Trudeau Reckless Binge

betsy

Just now, scribblet said:

I guess Noah what's his name can be offensive all he likes  

Do you know what the weather forecast said in Florida the day after the Challenger disaster?

Lots of very funny jokes are offensive.  Noah's isn't funny, but that's because it's strained and obvious. 

But I'll defend to the death, etc...

7 hours ago, Wilber said:

The Liberals have been telling us the economy is great but they are still running 20 billion deficits. It is looking very much like the world economy is about to go in the tank. Then what?

How about an economic revolution? Along the lines of the cultural revolution in China but with more of a view towards Pinochet's imagined outcome - a right wing Paradise.

Edited by eyeball

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

How about an economic revolution? Along the lines of the cultural revolution in China but with more of a view towards Pinochet's imagined outcome.

Would it get rid of Trudeau?  I could get behind  something like that.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

What about the other 4 billion lefties on the planet?

I'm a lefty, remember.  I'm just a sane one. 

I have contempt for a lot of right wingers, but mainly religious ones.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Scheer is a smiley, uncontroversial leader who can challenge Trudeau for votes "in the middle". The voters that have come to their senses.

In my opinion the last thing that we need is for Bernier to say something about immigration that gives Trudeau a chance to start virtue signalling. Trudeau will get crucified if the election is about policy or his abysmal track record, but he'll always win a virtue signalling contest.

Virtue signalling doesn't always work out well for Trudeau. The best example is his now infamous tweet that appeared to encourage 'irregular' migrants to leave Trump's America for Canada. The fiasco triggered a downward slide in the polls for Trudeau's party. He was able to recover from this self-inflicted wound largely by getting credit for the NAFTA/USMCA deal although I believe there's far less to this accomplishment than many tout. The biggest problem heading into 2019, though, is the lack of a compelling alternative. I tend to agree with Bernier that the CPC under Scheer is a slightly improved variation on the Lib party. If voters "in the middle" don't see a compelling alternative to Trudeau, is it likely they'd vote his party out? A lot can happen before next fall, of course. It's possible we're facing a recession, which is never good for an incumbent government. The refugee mess is nowhere close to being cleaned up. Canada's energy industry is facing a crisis that Trudeau seems utterly incapable of resolving. Trudeau's environmental policies, including implementing a carbon tax in Ontario in 2019, could well backfire. Carbon taxes aren't economically neutral and we've seen in recent weeks in France that anger over them can diminish public support for a sitting government and derail its policy approach. And then there are the unknowns relating to problems that we simply can't predict. But without a compelling political alternative and in the absence of major gaffes from this point forward Trudeau's government could easily be re-elected.

Edited by turningrite

18 hours ago, turningrite said:

But without a compelling political alternative and in the absence of major gaffes from this point forward Trudeau's government could easily be re-elected.

The two things that Trudeau has going for him are Jagmeet Singh and Maxime Bernier.

Singh has marginalized the NDP Party, resulting in a concentration of the leftist vote under Trudeau. Bernier is hell-bent on splitting the conservative vote. Both those things bode really well for Trudeau.

I think that a lot of people who were fooled into voting for Trudeau the first time around will do it again, they'll just be like the Trump voters who keep a low profile until they go into the polling booths. But overall support for him is way down, and come election time, when he has to face up to all his major gaffes in politcal debates with Scheer, his support will wither.

People are distracted by Trump right now. The focus is off of Trudeau's stupidity. When the videos start coming up, showcasing all of Trudeau's shortcomings in one neat little package, awareness will eventually overcome girlish infatuation.

4 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The two things that Trudeau has going for him are Jagmeet Singh and Maxime Bernier.

Singh has marginalized the NDP Party, resulting in a concentration of the leftist vote under Trudeau. Bernier is hell-bent on splitting the conservative vote. Both those things bode really well for Trudeau.

I think that a lot of people who were fooled into voting for Trudeau the first time around will do it again, they'll just be like the Trump voters who keep a low profile until they go into the polling booths. But overall support for him is way down, and come election time, when he has to face up to all his major gaffes in politcal debates with Scheer, his support will wither.

People are distracted by Trump right now. The focus is off of Trudeau's stupidity. When the videos start coming up, showcasing all of Trudeau's shortcomings in one neat little package, awareness will eventually overcome girlish infatuation.

If he can create enough buzz to force Scheer and the CPC to address controversial topics in order to hold the right and centre-right vote, I believe Bernier's role will be positive. So far, Scheer's approach has been to smile a lot and say very little of real substance. This strategy was tried in the last election by Tom Muclair and look where it got him and his party. Bernier might be the right's only hope to prevent a milquetoast Scheer from fading into the woodwork as Trudeau reads his over-rehearsed speeches, works his social media networks and ramps up his virtue-signalling.

And now......Trudeau is going to sign with the UN compact migrant.

EU nations increasingly divided over UN migration pact

“It’s way too pro-migration. It doesn’t have the nuance that it needs to have to also comfort European citizens,” Belgium’s migration minister, Theo Francken, said Thursday.

