"Me too" comes to Hockey?

DrYouth

These coaches should count themselves lucky. In future, rants and insults will be published on social media within minutes rather than years. The Franzen episode also brings up the more serious issue of concussion and its consequences. Has Bettman responded yet? 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

On the one hand... you want light to be shone onto abuse of players...

On the other hand you don't really want mob justice.

Some of these guys sound like they were really bad....

The Harvey Weinsteins of "Me too" hockey version....

On the other hand... how far is this going to go with the cancel culture... the danger is that it degenerates into the ridiculous.

The genie is out of the bottle now... we will watch and see.

4 hours ago, DrYouth said:

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/chicago-blackhawks-marc-crawford-leave-1.5381850

And it continues...

Summary justice. Who will be purged next?

The mob is exalting in its power to secure justice with little or no delay.

We live in interesting times.

It's like Evergreen College comes to Hockey.

This racism incident with Peters happened over ten years ago when Peters was a coach with some Ontario hockey league, and had nothing to do with the NHL. What should have been done was that the NHL should have just ask Peters to apologize for the incident and let's us all just move on. But no, the NHL had to make a big deal of it, and had too fire Peters so they can look oh so politically correct. Of course the Canadian leftist lieberal offended Canadian media would not let it go, and reported on it for weeks. The CBC being the worse of them all. The CBC lives and breathes for anything that has to do with some racist incident happening somewhere in Canada or some other part of the world. Of course the ones that we are really going to go after are the ones of a certain people of color. The social justice warrior ANTIFA mob in Canada want to let us all know that there will be no racism of any kind accepted in Canada. If one does say something racist or may appear to be racist, we are coming after you. We will mob you, and threaten you with violence. We will even try to get you fired from your job as Don cherry and Bill Peters have found out. :(

"Me too" has come to hockey, Yzermandius....

Why are you in denial?

Not prepared to accept that hockey players have become the latest group to rally on twitter against "the man".

"The Patriarchy" is under attack by WOKE hockey players.

I know... here's a tissue... I'm sad too.

Edited by DrYouth
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Well at first the Russian's simply overthrew the Czar because of loss of confidence, he made himself Supreme Commander in the war, and then the Russians got badly beaten, and they also thought Rasputin was running things behind the Czar back, having an affair with the Czarina.

It was the Germans who sent the Bolsheviks to Russia, to take advantage of the chaos, to knock Russia out of the war once and for all.  The Bolsheviks simply filled a power vacuum which was already in place.

Canada is similar, in that Confederation has failed, it's a failed state, it's not delivering for the people, so Canada itself was already a power vacuum, so now this totalitarian leftist social panic is simply filling the void that is governance or rather lack thereof in Canada.

You're not even getting governance, all the government is now is an amplifier of this social panic, because in fact governance is paralyzed by Canada being broken  beyond repair.

Then you've got the foreign power moving in from Beijing to take control of the fake country and its fake government.

Moral Panic Night In Canada brought to you by Huawei.

As far as I am concerned, the Me Too movement is nothing more than just another Bolshevik politically correct movement and was created too promote hatred and violence and intolerance against those that they disagree with. They have no time for anyone who has an opinion and point of view that is different too theirs. 

It would appear as though there are just too many panic buttons being pushed in Canada today, and which has got so many Canadians all up in arms over pretty much nothing at all. We can thank the Canadian MSM and movements like the Me Too movement for all of this panic over nothing. Canada appears to be so full of brainwashed, offended, sensitive, and gullible crybaby people. Aw well. Welcome to the new Canada. :D

28 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Bill Peters lost his job because Calgary sucks, Marc Crawford lost his job because Chicago sucks.
/shrugs

Maybe it is the players that suck, and not the coaches. Hey, you never know, eh? :lol:

9 minutes ago, taxme said:

As far as I am concerned, the Me Too movement is nothing more than just another Bolshevik politically correct movement and was created too promote hatred and violence and intolerance against those that they disagree with. They have no time for anyone who has an opinion and point of view that is different too theirs. 

It would appear as though there are just too many panic buttons being pushed in Canada today, and which has got so many Canadians all up in arms over pretty much nothing at all. We can thank the Canadian MSM and movements like the Me Too movement for all of this panic over nothing. Canada appears to be so full of brainwashed, offended, sensitive, and gullible crybaby people. Aw well. Welcome to the new Canada. :D

I would tend to agree, bearing in mind that "Bolshevik' is simply the Russian word for 'Majoritarian'

The majority of Canadians have now been indoctrinated by the fundamentally loonie leftist public education system and state media propaganda arms.

