Hello, Mr. Trudeau! Welcome to the wonderful world of ... Gun-Control Legislation!!

Just now, Army Guy said:

So what was Justins motive to hide this power grab in other bills, why not just come out and tell everyone he needed it for our good. And what would this crises look like now if the conservatives had not caught them and they had unlimited power....with no one with any over sight, shit even with over sight they managed to screw up Lavalin scandal and the endless lies that went with that...Justin liberals can not be trusted, over sight is very much needed....  Justin is the man at the switch and deserves criticism where needed. 

Well we don’t have martial law or as many restrictions as in many places.  There’s no great single answer.  I don’t like seeing these things get political, but on the most part we’ve done okay.  

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

All closed down by March 15th....time for all those snowbirds to go home anyway.

Well they collected their payments.  People were still on beaches past March 15.  We remember it well.  I don’t endorse it, but I’m not going to jump on the media bandwagon of shaming these people.  I don’t like petty snitches.  Lots of that about these days.  Same spirit as cancel culture.  

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well what’s the solution there?   I’m sure the American South is glad we didn’t close sooner.  All those Disney and resort bookings.  How much airline business happens over March Break?  What about people who had left weeks before closures were even under consideration?   I stayed home for the Ontario break, but I do know of some people who had planned once in a lifetime trips and early on we still didn’t see the writing on the wall.  I can’t judge them.  What if you were visiting an aging relative overseas?  If you canceled that trip you may never see them again.  This is a no win.  We lose by being too strict or too open.  It will be a hard middle ground we try to walk with reopening, but there’s no choice.  

Perhaps I spent to many years in the military, When the PM tells you if your on vacation now you should come back, and if you have not left cancel....And if we had a choice to obey or not there is going to be consequences...I mean why would the PM issues those orders a full week before the majority of the country heads out on march break, no where in that message did it say, there was any exceptions ie if you had a trip of a life time, or sick grand parents. No the message was sent because it could save lives, or at the very least complicate them...........it was not because he had extra air miles on his media account and wanted to use them up before they expired right....So these people had been warned in advanced, and "during" their vacations to come back...once again they gave Justin the finger....Don't get me wrong Justin went above and beyond to get these "thank less" Canadians back, offer them non scheduled flights, loans to cover costs, and much more. Not every thing Justin did was wrong, but he could have done a lot more sooner...instead of suggesting, he could have expanded his warning, you leave now you may not be able to get back, leave at your own peril, and cost...

On 4/23/2020 at 5:25 PM, Army Guy said:

This is nothing more than another liberal attempt at deflection of their excellent  handling of the pandemic, and the dumping of hundreds of billions of tax payers dollars. In this case it will be tied into this recent shooting which it already has.....where the shooter had illegal firearms a hunting rifle, hand gun and shot gun, plus a RCMP hand gun, no mention of those nasty assault rifles, but they will some how be worked into the narrative somehow... ... it has nothing to do with overall safety of our citizens, but rather a feel good liberal exercise in further complicating the ownership of weapons. 

If a liberal touches it, burn it. :D

Trudeau says that we do not need those stinking American farmers for our food. We have grocery stores here in Canada. Lol. 

On 4/23/2020 at 10:31 PM, Zeitgeist said:

We should've kept the gun registry.  That data was valuable.  There's no reason for civilians to own any weapons other than single-action hunting rifles.  We can grandfather existing licenses for other types of firearms and incentivize turning those arms in.  Why do we need them?  We don't.  If you need to fire the big guns at the range, perhaps there can be provision of that in a controlled setting where the firearms are kept under lock and key rather than at home.  Countries like Japan simply don't have issues like widespread gun violence because they don't have thousands of firearms in circulation.  The challenge is always arms coming across the border and through the reserves, so crack down on that.  Penalize illegal gun ownership like nobody's business. 

There is no real need for a gun registry at all in Canada. How is a gun registry going to stop some people from killing other people with a gun? Are you daft, man. Criminals do not register their guns. And there are millions of gun owners in Canada. There is nothing anyone can do if one or two gun owners go berserk and start shooting people. We still have people who drink and drive, so should we take away everybody's vehicle so it cannot happen again? 

