The road to 2020

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Why ?    The Supreme Court impacted the 2000 election as well....so what.   Trump is just another U.S. president and no special considerations should be made either way.

Waiting days or weeks for more ballots to come in after the election just to beat Trump is ridiculous....and it would be in Canada too.

I'm not talking about ballots coming in days later.

The Pennsylvania ballots have been cast and recorded. You can check them online. Why haven't they already been counted? Why do votes cast today precede them?

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/PA.html

The theory is that Trump will have a lead before any of the early ballots are counted and he'll declare victory early. 

I can't see even Fox News affirming that knowing there are 2.5 million + votes yet to be counted. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

I'm not talking about ballots coming in days later.

The Pennsylvania ballots have been cast and recorded. You can check them online. Why haven't they already been counted? Why do votes cast today precede them?

Most states certify the ballots early, but cannot legally count the votes until election day.  The theory is that vote rollups should not be revealed until after all polls close.

Voting machine votes are certified because voters are vetted by the polling judges before being handed a ballot or given access to a touch screen machine.

The theory is that Trump will have a lead before any of the early ballots are counted and he'll declare victory early. 

I can't see even Fox News affirming that knowing there are 2.5 million + votes yet to be counted. 

Again...so what ?   Al Gore declared victory early too in 2000....he was wrong.

Don't let Trump warp your perspective on what is just another U.S. election.   

Trump is in your head ?

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Most states certify the ballots early, but cannot legally count the votes until election day.  The theory is that vote rollups should not be revealed until after all polls close.

Voting machine votes are certified because voters are vetted by the polling judges before being handed a ballot or given access to a touch screen machine.

Again...so what ?   Al Gore declared victory early too in 2000....he was wrong.

Trump is in your head ?

Gore had the decency to concede when it's clear he lost. Do you think Trump has that decency? 

He's even tweeted about SCOTUS saving him. 

That's most certainly not democratic. 

It'll be a different situation. In 2000 it was re-counting votes already cast. In this instance it'll be to avoid counting votes at all. 

Edited by Boges

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Gore had the decency to concede when it's clear he lost. Do you think Trump has that decency?

Nonsense...Gore conceded...then "un-conceded"...and the election result dragged on for weeks.    You are just biased because it is Trump this time.

He's even tweeted about SCOTUS saving him. 

That's most certainly not democratic. 

It'll be a different situation. In 2000 it was re-counting votes already cast. In this instance it'll be to avoid counting votes at all. 

Nope....he was challenging lots of votes and hanging chads.   Gore was just as "desperate" for the win and fought in court for it.    Trump has every right to do the same thing.

It's just another election....take a deep breath...ignore Trump.

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Nonsense...Gore conceded...then "un-conceded"...and the election result dragged on for weeks.    You are just biased because it is Trump this time.

Nope....he was challenging lots of votes and hanging chads.   Gore was just as "desperate" for the win and fought in court for it.    Trump has every right to do the same thing.

It's just another election....take a deep breath...ignore Trump.

And Al Gore only wanted a recount with a new standard in the 3 most populous Democrat counties in Florida.  He didn’t care at all if similar votes in republican countries were counted.  As usual Bogies’ American political history begins in 2016.

• Like 1

Nancy Pelosi said that Congress is prepared to decide the presidential election if the results are disputed, reports Trending Politics.

“We understand what the law is and the preeminence of the role of Congress and specifically the House of Representatives when it comes to counting the votes.”

If the presidential election does not present a clear winner by electoral vote, it falls to the House or Representatives to choose the next president.

“We’re ready.”

“We’re prepared.”

https://www.chicksonright.com/blog/2020/11/03/nancy-pelosi-reveals-disturbing-motives-claims-that-if-the-election-is-disputed-the-house-will-select-president/

Edited by Infidel Dog

4 minutes ago, Shady said:

And Al Gore only wanted a recount with a new standard in the 3 most populous Democrat counties in Florida.  He didn’t care at all if similar votes in republican countries were counted.  As usual Bogies’ American political history begins in 2016.

Exactly, which is one of the main reasons he lost in Bush v. Gore.    The court held that just three recounts in Democrat counties amounted to a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the U.S. Constitution.   Al Gore wanted to violate the constitution just so he could win.    Trump haters can't/won't admit that.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Like 2

Remember Biden and other Dem candidates only have 1 objective: win their election.  

Republicans have 2 objectives:

1) win the election, or if not successful then:

2) delegitimize the election 

Objective 2 doesn’t require republicans to come up with any kind of vote count to claim they won. They just have to say the results can’t be trusted or are fraudulent and that’s that. They’ll resort to their usual tactic of unproven claims, bullshit conspiracy theories etc.  They’ll point to anything that’s different from previous years as proof, such as the mail-in and early voting due to COVID  

For Republicans to succeed, they don’t need people to accept their version of reality. They only need people to be unable to distinguish what is real and what is not and then just give up trying.

