"Me too" comes to Hockey?

DrYouth

Allegations on Twitter against Bill Peters - Calgary Flames head coach - using the N-word 10 years ago... making a stir.

Details coming out about recently fired Leafs Head Coach uncouth motivational tactics.

All of this is starting to sound like the "Me Too" movement.

Thoughts?

• Thanks 1

Hockey is the antithesis of sportsmanship. I was brought up in the culture "it is not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game." The fact that crimminal assault and battery is not just permitted but encouraged should be enough to question its existance.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Speed, skill, teamwork, discipline, strategy, endurance, strength, courage.... hockey is Canada’s sport. Sportsmanship is a quality of the athlete and the team. Hockey and every other sport has examples of fine and poor sportsmanship. Maligning the entire sport of hockey represents ignorance and bad faith.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Hockey is the antithesis of sportsmanship. I was brought up in the culture "it is not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game." The fact that crimminal assault and battery is not just permitted but encouraged should be enough to question its existance.

It's a five minute penalty and there is an instigator rule. Encouraged my ass, they have practically nerfed fighting out of hockey and you still complain. This is why you can't give the Millenials anything, they keep wanting to water down the game more and more, no matter how many previous concessions have been made.

There is more sportsmanship in hockey than any other major stick and ball sport, so I don't know what you're blathering about there either. Antithesis of sportsmanship, what a clown show.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DrYouth said:

Allegations on Twitter against Bill Peters - Calgary Flames head coach - using the N-word 10 years ago... making a stir.

Details coming out about recently fired Leafs Head Coach uncouth motivational tactics.

Thoughts?

Meh, Babcock and Peters just deserve to be fired, teams are looking for excuses to justify it is all, and the cancel culture is hopping on the bandwagon. It's is kind of a #metoo thing, but the metoo isn't actually leading to people getting fired based purely on accusations, it's just giving teams yet another reason to justify firing shitty coaches.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Sport is supposed to be fun. It is just a game. Attempting to hurt an opponant is cheating in its worst form. A coach's first responsiblity is to ensure his/her players are enjoying playing the game while teaching the skills neccessary to enhance the game.

Fighting is assault and should result in jail time, on or off the ice. 

I find it disturbing that we would rather pay to watch a sport than actually go out and play. I live for skiing but I would never pay to watch it. 

Avery Brundage had many disgusting faults but time has proven him right on one thing, money ruins sport.

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Sport is supposed to be fun. It is just a game. Attempting to hurt an opponant is cheating in its worst form. A coach's first responsiblity is to ensure his/her players are enjoying playing the game while teaching the skills neccessary to enhance the game.

Fighting is assault and should result in jail time, on or off the ice. 

I find it disturbing that we would rather pay to watch a sport than actually go out and play. I live for skiing but I would never pay to watch it. 

Avery Brundage had many disgusting faults but time has proven him right on one thing, money ruins sport.

So we should jail boxers and martial artists?

Watching sports is somehow immoral?

You seem to have no concept of healthy competition and healthy struggle...

You are a living embodiment of the "everyone should have a trophy and we should have no roughhousing in case anybody gets hurt or anyone's feelings get hurt" mentality....

This is a cultural malady.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrYouth said:

You seem to have no concept of healthy competition and healthy struggle...

I am all for healthy competition. You get a lot more enjoyment out of it if you participate. Boxing has rules and is regulated in the attempt to minimize injury. Most sports carry the risk of injury. Watching sports is not immoral, it is not as envigorating as paticipating. I confess to watching the Bluejays, the Lions and the Riders.. There is generally a better level of sportsmanship. 

1 hour ago, DrYouth said:

"everyone should have a trophy and we should have no roughhousing in case anybody gets hurt or anyone's feelings get hurt" mentality....

No, I believe you should be able to excel in a sport without cheating. What kind of a sports philosophy says you should attack Bobby Orr's knees to put him out of the game. I believe you should strive to win but not by cheating. 

Edited by Queenmandy85

22 hours ago, DrYouth said:

Thoughts?

It all depends on what side of the political fence one is sitting on. If you are Trudeau, and you are a part of the liberal elite swamp, then he gets a pass, and he will be forgiven for his sins. If one is a Canadian hockey coach, who it would appear has no political clout, then there will be open season on him, and there will be no forgiveness, and his sins must be exposed and dealt him with serious penalty results. Don Cherry found that out.

The "Me too" movement is like the rest of those other politically correct movements out there. Most movements are created to try and cause division and hatred, and get the sheeple to fight against one another over this or that while the elite slide up the middle and hang onto control and power over we the sheeple. It works all the time for them.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Meh, Babcock and Peters just deserve to be fired, teams are looking for excuses to justify it is all, and the cancel culture is hopping on the bandwagon. It's is kind of a #metoo thing, but the metoo isn't actually leading to people getting fired based purely on accusations, it's just giving teams yet another reason to justify firing shitty coaches.

Hockey players are turning to Twitter to hold coaches to the fire for shitty behaviour...

2 coaches are down.

Sounds good at first...

But where does this go from here?

Cancel culture warriors are foaming at the mouth.

Twitter justice. Dangerous mojo.

6 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So uttering the "N-word" ten years ago is worse than wearing blackface twenty years ago ?   

Babcock for prime minister !