This gun registry has cost the Canadian hundreds of billions of their tax dollars with more tax dollars to be blown on some stupid gun registry and have created another huge government bureaucracy that will not stop anyone from wanting to go out and kill someone with a gun. I did not need to have a gun licence or have anyone teach me as to how to hold and shoot my rifle in the good old days. I just held it to my shoulder, aimed it at some object, and fired. There, my training is now done, and it did not cost me a cent. 

The problem with most Canadians when it comes to most things is that they have become to emotional and a bunch of non-thinkers who thinks that government will solve all their problems by just letting government run and rule over every thing they do in their lives. But what I have seen government do so far by being involved in my every day life, is to have pretty much ruined my life. 

PS: I can't even get a haircut anymore these days thanks to those silly ass politicians who have shut down every barber shop in Canada. I am starting to look like a hippie!! If politicians had any intelligence, all they had to do is get the barber to wear a mask, and get their customers to wear one also. Aren't masks supposed to help stop the spreading of this virus? Well at least that was what I have been told, eh? The government is the problem, and never the solution. They like to over react on everything. Just my opinion, of course. 

52 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well they collected their payments.  People were still on beaches past March 15.  We remember it well.  I don’t endorse it, but I’m not going to jump on the media bandwagon of shaming these people.  I don’t like petty snitches.  Lots of that about these days.  Same spirit as cancel culture.  

I can only hope that more people will invade the beaches with their children this coming summer. What is being done to our children is a shame and a crime and the politicians are doing far more harm to our children than what some seasonal flu bug could ever do to them. How in the hell can being at a beach which can be hundred of miles long going to help make things worse for anyone on the beach? 

That is what is all scary these days with this plandemic? Canada has now created a bunch of snitches who are ready and willing to snitch on their next door neighbor. Boy, when this is all over, I can see some snitch of a neighbor getting their windows broken after this one night. Well deserved to. These snitches would do very well living in a communist country where there are snitches everywhere. Those bunch of snitches are no doubt the same ones who want total government control over people owning guns or who even want to go as far as to take all the guns away from people who own guns. No more guns is what they really want. The bigger the government gets to make more useless gun legislation the better those snitches will like it. 

Too many people have probably never held a gun in their life, and maybe this is why so many people have this total fear of guns, and why they want more government legislation and more gun control which we all should know by now that gun laws will not stop anyone from wanting to kill other people with a gun. As they say; it's people that kill other people with guns.Those people give guns and gun owners a bad name. More legislation just means more bureaucracy to have to deal with plus more tax dollars to be blown away for nothing. Just saying. 

You make some valid points, Taxme, and you make me chuckle, which is a good thing.  I agree that government shouldn’t try to control everything and sometimes adds to the problem.  With guns, I wish it could be as you remember it in simpler times.  I don’t support revoking people’s permits.  Let’s just be more careful about what we permit.  You don’t want a lot of guns circulating in this crazy world, especially now.  

It is attitude that is the risk factor with guns. In Switzerland, years ago, I was having breakfast in the hotel restuarant when a group of soldiers came in, all fully armed. My understanding is that most Swiss males posess firearms as part of there military obligation. They have a low murder rate. The US has a high murder rate. Canadians own a lot of firearms, yet murder by firearm isn't that high. I believe it comes down to a cultural attitude. I have no idea what the solution is. If someone wants a gun, they can find one. The key question is why do they want one.

15 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

It is attitude that is the risk factor with guns. In Switzerland, years ago, I was having breakfast in the hotel restuarant when a group of soldiers came in, all fully armed. My understanding is that most Swiss males posess firearms as part of there military obligation. They have a low murder rate. The US has a high murder rate. Canadians own a lot of firearms, yet murder by firearm isn't that high. I believe it comes down to a cultural attitude. I have no idea what the solution is. If someone wants a gun, they can find one. The key question is why do they want one.

Poverty has a lot to do with it, too. There's little of that in Switzerland. And to a degree, income inequality. Ie, lots and lots of poor people in a country doesn't cause as much violence as lots and lots of poor people and lots and lots of middle class and rich people. The US has lots of inner city slums. Thus more violence. Canada had nothing that really compared until we started to import third world people without skills or education. They established slums in our larger cities, and all our street gangs spring from that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, taxme said:

That is what is all scary these days with this plandemic? Canada has now created a bunch of snitches who are ready and willing to snitch on their next door neighbor. Boy, when this is all over, I can see some snitch of a neighbor getting their windows broken after this one night. Well deserved to. These snitches would do very well living in a communist country where there are snitches everywhere. Those bunch of snitches are no doubt the same ones who want total government control over people owning guns or who even want to go as far as to take all the guns away from people who own guns. No more guns is what they really want. The bigger the government gets to make more useless gun legislation the better those snitches will like it. 

