Warning to All MLW Members - Fear and the Cronavirus

Guest ProudConservative

On 3/8/2020 at 1:50 AM, August1991 said:

Everyone imagines that this is the "End of the World!".

Well, we live for about 70 or 80 years. IOW, every year, about 1.3% of us die. (1 of 70)

====

From what I can understand, this virus kills older people. While possibly infected, nois  one under 20 has any fear of death.

Am I missing something?

I quote, repeat myself.

====

IMHO, this virus is a question of life - as if that question never existed.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

There are other examples in Chinese culture that offend common sense, when it comes to controlling the outbreak of disease.

I agree with some of your post, but your burgeoning sense of security may actually be misplaced if you compare how cultures adapt to the virus.

Krikey....Trudeau can't even protect his own wife from COVID-19.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's wife Sophie Grégoire Trudeau has tested positive for the coronavirus, the Prime Minister's Office said late Thursday, saying she will remain in isolation.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid19-trudeau-premiers-coronavirus-1.5495001

Good luck Canada !

On 3/10/2020 at 9:27 AM, Argus said:

As someone whose livelihood does not depend on massive numbers of immigrants coming in, and can be more honest about it than people who do, this is, of course, self-serving bullshit.

Self-serving racists and bigots do what they can to scapegoat the immigrants. Including finding fake news in the opinion section of The Sun.

I give recent numbers and stats and share information. You give out-dated numbers, The Sun opinion pieces and and funny looking calculations.

On 3/10/2020 at 8:36 AM, PIK said:

A few yrs ago it was reported that 25% of TO hosp beds were filled with elderly that just came to the country. One guy said he brought his elderly parents here to die with dignity. Nice , but die at home, not on my dime.

Perhaps Argus will quote you as a response to the statistics I have shared about our immigration numbers.

On 3/10/2020 at 12:36 PM, taxme said:

So, what happens when these old people start to get really sick and their sponsors cannot afford to look after them anymore?

There is a 20 years undertaking period. First, if you want to sponsor your parents/grandparents, you must show that you are making enough income to sponsor them. If your parents and your parents go on welfare, the government has every right to go after you just like the CRA goes after people.

More info.

From what I have seen from our clients, many of these sponsored parents that come into Canada end up supporting their children by taking care of their grandchildren. This allows the mothers, who are usually the caretakers, go to work to make money and pay more taxes.

I refuse to follow your narrative of screaming about 20K elderly a year coming to Canada like it's an issue. For some reason you prefer not to talk about our skilled worker system, in which most of our immigrants come through. You refuse to talk about the competitive point system that these skilled workers come through where if you are over 30 years old, or uneducated, or have low English levels, you have no chance of immigrating. You refuse to talk about our ageing workforce. You refuse to talk about the low number of children we are having. You refuse to talk about that Trump, yes Trump, talking about copying our immigration system. To you, it's all about screaming about a non-issues, because that's what The Rebel wants you to scream about. 

Edited by marcus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Good luck Canada !

Whatever fear and panic we want to avoid, we sure don't need the lack of common sense that Justin and Sophie have demonstrated thus far.  Gosh, how about not flying around the globe when there's a pandemic underway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Whatever fear and panic we want to avoid, we sure don't need the lack of common sense that Justin and Sophie have demonstrated thus far.  Gosh, how about not flying around the globe when there's a pandemic underway.

Yes...best wishes for Sophie and family to recover quickly, but it does look a bit cavalier to an outside observer.

Despite the political incorrectness, travel has clearly been identified as a primary vector for the virus.

Flattening the curve will require more travel restrictions so that limited hospital beds and ventilators are not overwhelmed.

• Like 1

Looks like C-19 testing in Canada is not going so great after all.   Doing it like South Korea doesn't work in Canada either.

Dr. Elia fears this type of situation means cases of COVID-19 are going undetected in Canada. He compared the situation to the U.S., where a lack of testing has led to serious outbreaks in numerous states, including at a long-term-care home in the Seattle area.

