Racism in Canada

5 minutes ago, Tdot said:

No, Large detail.

Why? 

99% of freed negros who bought slaves, did so to purchase their family members/keep their family together since White plantation owners had to respect for the idea of keeping slave-families together.  I have a feeling that is not the case with White Slave owners.

Nope...far more black free men had an economic interest in slavery same as the whites.

Just another distraction from racism in Canada.    Why ?

...because that's what Canada does whenever this topic comes up.

https://www.theroot.com/did-black-people-own-slaves-1790895436

Edited by bush_cheney2004

7 minutes ago, Tdot said:

Are you bragging about your support of a pro-Racist situation, within Trudeau's act?

It's like people in collage never do anything stupid that will eventually catch up with them. Never happens. I can let it slide. We don't really need to go back that far to understand what kind of person Tudeau is!

28 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

They would....my ancestors were slaves, and "negros" owned slaves too.    Small detail....

Negro slaves would not agree with you, I would say. And I find it very unlikely that your White ancestors were slaves. Indentured servants yes, but not slaves. 

Black people were loathed, so I doubt that the society put your White ancestors on that same level.

Just now, Tdot said:

Negro slaves would not agree with you, I would say. And I find it very unlikely that your White ancestors were slaves. Indentured servants yes, but not slaves. 

Black people were loathed, so I doubt that the society put your White ancestors on that same level.

Nonsense....my ass has been black longer than you have been alive and pretending to know so much about American "negros".

This topic is about racism in Canada, remember ?

20 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nope...far more black free men had an economic interest in slavery same as the whites.

Just another distraction from racism in Canada.    Why ?

...because that's what Canada does whenever this topic comes up.

https://www.theroot.com/did-black-people-own-slaves-1790895436

That link proved me right.  Thanks for posting it.

25 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nonsense....my ass has been black longer than you have been alive and pretending to know so much about American "negros".

This topic is about racism in Canada, remember ?

Thanks for the compliment ---since I never at no time EVER claimed to "know so much about about American "negros" " when I comment on them as an amateur historian. Therefore it stands to reason that your bizarre claim originated from a covetous/envious mindset here toward me, and is something you made up.

It is pretty pathetic how a handful of you keep turning every discussion into a focus on, me, instead of focusing on the issues.

Edited by Tdot

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Wallowing in guilt is not progression, though progressives do seem to enjoy it rather much.

Examining the conduct of your ancestors and then denouncing them for not acting as per the morals of the present, and then tearing down their statues is a moronic exercise in virtue signalling.

Examining the conduct of one’s ancestors is an entirely appropriate exercise as long as one puts their behaviour in the context of the time. Wallowing is optional. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Yes. My point is there are no descendants of the Byzantines because the Muslims exterminated them. Thus you won't find any 'natives' protesting and blocking railways in Turkey or demanding recognition as the original owners of the land.

A dark day for the West but some Greeks did survive in Constantinople after its fall. They even had a patriarch. Elsewhere, conversion rather than extermination seems to have been the order of the day; most Turks are not of Central Asian descent. Greeks are quick to point out the cities they founded in Asia Minor. 

11 hours ago, Marocc said:

That's a good idea.

"How are we not choking on these numbers? For a country so self-satisfied with its image of progressive tolerance, how is this not a national crisis? Why are governments not falling on this issue?"

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/out-of-sight-out-of-mind-2/

CHARTS_MAC04-Gilmore.jpeg

"If we want to fix this, the first step is to admit something is wrong. Start by saying it to yourself, but say it out loud: “Canada has a race problem.”"

This article unfortunately didn't appear to give reasons for racism, but reasons for why Canada ignores racism.

The real failure between the Canadian government and the natives is that we give them too much. They pay no tax if they live on the reserves, or if they're in the military, and they get free money from the gov't free housing, free tuition, free everything. 

They grow up knowing that they don't have to get a good education in order to survive and as a result they're de-motivated.

Those people survived the frozen arctic and the harsh prairie winters without gas and electricity for ten thousand years before we got here. If that couldn't kill them what can? Gov't handouts, apparently. They'd be way better off if they grew up knowing that they had to work hard for everything they got. 

