The transgender insanity movement

Argus

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Just conceding they exist and have rights isn't having the ideology being shoved down our throats though. 

If thats all we were doing, I don't think people would have a problem with the trans community, or rather activists who speak loudly on their behalf.

If conceding existence and them having rights was truly the end game, it would be a conversation. An incredibly reasonable one. 

Its a one sided exchange right now, and they set the language the terms, and what gets taught to kids.

Its if I want to be pro trans, I can't do it if I don't accept the pronouns that come with this.

I can't openly state how I feel about pronouns or challenge faulty information without being accused of bigotry.

This is people bogarting a movement about acceptance, and turning it into something divisive and using lobbying power and politics to force their beliefs onto others.

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 1:57 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1. I don't think that this point will convince anyone to change their views.
2. It was happening before.  You seem to think that your perspective will matter to those who have been forced to the margins in the past.  I don't think it will.
3. That is what is happening with these changes.
4. No - social relations have changed.  Have you used the term Ms. before ?
5. Maybe, maybe not.  You said "most" but most support gender protection being added to the human rights act anyway.   Hard to say if your assertion is valid.
6. It's a social trend - everyone affects it just as butterfly wings affect the weather.
7. But social mores exist nonetheless.  

1. Are you saying that becasue the majority of Canadians is behind this opinion, whether it is based in science or biology that it can not challenged...becasue it is one expressed by the majority...like the earth was once flat, but once science proved it was a globe, opinions changed for the most part, and yet science nor biology has given any credence to most of what is being sold by the LGBTQ community, or the majority of Canadians opinions...

2. once again majority rules regardless if it can be proven in science or biology...

3. is it not for a  normal society before excepting the majority opinion that it some how be proven as facts first...either by science or biology... or do we now have to figure our how to explain these actions or words by replacing hard science and biology with some other fictitious statement...

5. 1700 people do not meet the majority of Canadians, polls are not a good indication of anything when it comes to say the majority of Canadians think this or that...I'm sure you'd get 2 different answer if you asked Canadians in Alberta, or Toronto. 

6. So really it is a trend made up by some 16 year old who is confused about his or her life, it has been picked up by social media and poof this is now our nations opinion, becasue it trended well on social media...when it clearly is a mental health issue, "can we even say that"...and while most normal people are just ignoring the issue all together as it does not effect them in any way...

what is the next trend...and what are we going to change to accommodate it...pigs can fly, i can shoot lightning bolts out of my a$$, super heroes are real.. and we are just going to smile and go about our day, but not call them out for their mental health issues, put balance back in the world...

Edited by Army Guy

On 9/22/2023 at 8:25 AM, Boges said:

Just conceding they exist and have rights isn't having the ideology being shoved down our throats though. 

There's no constitutional equivalent of ideology being shoved down someone's throat.  It can mean anything, so people have to be specific if they're asking for something like policy change vs complaining about rainbow colours.

Our schools reflect the values of the community at large, and despite the noise most people are inclusive.

BTW I hear it's Muslim groups opposing the inclusion measures, which presumably includes prayer rooms...

22 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

so people have to be specific

The TQ portion of the LGB movement have highjacked the movement.

How can you ask people to be specific, when gender ideology has essentially blurred the lines of what gender is to begin with. Nobody can tell you what a woman is anymore or how many genders that there are. Facts no longer matter. 

It literally contradicts what it is to be gay. A gay male, will be attracted to another gay male. Male genitalia. 

A gay male that enjoys eating p****, is not gay. He's bi.

Nothing wrong with either, but to push this agenda on kids, is dangerous. 

Let them question their gender and sexuality as teens like everyone else. Pushing this onto kids has nothing to do with education. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think we have some folks on here who are hyper-sensitive and/or are masters of the art of hyperbole and exaggeration. According to them.. transgender types are everywhere. Every city, every county, every state.. are filled with them. And yet I was just in Southern California for 9 days and only saw one that could have been trans. This can't be though. In this most liberal of areas.. i should have inundated with them and yet none. 

On 10/3/2023 at 4:51 PM, Perspektiv said:

1. How can you ask people to be specific, when gender ideology has essentially blurred the lines of what gender is to begin with. Nobody can tell you what a woman is anymore or how many genders that there are. Facts no longer matter. 

2. Nothing wrong with either, but to push this agenda on kids, is dangerous. 

Let them question their gender and sexuality as teens like everyone else. Pushing this onto kids has nothing to do with education. 

1. I don't think that facts don't matter anymore. There is still such a thing as a fact, it's just that we don't all agree on the definitions of some words right now.

2. As an example of an ambiguous term, and the new practice of mixing opinions into facts. 

How does our nation agree on what a woman is? Well, we can't. We could probably do better when talking about trans women, and then by using that term to build out what their rights are, as well as what needs to be determined still.

How do we agree on what pushing an agenda is? Well, we can't. Instead, we have to agree on curriculum, subject matter and exceptions for those who disagree.

-------

I think there should be an arena for people to throw opinions at each other, as well as one for people to build out discussions on policy based on points of law.

If you think there's a LBGTQ conspiracy, and a gender or what have you.. that's your opinion and I can know more discuss it or dissuade you then if we were arguing about flavors of ice cream.

It's not an interesting topic to discuss because there's no way to move it forward.

If there are specific points of concern on the policies we should talk about those.

