map.  Which means Israel does not control those regions.

Well, gee, that's mighty white of you to admit that.

21 minutes ago, Argus said:

Well, gee, that's mighty white of you to admit that.

well, gee, it is mighty lunatic of you to keep replying to my posts with more of your bizarre, whimsical lies.  It's sad you are perplexed and boxed in/unable to find your footing in fun facts.

Edited by Tdot