Side note: If those incarceration rates are correct, there are 140 Canadians locked up per 100K, and 733 Americans locked up per 100K. 5x as many. African Americans compared to the avg Canadian - 15x as high. America is jail-crazy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Slavery is one of the biggest trauma in history however if the focus is ONLY on the trauma's atrocities overcoming the actual trauma it will be so much harder. 

A lot of people come in Canada and succeed, a lot of people come and don't succeed and I guess is easier to have something or someone to blame for your failures.

Is human nature. We blame everyone except ourselves.

Edited by Independent1986
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

Agree.  To say that every white person has only succeeded because of their skin colour, is asinine.  All that does is tell some in minority categories that they are "owed" success no matter what they do and if they don't get it, they get to blame it on racism.

Is there racism?  Ya.

Do some minorities get shut out because of their skin colour?  Of course.

Should I feel bad because I have a good job, which I worked hard for - pulled myself out of a poverty-stricken, stuck in a religious cult childhood, got an education and hustled and moved to where jobs were and created my own job - Sorry but I don't.  I earned my place.  Skin colour may not have been what held me back, but other things were, and they were just as hard to overcome.  Everybody has things to overcome in life.

This country was founded and built up by white people. The majority of the people in this country are white, for now. Why would there not be more white people working and have good jobs? When I started working many many decades ago, everybody that I worked with was pretty much all white, with a few scattered non-whites thrown in. White people are not privileged. They just happen to have been the majority of people in Canada for centuries now. What? Are white people supposed to just give up their jobs and hand those job over to a non-white person just to show that white people are not privileged? 

The ones that are now being privileged today are the non-whites in this country who are getting most of the jobs in all three levels of governments. In many cases today, white people are now being pretty much told that they need not apply for a government privileged job. We are seeing more racism by government happening against white people than non-white people. And it will only get worse as white people start losing their majority status and start to become a minority in their own country. Anyone thinks that things will not get worse for white people as they diminish in numbers in Canada is either blind or just plain stupid. But that will all be due to our anti Canadian politicians who have allowed massive non-western immigration and the promotion of multiculturalism into Canada. I see plenty of racism against white people now going on in Canada. :unsure: 

30 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

Slavery is one of the biggest trauma in history however if the focus is ONLY on the trauma's atrocities overcoming the actual trauma it will be so much harder. 

A lot of people come in Canada and succeed, a lot of people come and don't succeed and I guess is easier to have something or someone to blame for your failures.

You didn't address racism/Slavery here, intentionally? You listed only those circumstances that apply to a society where every citizen is given a fair chance/fair shot at reaching success as Race is not used as a reason for the society to exclude citizens from those opportunities. 

Edited by Tdot

17 minutes ago, Tdot said:

You didn't address racism/Slavery here, intentionally? You listed only those circumstances that apply to a society where every citizen is given a fair chance/fair shot at reaching success as Race is not used as a reason for the society to exclude citizens from those opportunities. 

Good evening, name one law in Canada and USA where someone of minority status is not giving a fair chance. 

The problem is what you are doing, people like yourself that call Canada racist or the USA racist, you are creating movements like MAGA or other far right movements that are growing in numbers. Why ? Because people react, it goes both ways too, when racism is up, more far left groups like Antifa are growing in numbers. 

To say Canada is racist means you have not travelled. One of my friends is Algerian, he says when he walks the streets of Vancouver he smells freedom and people smile. When he was in France it was hard for him to go into a store to buy food without getting the looks, and he is an educated man. 

27 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

Good evening, name one law in Canada and USA where someone of minority status is not giving a fair chance.

The problem is what you are doing, people like yourself that call Canada racist or the USA racist, you are creating movements like MAGA or other far right movements that are growing in numbers. Why ? Because people react, it goes both ways too, when racism is up, more far left groups like Antifa are growing in numbers. 

To say Canada is racist means you have not travelled. One of my friends is Algerian, he says when he walks the streets of Vancouver he smells freedom and people smile. When he was in France it was hard for him to go into a store to buy food without getting the looks, and he is educated man. 