Not by coincidence that’s an actual strategy Putin has perfected and deployed to great effect since the start of his reign.  It’s called  the post-truth society.  Most people will become cynical and stop paying attention to the news and politics altogether since its all bullshit. Meanwhile others will jump into it with both feet for self-serving purposes or due identity politics...a few of these people may be kool-aid drinking “true believers” but most will simply accept that lies, propaganda, fake news, false-flag provocateurs, etc is all just fair game in order for their team to win. 

This graphic needs to be updated but you get the idea:

El6ceoMW0AAn6AO?format=jpg&name=small

You appear to here right now Biden hopeful:

Biden campaign manager Jen O'Malley Dillon: "We continue to have multiple pathways to 270 electoral votes" says they can win 270 even without PA and FL

— Charlotte Alter (@CharlotteAlter) November 3, 2020

In case you're wondering.

Edited by Infidel Dog

13 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The risk of violence (oh my) and rioting is much higher from the leftists if Trump wins again.    They are not prepared to take another beat down at the polls and EC, so they have to beat down others and destroy property.

I think that's true.  I think there are two kinds of responses to the results of this election, one being the response of the radical left to four more years.  City centres in flames as the wrong people pay the price to people who have no self control, and their friends who (apparently) have no televisions or running shoes.

The other, far less likely but more frightening possibility is the reaction of radical right wingers to a Biden victory once Trump has said he was robbed. 

Only one would be encouraged and sanctioned by the losing candidate, though.

Edited by bcsapper

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Only one would be encouraged and sanctioned by the losing candidate, though.

That's not true....Biden has already indirectly encouraged protests, rioting, and looting by not backing law enforcement after flip-flopping on "crime".

Trump supporters can invoke the same disruptive and violent methods if they choose to do so.   

• Like 1

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's not true....Biden has already indirectly encouraged protests, rioting, and looting by not backing law enforcement after flip-flopping on "crime".

Trump supporters can invoke the same disruptive and violent methods if they choose to do so.   

I believe it is true.  We can wait and see, can't we?  I doubt I'm wrong about that, though.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

I believe it is true.  We can wait and see, can't we?  I doubt I'm wrong about that, though.

I believe it is true that the leftists and "progressives" have already exhibited more violent protests, rioting, and looting.   I know I am not wrong about that.

Did they do it because Trump told them too ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I believe it is true that the leftists and "progressives" have already exhibited more violent protests, rioting, and looting.   I know I am not wrong about that.

No argument from me.  I don't know why they did it.  Like I said earlier, they either have no self control, or they are in need of consumer goods.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump is in your head ?

It is not just Trump. I had expected that the Republican party, esp in the Senate, would be a brake on his worst tendencies, but it hasn't worked out that way. Instead they've fallen all over themselves to support whatever dumb thing he says or does. They've never been able to bring themselves to stand up to him on anything.

16 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I think it's a combination of the covid thing giving them little to do, a seething hatred for Trump, and by extension all the Republicans at every level, and sheer, raw cowardice on the part of Democrats at any level to do more than offer minor reproof at their actions. As Douglas Murray said the other day, why shouldn't those lunatics in Portland and Seattle keep rioting when no one is doing a thing to them? The Democratic mayor, city council, prosecutor and governor are all desperately afraid of being accused of not sympathizing enough with the 'expressed' goal of social justice.

I'm hoping that if Trump goes away much of this will go away, and the. local Democrats will find the spine to have the police put these endless protests down.

Edited by Argus

19 minutes ago, Argus said:

I'm hoping that if Trump goes away much of this will go away, and the. local Democrats will find the spine to have the police put these endless protests down.

Don't count on it...they did it when Obama was president too, but the media (and Canada) loved him too much to bitch about it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Argus said:

I think it's a combination of the covid thing giving them little to do, a seething hatred for Trump, and by extension all the Republicans at every level, and sheer, raw cowardice on the part of Democrats at any level to do more than offer minor reproof at their actions. As Douglas Murray said the other day, why shouldn't those lunatics in Portland and Seattle keep rioting when no one is doing a thing to them? The Democratic mayor, city council, prosecutor and governor are all desperately afraid of being accused of not sympathizing enough with the 'expressed' goal of social justice.

Dream on................!

If Trump can pull this off it can be compared to the 1948 election when Truman(almost the same name, nomen est omen) was supposed to lose the election and the front pages of newspapers had to be taken down and printed again as they wrote about Truman's certain defeat when as in reality he had surprisingly won the election.

• Like 1