Pretty boy aka our PM gives $12M to Loblaw's

Justin Trudeau knows the Canadians' priorities. Lobbies, corporations are more valuable than Canadian citizens.

Please Justin pander more with our taxes' money to the lobbies. It's important for us to have you reelected and get funding from these special interest groups.

---

Why is Loblaw getting $12M to install new refrigerators? McKenna under fire for new funding

https://globalnews.ca/news/5145773/catherine-mckenna-loblaw-new-fridges/

Edited by QuebecOverCanada
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Justin Trudeau knows the Canadians' priorities. Lobbies, corporations are more valuable than Canadian citizens.

Please Justin pander more with our taxes' money to the lobbies. It's important for us to have you reelected and get funding from these special interest groups.

---

Why is Loblaw getting $12M to install new refrigerators? McKenna under fire for new funding

You just beat me to it. I just finished posting the same thing. :)  It is sad when the government can take our tax dollars and just give them away to one of the richest families in Canada. I guess that you and me are not lobbying for money hard enough. LOL.

I used to work at Loblaw in IT.  I've seen them dump 100 M easy over the course of 2-3 years to update their supply chain.  This is a fucking downright insult to Canadians through and through.  And what are they doing with the old ones? Recycling them?? HAHAHAH sure.

5 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

I used to work at Loblaw in IT.  I've seen them dump 100 M easy over the course of 2-3 years to update their supply chain.  This is a fucking downright insult to Canadians through and through.  And what are they doing with the old ones? Recycling them?? HAHAHAH sure.

If there are any Canadians out there that are dumb enough to still believe that our politicians are just wonderful people and they give a dam about Canadians and their tax dollars they are truly living in la la stunned land. Twelve million tax dollars would have been better spent on giving that money to some poor Canadian family rather then to a rich wealthy family. For a rich giant company like Loblaws to even take that money is a crime in itself on their part. It just shows that this family could care less about Canadians and are more worried about their profits. Let's get the people of Canada to buy us some freezers. Where the hell is Scheer and the conservative party on this? For this prime mistake of Chanuckistan to even do such a thing was a deplorable thing to have done. At least Maxine Bernier of the PPC has said that this kind of lobbying will end if he becomes the PM of Canada. Where is Scheer on this? Hiding?

Maybe Maxine will, and maybe Maxine won't, but I am at least willing and going to give hima chance with my vote and I hope that he does follow thru on his promise. Putting that fool of a PM of today or Scheer in power will only be giving those fools a licence to steal more of your tax dollars and continue to give it away to rich families. We will just have to hope for the best. :)

These are the same guys that were busted for fixing the price on bread....and ordered to pay back some of the funds they swindled, and then some how the Liberal government gives them 12 million.... 

4 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

---

In all seriousness, according to you, Justin Trudeau has favoured Loblaw's refrigerators?

1 hour ago, August1991 said:

In all seriousness, according to you, Justin Trudeau has favoured Loblaw's refrigerators?

Justin and the Liberal corporate establishment do favor big corporations before the common man.

Nobody who owns a small grocery store gets this kind of financing by the federal government.

Only corporates. Only the ones associated with the Liberals.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Justin and the Liberal corporate establishment do favor big corporations before the common man.

Nobody who owns a small grocery store gets this kind of financing by the federal government.

Only corporates. Only the ones associated with the Liberals.

Mais qui favorise Jean Coutu ?

57 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Since Ford canned the subsidies for electric cars, this makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

It's a different jurisdiction.  And now that I have actually read the article it makes less sense that this would be controversial. Energy use reduction incentives have been around since the 1970s.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's a different jurisdiction.  And now that I have actually read the article it makes less sense that this would be controversial. Energy use reduction incentives have been around since the 1970s.

While that might be true, Loblaw does not need the subsidies. They can easily eat this cost themselves to be 'more efficient'. Again I have seen them spend a lot of money to upgrade the supply chain to be more efficient and buying new trucks to save money on fuel.  The subsidies should go to smaller companies that do not have the capital to to these kind of upgrades.

Don't look at it as just Loblaw, consider the purchase of Shoppers Drug Mart stores and that those stores may need to be upgraded. But again, they can EASILY eat this cost.

51 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Singling them out because that is the topic of this thread.  Fancy that, staying on topic!!

When I was reading the article, I have the same question too. Why did this article single Loblaw out? There are few unnamed companies too. Is it an old trick from JT's minions?

43 minutes ago, egghead said:

When I was reading the article, I have the same question too. Why did this article single Loblaw out? There are few unnamed companies too. Is it an old trick from JT's minions?

Then it all needs to be called out. Why is it not?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Why single them out ?  What about the energy industry or mining ?

There is far too much money going to corporations of every stripe in the form of various tax breaks and subsidies to get them to do things they'd probably themselves anyway, or could be ordered to do. Some of it makes sense, intended to counteract unfair disadvantages from global competitors, but much of it is of no real value to Canadians. Much like the way we protect our telcoms from world competition - and in exchange get pretty near the highest prices on Earth.

• Like 1