Good evening, there is no law which says citizens don't get a fair chance, because that is not how Racism works in 2020. It works as a colossal force, unwritten, with a great reputation for getting Whites to 'play pretend' about that force's veracity. Which is why MAGA is so, lovely, when you look at Donald Trump love he shows to darkskin negros.

And I lived in Toronto Vancouver plus I hung out in Montreal once for about 9 weeks, so I have travelled and I have seen therefore I cannot play pretend about what I've witnessed.

Edited by Tdot

29 minutes ago, Tdot said:

Maybe it is time to put a moratorium on all immigration from all countries. No more legal or illegal so called refugees allowed to enter Canada illegally. If they are caught then they must be sent back from whence they came. Besides, we have enough people here in Canada to keep the country going and growing for decades.  There are just too many new immigrants and illegals in Canada who are not working at all. Why in hell does comrade Trudeau want to bring in another three million new immigrants into Canada in the next three years is f'n madness. And of course, the majority of them will be coming from refugee camps and non-western countries. Our dear comrade leaders have all gone insane. :unsure:

Edited by taxme
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tdot said:

Good evening, there is no law which says citizens don't get a fair chance, because that is not how Racism works in 2020. It works as a colossal force, unwritten, with a great reputation for getting Whites to 'play pretend' about that force's veracity. Which is why MAGA is so, lovely, when you look at Donald Trump love he shows to darkskin negros.

And I lived in Toronto Vancouver plus I hung out in Montreal once for about 9 weeks, so I have travelled and I have seen therefore I cannot play pretend about what I've witnessed.

Toronto Vancouver plus I hung out in Montreal once for about 9 weeks = All in Canada.

In order to see where you are you need a reference point. How can you see how good you have it when you have not been outside to see how the world is ?.

Go to Russia and talk to them about racism, or to China what they are doing with the Muslim Community, India, Africa (slavery still exists) and then when you come back to Canada I will guarantee you will kiss the ground.

Please consider watching this new documentary on youtube search PBS Frontline Undercover China it will give you a glimpse to what is outside Canada.

3 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

Agreed.  Sometimes society needs changing.  But it's also far easier to change our own actions to achieve better life results than to change society and government policy.  People, including us on here, waste a lot of time yammering on for society to change when we could focus that effort on improving our own lives.

For instance, Jim Crow laws should obviously have been abolished.  But now people are asking for reparations for slavery in the US.  Which is fine.  But I would think instead of african-americans waiting endlessly for white people and the government  to "save them", it would be much easier for poor black people to raise their lot by forcing their kids to study hard, stay in school, and teach them to not have kids out of wedlock.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

10 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The explicit stuff was minor - name-calling between teenagers. We had a chat and sorted it out ourselves. 

Thanks. I was curious. It's on my street too but between adults. It's not major either and has worked itself out as well. But some other areas around me it went as far as vandalizing property. That's not good :(

All humans are a little bit tribal; that's how we got here. Same way we are little envious, disloyal, dishonest, lustful etc. (speaking for myself anyway). Those selfish genes are calling the shots. Let's face it - our collective hom sap history is a nasty litany of genocide and whatever killing off other hominids is called if we want to go further back. Canadians are moving in the right direction. Let's give ourselves some credit. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

17 minutes ago, Teena said:

Thanks. I was curious. It's on my street too but between adults. It's not major either and has worked itself out as well. But some other areas around me it went as far as vandalizing property. That's not good :(

No, that sounds much worse. Alarming, actually. 

My in-laws are resilient. They wanted to sort it out discreetly and they did. Now it's in the past. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

3 hours ago, Independent1986 said:

Go to Russia and talk to them about racism, or to China what they are doing with the Muslim Community, India, Africa (slavery still exists) .

No, there's no need to do that IMHO because those places are not, democracies, whereas North America is. Those places don't promise equality/freedom to negros, at the same time they rape them for those things. But North America certainly does.

So I think it's best to compare North America to what North America has promised.

Edited by Tdot

24 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

No, that sounds much worse. Alarming, actually. 

My in-laws are resilient. They wanted to sort it out discreetly and they did. Now it's in the past. 

It is alarming. Vandalism can turn into violence. Now with this Covid-19 I don't hear much of anything else on the local news anymore so hopefully it's worked itself out as well and someone was charged!

Edited by Teena
Word change