The Coronavirus

12 hours ago, Shady said:

Bill Maher with a great prospective on the virus.  Nobody has perspective anymore.  What ever happened to it?  Did progressives cancel that too?

Young people noted here are the ones that are leading the spike in new cases in the US Sunbelt. They want to party. 

Will they die? Perhaps not, but they can certainly spread it to more vulnerable people and getting COVID-19 equals an automatic minimum 2 week vacation (paid or not). That can't be good for productivity. 

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

The shutdown, mask wearing and cautious opening has certainly helped handle COVID-19. 

Yeah, your little sanctimonious comment about virus virtue might be true. There will be some influence by wearing masks, although its hard to identify what amount.

Let's not forget what this has cost us as a society, in terms of not just money. The real fallout has not been revealed. Instead certain authorities parrot this bullshit line. What else can they say- politicians and reporters are not experts in infection control. Doug Ford is an expert in precisely nothing at all.

28 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Big beach party in Toronto this weekend:

20200621-cherry-beach-toronto.jpg-resize

Link

The article makes a rather significant observation:

This is evidence, not opinion.

I've noticed that as well.  The same thing was said about the lake of the Ozarks gathering a few weeks ago.  People freaked out, but not much came of it.  

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yeah, your little sanctimonious comment about virus virtue might be true. There will be some influence by wearing masks, although its hard to identify what amount.

Let's not forget what this has cost us as a society, in terms of not just money. The real fallout has not been revealed. Instead certain authorities parrot this bullshit line. What else can they say- politicians and reporters are not experts in infection control. Doug Ford is an expert in precisely nothing at all.

If you can't Social Distance indoors, you should be wearing a mask. That's just good sense. 

We're actually going to get an excellent case study on what will happen with COVID when there's very little attempt to mitigate its infection in the US South. Those governors aren't going to shut down unless deaths skyrocket, and it seems they're on that trajectory. The benefit is that doctors do know how to treat it now. But as Hospitalizations skyrocket, so will the death rates. 

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Yep, things should have opened up a lot sooner, but practicing mitigation and social distancing.  Hopefully we've learned a valuable lesson.  Protect the vulnerable, while others practice proper protocol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Young people noted here are the ones that are leading the spike in new cases in the US Sunbelt. They want to party. 

And since they very likely will not die or even show symptoms, they should be allowed to.

Next up I expect you to say "Oh, but they will spread the infection to the elderly!" I have yet to see any government take serious steps to protect the elderly. Yet that is where the majority of deaths are taking place. 

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

And since they very likely will not die or even show symptoms, they should be allowed to.

And continue to spread the virus. And some will die. And as Hospitalizations go up, more will die. Of other things too because COVID-19 will consume more medical resources. We've seen this play out before. 

Next up I expect you to say "Oh, but they will spread the infection to the elderly!" I have yet to see any government take serious steps to protect the elderly. Yet that is where the majority of deaths are taking place. 

Short of seniors in LTC homes, how would you go about protecting the elderly? Force them to Shutdown? And who's "Elderly"? 60+. 

I actually thinks it's the responsibility of said elderly person to protect their own interests. Wear PPE, Social Distance and don't go into crowds. It's not hard. 

3 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Exactly.  They should be able to live their lives, as Bill Maher stated.  It’s younger healthier people that will lead to herd immunity.  As long as they’re smart and they don’t get careless when in contact will higher risk people.  Besides, there will naturally be a relaxing of people’s fear as time goes on.  Conplacency will set in to some degree.  You can’t lockdown people for extended periods of time, especially indefinitely.  It’s not natural and it’s not healthy, and people won’t abide by it anyways.

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Some of them want to protest, loot stores, and burn down businesses too.    

Will they die? Perhaps not, but they can certainly spread it to more vulnerable people and getting COVID-19 equals an automatic minimum 2 week vacation (paid or not). That can't be good for productivity. 

Doesn't matter...some of them consider COVID-19 to be a welcomed "Boomer Remover".    A lot of people ignore quarantine rules, and refuse to participate in tracing protocols to begin with.

14 minutes ago, Shady said:

People need to pay more attention to science and data and less on their emotions.

4A7AEC52-4DA4-48A6-8025-3891B17EE221.jpeg

A Hospitalization is a Hospitalization. Even if they're all people 60+, which they're not, once capacity is reached, death rates will spike. 

Also, your stats are from before the Outbreak even got a foothold. 

I'm not quibbling with the conclusions, but they're outdated stats. 

Edited by Boges

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Some of them want to protest, loot stores, and burn down businesses too.    

Lots of that going on in New York. Low numbers. Must all be wearing masks. 

Doesn't matter...some of them consider COVID-19 to be a welcomed "Boomer Remover".    A lot of people ignore quarantine rules, and refuse to participate in tracing protocols to begin with.

OK... That's awful.

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make.  

Edited by Boges

Just now, Boges said:

Lots of that going on in New York. Low numbers. Must all be wearing masks.

Going on in several places in "North America".    It's their right to protest, don'tcha know.

OK... That's awful.

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make.  

The point is obvious...don't pretend that all young people or people in general are going to tolerate "the rules" for very long.   Some are going to overtly be defiant in every way possible.   The government can't lock them all up for partying and ignoring COVID "rules".

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Going on in several places in "North America".    It's their right to protest, don'tcha know.

True. I'm not seeing the correlation with protests and COVID-19 spikes though. 