Black people in America use the "N" word all the time with one another. So, if it is cool for black people to use the "N" word on each other, why not anyone else be able to use it that word also? Black people are pretty much telling us all that it is okay to use the "N" word, yet if a non-black says the word, they get into chit. White people cannot be allowed to have white organizations that promote the white people, but yet blacks are given the right, and have the duty to promote their blackness, even if they call each other the "N" word.

So, black people can say the "N" word, and all is okay, but when non-white people say the "N" word, well that is supposed to be a no-no, even if it was said ten years ago. Is there something wrong with this picture that I am not getting here? You tell me. :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Well then, why hasn't Trudeau been fired yet? Why is this guy now the PM of Canada once again for his racism? Where is the cancel culture when it comes to Trudeau? Oh ya,  I forgot? Trudeau belongs to the big boys globalist club. That should help get one out of trouble as it no doubt did with Trudeau. Scheer probably would have been canned long before the election for doing the same thing that Trudeau did, and attacked every day on his racist actions. 

Don Cherry was not a coach at the time that he got fired. Many coaches get fired every year somewhere in sports who have never used the "N" word. They no doubt get fired because they were bad coaches for the owners of a sports team to want to keep them around and keep losing. Firing people because they said something racist ten years ago is going beyond stupid. This black accuser saw a chance to maybe get even with his old coach, who he no doubt had problems with, and who was told to leave the team because he was not performing well, and hopefully get him fired from his coaching job. Well, it looked like it worked for him. I suspect that there will be many more coaches watching their backs over something that they may have said ten years ago that appeared to be racist at the time. 

The "Me Too" movement may have been a good noble movement when it was founded but like all other leftist liberal movements, they expand into other more divisive movements. Most of these movements are just more of a leftist liberal farce meant to cause more problems and disruptions, and get we the people to end up fighting among ourselves. They seem to always end up pizzing off one group against another group. We the people have never been so divided in the past like we are today. Everybody appears to be fighting against everybody else. A typical communist tactic of dividing the people into groups while the commies take over and run and ruin their lives. 

11 minutes ago, DrYouth said:

So I kind of doubt Bill Peters was strolling into the locker room... all like... "Yo, my nigger!" flashing gang signs...

Although that would be funny to imagine.

Indeed, that would have been a cool and funny thing to see. Peters just trying to appear to be cool with the black dudes on his team.  Lol. 

1 minute ago, DrYouth said:

So you think Akim Aliu is a communist?

I do not believe that I thought in anyway that Aliu was a communist. Although, one never can know if he is or not, eh? But with all of this stuff going on these days there just may be some kind of communist minded shenanigans going on here. Hey. you never know, eh? 

Bill Peters apology

“Please accept this as a sincere apology to you, and the entire Calgary Flames organization, for offensive language I used in a professional setting a decade ago,” wrote Peters, who had been shielded from the media since the ordeal began Monday.

“I know that my comments have been the source of both anger and disappointment, and I understand why. Although it was an isolated and immediately regrettable incident, I take responsibility for what I said. The statement was made in a moment of frustration and does not reflect my personal values. After the incident, I was rightfully challenged about my use of language, and I immediately returned to the dressing room to apologize to the team. I have regretted the incident since it happened, and I now also apologize to anyone negatively affected by my words.

“I am aware that there is no excuse for language that is offensive. I meant no disrespect in what I said, and it was not directed at anyone in particular. But, that doesn’t matter; it was hurtful and demeaning. I am truly sorry. I accept the reality of my actions. I do believe that we must strive to act with integrity, and to take accountability for what we say and do. This letter is intended to do exactly that; I hope it is accepted as intended.

“I appreciate the thorough review of this situation being undertaken by the Flames. It’s the right thing to do, and I support it fully.”

He signed the letter at the bottom.

He says it wasn't directed at anyone in particular....

So did he say something like "You niggers weren't trying hard enough tonight!!"

Too bad we don't have the cell phone video... if it was today we probably would.

Apparently the communist Akim isn't accepting his comrades apology. He is demanding the Gulag.

https://www.tsn.ca/akim-aliu-speaks-publicly-on-allegations-against-calgary-flames-head-coach-bill-peters-1.1403974

Apparently Bill didn't like Akim's taste in hip hop...

Probably would have preferred they listen to some classic rock or country.

FIRE HIM NOW!!!!!

Guess he hadn't had a chance to listen to the new hip hop.

Edited by DrYouth

3 hours ago, DrYouth said:

Hockey players are turning to Twitter to hold coaches to the fire for shitty behaviour...

2 coaches are down.

Sounds good at first...

But where does this go from here?

Cancel culture warriors are foaming at the mouth.

Twitter justice. Dangerous mojo.

That isn't why they were fired. The twitter mob had nothing to do with it. If the twitter mob gets a coach fired that doesn't deserve it, then come and talk to me. If Bill Peters gets fired, it's because Calgary is in the shitter, not because he's racist.

Edited by Yzermandius19

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bill-peters-resigns-flames-head-coach-allegations-akim-aliu/

Bill Peters has resigned as head coach of the Calgary Flames in the wake of allegations made by former player Akim Aliu on social media.

10 years ago Bill Peters delivered a racist rant about hip hop... this trended on twitter and now he has been cancelled.

The twitter mob sure thinks it had something to do with it....

The taste for swift digital justice is a heck of a drug....

Believe me they are just waiting to set their sights on the next target.

Edited by DrYouth