“It’s not legally binding, but it’s not without legal risks,” he said, adding that rights laws are being interpreted widely in EU courts and those rulings are tying the hands of migration policy-makers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/belgian-minister-wants-nothing-to-do-with-un-migration-pact/2018/12/06/56d4dcc4-f93b-11e8-8642-c9718a256cbd_story.html?utm_term=.18fa583f6c01

Austria to shun global migration pact, fearing creep in human rights

over concerns it will blur the line between legal and illegal migration, the right-wing government said on Wednesday.

The Austrian government is concerned that signing up to the pact, even though it is not binding, could eventually help lead to the recognition of a “human right to migration”.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-un-migrants-austria/austria-to-shun-global-migration-pact-fearing-creep-in-human-rights-idUSKCN1N50JZ

"They call us racists no matter what we do," Bannon said, according to Belgian media. "But it's not up to workers in Hungary, France and the U.S. to resolve African problems."

https://www.politico.eu/article/steve-bannon-in-brussels-un-migration-pact-already-dead/

Hello?   Aren't we neck-deep into our own problem(s) too?

Edited by betsy

Would-be immigrants who follow the process and patiently waiting in line for approval, are going to get shafted. 

There's no question about that.

Just like a teen would promise anything just to get his way, Trudeau will sign anything, just to earn a seat at the security council.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 8:21 PM, turningrite said:

If he can create enough buzz to force Scheer and the CPC to address controversial topics in order to hold the right and centre-right vote, I believe Bernier's role will be positive. So far, Scheer's approach has been to smile a lot and say very little of real substance. This strategy was tried in the last election by Tom Muclair and look where it got him and his party. Bernier might be the right's only hope to prevent a milquetoast Scheer from fading into the woodwork as Trudeau reads his over-rehearsed speeches, works his social media networks and ramps up his virtue-signalling.

Mulcair was just an angry ass. Trudeau got the angry, stupid liberal votes as well as the unicorn voters. 

Scheer might not be far enough to the right to suit some but the middle voters are ripe for the pickings. If Scheer can get all of the right and some of the middle, plus people who want to vote against Trudeau that will be enough.

21 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Scheer might not be far enough to the right to suit some but the middle voters are ripe for the pickings. If Scheer can get all of the right and some of the middle, plus people who want to vote against Trudeau that will be enough.

It's notable that Scheer, like Bernier, stands opposed to the UN Compact for Migration, which is being signed this week by Trudeau's government on Canada's behalf. If Bernier can raise the profile of the immigration file sufficiently to get Scheer's CPC to take a more aggressive stance against the Trudeau government's immigration policies, the CPC might actually benefit. Bernier holds that the CPC under Scheer is just a pale imitation of Trudeau's party and if Scheer, who comes across as affable and ordinary, doesn't seem to offer any kind of substantive alternative to Trudeau, the Libs will win. Bernier's presence in the mix may be the only thing that prevents another Lib majority. As for Singh, I think he and his party are in for a drubbing. The big risk is that NDP voters will move to shore up Lib support if Scheer and/or Bernier gain significant traction.

3 hours ago, turningrite said:

if Scheer, who comes across as affable and ordinary, doesn't seem to offer any kind of substantive alternative to Trudeau, the Libs will win. Bernier's presence in the mix may be the only thing that prevents another Lib majority.

If Scheer promised a modest $40 billion dollar deficit over the next 4 years and said that he wouldn't drive away investment, kill off parts of our economy, cater to foreign resources over Canadian options, or give the red carpet treatment to terrorists he would be a substantive alternative to Trudeau.

As for Singh, I think he and his party are in for a drubbing. The big risk is that NDP voters will move to shore up Lib support if Scheer and/or Bernier gain significant traction.

Singh's party is toast, and the Libs will get all those votes.

4 hours ago, turningrite said:

if Scheer, who comes across as affable and ordinary, doesn't seem to offer any kind of substantive alternative to Trudeau,

We could elect a steaming pile of shit as PM and it could do nothing but attract flies for the next 4 years and it would still be a substantive improvement. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 1:11 PM, WestCanMan said:

I find it hard to believe that the Libs are way ahead. This smacks of the 2016 US Presidential polls that had Hillary way up.

It's like the pollsters are trying to say "these are the cool kids" to stop voters from taking all of the damning facts seriously. 

The only people I know who would speak in favour of Trudeau are completely vacuous types who barely even pay attention to politics.

They poll who they know will give them the answers they want.they also doctor the question to pigeonhole respondants. Try answering none of the above. They don't know what to do with yur ansr so they say undecided. Then say the results are such and such 19 times out of twenty. To me that says your published results are nowhere near accurate and not worth the powder to blow them to hell

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, dialamah said:

Ah yes.  As oldsters become less and less relevant, they try to pretend the young people aren't leading the world into the future by making dismissive and insulting remarks.

Most young people tend to fall into the category of "low information voters". It explains why more of them support the incredibly shallow Justin Trudeau and political correctness is their ideology.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that he will lose a lot of the women's vote. They are not as naive and shallow as he thinks they are. His "feminine schtick" is running a little stale - and his handling of the Rose Knight fiasco was foolishly hypocritical. Imagine - after all the "MeToo" activism, he actually insults Ms. Knight by saying: " Who knows where her mind was and I fully respect her ability to experience something differently".  And remember "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".