I think it's a lot more to do with people gathering indoors. . . Like in Tulsa, for example. 

The point is obvious...don't pretend that all young people or people in general are going to tolerate "the rules" for very long.   Some are going to overtly be defiant in every way possible.   The government can't lock them all up for partying and ignoring COVID "rules".

I'm guilty of a lot of that too. I don't follow all the rules, but I'm respectful of Social Distancing. 

Some of the earliest places to open up are now seeing huge spikes. It'll be interesting to see if deaths and the hospital capacity issues that the Lockdowns looked to avoid will be the ultimate result. 

Just now, Boges said:

True. I'm not seeing the correlation with protests and COVID-19 spikes though. 

I think it's a lot more to do with people gathering indoors. . . Like in Tulsa, for example.

Of course you don't see it....bias is against Trump rallies and people wishing to exercise their religion rights, of course.

I'm guilty of a lot of that too. I don't follow all the rules, but I'm respectful of Social Distancing. 

Some of the earliest places to open up are now seeing huge spikes. It'll be interesting to see if deaths and the hospital capacity issues that the Lockdowns looked to avoid will be the ultimate result. 

Frankly, at this point, it doesn't matter.    The hospitals actually furloughed many employees because of the "rules", and now people are being told to resume normal medical checks and procedures because deaths from cancer and heart disease risk is rising.

Many people are tired of the mixed message BS coming from many different directions, and are resigned to just "power through it".   There will be more deaths...lots of 'em...so ?

Kids gotta eat and rent has to be paid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Many people are tired of the mixed message BS coming from many different directions, and are resigned to just "power through it".   There will be more deaths...lots of 'em...so ?

Kids gotta eat and rent has to be paid.

I can see a lot of that. People can't shelter in place forever. 

We do see a difference in the trajectory of the virus in places that re-opened cautiously and just said "Eff It" I want to go to the Club!  

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

I can see a lot of that. People can't shelter in place forever. 

We do see a difference in the trajectory of the virus in places that re-opened cautiously and just said "Eff It" I want to go to the Club!  

Many epidemiologists are admitting that absent a large scale vaccine soon, 60% - 70% infection is the eventual and necessary outcome before so called herd immunity bends the curve down to a seasonal outbreak like influenza.  

The shutdown, lockdown game has run its course and the next phase means taking far more risks.

As an example, liquor stores remained open for the entire duration because human nature and behaviours cannot be so easily altered.

Get on with life...and death....mask optional.

3 hours ago, Boges said:

They may also get a lot sicker than expected and may have long-term effects on their lungs, brain and blood.  Even people who were never sick enough to hospitalized are still having symptoms weeks and months later; I'm seeing more stories about these long term effects, especially with people under 40.  It will likely be a while till we know the actual percentages of those who recover fully and those who don't, even when they're deemed recovered even though they still can't walk more than a few steps, or end up in hospital with a covid-related stroke or heart attack.

On 6/22/2020 at 12:24 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

...and how Canadian of you to worry about it.    Trump was doing very well on jobs growth before COVID-19, but you will never admit that.

China or Canada...doesn't matter to me if it means bringing jobs back to the U.S.

Coronavirus accelerates the opportunity to bring more jobs home.

Why do you even post here then? Can someone explain this to me?

2 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

Why do you even post here then? Can someone explain this to me?

Go back about 55,000 posts...and you will understand.

Getting back on topic....COVID-19 gives Trump another opportunity to squeeze all the visa programs taking American jobs, including Canadians:

Trump administration extends work visa ban, creating uncertainty for Canadians

"Trump has wanted to suspend the H-1B program since he started the presidency and he is using the high unemployment rate as a result of COVID as his justification..." - - Andrea Vaitzner, Canadian immigration lawyer

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-visa-green-card-canada-1.5622918

20 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Go back about 55,000 posts...and you will understand.

Getting back on topic....COVID-19 gives Trump another opportunity to squeeze all the visa programs taking American jobs, including Canadians:

Thread Drift. 

But it does dispell the idea that Trump only opposes illegal immigration. He's not a fan if legal immigration either. 

On 6/6/2020 at 3:22 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Science is a systematic search for knowledge. Errors are part of this process. When mistakes are made, as they certainly will be in a situation like this where better means of diagnosis and treatment are being frantically sought, they are disclosed. 

The only science that you will be seeing and getting is when Bill Gates gets to inject his poison vaccine into your arm. And no doubt you will be the first one in line to take the shot, eh? All we are getting today is deep state globalist communist science bull chiot. It still amazes me as to how many Canadians out there still believe that this China virus is still around and is going to kill them off if they do not listen to the deep state globalists, their lying politicians, the lying media, and those so called paid off health officials. 

So tell me.  Are you still in a state of fear and panic of this hoax of a virus or not? Just asking. ;)

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

Thread Drift. 

But it does dispell the idea that Trump only opposes illegal immigration. He's not a fan if legal immigration either. 

Topic is coronavirus....Trump's action is directly related.

"Never waste a serious crisis" works for Trump too, same as for Liberals and Democrats.

Why would righteous Canadians want to work in the "COVID infested" USA anyway ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Thread Drift. 

There are plenty of Canadians that are now opposed and want all immigration to Canada slowed down or stopped. I am in the latter of course. Believe it or not. :D

6 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

And what precisely do you excel at? Rating experts or something?