“We’re not doing any better than they are with testing,” Dr. Elia said. “From a testing standpoint, we really have nothing to be gloating about here.”

Lucas Castellani, an infectious diseases physician in Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., said he’s heard of similar issues cropping up in other areas.

“I’m hearing from colleagues there’s these cases that could actually be potentially COVID that we’re not testing because of the criteria set by the current recommendations by the Public Health Agency of Canada.”

PHAC and Ontario’s health ministry did not respond to questions about testing.

As a physician in a large Canadian hospital and a frontline worker in this pandemic, may I say that the public and our profession owes a great deal of gratitude to the author of this article for pointing out what has been obvious to us physicians for weeks - our "woke" government and media are still obsessed about criticizing the Trump administration whilst ignoring the terribly inadequate Canadian response.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-doctors-say-coronavirus-test-criteria-is-inconsistent-could-lead-to/

Edited by bush_cheney2004

6 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I’d be happier with a Freeland-Philpott government right about now.

Well, this ordeal has been a gut punch to many governments around the world, regardless of current leadership.

One of the lessons has been to separate politics from the crisis, but that is difficult to do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Argus said:

So let me get this straight.  You're offended on behalf of a country whose unhygienic food practices has led to bird flu, sars, and now this latest virus afflicting the world because?

I'm offended on behalf of my grand-kids who had nothing to do with China's lousy standards.

Why do you get angry about the thought of anyone daring to mock or criticize China over this?

I'm not angry at the thought it's the words and tone those thoughts are put into we typically see the usual suspects around here using that gets my goat.

China SHOULD be criticized. SEVERELY.

Yes but speaking of goats its when people denigrate others as ignorant goat herders or filthy bastards and the like that its abundantly clear they think characterizing people is a legitimate aspect of criticizing a country or a government.  This is especially egregious in cases where people may be trapped in a society in which they have little to no rights and likely even less say in standards we're completely right to be pissed off at.

It gets particularly noxious when this loose talk starts getting infectious and we see symptoms that include doing anything from withdrawing basic niceties towards others to expressing the above quoted shit in public and launching into racist diatribes against hapless innocent people in the street thousands upon thousands of miles away from whatever got the enraged asshole's goat.

We're often told moderates need to contain the extremists in their midst to prevent them from spreading their filth so that's what I'm doing. I would have thought you'd be used to it by now. 

Edited by eyeball

On 3/12/2020 at 12:01 AM, BubberMiley said:

There's a lot to be said for veganism. 

Unless you are brocoli then you take it personally when people begin eating you,.

Get a hold of your petunias people. Hoarding toilet paper and macaroni and cheese...really?

The media and many people are to blame for  group hysteria. There is educated awareness and there is stupid counter-productive hysteria. Its your choice whether to panic or use common sense and wash your phacking hands and relax. Hiding from life, fearing life, imagining viruses killing you is all bullshit.

For phack's sake. This country had far worse with polio. We have had Sars, Legionaire's disease, AIDS, Spanish flue, Avian flu, swine flu, flus and viruses since the homo sapiens species existed and began shitting in his/her own water supply.

Ignorance of illness will not help a damn thing. 10% of people who get it will not die from it. Bullshit.

Oh maybe we should panic. Maybe we should send all kinds of emails hyping this...thanks but phack off. Its simply attention getting hysteria for a generation tin the first world who have never had anything threaten them and now feeling an invisible boogy man for the first time is gonna  get em.

You think people in the 3rd and 4th world who die from diaheria are sitting around like some of you wetting themselves out of fear? Get real man.

This virus panic is a classic example of sheltered affluent people struggling with a phenomena most of the world lives with as a fact, of life.

So  I am actually fed up with the number of fearful sheep I hear. No I will not jump on any bandwagon of fear as some of you seem to be asking. I also expect the usual to come on here and blame it on immigrants or yellow skinned bastards, etc.

I just had some lady lecture me not to walk 6 feet near her or touch doors as I was entering a building this a.m.  She read it on the internet,.