8 hours ago, impartialobserver said:

I think we have some folks on here who are hyper-sensitive and/or are masters of the art of hyperbole and exaggeration. According to them.. transgender types are everywhere. Every city, every county, every state.. are filled with them. And yet I was just in Southern California for 9 days and only saw one that could have been trans. This can't be though. In this most liberal of areas.. i should have inundated with them and yet none. 

Strangely enough, after never having so much as seen a trans person before, I was served by a trans person in two consecutive stores in Edmonton a couple of weeks ago.

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2018 at 1:17 PM, bcsapper said:

What kind of dress?  Could I be Katharine Hepburn? 

If I needed to I would use a woman's washroom, dress or no dress.

I don't think people, especially children or their parents, are sufficiently qualified to know when gender is actually fluid/changing.  I think a medical professional's opinion should be required before anything is chopped off/sewn on.

But transgender advocates say medical professionals "assign" a gender at birth which any be entirely incorrect. According to trans activists only the person themselves know their gender and it could change at anytime. 

On 10/12/2023 at 8:27 PM, bcsapper said:

Strangely enough, after never having so much as seen a trans person before, I was served by a trans person in two consecutive stores in Edmonton a couple of weeks ago.

It's akin to mass psychosis 

On 1/8/2024 at 11:51 AM, Yakuda said:

But transgender advocates say medical professionals "assign" a gender at birth which any be entirely incorrect. According to trans activists only the person themselves know their gender and it could change at anytime. 

You can’t judge your own gender?  You need someone to do it for you?

10 hours ago, TreeBeard said:

You can’t judge your own gender?  You need someone to do it for you?

It has nothing to do with what I "judge" my gender to be. That's what the trans knuckleheads can't figure out. I have no idea what it's like to feel like a man I just feel what I feel. Biology has determined I am a man NOT my feelings or my judgement. 

It's like that asinine claim that gender is "assigned" at birth. Only an imbecile believes that. You see a dog you know it's a dog you aren't "assigning" it that name. 

On 1/15/2024 at 9:21 AM, Yakuda said:

You see a dog you know it's a dog you aren't "assigning" it that

Speak for yourself. My cat fetched whatever I threw for it to get. Sat on my sofa, and followed me everywhere, and responded when I called its name.

Even slept on my bed, or would have tantrums if I refused.

It identified as a dog, and am deeply offended.

Seriously, though. How can you question something if there no longer is a standard allowing you to do so--want to remove dissenting opinions, murky the waters, and shame people arbitrarily to keep them in line:

image.thumb.png.1614336910299b9b88582d37a439723e.png

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

Speak for yourself. My cat fetched whatever I threw for it to get. Sat on my sofa, and followed me everywhere, and responded when I called its name.

Even slept on my bed, or would have tantrums if I refused.

It identified as a dog, and am deeply offended.

Seriously, though. How can you question something if there no longer is a standard allowing you to do so--want to remove dissenting opinions, murky the waters, and shame people arbitrarily to keep them in line:

image.thumb.png.1614336910299b9b88582d37a439723e.png

LOL hilarious

I challenge leftist loons all the time about the lack of standards and how they have no justification to question anything I decide to do. They can't objectively say that anything Hitler did was immoral. The best they can do is say a lot not people didn't like what he did. It's sad. Being offended is the mortal sin in the religion of leftism. 

• 1 month later...

There is no such thing as "transgender"; there are only people pretending to be something that they can never be.  It's also noteworthy that the incidents of sexual assaults, murder, and suicide, are apparently in the stratosphere. 

Here's the latest.

11 minutes ago, Gator said:

There is no such thing as "transgender"; there are only people pretending to be something that they can never be.  It's also noteworthy that the incidents of sexual assaults, murder, and suicide, are apparently in the stratosphere. 

Here's the latest.

Another fly by troll.  You can replace Groot in the Ignore list.

6 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Another fly by troll.  You can replace Groot in the Ignore list.

How am I a troll?  Is it because I factually stated that people can't change their sex or is it because i shared the truth that the incidents of depraved crime is in the stratosphere for that segment of society?  

• 1 month later...

I'm reading bits and pieces about the Cass Review here and there in various news media. It was a long, complex and rigorous study of there treatment of young people who claim transgenderism. The final report came out last week and basically said there is very little evidence to support the current use of puberty blockers or the 'affirmation' model of simply agreeing with whatever the child thought. It doesn't say it in this particular report but in another I read that almost all the kids who thought they might be transgender - weren't. Many were gay/lesbian/bi or simply had various psychological issues.

https://archive.is/XocgM

14 hours ago, I am Groot said:

I'm reading bits and pieces about the Cass Review here and there in various news media. It was a long, complex and rigorous study of there treatment of young people who claim transgenderism. The final report came out last week and basically said there is very little evidence to support the current use of puberty blockers or the 'affirmation' model of simply agreeing with whatever the child thought. It doesn't say it in this particular report but in another I read that almost all the kids who thought they might be transgender - weren't. Many were gay/lesbian/bi or simply had various psychological issues.

https://archive.is/XocgM

This is going to rock the liberal world once people become aware, because it acknowledges the culture war assertions if the so-called Chuds, ie. That doctors are not taking proper steps to counsel children.

I have been following this as a critical issue for the public sphere for awhile.

But it needs to be a starting point to disassemble liberal chudism.