But the reason they are taking over runs deeper, it is the failure of Canada itself, the failure of governance in Canada, which has created a power vacuum.

Canada is a failed state, governments in Canada are paralyzed as a result, and the loonie leftists are filling that void with their Bolshevist/Maoist social panic.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, DrYouth said:

"Me too" has come to hockey, Yzermandius....

Why are you in denial?

Not prepared to accept that hockey players have become the latest group to rally on twitter against "the man".

"The Patriarchy" is under attack by WOKE hockey players.

I know... here's a tissue... I'm sad too.

I'm not denying it, I am simply pointing out that if woke twitter mob didn't come along, it would have saved no one's job.

4 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Like I say, talk to me when the woke twitter mob takes down a coach that isn't on the chopping block and about to be fired for a myriad of other reasons.

Any coach of any NHL hockey team who cannot make it to the playoffs is always coming very close to getting fired. The owners want results. The owners all want a Stanley Cup. If they cannot get it, then someone has to pay, and that usually means the coach.

There are only two reasons today that a coach can get fired for. Either the coach cannot at least make it to the hockey playoffs, or it is because of this new "woke" sensitive and offended crybaby movement that will go after any coach who may have said something ten years ago, and the management is being forced to fire the poor batard even though his firing had nothing to do with the NHL. Peters was a coach for another hockey league and he was fired for what he said ten years ago in another league.

No coach on any sports team today can feel safe now from these crybaby offended people. I suspect that we will be hearing many more of these crybaby offended stories coming up in the next few years when another player will come forward and cry out, I was offended by what my past coach said to me. What happened to the good old days when one could say that he was sorry for what he said, and life then can go on. These "Me Too" and "woke" kinds of movement are dangerous movements that if they are not nipped in the bud, they will be causing great harm for those who may have said something that they said ten years ago. No one is safe from these dumb ass PC Bolshevik communist fools anymore. All they want is revenge, and forgiveness be dammed.

Again, there was no reason to fire a coach over something that he said that was racist ten years ago. An apology should have been good enough. It's not like Peters or Cherry were members of some KKK outfit. I guess that apologizing will not work anymore. If one said something, well too bad for you. You are fired and you are out of here. Welcome to Bolshevik Canada. ;) 

Peters got fired because Calgary was underperforming. If the twitter mob hadn't come along, he would still have been fired. The most the twitter mob did was speed up the process. The woke twitter mob are simply targeting those who are likely to be fired, so they can claim credit for them being fired, even when they had little to do with it.

Edited by Yzermandius19

19 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Bill Peters lost his job because Calgary sucks, Marc Crawford lost his job because Chicago sucks.
/shrugs

Probably. The timing helped though. Calgary got fleeced in the Lucic deal and looks real bad. His being fired was made easy by the bad publicity. Got to agree.

18 hours ago, taxme said:

Maybe it is the players that suck, and not the coaches. Hey, you never know, eh? :lol:

How do you coach millionaires. Say Toronto for example with Mathews, Warner and Nylander. They are young rich guys. They have long term k's that necessarily make them cocky and complacent.  Now you can get lucky with a guy like Tavaris or Reilly who no matter how much you pay them have fire in their belly, but most guts with big bucks roll over and get fat. Montreal is loyal to fat cats Weber and Price because they try their best and lead. Likewise Drouin. I do not know about Domy. From what I see he is a flake. Gallaghe ris another with fire in his belly for Montreal. So,e guys no amount of money corrupts, others it makes them fat and stupid. Its the problem not just with hockey  but all pro sports with the exception of football. In football the injury rate is so high and serious no amt. of money makes you secure. You are one hit from out of the game. In baseball or basketball its better. Hockey you get injuries but not like football while I do admit head injuries in hockey have become a serious issue now that we have players never taught to body check properly. That said a coach using name calling to light fire under a lazy player is not to me an issue. Its an issue for people who do not understand and have never played hockey and project their sexual issues on the way the game is played. Its a contact sport where people swet, spit, swear, hit. If you have a problem with that, go watch curling. Hey those curlers, which is an appropro name for that sport spit by the way.

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

It sped up the process by a few weeks probably, it prevented them from doodling as much in their inevitable decision is all.

Yah. ..probably...hey you used the wood doodle....that is offensive. You know what a doodle is. Cocks. Cock-a-doodle. Offensive. Its sexist. Its also racist because its used to describe Americans. Yankee doodles.

19 minutes ago, Rue said:

Reilly who no matter how much you pay them have fire in their belly, but most guts with big bucks roll over and get fat.