Just so you know, I  have  tuberculosis, leprosy, bubonic plague, std's, rabies, aids, mumps, measles, small pox, diptheria, German measles(oh its from those Germans)  whooping cough, scabies, lice, syphilis, hepititis a,b.c, herpes (all 12 complexes of them), impitago, cholera, typhus, typhoid fever, ebola and whatever it is zombies get and Woody Harelson kills.

Ok?

Now kiss me.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As the pressure on hospitals grows, we may to have to look at other places to keep older sick people who can’t take care of themselves at home. 

https://www.newstalk.com/news/hotels-used-covid-19-isolation-units-coveney-982303

Bolsonaro’s initial test has apparently come back positive and a second confirmatory test is awaited. If he is positive, what is Trump going to do, given that he met Bolsonaro and a COVID positive aide recently? 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

10 hours ago, marcus said:

Self-serving racists and bigots do what they can to scapegoat the immigrants. Including finding fake news in the opinion section of The Sun.

I give recent numbers and stats and share information. You give out-dated numbers, The Sun opinion pieces and and funny looking calculations.

And that, of course is the almost knee-jerk response you hear from these venal, greedy, self-serving people who build their business on exploiting refugees and immigrants and potential immigrants. Because all they care about is keeping their profits up. Any questioning of the high numbers or whatever economic benefit they're supposed to bring is attacked as 'racist'. These people are about as reliable as RT or the Chinese ministry of propaganda.

There is a 20 years undertaking period. First, if you want to sponsor your parents/grandparents, you must show that you are making enough income to sponsor them

But that sponsorship does NOT include providing them with health care. If you want to sponsor an elderly immigrant into Australia you need to provide them with private health insurance. We should do the same.

If your parents and your parents go on welfare, the government has every right to go after you just like the CRA goes after people.

But it doesn't.

I refuse to follow your narrative of screaming about 20K elderly a year coming to Canada like it's an issue.

Five billion dollars a year IS an issue. Adding 100,000 elderly immigrants into our health care lineups every five years IS an issue.

For some reason you prefer not to talk about our skilled worker system, in which most of our immigrants come through.

Most immigrants come through as family, not skilled. The skilled category you and the rest of your immigration industry propaganda cohort use to lie to Canadians includes not just the single 'skilled' person who is assessed for their abilities, but their families, as well.

You refuse to talk about the competitive point system that these skilled workers come through where if you are over 30 years old, or uneducated, or have low English levels, you have no chance of immigrating.

Of course, the assessment is based entirely on paperwork supplied by the immigrants, and the assessing officer has all of THREE MINUTES to go through the file to determine if they qualify. Not much opportunity to verify if that 'degree' is real or a fake, or if the paper attesting to their language skills is real either. No interview with the individual or his or her family, and no attempt to determine if they have the sort of adaptable mindset which would flourish in Canada as opposed to becoming a sullen minority clinging to their primitive old-world religious values.

You refuse to talk about our ageing workforce.

Studies by demographics people have made it quite clear that immigration can do almost nothing about an aging workforce. And it's noteworthy the federal government has produced no studies which show it will. Nor any studies showing immigration is helping our economy. The only pro-immigration studies come from left wing think tanks always eager for more immigration, and corporate stooges whose bosses want more cheap labour.

Interesting....Trump travel limits were "bad policy"...but now Trudeau is following Trump's lead.

The federal government is warning against all international travel and is limiting inbound flights as part of a series of measures to limit the spread of COVID-19.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau detailed the new measures during a news conference Friday. Trudeau is in self-isolation due to the confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis for his wife, Sophie.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-covid-19-1.5496367

13 hours ago, marcus said:

There is a 20 years undertaking period. First, if you want to sponsor your parents/grandparents, you must show that you are making enough income to sponsor them. If your parents and your parents go on welfare, the government has every right to go after you just like the CRA goes after people.

More info.