I know you think your rights are some how being violated or trampled on. But this is not about one person it is about the collective, Canada as a nation. You seem to think it is your right to disregard all the social distancing regulations, that all of this is just non sense, some conspiracy theory. and for the most part do what every you want, as long as it does not place anyone else in danger.... But what happens if you end up with this virus , do our medical care personal have the right to say your a dick and we are not going to treat you...but if you think about it does your stupidity put them at risk, because you know they don't have a chioce to treat you or not, you also place all those you've had contact with in danger as well ...This quarantine only works when everyone heeds the rules.. you don't have to like it...it's not going to last forever....Your that guy, there is always one or two in every crowd...

On 4/22/2020 at 9:22 AM, Tdot said:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/trudeau-guncontrol-canadashooting/2020/04/21/id/964025/?ns_mail_uid=20127e4a-112c-4eba-b5e4-a0ec4d47ccff&ns_mail_job=DM107084_04222020&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010104suqxl1

... This will get interesting now ... 

Since ol' Justin can accomplish his goal only by way of alienating his GOP-Republican allies in the USA.

I am in favour of any laws that prohibits you from carrying any kind of weapon.

Edited by Rue

22 hours ago, taxme said:

If a liberal touches it, burn it. :D

Trudeau says that we do not need those stinking American farmers for our food. We have grocery stores here in Canada. Lol. 

I am in favour of any law that restricts you from carrying any kind of weapon.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:15 AM, Moonbox said:

The subject is more complicated than that, though I'm not advocating for lax gun control.  

Bottom line is that for some people, having a gun provides a sense of security they'd otherwise not have and it's politically difficult to refuse them that right.  If you live in a bad neighborhood, have been assaulted in the past (or your family has been) or perhaps you live remotely and far from law enforcement, NOT having a gun can leave you feeling helpless. 

I agree with the gun registry, and on strict penalties for illegal gun ownership or concealed weapons.  I have more trouble, however, with the the prospect of preventing a young victim of assault from keeping a firearm in their house and giving them a feeling/measure of control. 

The biggest issue, obviously, is the mental health one.  There should be VERY strict checks and balances on who has access to a firearm, and perhaps even occasional assessments that link back to the gun registry.  Might not be possible, but I'm spitballing...

To me the key is who owns the weapon and why. I can think of some idiots and nutcases who should not own any weapons....nuff said.

Edited by Rue

40 minutes ago, Rue said:

I am in favour of any laws that prohibits you from wrong any kind of weapon.

That's laudable, but remember now, unfortunately Trudeau's objective here can not be about "right vs wrong" but exactly about the kind of weapon.

The avg peaceful law-abiding Canadian should only need a weapon to protect his family/his property from intruders and also for hunting wildlife. Which means what? If a Canadian is stockpiling a mini-ammo dump in his garage where he's got his shrine of automatic weapons? Well, IMHO Trudeau has to promote legislation to identify that type of Canadian. That's not an avg law abiding Canadian looking to live a peaceful life.  

Edited by Tdot

6 minutes ago, Tdot said:

That's laudable, but remember now, unfortunately Trudeau's objective here can not be about "right vs wrong" but exactly about the kind of weapon.

The avg peaceful law-abiding Canadian should need a weapon to protect his family/his home from intruders and for hunting. Which means what? If a Canadian is stockpiling a mini-ammo dump in his garage where he's got his shrine of automatic weapons? Well, IMHO Trudeau has to promote legislation to identify that type of Canadian. That's not an avg law abiding Canadian looking to live a peaceful life.  

I am in favour of any law that prohibits YOU or Taxme  from having any weapons. For other Canadians I will discuss it with Justin when I see him.

Zip zap zam nyet...he can not understand Roger Ramjet.

Edited by Rue

2 hours ago, Rue said:

I am in favour of any law that prohibits YOU or Taxme  from having any weapons. For other Canadians I will discuss it with Justin when I see him.

