The Coronavirus

31 minutes ago, taxme said:

Most of the China virus victim numbers have been fabricated. Many people are dying from many other diseases out there, but most of those people that are dying are being lumped in with those that are dying from some seasonal flu which is now called the China virus. When a swab test is done on some dead person, and it showed that they had the China virus, which we all carry around in our body, they will then be lumped in with this seasonal flu virus deaths, even though the person may have died from a heart attack. It's all a hoax, folks, and what the globalists want is for everyone to be vaccinated. Up theirs, mate. :D

You must understand that Bill Gates doesn't have enough money so we must all take his vaccine.

• Like 1

Going back to your original comments about this:

On 4/26/2020 at 9:57 AM, WestCanMan said:

Dude, CBC is an epic failure on the important issue of holding our PM accountable, and they showed massive bias in elevating the $90K duffygate scandal into the issue of the century.

Quickly try to think of something that got more coverage than $90K duffygate on CBC..........

I showed you, through the number of news links, that CBC covered SNC by a count of 5:1, in both article links and video links, when compared to their coverage of Mike Duffy.

The Rebel, on the other hand, covered Mike Duffy more than SNC.

11 hours ago, marcus said:

Going back to your original comments about this:

I showed you, through the number of news links, that CBC covered SNC by a count of 5:1, in both article links and video links, when compared to their coverage of Mike Duffy.

The Rebel, on the other hand, covered Mike Duffy more than SNC.

On TV Marcus, I don't care bout online articles. No one reads them. 

7 hours ago, marcus said:

Please don't hide from the truth. 

Number of videos by CBC has the same ratio for coverage. 5:1 SNC over Duffy.

SNC is already over dude. We're barely a year into it and it's not being covered anymore, at all. It was an actual scandal with an actual, serious ethics breach by the PM, and it wasn't even a discussion anymore at the 2019 election.

Duffygate went on for years. I thought that I was totally done watching CBC and CTV news for good, got sucked back into it, and Duffygate was still the main thing.

Every time something big happened I'd turn on the news, you have to wait through Duffygate to see anything else. Trudeau and Mulcair making the exact same stupid comments. But it got them on the news. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

SNC is already over dude. We're barely a year into it and it's not being covered anymore, at all. It was an actual scandal with an actual, serious ethics breach by the PM, and it wasn't even a discussion anymore at the 2019 election.

Duffygate went on for years. I thought that I was totally done watching CBC and CTV news for good, got sucked back into it, and Duffygate was still the main thing.

Every time something big happened I'd turn on the news, you have to wait through Duffygate to see anything else. Trudeau and Mulcair making the exact same stupid comments. But it got them on the news. 

The internet is an archive. So the articles and videos are an accumulation of coverage from CBC. It's not about coverage "now". Overall, the CBC, both in articles and in video coverage, covered SNC 5 times more than Duffy. This is significant and it is the opposite of what you have been thinking.

I just wanted to show you that sometimes, what you think might be the truth, is not the truth. I believe that your mistaken thought that CBC covered Duffy more than SNC is a product of the limitations you have put on yourself in learning about certain stories. You've probably surrounded yourself with people and media outlets that preach to the choir. Your 'hate' for Trudeau has gone to an unhealthy level, where everything Trudeau does is wrong.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, marcus said:

The internet is an archive. So the articles and videos are an accumulation of coverage from CBC. It's not about coverage "now". Overall, the CBC, both in articles and in video coverage, covered SNC 5 times more than Duffy. This is significant and it is the opposite of what you have been thinking.

I just wanted to show you that sometimes, what you think might be the truth, is not the truth. I believe that your mistaken thought that CBC covered Duffy more than SNC is a product of the limitations you have put on yourself in learning about certain stories. You've probably surrounded yourself with people and media outlets that preach to the choir. Your 'hate' for Trudeau has gone to an unhealthy level, where everything Trudeau does is wrong.

Google it Marcus. The Duffygate story came out in 2012. They covered it right through the 2015 election and it magically went away within a couple months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Senate_expenses_scandal

The Canadian Senate expenses scandal was a controversy concerning the unrelated expense claims of several Canadian senators which began in late 2012 and ended in 2016. 

So Marcus, when was the last time that you saw a bit of SNC coverage? Like I said, it just started a year ago. 

Coronavirus.....firearms and ammo sales spike in Canada:

While the government has been taking pains to reassure Canadians that isolation and other measures aimed at curbing the spread of the virus won’t affect supply chains, guns and ammunition are a special case. Dealers need shipment import and export permits. Supplies, primarily from the United States and Europe, can take up to six months to arrive.

The result, said Wes Winkel, head of the Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association, has been an “extreme surge” in domestic sales. Part of it relates to concerns about being able to get permits as government offices close, as well as overall supply fears.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6706985/coronavirus-firearms-and-ammo-sales-spike-across-canada-amid-covid-19-gun-law-fears/

13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Google it Marcus. The Duffygate story came out in 2012. They covered it right through the 2015 election and it magically went away within a couple months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Senate_expenses_scandal

So Marcus, when was the last time that you saw a bit of SNC coverage? Like I said, it just started a year ago. 