From what I have seen from our clients, many of these sponsored parents that come into Canada end up supporting their children by taking care of their grandchildren. This allows the mothers, who are usually the caretakers, go to work to make money and pay more taxes.

I refuse to follow your narrative of screaming about 20K elderly a year coming to Canada like it's an issue. For some reason you prefer not to talk about our skilled worker system, in which most of our immigrants come through. You refuse to talk about the competitive point system that these skilled workers come through where if you are over 30 years old, or uneducated, or have low English levels, you have no chance of immigrating. You refuse to talk about our ageing workforce. You refuse to talk about the low number of children we are having. You refuse to talk about that Trump, yes Trump, talking about copying our immigration system. To you, it's all about screaming about a non-issues, because that's what The Rebel wants you to scream about. 

So, if one of these sponsored parents or grandparents gets ill and the sponsor cannot afford to pay for that illness that may cost upwards of around 20- 30 thousand dollars or more who do you think will end up paying the bill? The Canadian taxpayer of course. I doubt that illness that happens too one of them was taken into account. What then? I would have no problem if it were your money that was going to be used to pay for their illness out of your own pocket. But I know that is not going to happen. The federal government(taxpayer's)will no doubt have to eat the cost of their getting better. You know that, and I know that. 

It looks to me that you must be working with some pro immigration group or immigration lawyer with clients that benefits and makes money from wanting to see more new immigrants come into Canada. What would happen if the sponsor and the parent both get sick at the same time? What happens then? 

Well, someone needs to start screaming about what is going on with our present day immigration policy that is costing the taxpayer's of Canada hundreds of billions of their tax dollars being washed down the drain every year. No problem with you, eh? What's a billion here and a billion there for immigrants and legal and illegal criminal refugees. Great if there is a point system but that point system does not work on those so called refugees that cross into Canada every day illegally. How many do you think get to stay in Canada for years until their asylum application gets looked into? Who pays for all of them while they are here? Why, the taxpayer's of Canada get that lucky job. 

Ageing comes with the territory. But as I have said once before there are just as many people dying in Canada that are being born in Canada. Maybe to you this is a non-issue but too many others it is a major issue. The taxpayer's of Canada are not here to look after the rest of the world. The taxpayer's of this country and pay their taxes so their tax dollars get to stay in Canada and work for Canada and Canadians. I am getting fed up with those pro immigration people who do have some kind of interest in immigration like money for instance. I want a moratorium on immigration now. I demand so as a taxpayer of Canada. It's my bloody taxes too. :(

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Interesting....Trump travel limits were "bad policy"...but now Trudeau is following Trump's lead.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-covid-19-1.5496367

He's not limiting travel, he's limiting the number of airports travelers can come in through to better monitor travelers. Still, a waste of time, I think, given most of our new foreign infections are coming from the US and can just drive across the border.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

He's not limiting travel, he's limiting the number of airports travelers can come in through to better monitor travelers. Still, a waste of time, I think, given most of our new foreign infections are coming from the US and can just drive across the border.

He is limiting travel (inbound flights) with new restrictions.

If entry from the US is a threat, then he should close the border or limit to essential travel....but we know he will not do that for several reasons unrelated to the pandemic.

15 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Good luck Canada !

By krikey. It's all just for show. Both can now take a break from trying to destroy this country. There are approx. 700,000 people that die every year from some flu that comes along every year. Yet there is no big stink ever made about all of those deaths every year. North America never gets shut down like it is being shut done today. Think about that. All of this shut down of everything going on has to have more to it than just what we are seeing and are being told today. I know that I may be going out on a limb here but I do believe that there is something wrong with this so called pandemic picture being painted for us all. I wonder how many people here know of someone who has contacted this virus, and as to whether it is the virus or just the flu virus that kills 700,000 people every year. This constant 24 hours a day reporting of this virus seems to be a little bit suspicious looking to me. Let the MSM report on it but this reporting about this virus every minute of every day appears to not be kosher. Just my opinion of course. I have to go now and go out and buy some toilet paper before it all disappears off the store shelves. Lol.