Zip zap zam nyet...he can not understand Roger Ramjet.

Sounds like my daughter's little feefees are still, hurt, over me abandoning you during your influencable years. Therefore I shall resume your regular, scheduled reply:

Edited by Tdot

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

I know you think your rights are some how being violated or trampled on. But this is not about one person it is about the collective, Canada as a nation. You seem to think it is your right to disregard all the social distancing regulations, that all of this is just non sense, some conspiracy theory. and for the most part do what every you want, as long as it does not place anyone else in danger.... But what happens if you end up with this virus , do our medical care personal have the right to say your a dick and we are not going to treat you...but if you think about it does your stupidity put them at risk, because you know they don't have a chioce to treat you or not, you also place all those you've had contact with in danger as well ...This quarantine only works when everyone heeds the rules.. you don't have to like it...it's not going to last forever....Your that guy, there is always one or two in every crowd...

Well, I do hope that you stay at home and quarantine yourself and do us all a favor. Think about us out there, will you. It's not all about you, you. After all, we would not want you out there spreading the virus around just in case you might have the dreaded virus. I have a right to disregard anything that will effect my right to do as a please. I do not happen to believe that this virus is all that bad. It is just your annual virus flu bug that comes around every year. Besides, millions of Canadians are out there every day and they may all be spreading the virus. So, should they all heed the warning and should they all quarantine themselves and stay home? The economy would crash big time which would be far worse than what this pandemic virus could ever do. Our medical care personal are being paid to take care of me in case of any emergency. They must have known the risks entering the medical profession. Why they are being glorified is beyond me. These medical personal will take care of a pedophiles and murderers without calling them dicks and saying that they will refuse to help them. So why would they want to call me a dick and avoid me? You are one of the many in the crowd who politicians and the media love having around. They can tell people like you anything and they and the media can get you to believe it even though it may be all just one big farce, and they know that people like you will never question what they say or do. Those people are called lemmings.  :D

3 hours ago, Rue said:

I am in favour of any law that restricts you from carrying any kind of weapon.

I am all in favor of a law that would lock up all NDS losers like you . Oh, btw, I do own a rifle and have a licence to own that rifle. So, what are you going to do about it, eh? :P

On 4/26/2020 at 12:14 PM, Army Guy said:

Perhaps I spent to many years in the military, When the PM tells you if your on vacation now you should come back, and if you have not left cancel....And if we had a choice to obey or not there is going to be consequences...I mean why would the PM issues those orders a full week before the majority of the country heads out on march break, no where in that message did it say, there was any exceptions ie if you had a trip of a life time, or sick grand parents. No the message was sent because it could save lives, or at the very least complicate them...........it was not because he had extra air miles on his media account and wanted to use them up before they expired right....So these people had been warned in advanced, and "during" their vacations to come back...once again they gave Justin the finger....Don't get me wrong Justin went above and beyond to get these "thank less" Canadians back, offer them non scheduled flights, loans to cover costs, and much more. Not every thing Justin did was wrong, but he could have done a lot more sooner...instead of suggesting, he could have expanded his warning, you leave now you may not be able to get back, leave at your own peril, and cost...

You are such a good little trained leftist liberal seal. Trudeau loves people like you who will believe everything he or his bought off media says. The boy wonder needs to be given the finger more often. It was his old man that once gave the finger to the people in the west. Your comrade leader is someone who is totally clueless as to how to run a country, but the kid has been just doing great at wrecking and trying to ruin this once great nation. Why would anyone want to listen to that fool is beyond me. But it would appear as though you are one of those who just loves his prime mistake of Canada. :P

PS: I just found out that Geo. Soros backs and owns the lab in Wuhan, China where this virus bug came from. Just thought I would let you know about that big news story.  

Edited by taxme

In the wake of a deadly shooting rampage that killed 23 people in Nova Scotia last weekend, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has pledged to push for strict gun control legislation when the Canadian Parliament returns.

Media forget to mention: "with a gun that was purchased illegally, by a Canadian who was forbidden to own guns due to his violent criminal activity. This was a shining illustration of 1) gun laws working properly, 2) our corrections system failing, and 3) our mental health care system failing. This works the same way that changing the gun laws when a terrorist kills people with a truck does. It makes really stupid people [liberals] happy."