No.  Rielly is as soft as warm baby shit, he is the worst player on the team right now, he is a pylon, or he's out of position chasing people behind the net.

Rielly is killing them, he's the number one defenseman, yet he doesn't play any defence at all, teams have a free shot at Andersen whenever Rielly is out there.

I was calling him a Glorified Keith Yandle, but that's actually an insult to Keith Yandle.

Edited by Dougie93

3 hours ago, Rue said:

How do you coach millionaires. Say Toronto for example with Mathews, Warner and Nylander. They are young rich guys. They have long term k's that necessarily make them cocky and complacent.  Now you can get lucky with a guy like Tavaris or Reilly who no matter how much you pay them have fire in their belly, but most guts with big bucks roll over and get fat. Montreal is loyal to fat cats Weber and Price because they try their best and lead. Likewise Drouin. I do not know about Domy. From what I see he is a flake. Gallaghe ris another with fire in his belly for Montreal. So,e guys no amount of money corrupts, others it makes them fat and stupid. Its the problem not just with hockey  but all pro sports with the exception of football. In football the injury rate is so high and serious no amt. of money makes you secure. You are one hit from out of the game. In baseball or basketball its better. Hockey you get injuries but not like football while I do admit head injuries in hockey have become a serious issue now that we have players never taught to body check properly. That said a coach using name calling to light fire under a lazy player is not to me an issue. Its an issue for people who do not understand and have never played hockey and project their sexual issues on the way the game is played. Its a contact sport where people swet, spit, swear, hit. If you have a problem with that, go watch curling. Hey those curlers, which is an appropro name for that sport spit by the way.

What the many players get as far as salaries go in most of these professional sports teams like basketball, hockey, baseball and football is downright obscene, especially what some basketball players are being paid just to bounce a ball down the court, and try to put a ball in a net. Being paid 20-30 million dollars to get to put a ball in a bloody basket is bloody ridiculous.

If I were a hockey player, and having a schedule like they have every season, I think that I would like to get injured once in awhile, and be able to miss a dozen games or so, and still get paid while I watch my team play hockey from the comfort of my home. No one in sports is worth being paid multi millions, especially when the team that they play on never makes the playoffs. Look at all the big bucks being paid out to some of the players on New York states professional hockey, football, baseball and basketball teams. And yet hardly any of them ever make the playoffs.   We truly do live in a Me Too generation alright. It's all about me-me-me, period. 

23 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Dawdling fine. Stupid spellcheck.

I was only joking Y. I forgive your doodle. I agreez wit yooz 100%. Onist. Y I would love to have played hockey against Taxme and given him what we call a kosher tap to his shins in front of my net. Broke a guy's nose with my butt end fer calling me a dirty Jewboy. He became a good friend. He was ugly anyways. Now me I was lucky to have a goalie mask. I was a heart throb. Crappy goalie but man I was cool. Painted my pads and stick before anyone. Al Smith of the Pittsburgh Penquins was my role model. He was lousy but he had the longest hair in the NHL. Everyone thought Derek Sanderson did, no it was Al. Let's talk racism. Larry Zeidel was a career minor league defemceman. The Flyers called him up. The Bad Bruins in the days of Glen Sather and Sanderson who were dirtier than the Flyers at the time attacked him. Hit his head and opened it with high sticks screaming out dirty Jew.  No one said a damn thing. When Rocket Richard was wacked over the head in Boston and suspended for defending himself, no one said a damn thing about what caused the attack. George Armstrong, Jim Nielsen, every time they played anywhere they were screamed out for  being Injuns.  Eddie Shack explained it best. The league always was full of filthy trash talk. It was part of the head games. You think a guy like Jim Nielsen could not handle it. That guy was one of the most focused defencemen when getting taunted. Armstrong shamed people with his dignity. Even the little rat Stan Jonathan never once whined about the slurs against him. These guys just played their game and did what they had to do. Mario Tremblay, when he was called a little Pepsi he defended himself damn good. Excuse me but Yvon Cournoyer….the Bruins went after him and he took 3 guys down. Guys took shots at Pat Quinn calling him a dirty Mick and they ended up in pine boxes. There's a way to deal with fat mouths. Sometimes whining to the press aint the way to do it. Call me old fashioned.

1 hour ago, Rue said:

. There's a way to deal with fat mouths. Sometimes whining to the press aint the way to do it. Call me old fashioned.

All of that is going away, now that the players are opening this can of worms, the next thing that is going to happen is complaints about trash talking on the ice.

Canada is dead and it's not coming back.