You are going off on a tangent. You said Duffy was covered more than SNC. 

The internet archives all of this information. Whether it was video (tv) or articles. The simple truth is that Duffy was covered much less than SNC, by CBC with a ratio of 1:5. 

This is contrary to what you said in your original post about the differences in coverage by CBC. It shows that your perspective that CBC is a mouthpiece forTrudeau and an apologist for Trudeau goes against reality.

11 minutes ago, marcus said:

You are going off on a tangent. You said Duffy was covered more than SNC. 

The internet archives all of this information. Whether it was video (tv) or articles. The simple truth is that Duffy was covered much less than SNC, by CBC with a ratio of 1:5. 

This is contrary to what you said in your original post about the differences in coverage by CBC. It shows that your perspective that CBC is a mouthpiece forTrudeau and an apologist for Trudeau goes against reality.

It was covered more than SNC. It got 3 years worth of high-profile coverage on the nightly news.

SNC had more cover-up than coverage, and it's already over. It should have another 2 years left.

Everything I said was accurate.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It was covered more than SNC. It got 3 years worth of high-profile coverage on the nightly news.

What are you basing your information on? Do you have something to back up your comment?

I do. According to the archives, CBC covered SNC 5 times more than Mike Duffy.

1 minute ago, marcus said:

What are you basing your information on? Do you have something to back up your comment?

I do. According to the archives, CBC covered SNC 5 times more than Mike Duffy.

SNC has other scandals not involving Trudeau. 

Just now, WestCanMan said:

SNC has other scandals not involving Trudeau. 

What percentage?

Of the 5 times more coverage of SNC, would you say that 3 of them were about their relationship with the Liberals? That's still 3 times more coverage of SNC than Duffy..

Again, what are you basing your comments on, when you say Duffy received more coverage on CBC than SNC + Liberals?

image.png.4a29b93df98a4ec9552b33778de3700f.png

I think we're done talking about this. I'm pretty sure I've made my point.

1 minute ago, marcus said:

What percentage?

Of the 5 times more coverage of SNC, would you say that 3 of them were about their relationship with the Liberals? That's still 3 times more coverage of SNC than Duffy..

Again, what are you basing your comments on, when you say Duffy received more coverage on CBC than SNC + Liberals?

image.png.4a29b93df98a4ec9552b33778de3700f.png

I think we're done talking about this. I'm pretty sure I've made my point.

You have made a point. A web search pulls up a lot of hits, all of them occurring within a short span of time. Congrats.

Like I said, CBC kept the Duffygate scandal "relevant", ie top of mind, for 3 full years. $90K.

Like I said, CBC kept the SNC bribery scandal with M Fournier out of the news. I watched their description of SNC's crimes, they all had to do with Libya, and Khadaffi's son. They never mentioned that SNC had also bribed Canadian politicians. You watch more news than the avg bear and you wouldn't know if I didn't tell you. So you know that CBC was doing cover-up, not coverage. 

My point is made as well. 

Pandemics expose  a lot of things...good and bad:

Many COVID-19 products are bilaterally traded between the United States and Canada. In 2018, the U.S. represented 54 per cent of overall Canadian imports of COVID-19 products whereas Canada represented only six per cent of American COVID-19 product imports. Overall, Canada had a trade deficit for these products with the U.S. (though that’s not the case when we consider all manufacturing goods together).

The dependence of Canada on the U.S. is not limited to professional masks. The U.S. accounts for more than 75 per cent of Canadian imports for 32 COVID-19 products. Among those products, some are rarely exported by Canada, which suggests the country couldn’t easily substitute domestic production for foreign supply.

...Conversely, Canada accounts for at least 30 per cent of U.S. imports for only four COVID-19 products (hydrogen peroxide which is often used as an antiseptic, certain types of medicinal products containing antibiotics or vitamins and certain types of soap).

https://theconversation.com/why-canada-needs-the-united-states-to-fight-the-coronavirus-135657

20 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I draw an entirely different message from the same data; in such a crisis, Canada should not depend on any foreign country for vital medical supplies. 

That is what Doug Ford has said, and vowed to ensure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I draw an entirely different message from the same data; in such a crisis, Canada should not depend on any foreign country for vital medical supplies. 

You'll like this speech from the Honeywell factory that just went up in 5 weeks:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/05/watch-live-trump-speaks-at-honeywell-mask-production-facility.html

18 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Most of these items are easy to produce, but we didn’t bother because there was little demand and we didn’t think we’d need them.  Now we know.  

There was always plenty of demand. But the Chinese or Americans or British were set up and producing them and no one here could produce them any cheaper, so didn't bother. I expect that after this there will be a demand for Canadian made PPE enforced by either regulations or tariffs.